HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

General OT Thread #21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-01-2012, 09:30 PM
  #76
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 97

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:33 PM
  #77
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,066
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
What's the point of "cute" though? How does it serve us? Only people it serves are the ones who are currently being able to monetize the concept.




You really needed to mention your dad in past tense twice? My dad was a raving alcoholic who left my mother after I was born but not before he sold all our valuables and escaped somewhere north, only to die some years later. Yet, I don't feel the need to mention him to try and get other people to sympathize with me.

Appreciate it very much? Doubt it. I bet there are much better and more productive things any parent can do than spending time with their now-adult offspring.
Obviously yes... since I was typing that I currently do something that I am unable to do with my Dad since he passed away in 2008. I still take my Mom to movies on a regular basis.

As for my Parents appreciating it? ABSOLUTELY they do! If I get a bit busy with other things, I actually end up having my Mom asking me why I haven't been able to come over to see her!

TaLoN is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:36 PM
  #78
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
So I could really go for some spaghetti right now, that sounds so good. What are your guys' favorite foods?

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
  #79
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,549
vCash: 500
"If you get mad for someone suggesting you may have anger problems.. then you just might have anger problems." -Some dumb redneck

But seriously, I can't wait for the mods to sort through this. They have their work cut out for them. Expecting to see a baby blue inbox tomorrow morning. But gotta choose your battles; and I hardly ever get into any.

Generic User is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
  #80
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,201
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
"If you get mad for someone suggesting you may have anger problems.. then you just might have anger problems." -Some dumb redneck

But seriously, I can't wait for the mods to sort through this. They have their work cut out for them. Expecting to see a baby blue inbox tomorrow morning. But gotta choose your battles; and I hardly ever get into any.
They're gonna take away my awesome Lapanta avatar? NOOOOOOO!!!

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
  #81
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,066
vCash: 50
Here... let's watch this instead...


TaLoN is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:42 PM
  #82
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
What's the point of "cute" though? How does it serve us? Only people it serves are the ones who are currently being able to monetize the concept.




You really needed to mention your dad in past tense twice? My dad was a raving alcoholic who left my mother after I was born but not before he sold all our valuables and escaped somewhere north, only to die some years later. Yet, I don't feel the need to mention him to try and get other people to sympathize with me.

Appreciate it very much? Doubt it. I bet there are much better and more productive things any parent can do than spending time with their now-adult offspring.
Disagree. Nothing wrong with parents and their adult offspring spending some quality time together. It's different for each person and I fully understand that there are endless situations (such as your case) where a parent didn't act like an adult much less a parent. Each person has their own perspective based on their past. I wouldn't judge you for feeling the way that you do based on what happened with your parents. But you can't judge others either based on their relationships with their parents. My parents and I have a great relationship and spend a lot of time together. Heck, we share the season tickets and attend all the Wild games together. Doesn't make me a loser.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. Don't want to fight with anyone tonight. Came here for some laughs, and looks like it's a little too serious this evening.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:42 PM
  #83
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
So none of you guys like food? Damn. That's a little... weird.

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:44 PM
  #84
Minnesota
Moderator
L'étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post
So none of you guys like food? Damn. That's a little... weird.
Chik-Fil-A?

*audience gasp*

Minnesota is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:45 PM
  #85
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Chik-Fil-A?

*audience gasp*
I've never actually had Chil-Fil-A, I've had KFC and Cane's. I have always wanted to try Chick-Fil-A though.

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
  #86
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post
I've never actually had Chil-Fil-A, I've had KFC and Cane's. I have always wanted to try Chick-Fil-A though.
It's delicious. The Bigotry really adds something to the Chicken.

But seriously it is good even if the company supports causes I disagree with.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
  #87
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,066
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post
I've never actually had Chil-Fil-A, I've had KFC and Cane's. I have always wanted to try Chick-Fil-A though.
Chik-Fil-A = Overrated

I'll take KFC over it any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

TaLoN is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:47 PM
  #88
Minnesota
Moderator
L'étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,441
vCash: 50
I blame Mark Parrish.

Also, KFC makes me feel like a fatty.


Last edited by Jarick: 09-01-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: qdp
Minnesota is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:48 PM
  #89
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
It's delicious. The Bigotry really adds something to the Chicken.

But seriously it is good even if the company supports causes I disagree with.
I try to avoid mixing politics and food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Chik-Fil-A = Overrated

I'll take KFC over it any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!
Good to know, cause I love KFC, so now I won't even bother going out of my way to get Chick-Fil-A.

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:48 PM
  #90
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,201
vCash: 50
Alright, I'll make the switch to food talk as well. Grilled 10 1/4 lb burgers tonight. Burnt a couple of em' a little bit but overall, pretty good. Love me some Steakhouse Potato Salad with them burgers.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
  #91
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Speaking of burgers, I still need to try a Juicy Lucy. I've never had one.

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
  #92
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Speaking of food, now that College is back on it's time for me to eat terribly. Hello gaining back those 15 pounds I lost this summer.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
  #93
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,066
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I blame Mark Parrish.

Also, KFC makes me feel like a fatty.
Never said the quality of the chicken at KFC is anything special... but the flavor... OMG! KFC is like crack!

TaLoN is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
  #94
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I blame Mark Parrish.

Also, KFC makes me feel like a fatty.
I blame this guy.


NHL1674 is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:51 PM
  #95
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Speaking of food, now that College is back on it's time for me to eat terribly. Hello gaining back those 15 pounds I lost this summer.
Same! I'm not looking forward to being a fatfat again.

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:51 PM
  #96
Minnesota
Moderator
L'étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post
Speaking of burgers, I still need to try a Juicy Lucy. I've never had one.
Went on a Juicy Luicy quest last weekend; ended up going to Pizza Luce instead. It was my first time, and I was not disappointed.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
  #97
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,066
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post
I try to avoid mixing politics and food.



Good to know, cause I love KFC, so now I won't even bother going out of my way to get Chick-Fil-A.
You can't beat KFC's 11 herbs and spices!

I went to Chik-Fil-A for the first time back in 2005 when I was in Daytona... everyone said I HAD to try it because it was sooooo good. I was sooooo unimpressed!

The chicken quality may be a bit higher than KFC's... not nearly as much grease, but the flavor just can't compete at all.

TaLoN is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:53 PM
  #98
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Have you guys ever been to Mesa Pizza? I know there's one at the U.

usernam* is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:53 PM
  #99
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Went on a Juicy Luicy quest last weekend; ended up going to Pizza Luce instead. It was my first time, and I was not disappointed.
Their Pizza Athena is so good.
Them and Punch are my favorite pizza joints I've gone to in the Cities.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 09:53 PM
  #100
Minnesota
Moderator
L'étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam View Post
Same! I'm not looking forward to being a fatfat again.
I look like a backwards jellybean on a toothpick. Time to hit the gym.

Minnesota is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.