HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
This thread reeks of white knights
Heaven forbid a man sticks up for a woman. I know you may use it as a ploy but not everyone is like you thankfully.

Old
09-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
Is anyone else as disappointed in the hitting this year as I am? I've put a little time in the demo, and it's not nearly as good as last year or even when they first introduced it.

Players are bouncing, or rolling on the ice. I have rarely seen a player roll on the ice after getting hit by virtue of momentum and not of their own volition. The fact that it's ice makes it so any momentum you had when hit would cause a slide, not a roll.

Beyond that, there's players bouncing on the ice after they land like bouncy-balls. When you hit a player, sometimes their torso stays still and their feet go backwards. News flash, if you hit someone in their center of gravity in their torso, their torso stops and their legs keep going, in other words, it appears as if their torsos go backwards, not their legs. that's physics. The hits appear to be way of keel too. You can skate at someone full speed and barely hit them, then hit them a second time from a standing position and they go flying.

In NHL 12, if you hit a guy, but just hit his should or something he'd kind of spin and try and retain balance. In the demo it seems that there's no physics at all. This is the first demo I've actually gotten since 2001, so I'm hoping that they just took out some of the physics coding to make the download smaller. But the hits are extremely awkward and stiff.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
This thread reeks of white knights
This is a NHL 13 thread, in a fantasy sub-section, in a hockey forum...pretty sure we're safe from 'white knighting' as I highly doubt anyone thinks women are reading any of what they're saying. We are perhaps in danger of people actually thinking ratings of some 'legend' players don't matter or affect the game in any way.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:19 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I find that depends a lot on how creative EA will be when it comes to the HUT. If I were them I would have tournaments online with certain categories: SEL only, one nationality only and CHL only and I would have higher bonuses for winning those to try to attract more people to use those players. It would also increase the value of players like Huberdeau, Yakupov, etc.
I would say there is a really good chance this will happen, also there will be a salary cap in some tournaments so you can't walk into everyone with your top line of Ovi-Sid-Lemieux and your second line Stamkos-Gretzky-Malkin, with some high end D men backing you up to, as well as Price in net.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:10 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I don't know if EA added any new teams or leagues to '13, but if they don't have the rights for the KHL, then start adding some of the other leagues like the Ligue Magnus, Erste Bank Liga, the 2nd tier leagues for all of the leagues in the game.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Patchey*

Are you able to use your own rosters in Gm Connected (Offline specifically)

Old
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
n00bxQb

I'd like to see the ECHL and Allsvenskan added, but it's not happening this year. ECHL so your low-end prospects can gain experience and Allsvenskan because it's really annoying losing those Swedish prospects every year because their team got demoted from Elitserien.

The KHL will never happen because they don't want to be considered second fiddle to the NHL.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
Are you able to use your own rosters in Gm Connected (Offline specifically)
GM Connected is online only. Offline is Be a GM.

You can use custom rosters in BAGM, but not in GM Connected.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Patchey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
GM Connected is online only. Offline is Be a GM.

You can use custom rosters in BAGM, but not in GM Connected.
Oh, I heard it was just GM connected now, but it had an offline mode, similar to Madden.

Old
09-02-2012, 07:51 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
Oh, I heard it was just GM connected now, but it had an offline mode, similar to Madden.
They're 2 different things. GM Connected is just an online version of Be A GM, and you're stuck with the default rosters for connected.

Old
09-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Oh I just love EA. Instead of just a Legends team they are making two. But wait what are they called then because surely you can't have two teams named the same? Not to fear EA has decided that it wants to hear more of your whining, ladies and gentlemen and boys, I present to you Team Wickenheiser and Team Ruggiero!

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...ds-join-roster

Old
09-02-2012, 08:57 AM
SteelCitySaviour

Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
Oh I just love EA. Instead of just a Legends team they are making two. But wait what are they called then because surely you can't have two teams named the same? Not to fear EA has decided that it wants to hear more of your whining, ladies and gentlemen and boys, I present to you Team Wickenheiser and Team Ruggiero!

who cares? what do the extra teams that no one uses matter?

Old
09-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:

Are you really that hurt over this?

Old
09-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Passchendaele

What's the point of having two Legends teams if there are less than 10 'legends'?

Old
09-02-2012, 12:05 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
What's the point of having two Legends teams if there are less than 10 'legends'?
They'll probably do what they did last year and include guys like Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin etc on the Legends team.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Are you really that hurt over this?
I'm not hurt at all. I guess I'm not allowed to love EA? I like what their doing personally and not just adding in the women and letting them be forgot about. It's cool they named both teams after them. I'm rather enjoying NHL 13 now.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:49 PM
matt1396

Quote:
I'm not hurt at all. I guess I'm not allowed to love EA? I like what their doing personally and not just adding in the women and letting them be forgot about. It's cool they named both teams after them. I'm rather enjoying NHL 13 now.
I'm alright with them adding Women to the game, but they shouldn't be on the legends team. Were talking about NHL legends, not Hockey Legends in general. I probably won't be playing with the Legend teams, but it is just annoying having them on it. just my 2 cents.

Old
09-02-2012, 01:16 PM
PaperRockChamp

Wickenheiser is a Canadian hockey legend. She's too good to play regularly with other Women, so she plays hockey with Men and gets paid to do so. I have no problem with her being in the game, I'll probably even have her on my Hut team if I get the opportunity.

As my buddy always says; Atta boy, Hayley!

Old
09-02-2012, 01:27 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

I looked it up, but quick question guys. I am going to pre-order the game tomorrow. I have a business so I am really busy. I might get to play on weekends.

If I buy that season pass, i can digitally download this game on Saturday (3 days early) and will still have to pick up the physical game right? I have some money to burn so I don't care if I am paying an extra $20+ for it.

Am I right?

Old
09-02-2012, 01:44 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
I looked it up, but quick question guys. I am going to pre-order the game tomorrow. I have a business so I am really busy. I might get to play on weekends.

If I buy that season pass, i can digitally download this game on Saturday (3 days early) and will still have to pick up the physical game right? I have some money to burn so I don't care if I am paying an extra $20+ for it.

Am I right?
On regular release day, you can either unlock the early release version through PSN, or you can use your disc based game. Also, the PSN early release will be available at 6pm (not sure if Central or Eastern time) on Sept 7th (Friday)

Old
09-02-2012, 01:51 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

I have 360. So if I purchase this Online Season pass for a year, I can go to my Marketplace and somehow download it early?

Sorry I was talking about that EA Season Ticket

Old
09-02-2012, 01:53 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

I googled it as well. Looks like I will download it early then go pick up the hard copy I pre-order to continue playing.

Great!

Old
09-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Slapshot_11

Any word if the skating got changed from the beta?

And you know whats also annoying? when im defending the front of my net and my player decides to turn the other way and I cant get him to turn to face the guy with the puck and he passes it and they score

Old
09-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Heisenberg77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
They're 2 different things. GM Connected is just an online version of Be A GM, and you're stuck with the default rosters for connected.
Judging by the demo, I'm pretty sure I saw only the GM Connected mode, no Be a GM Mode separately. That seems to be the way EA is going this year. Combining the modes, while leaving the people who want to simply play some Season Mode games and that's it, out of the equation.

Old
09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
Judging by the demo, I'm pretty sure I saw only the GM Connected mode, no Be a GM Mode separately. That seems to be the way EA is going this year. Combining the modes, while leaving the people who want to simply play some Season Mode games and that's it, out of the equation.
EA has already said there will be an Offline Be a GM mode in this, the other game modes tab probably isn't in the demo.

Closed Thread