HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2012, 04:59 AM
  #26
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Where did you find out who recorded assists in the games? I could only find the short reports on al-bankligaen.dk, and they only mentioned who scored the goal.s

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 10:25 AM
  #27
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey
 
Valdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Country: Denmark
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Where did you find out who recorded assists in the games? I could only find the short reports on al-bankligaen.dk, and they only mentioned who scored the goal.s
Thats easy to answer. Either here:

hockeyfrance.com

or (much better as usual) here:

forums.internationalhockey.net

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 06:56 AM
  #28
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Nikolaj Ehlers seem to be playing more or less like his level last year for Biel U20.
So far 6G 5A in 13 maches. He is actually below 1 point/game which is a little regress from last year with 17G 17A in 28 matches. But then Biel is 13 out of 14 teams, so they seem to be struggling.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 01:18 AM
  #29
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
The team is quite bad. But Ehlers has been a part of 36% of all goals scored by the team, which is not bad. And no one on the team is at a PPG pace right now because the team has a hard time scoring, they only score around 2.3 goals per game. And they recently went 7 or 8 games without scoring more than 2 goals.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 03:12 AM
  #30
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
The team is quite bad. But Ehlers has been a part of 36% of all goals scored by the team, which is not bad. And no one on the team is at a PPG pace right now because the team has a hard time scoring, they only score around 2.3 goals per game. And they recently went 7 or 8 games without scoring more than 2 goals.
For what it's worth, he is a ppg player as of now.

17gp - 10g - 7a - 17pt

Keeping in mind it is on such a bad team, and he is by far the youngest then its quite good.

Jevo, can you calculate how big a percentage of the goals he has been involved in as of now?

He is right now the leading U17 player in the U20 league, infront of Timo Meier and Pius Suter.
He is CLEAR number one in only terms of goals.

Fabrice Herzog is the youngest guy on the top ten scoring but he is on a good team feeding better players and getting fed by better players.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
  #31
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey
 
Valdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Country: Denmark
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
I believe he is doing as expected on a weak team.
He has been directly involved in 17 of his teams 46 goals, that is 37%!

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
  #32
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Nicolaj Ehlers has been doing great lately.
New update from eliteprospects has him on 14G 10A in 20 matches.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:44 AM
  #33
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Nicolaj Ehlers has been doing great lately.
New update from eliteprospects has him on 14G 10A in 20 matches.
This is really impressive for a 16 year old!

Im really getting exited for him.. He is leading scorer on his team, but also the youngest

Don't know how strong 2014 draft is looking, but he could be top 20 talent

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
  #34
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
This is really impressive for a 16 year old!

Im really getting exited for him.. He is leading scorer on his team, but also the youngest

Don't know how strong 2014 draft is looking, but he could be top 20 talent
I would think he is up there among the top danish talents of all time. If he continues he would be an almost certain 1'st draft pick. How high will be exiting to see. I agree with top 20 is possible, depending on how strong the 2014 draft will be.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:19 PM
  #35
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Ehlers with 4 goals tonight, now have 11 points (7G 4A) in 4 games since the national team break. A really impressive stretch. This brings his total to 30 (18G 12A) in 22 matches.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:32 PM
  #36
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey
 
Valdemar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Country: Denmark
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Ehlers with 4 goals tonight, now have 11 points (7G 4A) in 4 games since the national team break. A really impressive stretch. This brings his total to 30 (18G 12A) in 22 matches.
WOW, he is really on fire, and has moved up to be an incredible no 4, on the high scorer list.

He has been directly involved in 46% of his teams goals!

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:50 AM
  #37
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Really really impressive

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 01:45 PM
  #38
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Ehlers got another 3 assists in 2 matches this weekend. Next weekend is the last two games of the first part of the season. After that the 14 team league splits into two, with the top 7 teams playing each other twice, and the bottom 7 teams doing the same. Points are carried over, and while the top 7 teams are playing to determine playoff seeding, the bottom 7 teams are playing for 8th and last playoff spot, while the last 6 teams has to play a relegation tournament.

Biel will be in the bottom half, like they were last year too. This should boost Ehlers stats, since he will be playing more games against worse teams. But it will be hard to use them for comparison since other players are playing against better teams. But we can use it to track his progression from year to year.

While eliteprospects lump the stats from the two together into one, the Swiss hockey union, luckily for us, doesn't. Their site tells us that Ehlers scored 26 points in 23 matches during the "vorrunde" last year, equal to 1.13 PPG, this year he is at 33 points in 24 matches, equal to 1.38 PPG, a very good progression.

Yes I was bored this morning, why are you asking?

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:11 PM
  #39
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Ehlers got another 3 assists in 2 matches this weekend. Next weekend is the last two games of the first part of the season. After that the 14 team league splits into two, with the top 7 teams playing each other twice, and the bottom 7 teams doing the same. Points are carried over, and while the top 7 teams are playing to determine playoff seeding, the bottom 7 teams are playing for 8th and last playoff spot, while the last 6 teams has to play a relegation tournament.

Biel will be in the bottom half, like they were last year too. This should boost Ehlers stats, since he will be playing more games against worse teams. But it will be hard to use them for comparison since other players are playing against better teams. But we can use it to track his progression from year to year.

While eliteprospects lump the stats from the two together into one, the Swiss hockey union, luckily for us, doesn't. Their site tells us that Ehlers scored 26 points in 23 matches during the "vorrunde" last year, equal to 1.13 PPG, this year he is at 33 points in 24 matches, equal to 1.38 PPG, a very good progression.

Yes I was bored this morning, why are you asking?
By all means...please be bored more often
Thanks for this info, would have taken me ages to find myself.
3 assist in 2 games....sounds like he is in a slump they way he played before that

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 02:22 PM
  #40
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Appears Ehlers has been called up to the Danish U20 WJC team after Jonas Sass got injured. In the first test match against Japan he got 1 assist, the boxscore from the second game against Japan is still not available. The final team selection is tomorrow.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  #41
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Ehlers scored a goal in the 2nd game against Japan, and has likely made a very good case for himself in these two games. If he got any assists in this game is unknown to me at this point.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
  #42
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Ehlers scored a goal in the 2nd game against Japan, and has likely made a very good case for himself in these two games. If he got any assists in this game is unknown to me at this point.
so good to have him also collecting points for the danish U20 NT.
But apparently he wasn't picked for the WC U20 team, so he will have to play U18 instead.
Source: http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
  #43
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Not surprised, he was a late call up, so he had his work cut out for him. And this year is probably one of the hardest years for a young player to make the team. The 92 generation wasn't very strong, at least not on offence, we only had 3 92 forwards on the team last year. So not a lot of spots have opened up. And the 93 generations is one of the best in years. Last year there was 14 players on the team not in their last season of eligibility, this year it's only 8. Most other years I think he would have made the team, but just not this one.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  #44
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Not surprised, he was a late call up, so he had his work cut out for him. And this year is probably one of the hardest years for a young player to make the team. The 92 generation wasn't very strong, at least not on offence, we only had 3 92 forwards on the team last year. So not a lot of spots have opened up. And the 93 generations is one of the best in years. Last year there was 14 players on the team not in their last season of eligibility, this year it's only 8. Most other years I think he would have made the team, but just not this one.
Yeah it look promising for a quick return to the elitedivision with this season U20 roster.
So Nikolaj Ehlers will have to fight for the return of the U18 team instead.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:17 PM
  #45
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
The depth of the team is really good this year, and is probably one of the best Denmark has seen in a long time. But it's a shame that Nicklas Jensen isn't playing, he would have been the best player in the tournament. But Denmark should still be one of the favourites to promote.

Back to Ehlers, he isn't wasting his time. Already back in Swtizerland he has one 1 goal after one period of this nights game. Just a mere 24 hours after his latest game.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
  #46
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
The depth of the team is really good this year, and is probably one of the best Denmark has seen in a long time. But it's a shame that Nicklas Jensen isn't playing, he would have been the best player in the tournament. But Denmark should still be one of the favourites to promote.

Back to Ehlers, he isn't wasting his time. Already back in Swtizerland he has one 1 goal after one period of this nights game. Just a mere 24 hours after his latest game.
Nope that's for certain. 19G 16A now in 25 matches and 3-4'th in points in the Swiss U20 as 16 years old....on a team that is 14'th out of 14.
It's time for WOW

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
  #47
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Ehlers ends the "vorrunde" with 37 points in 26 games. Good enough for 4th in the league. And 37 points means that he was a part of just shy of 50% of his teams 75 goals.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
  #48
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Ehlers ends the "vorrunde" with 37 points in 26 games. Good enough for 4th in the league. And 37 points means that he was a part of just shy of 50% of his teams 75 goals.
So Nikolaj Ehlers ended with 19G 18A, which is some improvement from last year.

Biel finished 14'th and last with just 24 points in 26 matches. Last year they were 10'th after the "vorrunde" with 31 points, so better production on worse team from him.

Point production Swiss U20:
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...istik_juna.php

Standing after 1'st phase ("vorrunde"):
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...=2013&month=12

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:32 PM
  #49
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
Eliteprospects has Ehlers as having played 7 matches with the Danish U20 team, and scoring 10 points. That has to be a mistake right? From what I remember he has only played 2 or 3 games.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
  #50
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Eliteprospects has Ehlers as having played 7 matches with the Danish U20 team, and scoring 10 points. That has to be a mistake right? From what I remember he has only played 2 or 3 games.
Yeah I think that sounds pretty weird as well. Maybe they have confused him with big brother Sebastian Ehlers?

I think Nikolaj Ehlers had 2 NT-matches in U20 with 1 goal and 1 assist and the rest being U18!?

Sebastian Ehlers had at this U20 division 1A 5 matches with 4 goals and 4 assists.
Maybe thats why they end up at 5G 5A??

Otherwise we have missed some tournaments....

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.