Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Owen Sound Attack 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2012, 09:29 AM
HLLYWD99

vCash: 500
The Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League anticipate they could have a deral made with a Western Conference rival this morning.

While refusing to elaborate at length, Attack General Manager Dale DeGray has been in constant communication with a West Division GM regarding the acquisition of an overage defender

DeGray believes the deal could be completed later this morning

audio interview: http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/n...p?NewsID=49993

Old
08-28-2012, 09:39 AM
GoAttackGo

OWEN SOUND - Gilbert Gabor knew enough about the Owen Sound Attack to get excited.

So while most Canadian Hockey League import draft picks are very low key about being selected, the 16-year-old Swede was tweeting right away that he was a member of the Ontario Hockey League’s Attack.

“I was watching the OHL through the Internet and I saw it was a great league,” Gabor said on Monday during a break in the Attack’s rookie camp

“I also knew a little bit about this team. I knew it was a good team and had great fans so I was excited and I’m looking forward to seeing (the fans) first hand.”

Owen Sound drafted the six-foot-three 185-pound left-winger in the first round (24th overall) in June’s CHL Import draft.

He had 19 goals and 10 assists in 21 games with the AIK under-18 elite team. He added three goals and eight assists in 15 games with the J18 Allsvenskan team.

“Canadians are known for playing tough hockey and I hope I can bring that to the team too,” said Gabor, whose parents are Slovakian but had moved to Sweden before he was born.

“I just try to bring my speed to the lineup and help the team. The coaches like it when you go to the net. Everyone has their own style but I like to play hard.”

Gabor’s got an excellent command of English, which he figures will help make for a smooth transition to the OHL.

“It will help me with my teammates and with understanding the drills and practices,” said Gabor. “It also helps me going through school. In Sweden we have good English classes so it will be good.”

Attack coach Greg Ireland said Gabor’s time in the Swedish system will only help him transition faster to the OHL.

“The Swedes are a very worldly people . . . they’re well educated and in most cases, multi-lingual,” said Ireland.

“They just seem to have a demeanor that helps them adapt and fit in very well. I think that’s why so many National Hockey League teams are having success in drafting and having Swedes on their team.”

So far Ireland has liked what he’s seen of Gabor.

“I thought he looked real good and he was one of the better guys on the ice,” said Ireland. “He’s a big strong kid with a little bit of jam in him. He’s got some talent. He’s a a powerful skater and he’s willing to go to the front of the net and fight for space.”

Gabor’s gregarious nature is sure to earn him fans, general manager Dale DeGray said.

“He’s a great kid with a great personality so he’ll be well liked,” said DeGray, noting that winger Stefano Pezzetta, centre Justin Brack, defenceman Alex Annecchiarico, and defenceman Thomas Schemitsch all impressed on the opening day of camp.

The Attack had a couple players come to camp injured as defenceman Chris MacMillan and left-winger Marco Azzano both were hurt within the last week and will be out for three weeks. They were sent home.

Because the defence was shorthanded, the Attack revamped the rookie camp by pooling all of the players together for one practice each morning and then two scrimmages.

“They (the rookies) looked good,” said Ireland. “At first they were looking around with big eyes but I thought they got into it. The pace was good and there was some speed and some physicality.”

SLAPSHOTS: D Jacob Middleton had his bell rung on a hit by centre Evan Smith on Monday afternoon and he left the ice shortly afterwards. Ireland said Middleton was not seriously injured on the play . . . G Cameron Hackett did not report to camp on Monday.

(report is Hackett is aiming for a NCAA scholarship)

Old
08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
KnightsInsider93

If true. Owen Sound has acquired an OA Defenseman they have been looking for. Name not specified, but player plays in the Western division. If true, the only players it could be are Colin MacDoanld Austin Levi, Brandon Archibald, Nathan Chiarlitti, Colin Miller, Jeff Braithwaite, Saverio Posa. As per Ryan Yessie's twitter @RyanHPscout

Old
08-29-2012, 06:37 AM
aresknights

Ill guess a Sarnia D

Old
08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Ill guess a Sarnia D
Bayshore Broadcasting:http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/n...p?NewsID=50026
The Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League could have a deal in place by late this morning to add an experienced player.

Yesterday, Attack General Manager Dale DeGray felt he had a transaction completed with a Western Conference rival, but the deal was never consumated.

This morning, DeGray again related he believed a deal could be announced later this morning.

Meanwhile, reports out of Sarnia this morning indicate the Attack & the Sting have a deal in place, but the Sarnia outlets have no confirmation of any trade being made official.

For the last two weeks, Owen Sound has been in pursuit of both an overage defender and an experienced forward. In fact, DeGray felt last week that he had both deals agreed to in principle, but as yet, nothing has been officially announced

Old
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
bidzey

I don't come here for 1 day, and look at all the news I miss

I hope whatever they do it will make the team better and a real contender, nothing on the Attack site yet. Any news on how Lindo did at the camp?

we traded in an Halmo for a Lindo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lindo.jpg‎ (36.6 KB, 13 views)

Old
08-29-2012, 01:02 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLLYWD99 View Post
For the last two weeks, Owen Sound has been in pursuit of both an overage defender and an experienced forward. In fact, DeGray felt last week that he had both deals agreed to in principle, but as yet, nothing has been officially announced
Nathan Chiarlitti‏@nchar5

Quote:
Been a blast the last 4 years in Sarnia, looking forward to starting up with the Owen Sound Attack
I'm guessing it's a done deal!

Old
08-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
I don't come here for 1 day, and look at all the news I miss

I hope whatever they do it will make the team better and a real contender, nothing on the Attack site yet. Any news on how Lindo did at the camp?

we traded in an Halmo for a Lindo
I really believe OS scored on Lindo. Good kid from a good family, hard worker, very tough. Jaden has a huge upside. I believe he will prove to be better than a few others who were drafted ahead of him.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:06 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Nathan Chiarlitti‏@nchar5
I'm guessing it's a done deal!
The Owen Sound Attack is pleased to announce they have acquired overage defenseman Nathan Chiarlitti (Shar-lit-ee) from the Sarnia Sting in exchange for a 2nd Round Pick in 2015, a 5th Round Pick in 2013 and a 10th Round Pick in 2014.
more

Old
08-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Sting Fire

Quote:
The Owen Sound Attack is pleased to announce they have acquired overage defenseman Nathan Chiarlitti (Shar-lit-ee) from the Sarnia Sting in exchange for a 2nd Round Pick in 2015, a 5th Round Pick in 2013 and a 10th Round Pick in 2014.
more
Owen Sound is getting a class Kid, one of the BEST that has ever played in Sarnia.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Pretty much figured it would be Chiarlitti. Sound got a good vet...great leader..could easily wear the C

Old
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
krauss72

First Hopey and now Chiarlitti. Are loss is definitely your gain. Two fan favourites and character lads coming your way.

Old
08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
bidzey

well I'm glad to hear you all saying how good he is, not knowing the player very much I was hoping he was really good because I find 3 draft picks for 1 guy that will be there for just 1 season a little steep price to pay. So far the Attack management team as only shown how competent they are so they must know what they're doing.

Does he belong to a NHL team? I can't find anything on google.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Radzy

Quote:
well I'm glad to hear you all saying how good he is, not knowing the player very much I was hoping he was really good because I find 3 draft picks for 1 guy that will be there for just 1 season a little steep price to pay. So far the Attack management team as only shown how competent they are so they must know what they're doing.

Does he belong to a NHL team? I can't find anything on google.
No he does not belong to any NHL teams.
Here is what I found out about the guy.

Nathan Chiarlitti

Birthyear: 1992-02-04 Birthplace: Maple, ON, CAN
Position: D Shoots: L
Height: 183 cm / 6'0" Weight: 84 kg / 185 lbs

Use/Embed statistics
Season Team League GP G A TP PIM +/- Postseas. GP G A TP PIM +/-
2008-09 Sarnia Sting OHL 53 1 0 1 10 | Playoffs 4 0 0 0 0
Canada Ontario U17 WHC-17 6 1 1 2 4 |
2009-10 Sarnia Sting OHL 67 7 14 21 59 |
Canada U18 WJC-18 6 0 0 0 0 -2 |
2010-11 Sarnia Sting OHL 65 2 17 19 59 -7 |
2011-12 Sarnia Sting OHL 60 4 11 15 52 5 | Playoffs 6 1 1 2 7 -3
2012-13 Owen Sound Attack OHL - - - - - |

GP G A TP PPG PIM +/- GP G A TP PPG PIM +/-
Regular Season Postseason
OHL: 245 14 42 56 0.23 180 -2 | 10 1 1 2 0.20 7 -3
WHC-17: 6 1 1 2 0.33 4 - |
WJC-18: 6 0 0 0 0.00 0 -2 |

Season Awards by season
2008-2009 U17 WHC Gold Medal
Awards by league
- U17 WHC Gold Medal 08/09

Date Status From To
08/29/2012 Confirmed Sarnia Sting Owen Sound Attack

- Drafted 2008, round 5 #100 overall by Sarnia Sting in the OHL Priority Selection

Old
08-30-2012, 06:04 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radzy View Post
No he does not belong to any NHL teams.
Here is what I found out about the guy.
thanks, I meant I can't find anything about him being drafted by an NHL team. I did find all this info at the Sting website. He'll probably be signed as a free agent just like Halmo did.

Old
08-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Sting Fire

How has Hopey looked in camp so far?

Old
08-30-2012, 08:22 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fire View Post
How has Hopey looked in camp so far?
I've been looking for stats and feedback too but not much to be had unless your an insider. All you get is something like this.

Old
09-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
I've been looking for stats and feedback too but not much to be had unless your an insider. All you get is something like this.
Heard Owen Sound about to sign Connor Murphy. Good for him. Hard working centreman, will certainly be a key offensive component for this team in next few years. Thought he was targeting NCAA however?

Old
09-02-2012, 08:09 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Heard Owen Sound about to sign Connor Murphy. Good for him. Hard working centreman, will certainly be a key offensive component for this team in next few years. Thought he was targeting NCAA however?
isn't he a defense for Sarnia? Connor was 1 of the few on the Sarnia team that grabbed my eye last friday when I was watching the Sarnia / London exhibiton.

Old
09-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
isn't he a defense for Sarnia? Connor was 1 of the few on the Sarnia team that grabbed my eye last friday when I was watching the Sarnia / London exhibiton.
No different murphy

Old
09-02-2012, 12:29 PM
bidzey

Quote:
No different murphy
what are the odds... I know Murphy is popular but Connor? anyways...
this says he "left camp" what ever that means.

Old
09-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
what are the odds... I know Murphy is popular but Connor? anyways...
this says he "left camp" what ever that means.
Actually just found out he was given a four year packaged but turned it down. NCAA bound

Old
09-02-2012, 03:28 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Actually just found out he was given a four year packaged but turned it down. NCAA bound
ah well... gotta wish him the best of luck

Old
09-08-2012, 05:20 PM
bidzey

have to say Owen Sound looked pretty good today, not to mention Catanacci, Brace, and Maiden weren't in the lineup. Lindo looked good, and Middleton was awesome! Not even 1 regular game in yet, and can he ever fight, he made mince meat out of his opponent in a hurry. This is year is gonna be fun

Old
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
have to say Owen Sound looked pretty good today, not to mention Catanacci, Brace, and Maiden weren't in the lineup. Lindo looked good, and Middleton was awesome! Not even 1 regular game in yet, and can he ever fight, he made mince meat out of his opponent in a hurry. This is year is gonna be fun
On the powerplay Chiarlitti really needs to keep his blasts down before he hits Lindo or Gabor in the face or anyone in front for that matter lol.

Closed Thread