HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (Part XXXIX): (1/9: Leafs fire Brian Burke as GM; Dave Nonis steps in)

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Mike Eruzione making an appearance at the Republican Convention right now. Was not expecting that lol.

Now speaking at the podium.

Old
08-31-2012, 07:58 AM
NYR Viper

Looks like Bogosian will be having wrist surgery today.

Not sure how long that would keep him out.....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=nhl-rxl-twt

Quote:
Winnipeg Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian will undergo wrist surgery Friday, the team announced Thursday afternoon.
Bogosian, 22, will have the procedure performed by Dr. Thomas Graham in Cleveland.

"Winnipeg Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian has been diagnosed with a chronic ligament tear in his right wrist,'' Jets head physician Dr. Peter MacDonald said in a statement released by the club. "During offseason training, Zach experienced discomfort and was limited in his performance.''

Old
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
3 months minimum.

Wow if he was truly playing through that most of the season and still put up that remarkable season, just imagine how he'll do when he's 100%. Tough luck for Bogo, but I have high hopes on him still to be the best American d-man in the world.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
3 months minimum.

Wow if he was truly playing through that most of the season and still put up that remarkable season, just imagine how he'll do when he's 100%. Tough luck for Bogo, but I have high hopes on him still to be the best American d-man in the world.
Yeah that's not happening.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Yeah that's not happening.
He's still very young. He had a very impressive season this past year. His draft upside was compared to that of Chris Chelios and he was neck-to-neck with Doughty in the draft rankings.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bogo had one great year, one awful year, and one alright year.

Wrist surgery isn't gonna help his progression at all.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:06 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
He's still very young. He had a very impressive season this past year. His draft upside was compared to that of Chris Chelios and he was neck-to-neck with Doughty in the draft rankings.
Oh he's certainly good and will get better.

But I see so much of Erik Johnson in him. Injury prone, but also doesn't have that "it" factor to put all of his abilities together.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Bogo had one great year, one awful year, and one alright year.

Wrist surgery isn't gonna help his progression at all.
He's been good all 3 yrs of his career. People think he regressed his sophomore year, but it was an idiot coach that decided to match him up against the best players in the league. It's not shocking to see a sophomore slump in the situation he was playing in.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Oh he's certainly good and will get better.

But I see so much of Erik Johnson in him. Injury prone, but also doesn't have that "it" factor to put all of his abilities together.
Bogosian is already better than Johnson.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
He's been good all 3 yrs of his career. People think he regressed his sophomore year, but it was an idiot coach that decided to match him up against the best players in the league. It's not shocking to see a sophomore slump in the situation he was playing in.
McDonagh had no problem

Old
08-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
McDonagh had no problem
No one could have predicted McDonagh to have a monster season like he had this past season and I was always a big fan of him. His season was truly exceptional.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
"Good" isn't good enough when you say he can be the best American d-man in the world, though. Quite honestly, I take McDonagh over Bogo and never look back.

Old
08-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
"Good" isn't good enough when you say he can be the best American d-man in the world, though. Quite honestly, I take McDonagh over Bogo and never look back.
He still can.

His offensive breakout pass is far superior to McDonagh's. His talent level is probably top 5 in NHL amongst d-men.

Old
08-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
He still can.

His offensive breakout pass is far superior to McDonagh's. His talent level is probably top 5 in NHL amongst d-men.
that's....ridiculous. that's like saying Fedor Fedorov has top 5 talent in the NHL...the kid had it all, hands, skating, power, shot. but he sucked. talent means nothing. Enver Lisin was talented as all hell...who cares?

Ryan McDonagh is *already* one of the top 10 defenseman in the nhl...if not higher.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
that's....ridiculous. that's like saying Fedor Fedorov has top 5 talent in the NHL...the kid had it all, hands, skating, power, shot. but he sucked. talent means nothing. Enver Lisin was talented as all hell...who cares?
No, this is strawman argument.

Lisn and Federov were never established NHLers, their games were not suited for NA ice, Bogosian is pretty much the exact opposite.

Quote:
Ryan McDonagh is *already* one of the top 10 defenseman in the nhl...if not higher.
I'd say McDonagh is borderline, but only based on reputation. Last yr, he was top 10 defender no doubt. I don't think he has offense to carry a blue line, but he definitely has untapped offensive potential. Ryan Suter lite.

Last edited by Kershaw: 08-31-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old
09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Anyone see NHL.com's ten greatest captains of all time list? Messier is one, but Crosby made the top ten????? Don't bother debating it on the main boards, it's the usual bash Messier-athon

Old
09-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Anyone see NHL.com's ten greatest captains of all time list? Messier is one, but Crosby made the top ten????? Don't bother debating it on the main boards, it's the usual bash Messier-athon
Apparently his last years in his career ruined his legacy, but reality is that he declined as a player and his teams were horrifically bad.

On the other hand, Steve Yzerman is the best leader of all time because he led the Dynasty Wings with Federov, Fetisov, Lidstrom, Hasek, Hull, Robitaille, Shanahan, Murphy, etc to Stanley Cups. They fail to acknowledge what a terrible leader he was early in his career. In fact, he was often on the trade block in the early/late ninety's before the team won.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:15 AM
nsvoyageurs

I know some want Yandle on the Rangers:

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...53&feedID=3352

Old
09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
I know some want Yandle on the Rangers:

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...53&feedID=3352
That ship sailed when we landed Nash. Not to mention we couldn't best an offer that was built around David Krejci (as the article speculates it would be) without seriously hurting our team.

Boston has ridiculous depth down the middle with Seguin, Bergeron, Krejci, Peverly and Kelly. They could afford to deal Krejci.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:13 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Why do I go to the main boards anymore? I'm disappointed in myself.

Ryan McDonagh for Jake Gardiner and Nazem Kadri? Sigh.

Henrik Lundqvist to the Hawks? Come on.

Non-Ranger proposal: Oilers fans think they can get Hedman without giving up one of the big four? Shake my head.

Shame on me for venturing over to the main boards.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Landeskog named captain of the Avs.

Not Duchene or Stastny...now the youngest captain in NHL history

Old
09-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Landeskog named captain of the Avs.

Not Duchene or Stastny...now the youngest captain in NHL history
I follow the Avs pretty closely and I think this is the right move for the most part. You're putting a lot Of pressure on a kid's shoulders but if there's one that can handle that kind of pressure, Landy is it. He plays a very Captain Callahan type of game except he has a greater skill set than Cally (while Cally has more intangibles, leadership and experience obviously, We don't need another Bolland and Callahan discussion between.... Achmm.) Duchene doesn't have the maturity for it at all. It's the one factor that sets Tavares way ahead of Duchene in the draft year. Dutchy has hit ruts and droughs and has had a lot of mental and psychological adjustment challenges. Statsny is the bigger name on that team but he's not the consistent producer he was in the years past. Last year, everyone fell short except Landy and ROR. The captaincy was between Landy and ROR. There's no better face of franchise than Landeskog for the Avs. Completely lovable personality as well + Swedish.

Old
09-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Weswo
Rookie User

Ok guy I'm sorry if this is the wrong place..losing sleep and maybe someone can help me or redirect me to the proper post..lol

My yahoo fantasy draft is coming up in a few weeks...I have the 5th pick overall ...10 teams 8 keepers...I have varly and price as my goalie keepers...looks like the top three guy who'll go are nail..zetterberg and Rask. I really want another goalie and have 2 x 2nd round picks ...who would you draft at my position..I need another power forward and the highest ranked power forward avail is e Kane...but I'd also like a 3 rd goalie as goalies in my league are are probably the highest value. I'm contemplating drafting kippur at 3 as I don't think hiller (workhorse can give me shots and gaa) will be avail at pick 15 or 18. So I dont know. Any advice??

Old
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Kershaw

Good for Landy. He is a phenomenal talent and I'd love him on my team. He is a player that epitomizes the sport of hockey.

Old
09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

He's an awesome player but I never expected them to decorate him with the "C" this early.