HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

A Thank You

Old
09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
do0glas

vCash: 500
A Thank You

This is basically an open post to say thanks to this particular forum.

The Rink has given me so many tips, saved me tons of money and most importantly gave me the confidence to lace up my skates and get on the ice.

Without the help of a coach or teammates when you are learning it can be daunting trying to figure it out all by yourself. I probably cut my learning time in half at least just by perusing the posts in here on how to take a wrister/snapper or what kind of stick is best for me.

So to those members who make a habit of providing useful information to those of us who don't know any better, I salute you.

Thanks!

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Trl3789

vCash: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
This is basically an open post to say thanks to this particular forum.

The Rink has given me so many tips, saved me tons of money and most importantly gave me the confidence to lace up my skates and get on the ice.

Without the help of a coach or teammates when you are learning it can be daunting trying to figure it out all by yourself. I probably cut my learning time in half at least just by perusing the posts in here on how to take a wrister/snapper or what kind of stick is best for me.

So to those members who make a habit of providing useful information to those of us who don't know any better, I salute you.

Thanks!
I'm going to echo this. Seriously, thanks a ton guys (and girls).

Trl3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:16 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

I agree. The rink rips hard.

I learn alot, not just from questions I have, but from others questions. I swear, I learn something in every thread.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Devil Dancer

It's a good forum. I learned to take a faceoff here, and I've learned a ton about equipment here.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:41 PM
AIREAYE

This board has always catered to the beginner/recreational player which is a great thing, happy to play a part.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Thanks!

That's part of the goal here...to turn casual hockey fans into hockey players

I know there are sites out there more geared toward the advanced players, but it's nice to have a place where us benders can feel comfy.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
redbranch

definitely worth a thanks. I'm a raw beginner, and finding this forum is a nice way to see what other people are experiencing, and pick up some tips

redbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
stocky

I too feel the need to say thank you. I have learned a lot in the couple months I have been a part of this board. As was said above, you helped turn me from a casual fan to being a player. Granted, not that I hve played much, but you guys gave me the courage to actually get out there and give it a shot. While I am going to have to take a few month break from playing and practicing, I fully intend on keeping up with The Rink.

Thanks!!

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Definitely. Thanks a lot to everyone who is so willing to give GREAT advice. I must have spent about 20 hours reading the "Noob Chronicles 1 & 2" as well as so many other threads. I can't wait until i actually start puckhandling and shooting and passing and all of that. But when i do, i know i'll have "The Rink" to fall back on with all of my questions.

Anyone who has every positively contributed to this thread is freakin awesome. Thanks!

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Beth's beginner thread was what really pushed me into hockey. Without it I'd probably be sitting around playing video games right now.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:43 AM
TUCKER 06

I have also learned a lot from this forum, so I think I owe a "THANK YOU!" as well. I may not be the most experienced hockey player (quit playing houseleague when I was 11 or 12 years old), but I can keep up with the rest of them now after 2 years back into the sport.

I still check in with the Rink a few times a week because I like to be able to dispense advice to people who may have a few questions I can answer or who will benefit from my experiences over the last 2 years.

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah big ups to Beth for that thread. Very cool place where new players can share experiences and help each other out.

Also, just for anyone who's newer to the forum, check out the sticky threads up top. We tried to put as much good info up there as possible.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:40 AM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Lot of good stuff in this forum. Ive played goal for 25 years, but skated out for the first time since I was 10 a few weeks ago. lol. Lots of good stuff in here for beginning players. I can take a proper slapshot now thanks to this forum...its still like 20mph, but its a slapshot. lol.

While it has good/bad side I think this lockout is gonna push a lot of us to get our hockey fix on our own...

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote