HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SM-liiga: Semir Ben-Amor cheap-shot on ex-NHL player Ville Peltonen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
  #26
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
but this one is in a league of its own
Salmi's case in the same game was in same level, minus Filppula skates away unhurt cause Salmi doesn't have Ben-Amor's muscles.

IFK fans still remember when your guys Trevor Doyle attacked 16 y.o. Jani Rita or when Toni Mäkiaho beat the crap out of Petri Varis?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
  #27
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,065
vCash: 869
Hockey play, zero games.

.... no seriously, hope he gets the hammer.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:47 AM
  #28
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,846
vCash: 500
Sounds like it was an ugly game already with a lot of prior history spilling over from past games, and the officials had lost control some time before. Lots of cheap plays on both sides.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:50 AM
  #29
FinRuutu
Red Wins
 
FinRuutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Salmi's case in the same game was in same level, minus Filppula skates away unhurt cause Salmi doesn't have Ben-Amor's muscles.

IFK fans still remember when your guys Trevor Doyle attacked 16 y.o. Jani Rita or when Toni Mäkiaho beat the crap out of Petri Varis?
Salmi's case was nothing like it, did you watch the game?

And yeah, lets bring out an event from the 90's to justify something that happened few days ago...

FinRuutu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:51 AM
  #30
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I've seen worse in the NHL playoffs. Carkner mugging Boyle. He got concussed too.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:53 AM
  #31
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
Salmi's case was nothing like it, did you watch the game?

And yeah, lets bring out an event from the 90's to justify something that happened few days ago...
So Salmi wasn't headhunting Filppula?...wake the f up...

I just brought the old stuff to reminisce of your ways...so try to stay strong when opponents bite your team.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:56 AM
  #32
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 50
the three dudes in the crowd clapping when Ben-Amor jumps on him and starts punching away.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:56 AM
  #33
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Maybe the first poster should have explained what happend before that.

IFK's Ilari Melart (7th dman) attacks Jarkko Ruutu (believe it or not he is imo Jokerit's top-3 forward) plus this dbag Melart has been trying to get Jarkko out of the game whole last season also.

Jokerit has old school assistant coach Tomek Valtonen now who doesn't eat crap like that what IFK have been throwing around the league for years... Ben-Amor shows the message after Melart's attack... though I admit he went too far there.

Here is Melart's case that started the whole show and IFK's Salmi going after Jokerit star Filppula (after Peltonen case) and that was nothing but head hunting.


Nope, no context was required. What Ben Amor did was disgusting and it doesn't matter in the slightest that the game had seen other incidents. Retaliation against a player who's back is to you and then unconscious is an act of pure cowardice and if the SM is the level of league that I believe it to be they will suspend that hack for at least half a season.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:03 AM
  #34
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,745
vCash: 500
Ben-Amor acted wrong but it happend out of a context. It was a message gone wrong. If he gets heavy suspension..fine I will not complain.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
  #35
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Ben-Amor acted wrong but it happend out of a context. It was a message gone wrong. If he gets heavy suspension..fine.
The context doesn't remove Ben Amor from his responsibilities as a player or a human being. Regardless of the context Ben Amor acted in a cowardly and dangerous manner that was way outside the scope of acceptable behavior as well as the rules. The fact that he came up and attacked a player from behind and then beat him after he was unconscious is completely unacceptable.

It is in line with what Bertuzzi did to Moore and there simply can't be any excuse for such an act of cowardice.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
  #36
FinRuutu
Red Wins
 
FinRuutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
So Salmi wasn't headhunting Filppula?...wake the f up...

I just brought the old stuff to reminisce of your ways...so try to stay strong when opponents bite your team.
Again, Salmi - Filppula was nothing alike, it's not me that needs to wake up. You want it to be so your guys actions would seem less brutal. Thats not the case.

You just brought old stuff to justify your guys actions, again flawed logic and doesn't have anything to do with the Ben-Amor - Peltonen incident, just something that you wish that would make it seem less brutal... It doesn't.

What Ben-Amor did doesn't go away with bringing up old stuff (and this time the stuff was real old) or by trying to blame others.

Props to GM Kekäläinen who has realized this and said it out loud. Great respect for the guy, but it's shame that the fans are still in denial.

FinRuutu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:14 AM
  #37
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,745
vCash: 500
WTF. Didn't I already said that Ben-Amor acted wrong?

Salmi case was similar minus Filppula skate away unhurt. Understood the word minus?

Old stuff I brought because the way IFK has played and will play in the future --> these things most likely will happen in IFK games. Some teams gets pissed off.


Last edited by Finnpin: 09-03-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
  #38
Sotty
Registered User
 
Sotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Westfalen
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Islanders will sign that guy and their fans will love it.

Sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:27 AM
  #39
goodoldhockeygame
Registered User
 
goodoldhockeygame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 162
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latex View Post
Jarkko clearly said something to Melart. Then didn't fight.

Nice to see him fight Liivik like a man though.
yesss pretty good fightz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcWpvFeu8lo

goodoldhockeygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:31 AM
  #40
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,592
vCash: 612
Calling Ben-Amor a goon is a gross exaggeration. His last full season (had 516 days between his previous game and the the one a week ago, where he scored a goal) he had 9+6, all from the 4th line in an offensively struggling Jokerit side.

That game was one of those games where there's history of bad blood, an incident from the previous encounter, things began escalating right from the start, eventually reaching a boiling point where "everything was happening". Not defending anyone's actions, these kind of games are bound to happen once in a while.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:35 AM
  #41
The Saw Is the Law
Registered User
 
The Saw Is the Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassse34 View Post
hey guys! did you see that game?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassse34 View Post
What do you think about that incident?
Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassse34 View Post
seems that there will be some police investigation......
As there should be. The Finnish Law book is valid in hockey rinks.

There were three assaults: Melart against Ruutu, Ben-Amor on Peltonen and Salmi against Filppula. Maybe also Jokela-Rita. You can't call them as "hockey fight"

I didn't know HIFK and Jokerit act like Vityaz Chekhov.

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:50 AM
  #42
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired
 
88th Precinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEC View Post
Islanders will sign that guy and their fans will love it.
Nah, not this time. We didn't have to endure 4 seasons of finishing tops or neat-tops in the league for man-games lost due to taking slew-feet, cheap shots and borderline-illegal hits from 3/4ths of our division so recently.

Regardless, Ben-Amor needs a strong reprimand for this.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:52 AM
  #43
goodoldhockeygame
Registered User
 
goodoldhockeygame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 162
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Yes



Assault



As there should be. The Finnish Law book is valid in hockey rinks.

There were three assaults: Melart against Ruutu, Ben-Amor on Peltonen and Salmi against Filppula. Maybe also Jokela-Rita. You can't call them as "hockey fight"

I didn't know HIFK and Jokerit act like Vityaz Chekhov.
yes, thats right, this actions are a shame nothing to do with hockey, if they wanne fight they should do it like normal hockeyplayer in a fair fight, no cheapshots etc. but nevertheless imo
there shouldnt be investigation by police, but hard investigation and penaltys by IIHF or from the Suomen Jääkiekkoliitto.

goodoldhockeygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:02 PM
  #44
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,778
vCash: 500
I hope Ben-amor gets hit so hard (but clean) that he runs home crying next match

I won't be able to see the season opener or in fact any game which is so annoying

Is there an online radio channel that does coverage for IFK matches?


Last edited by vsk92: 09-03-2012 at 12:27 PM.
vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:06 PM
  #45
bikesbikesbikes
Registered User
 
bikesbikesbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Disgusting actions by Ben-Amor. This kind of assault can end a career, break someone's neck, give them permanent neurological damage. If this happened off of the ice, he'd go to prison for assault.

Haven't hockey players learned a lesson from the Bertuzzi-Moore incident? Over the top retaliation is a bad idea.

bikesbikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
  #46
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Calling Ben-Amor a goon is a gross exaggeration. His last full season (had 516 days between his previous game and the the one a week ago, where he scored a goal) he had 9+6, all from the 4th line in an offensively struggling Jokerit side.

That game was one of those games where there's history of bad blood, an incident from the previous encounter, things began escalating right from the start, eventually reaching a boiling point where "everything was happening". Not defending anyone's actions, these kind of games are bound to happen once in a while.
But you are defending Ben Amors actions. It is what you have done. What he did was outside the scope o acceptable behavior and was an act of pure cowardice. It makes no difference what happened prior to his incident.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:16 PM
  #47
bebl
Registered User
 
bebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Maybe also Jokela-Rita.
Jokela is trying to help Peltonen but Rita stops him.

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
  #48
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu
Posts: 9,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Maybe the first poster should have explained what happend before that.

IFK's Ilari Melart (7th dman) attacks Jarkko Ruutu (believe it or not he is imo Jokerit's top-3 forward) plus this dbag Melart has been trying to get Jarkko out of the game whole last season also.

Jokerit has old school assistant coach Tomek Valtonen now who doesn't eat crap like that what IFK have been throwing around the league for years... Ben-Amor shows the message after Melart's attack... though I admit he went too far there.

Here is Melart's case that started the whole show and IFK's Salmi going after Jokerit star Filppula (after Peltonen case) and that was nothing but head hunting.

So, i am guessing you like Jokerit, huh?

But true, it is only fair to give the whole situation before judging. Ben-Amor is a **** head ***** still. I think he should be locked out for the season or Jokerit should have its coach banned. Stupid stuff. Got to admit it tough, HIFK guys did have something coming their way, but the way Jokerit handeled the situation was nothing more than a disgrace of hockey.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
  #49
bebl
Registered User
 
bebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Melart's attack on Ruutu that started the whole vendetta in this game
Ruutu's hit to Pakarinen day earlier started this.....

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
  #50
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu
Posts: 9,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
WTF. Didn't I already said that Ben-Amor acted wrong?

Salmi case was similar minus Filppula skate away unhurt. Understood the word minus?

Old stuff I brought because the way IFK has played and will play in the future --> these things most likely will happen in IFK games. Some teams gets pissed off.
It was nowhere near the same. Quit talking out of you ass and take the heat as a fan. You are going to get it anyways.

There is no need to bring the old stuff. That has no barring here. The incident is between Ben-Amor and Peltonen. Does not matter what happened to Jani Rita in the 90´s. You wont let a African guy beat you just cause your fathers father kept his fathers father as a slave.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.