HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The kids are alright

Old
08-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Ice-Tray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Silf makes it in.

Stone replaces Latendresse at some point.

Zibby comes in for the playoffs after a 20/20 season.
I'd rather see stone replace Dawg or Condra and earn his way up from the bottom six...

Tender will earn a new contract or walk at the end of this season... Alfie may or may not be back...

I'd like Zibby/Petersson/Hoffman etc.. in the bottom six to start, if at all possible... Learning to play D and physical while chipping in offensively as all our lines are allowed to do is good for NHL development. There is no need to throw those guys into the top line while we have guys that are better (Tender, Alfie, Regin? Turris, Spezz, Michalek, Silf?)

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
I highly doubt Prince will see any NHL duty this year. The primary call-ups will be;

F
Hoffman
Da Costa
Zibanejad
Stone

D
Boro (just as likely he makes the team)
Wiercioch
Gryba?
I don't see Gryba getting called up. There has never been any real push to get him experience.IMO I really think that Gryba was kept as trade bait. If they didn't sign him they would get nothing for him. This way they can include him in a package to try and improve the organizational needs. Wiercioch will get the call up, not because he is better, but because the team is "high" on him(second round pick). I have seen them both play and PW lacks consistency both offensively and defensively and has zero toughness. Boro and Gryba should be the first two callups but that won't happen. I would be delusional to say that Gryba is excellent. He is good in many facets of the game but I think that the sens are looking for a more offensive type dman since Boro seems to have the defensive position almost locked up. Mark my words, Gryba will be gone in a trade this year if there is a season at all.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 09:34 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Silf makes it in.

Stone replaces Latendresse at some point.

Zibby comes in for the playoffs after a 20/20 season.
I think Tender will be better than you think. I'm sure Stone will still play quite a bit on the big team.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
tony d
Ruffles in Space

I think both Zibanejad and Silfverberg make the team if there is a season.

09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
derriko

vCash: 50
Gryba I could see getting a call up. People overlooked him last year because of Boros emergence. But all Boro has over Gryba is a a better first pass and he's slightly quicker. I'm not saying Gryba is going to become a bonafide NHLer, but I definentely could see him getting a few games depending on injuries, standings, etc.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote