HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best Hockey Chirps

Old
08-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
you dont say!
Hah, I was lining a semi-pro game last weekend standing by the benches and someone did the line from the mighty ducks when Kenny Wu says "hey number err 42, you play... you... you don't play real good"

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Hah, I was lining a semi-pro game last weekend standing by the benches and someone did the line from the mighty ducks when Kenny Wu says "hey number err 42, you play... you... you don't play real good"
Here's hoping he used the cheeseburger line on the goalie, too

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Here's hoping he used the cheeseburger line on the goalie, too
I have heard it before

One of my favourite things about lining is the banter. I remember once bursting into hysterics during a U18's game because a player got chirped and his comeback was "You're gay"

Old
08-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
I have heard it before

One of my favourite things about lining is the banter. I remember once bursting into hysterics during a U18's game because a player got chirped and his comeback was "You're gay"
People in my league don't generally say much at all, but if anything comes out it's after some sort of scrum or something and is usually just a blurt like F you, blow me, you suck, you're (gay), etc. That's all ya really need unless a great opportunity presents itself.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 12:15 AM
lokomotiv15

Google me.

lokomotiv15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 12:47 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Do you chase the guy around the ice so you can finish that one?

I'm the only guy I've seen in my entire league who still plays with an aluminum stick. I'd expect someone to throw something like that at me, but I get more people complimenting it than I can remember
most chirps are from the bench, or right before faceoffs

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:10 PM
OTP Legend*

"Awwwww... Muuuufffin!" - Sends people over the top when they're ready to blow.

"Does your mom still play football?" - No one like's their mom talked about. Best used on a bigger guy. Can chuckle and call him a _____ ogre after basically any response.

" *chuckle to yourself*. Tinted visor eh/huh buddy? Those are for pimps and queers." -

"What are you gonna do about it buddy? Hit me with your murse?" - You can really get creative with murse chirps boys. This is fresh!

"Is it hard to eat without hands?"

There is absolutely no point in chirping referees since it's counter-productive. We're trying to draw penalties, not take them.

OTP Legend* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Danikjan

making eye contact, and sing overplayed songs on the radio. Works best with female singers, eg. lady gaga, kesha, ect..

Drives people nuts, or to tears(laughing). Either way, effective and gives my adhd something to do

Danikjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:23 AM
xX Hot Fuss

It's funny because "I've heard better chirps from a dead bird" is the best one in this thread

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:35 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

A couple of weeks ago my students (I teach HS) asked if I fought anyone in hockey. I gave them a puzzled look and said "who would I fight? A guy isn't going to fight me, and the girls I play with are all my friends, so why would I fight with them?"

They told me I had to have at least one hockey fight in my life, so I should just drop my gloves and say "it's ON" to someone. I told my hockey friends about it and we had a mock fight, complete with 'it's ON' - it was made very clear to me that unless you say those two words, it doesn't count for anything.

Now sometimes we end up next to each other on the face-off and one of us will give the other a look and say the magic words...no other chirp necessary.

Maybe once my league games start this Monday where I'm playing against people I don't know and am not friends with, I'll get a chance to hear some better chirps. But since I'm still a beginner, I tend to keep my mouth shut. It's no fun to chirp someone when they'll probably be able to get the puck away from you without even trying.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:42 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Personal chirps are the best.

Last night, I was minding my own buisness after the other team's goalie made a save, and I got cross-checked in the back. So I turn around to slash whoever hit me, and it was a girl. So I hold back the slash, and put the stick down and she says "What? are you going to hit me?" and I came back with "Sorry, I don't hit ugly chicks, and hit the showers. The whole ice smells like fish"

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Canadian91

Unfortunately, my league (midget competitive) is full of idiots and the most creative chirps are something like "**** you, you ****ing *****"

A good one that I heard while reffing was "How can you eat without hands?"

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Man Bear Pig

My chirps are nothing special but I'm certainly an agitator, less with words and more with actions. Before a game my team will identify the other teams best player and I go from there. If we line up on the draw I'll ask "will you waive me good-bye? I'm gonna miss you". They always ask what the hell you're talking about. So allow a period to go bye, next time you see them on the ice at the right time give them a little poke of the stick into the back of their knee. Not too hard, just enough to annoy. If that doesn't work then next time they skate bye stick a shoulder out when they don't have the puck. You'll get a reaction with either, believe me. He'll get pissed, maybe try and fight you but he'll definitely shove you. Just smile. Keep smiling...annnnnddd he just got a stupid penalty. This is your que to waive. They never waive back. He'll go to the box in shame because he realized how stupid he now looks. Don't get me wrong, I do fight sometimes but I am a skilled player who enjoys getting under people's skin. I'm a guy who has a really dumb smile on my face when the other guy is pissed...which makes it even worse.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
My chirps are nothing special but I'm certainly an agitator, less with words and more with actions. Before a game my team will identify the other teams best player and I go from there. If we line up on the draw I'll ask "will you waive me good-bye? I'm gonna miss you". They always ask what the hell you're talking about. So allow a period to go bye, next time you see them on the ice at the right time give them a little poke of the stick into the back of their knee. Not too hard, just enough to annoy. If that doesn't work then next time they skate bye stick a shoulder out when they don't have the puck. You'll get a reaction with either, believe me. He'll get pissed, maybe try and fight you but he'll definitely shove you. Just smile. Keep smiling...annnnnddd he just got a stupid penalty. This is your que to waive. They never waive back. He'll go to the box in shame because he realized how stupid he now looks. Don't get me wrong, I do fight sometimes but I am a skilled player who enjoys getting under people's skin. I'm a guy who has a really dumb smile on my face when the other guy is pissed...which makes it even worse.
There's a differance between chirping, and being a dick.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:27 PM
mbhhofr

I was refereeing a Senior game. It was the 3rd period and the home team was up by four goals. There was one visiting player, who had been sitting on the bench for the whole game, up till then, who finally got on the ice for what was his one and only shift. The play ended and before the guy left the ice, he skated up to me and said that I was the sh**iest ref he ever saw. Just as he turned around to skate off, my reply was, "You're no sh** hot hockey player yourself." I was able to see the back of his neck turn red as he skated away.

mbhhofr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhhofr View Post
I was refereeing a Senior game. It was the 3rd period and the home team was up by four goals. There was one visiting player, who had been sitting on the bench for the whole game, up till then, who finally got on the ice for what was his one and only shift. The play ended and before the guy left the ice, he skated up to me and said that I was the sh**iest ref he ever saw. Just as he turned around to skate off, my reply was, "You're no sh** hot hockey player yourself." I was able to see the back of his neck turn red as he skated away.
Hah. I once got told when reffing "you've obviously never played the game" which was awkward because I actually play a higher level than the league I was reffing so I told him that and didn't hear from him the rest of the game.

Usually I try to avoid saying what you said though, its a little unprofessional

Old
09-03-2012, 08:27 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Wow you are the coolest guy ever.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
stocky

Quote:
Im sure people love playing with you.

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
I REALLLLLY hope you're not talking about beer league with this post... I hope you're doing this in at least a somewhat meaningful league.

If you're doing this in beer league then you're just one of those "Game 7 of the Stanley Cup" guys who we laugh at all game.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
There's a differance between chirping, and being a dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Wow you are the coolest guy ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocky View Post
Im sure people love playing with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
I REALLLLLY hope you're not talking about beer league with this post... I hope you're doing this in at least a somewhat meaningful league.

If you're doing this in beer league then you're just one of those "Game 7 of the Stanley Cup" guys who we laugh at all game.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Missionhockey

Not really a chirp but in one of my beer leagues there was a guy on the other team that was running around cheap shotting people. Its obviously a non-hitting league, so when of my teammates called the ref over and said "Hey keep an eye on number 9 because if he keeps it up he's gonna get laid out." The ref nodded and two seconds later the guy on the other team got a penalty.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
I've been playing since I was 4 and have been reffing for almost 15 years since I was a kid too so I've heard it all. When you're reffing beer leagues it's different than kids game, with the beer leagues sometimes you have to give a little shot back to make them feel dumb enough to stop talking crap.

My favorite is reffing some terrible "C" beer league when someone will say something like "Ref, You're terrible" or "You suck" or whatever generic line they think of. I always respond with the same line, "I ref like you play".

Then you have the clown that says "Ref, are you blind?" to which I respond "says the guy who hasnt hit the net all night".

Sometimes you get the guy that will say "ref, are we watchiing the same game here?" and you can come back with, "I dont know, is the game you're watching slow and boring?"

Sometimes you have to lighten things up, those guys will be on your ass all night if you dont fire back every now and then.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:11 PM
HockeyGuy56

"I've seen better hands on a snake"

"I've seen train tracks with better crossover's then you"

For a Goalie....."You let more rubber between your legs then a five dollar hooker"
For a Goalie....." I've seen coupons save more then you"

"I've seen more ice in my drink than you have all year "

"You probably get scratched more then a lottery ticket"

Never say anything to a ref, he will just laugh and send you to the box, not worth it.

HockeyGuy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
Unfortunately, my league (midget competitive) is full of idiots and the most creative chirps are something like "**** you, you ****ing *****"

A good one that I heard while reffing was "How can you eat without hands?"
Does Tom Sestito play in your league?

"You get scratched more than a lottery ticket"

"How tall are you?" ______ "I didn't know they piled dust that high"

"I've seen better hands on a digital clock"

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

In our league semi-finals last month the goalie for the opposing team had a big mouth. He was chirping the ref non-stop. Personal chirps - the ref was short and the G kept making comments about his height, Napoleonic complex, etc.

The ref ignored it. We were on the face-off right in front of the G. Ref held the puck, asked G if he was done. G kept talking. Ref told him one more peep and he'd earn a bench minor for his team. G said something stupid (but not a chirp against the ref) and ref told him 'it's not my fault you can't stop anything from going in your net.' And that pretty much shut him up. We won 9-2.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote