Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SM-liiga: Semir Ben-Amor cheap-shot on ex-NHL player Ville Peltonen

Old
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Latex*
DM is good

vCash: 500
Ben-Amor is a disgusting *****.

Used to think that if one Jokerit player would fight honest and 1v1, it would be him.

Not anymore.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:29 PM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
see guys this is why we can't have nice things.. fighting is a part of hockey but that was NOT a hockey fight, that was cowardly and a blatant attempt to injure.. sometimes games get intense and there's nothing wrong with two willing participants going toe to toe and fighting it out.. but because of **** like this the SM-liiga is probably gunna start suspending people for even looking at each other mean

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
It was nowhere near the same. Quit talking out of you ass and take the heat as a fan. You are going to get it anyways.

There is no need to bring the old stuff. That has no barring here. The incident is between Ben-Amor and Peltonen. Does not matter what happened to Jani Rita in the 90s. You wont let a African guy beat you just cause your fathers father kept his fathers father as a slave.
Wow smart one.

and I'm not surprised at all that you don't get it why I brought the old and current IFK's gamestyle to the table: When "you live by the sword you die by the sword " get it?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I miss Ruutu

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:37 PM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Wow smart one.

and I'm not surprised at all that you don't get it why I brought the old and current IFK's gamestyle to the table: When "you live by the sword you die by the sword " get it?
So you are saying it was a retaliation on something HIFK players did? What exactly did the team do, that justified Ben-Amor's actions?

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:52 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I miss Ruutu
I miss the old Ruutu too.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:27 PM
ORYX

Yea thats a pretty dirty attack. Its one thing to jump someone who is un-willing to fight, (as was the Malert example) and another to body check someone who is skating backwards from the blind side, and then wail on them.

Both are pathetic to be honest, neither act is commendable.

Just as pathetic are the posters 'defending' the action because it was retaliatory, or part of an escalation.

If you want to get back at someone for something, try calling them out and confronting them, not using other players and cheap shoting someone who wasnt involved.

Love the crowds reaction in both, they seem to have no clue that someone just goon'd it up, and are clapping?

When players from my team act like that I sit and face palm while shaking my head in disappointment, not jump up cheering.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebl View Post
Ruutu's hit to Pakarinen day earlier started this.....
There would have been 100x more fights last season if every hit like that had been avenged. No one gave two ****s about it on Friday. Besides, if someone like Filppula had done the hit, would you think Melart had gone after him? Melart has his personal crusade against Ruutu, the hit from friday just gave him an excuse to start a fight. Ruutu wisely chose not to fight in the opening minutes, as he's actually a good player, which can't be said from Melart.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
But you are defending Ben Amors actions. It is what you have done. What he did was outside the scope o acceptable behavior and was an act of pure cowardice. It makes no difference what happened prior to his incident.
No I'm not, just saying what caused it.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:04 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I've seen worse in the NHL playoffs. Carkner mugging Boyle. He got concussed too.
There has been worse in NHL history but how was Carkner on Boyle worse? Boyle was concussed which is bad enough, but Peltonen was beat unconcious and then took additional punches. Boyle was up after 10 seconds. The Carkner cheapshot was also after a hit, while this was from behind with the puck miles away.

This cheapshot is in Raffi Torres territory imo.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:06 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
That's not really a cause. There are plenty of these games that boil over and fights happen and whatnot, they happen all the time. Attacks like these don't happen very often. But this one was out of the ordinary and completely unacceptable.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

There shouldn't be second opinion on whether this is a punishable offence or not. It is. The question is more like WHO should do the punishing and how.

Because isn't there already the necessary pointers in the game rules that clearly prohibit these kind of violations? So it's the league and its officials that should do the punishing. Hand Ben-Amor a lengthy suspension and Jokerit a fine which they'll suspend from the offending players' pay.

While I can understand the reasoning of involving the police based on assault as it stands in the criminal law, it does feel a bit of an overkill. What the case does definitely NOT need however are two-bit politicians grandstanding on the issue.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:21 PM
RKC

It's been hilarious few days following the hypocrite HIFK fans crying about this incident. The "brand hockey" got a taste of their own medicine

Maybe you should ask the Department of Justice to send a letter to Hjallis about this. They seem to have some spare time in their hands there.

RKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
And in "saying what caused it" you are making an excuse for his actions. What "caused it" was that Ben Amor went crazy and lost control of his actions and ability to discern right from wrong by instigating a disgusting act of cowardice that was way outside the scope of acceptable behavior.

He is a coward who should never be allowed to lace em up in any league anywhere. His actions weren't justified in any way. Following the same logic I should be allowed to determine for myself and F whatever society says when determining how severely someone who I believe has wronged ANYONE that I am close to should be punished.

Oh well, that guy was rude to the receptionist at my company so I am going to go out and beat his butt. Hey, someone who you work with was in an accident with one of my neighbors that I like so I am going to sneak up from behind you and beat you unconscious and then keep beating you until someone steps in because after all, the people you know or work with did something wrong to someone I know or work with.

This is total B.S. and childish behavior and there isn't any room for it in any league.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
It's been hilarious few days following the hypocrite HIFK fans crying about this incident. The "brand hockey" got a taste of their own medicine
Wut? Own medicine? Cheap shots?

How enlighted.

You got a laugh from this? The hell is wrong with you?

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:44 PM
jonlin

I hope that a few players from both teams get suspended for a LONG time! HIFK always try to goon it up and are proud of it - its like the Vityaz in Finalnd. "Welcome to Helsinki Tuukka"...
Now Jokerit did the same... Both teams ice players that have no business in hockey. The trainers should also get suspensions because its pretty clear theese acts were staged! Hopefully the league will give the teams a hefty fine too.

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:49 PM
ponder

Brutal cheapshot, looks like he's going in for a flying spear/slash from behind on the initial "hit," the beats the **** out of him when he's defenceless. Anything less than 20 games would be a joke of a suspension, and I'd have nothing wrong with him being suspended for a full season.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:58 PM
jonlin

From the same game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDFTC...layer_embedded

Hifk gooning it up in the same game. I actually hate both teams and I`m disqusted with Ben-Amors actions. I am also sick and tired of Hifk gooning it up every season. They have a good amount of players that are on the team for other reasons than hockey. U dont got to be a rocketscientist to tell that someone will retaliate. Peltonen was the target because he is the captain of the goon--team...

Old
09-03-2012, 04:00 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

That is disturbing on every level

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post

Hifk gooning it up in the same game. I actually hate both teams and I`m disqusted with Ben-Amors actions. I am also sick and tired of Hifk gooning it up every season. They have a good amount of players that are on the team for other reasons than hockey. U dont got to be a rocketscientist to tell that someone will retaliate. Peltonen was the target because he is the captain of the goon--team...
But retaliation or fear of it will only ever encourage more and greater acts of violence and are ridiculous sentiments to boot.

The truth here is that the game of hockey does allow for fighting though it is against the rules so that when a team "goons it up" they will have to face their opponents ability to do the same thing.

That isn't the point of this whole thread though. The point here isn't that Ben Amor retaliated but it is the cowardly and brutal manner that he did. His actions removed all regard for the life/well being/safety of another player who regardless of their own actions did nothing to instigate.

Their simply isn't any allowable reason under the sun for what Ben Amor did (not that you are saying there is) as it is that far outside the scope of normal or acceptable behavior.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:

Calm down. There is no "goon teams" in FEL.

tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 04:13 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post

Maybe you should ask the Department of Justice to send a letter to Hjallis about this. They seem to have some spare time in their hands there.
Quote:
I hope that a few players from both teams get suspended for a LONG time! HIFK always try to goon it up and are proud of it - its like the Vityaz in Finalnd. "Welcome to Helsinki Tuukka"...
Now Jokerit did the same... Both teams ice players that have no business in hockey. The trainers should also get suspensions because its pretty clear theese acts were staged! Hopefully the league will give the teams a hefty fine too.
Quote:

Thats just retarded.

Calling HIFK the Vityaz of Finland is downright ignorant. HIFK's style of play is harder than most but gooning, c'mon.

There is absolutely nothing that justifies Ben-Amors acts and it's insulting that you guys even try to defend a player that has just hospitalized my teams captain. I wouldn't defend Melart (for example) if he wen't postal like that, blindsiding and punching a guy who is already out.

I don't mind if a team retaliates if it's in the norms of hockey, Ruutu fighting Liivik was OK because both knew what they were doing. Semir Ben-Amor was the one of two Jokerit players who I liked before this incident but that is clearly now gone.

Even if you don't like something, HIFK in this case, you still can judge things as they are.

Old
09-03-2012, 04:22 PM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
Thats just retarded.

Calling HIFK the Vityaz of Finland is downright ignorant. HIFK's style of play is harder than most but gooning, c'mon.

There is absolutely nothing that justifies Ben-Amors acts and it's insulting that you guys even try to defend a player that has just hospitalized my teams captain. I wouldn't defend Melart (for example) if he wen't postal like that, blindsiding and punching a guy who is already out.

I don't mind if a team retaliates if it's in the norms of hockey, Ruutu fighting Liivik was OK because both knew what they were doing. Semir Ben-Amor was the one of two Jokerit players who I liked before this incident but that is clearly now gone.

Even if you don't like something, HIFK in this case, you still can judge things as they are.
HIFK-fan I suppose....

I didn`t defend Ben-Amor. I think he should be banned from hockey. So should your own "golden-boy", fan-favorite Ilari Melart. He actually did jump Ruutu from behind and hit him multiple times in the head without Ruutu hitting back! Salmi from Hifk attacked Jokerits Ilari Filppula(Who never fights) and hit him in the head against the ice until another jokerit player cane to rescue. Jokela attacked Rita - another skillplayer from jokerit...

I hate Jokerit more than Hifk, but in this case they are both to blame. The thing just is - HIFK has a history of gooning it up and they seem to continue it.

Old
09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
NYI365
Let's Go Islanders!

Does anybody else feel that this game was played on a giant nascar fire suit??? Seriously where is the ice?? All i see is advertisements. Smh

NYI365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 04:27 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
HIFK-fan I suppose....

I didn`t defend Ben-Amor. I think he should be banned from hockey. So should your own "golden-boy", fan-favorite Ilari Melart. He actually did jump Ruutu from behind and hit him multiple times in the head without Ruutu hitting back! Salmi from Hifk attacked Jokerits Ilari Filppula(Who never fights) and hit him in the head against the ice until another jokerit player cane to rescue. Jokela attacked Rita - another skillplayer from jokerit...

I hate Jokerit more than Hifk, but in this case they are both to blame. The thing just is - HIFK has a history of gooning it up and they seem to continue it.
Shows that you don't read what others post, great way to participate. I clearly stated that I'm a HIFK fan but why would I bother to answer you if you don't even read what I write.