Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

2012-2013 Maritimes Division

Old
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I think you're a little high on both Barveshev and Jaskin as you see him as productive immediately as Hrivik at his peak.
Your total D including Gormley with 10 scored 28 goals last season and you are predicting 48 this season....quite the jump.
A lot of Moncton fans on different boards did not even predict Penny playing on the 2nd line and yet you predict him 23 goals....quite a stretch from 11 last season.

Wasn't Stephens cut?
Johnston scored 2 goals in 38 games last season....11 really?
And will Saulnier jump from 30 to 40 goals?

A lot of criticism has been put on my predictions about the Titan but some predictions in here are much more frivolous.
Stephens wasn't cut. Johnston scored 2 goals playing 3rd and 4th line duties on a team that finished last in scoring. He also started playing on a weaker team after Christmas. 11 goals for him as a prediction is not out of the question. If you consider Saulnier's goals per game , I'm only predicting he score 4 more goals than what he was on pace for last season...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:11 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Stephens wasn't cut. Johnston scored 2 goals playing 3rd and 4th line duties on a team that finished last in scoring. He also started playing on a weaker team after Christmas. 11 goals for him as a prediction is not out of the question. If you consider Saulnier's goals per game , I'm only predicting he score 4 more goals than what he was on pace for last season...
So Stephens is a rookie who did not play last season and you see 8 goals for him....it could very well 0-4 like a lot of rookies.
Johnston is a stretch as quite a few do not see him anywhere but 4th liner.

Your Euros will miss 3-4 weeks of hockey for intenational competitions and you see them above 30 goals in their first season....give them a break please when we all know what kind of defensive game Flynn is proposing to his players.

And your D you can cut at least 10-15 goals there as Gormley scored 10 of 28 goals lastseason in about 26 games.

Your team will not have a good scoring 3rd line as your offensive depth is limited.
I expect the Wildcats to trade for 1 or 2 forwards at the deadline.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Jaskin has 2 seasons of pro hockey under his belt, the only adjustment he needs to make is how easy it will be for him...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Jaskin has 2 seasons of pro hockey under his belt, the only adjustment he needs to make is how easy it will be for him...
Give him a gold medal and hoist him on the top step right away.

Old
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
So Stephens is a rookie who did not play last season and you see 8 goals for him....it could very well 0-4 like a lot of rookies.

Your Euros will miss 3-4 weeks of hockey for intenational competitions and you see them above 30 goals in their first season....give them a break please when we all know what kind of defensive game Flynn is proposing to his players.

And your D you can cut at least 10-15 goals there as Gormley scored 10 of 28 goals lastseason in about 26 games.

Your team will not have a good scoring 3rd line as your offensive depth is limited.
When making predictions , I'm basing it on 68 games. I'm not guessing injuries or wether or not they'll play for their respective countries. Stephens is a 19 year old rookie who played already in the Western Hockey League. 8 goals is not an unreasonable prediction , especially when you predict you're 4th line racking up 70 points

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 09-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old
09-03-2012, 02:29 PM
chsb

Quote:
When making predictions , I'm basing it on 68 games. I'm not guessing injuries or wether or not they'll play for their respective countries. Stephens is a 19 year old rookie who played already in the Western Hockey League. 8 goals is not an unreasonable prediction , especially when you predict you're 4th line racking up 70 points
What it does indicate is that you are not doing any better job at prediciting than I am

Old
09-03-2012, 04:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

So would that be rookies like Gallant , Maroix and Lyle ? Cause on the "Titan" thread you have each of them scoring 10 goals as well as sophmores Cochrane and Salvail

Old
09-03-2012, 06:22 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Says the guy who has Zdrahal as a guaranteed top 6 player with 25 goals. Jaskin is one of the best euros in the league. Jaskin > Zdrahal ainec. Don't be so jealous.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Says the guy who has Zdrahal as a guaranteed top 6 player with 25 goals. Jaskin is one of the best euros in the league. Jaskin > Zdrahal ainec. Don't be so jealous.
On top of that he has playmaker Bissonette scoring 45 goals and Banville with 20.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:49 PM
chsb

Quote:
So would that be rookies like Gallant , Maroix and Lyle ? Cause on the "Titan" thread you have each of them scoring 10 goals as well as sophmores Cochrane and Salvail
Well you just did the same after 3 weeks of camp....just to say.\
My predictions were from last summer after seeing camp.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
chsb

Quote:
On top of that he has playmaker Bissonette scoring 45 goals and Banville with 20.
Bissonnette a playmaker?
A playmaker who scored 37 goals the year before on the Titan team and is looking in top shape for this season....bring me that in a hurry any day of the week!

Banville playing with Hynes and Lalancette will indeed score 20 goals, or at least has that potentiel without a grain of 2nd thought.

By the way you are now referring to my last set of predictions after the first part of the camp and they are more accurate.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Well you just did the same after 3 weeks of camp....just to say.\
My predictions were from last summer after seeing camp.
There from a month ago and you're contracdicting yourself.. I said a 19 year old would score 8 goals and you say its crazy because he's a rookie yet you predict your 16 and 17 year olds to each score 10 goals..

Old
09-03-2012, 06:55 PM
chsb

Quote:
The difference is that I don't believe Zdrahal wil be called up to play for his country this December.
I have no problem with Jaskin being a good player either.

But definitely Zdrahal has that potential playing with O'Brien and Bissonnette.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:56 PM
chsb

Quote:
There from a month ago and you're contracdicting yourself.. I said a 19 year old would score 8 goals and you say its crazy because he's a rookie yet you predict your 16 and 17 year olds to each score 10 goals..
1 month ago was before camp, wasn't it?

I recommend that you review your own predictions before getting on your high horse about mine.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:07 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
1 month ago was before camp, wasn't it?

I recommend that you review your own predictions before getting on your high horse about mine.
For example , what predictions? You say rookies generally score 0-4 goals. Yet you predict Gallant (16) , Marois(17) , Lyle (17) all rookies to score 10 goals each. Wouldn't you say that statement , in which you made, is contradictory ? I predicted David Stephens (19) to score 8 goals and you say I'm riding a high horse

Old
09-03-2012, 08:52 PM
chsb

Quote:
For example , what predictions? You say rookies generally score 0-4 goals. Yet you predict Gallant (16) , Marois(17) , Lyle (17) all rookies to score 10 goals each. Wouldn't you say that statement , in which you made, is contradictory ? I predicted David Stephens (19) to score 8 goals and you say I'm riding a high horse

How could I know one month ago that Gallant would hardly play for September and October, that Cochrane would be traded , that Kabambi would be released?

Right now YOU KNOW who will play for your team and in which capacity they will and the same goes for me.

Yes you are riding a high horse with quite a few of your predictions.
You still forexample did not explain to me how you can expect 48 goals scored by your defense with Gormley gone.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:57 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
You still forexample did not explain to me how you can expect 48 goals scored by your defense with Gormley gone.
Yes he did...

Melindy 68 14 29 43
Downe 68 6 23 29
Emond 68 8 16 24
Roussy 68 9 14 23
Racine 68 5 18 23

That's how he thinks they'll score 48. It's up to you to explain why they won't.... And don't use the word Gormley in your next post

And I don't know how you can criticize him for saying Stephens will score 8

Old
09-03-2012, 10:22 PM
chsb

Quote:
Yes he did...

Melindy 68 14 29 43
Downe 68 6 23 29
Emond 68 8 16 24
Roussy 68 9 14 23
Racine 68 5 18 23

That's how he thinks they'll score 48. It's up to you to explain why they won't.... And don't use the word Gormley in your next post

And I don't know how you can criticize him for saying Stephens will score 8
How about telling you that only two teams scored 48 goals from their D last season, Quebec(Lefebvre/Tam/Werthner/Barnard) and Rimouski(28 by Gauthier-Leduc).

So here is my explanation why that defense will not score even 40....because they got nobody that offensively gifted for these numbers in their D.

And I don't care if it makes sense to you as I am sure it will make sense to the common sense of most readers.

Old
09-03-2012, 10:52 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
How about telling you that only two teams scored 48 goals from their D last season, Quebec(Lefebvre/Tam/Werthner/Barnard) and Rimouski(28 by Gauthier-Leduc).

So here is my explanation why that defense will not score even 40....because they got nobody that offensively gifted for these numbers in their D.

And I don't care if it makes sense to you as I am sure it will make sense to the common sense of most readers.
I don't think they hit 48 next year either, maybe not even 40, I'm just saying to back up what you're saying instead of just spewing out "they won't get 48 goals"

Old
09-04-2012, 05:56 AM
chsb

Quote:
I don't think they hit 48 next year either, maybe not even 40, I'm just saying to back up what you're saying instead of just spewing out "they won't get 48 goals"
Well there you go....you got it!

And, by the way, you just admitted that his figures according to you could be screwed regarding the projections for Defensemen.

You asked me yo back up where he was wrong and you just admitted that you also believe he might be wrong on these figures.
Next time don't come on here schooling me to back up my statements when you already agree with it.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:58 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Well there you go....you got it!

And, by the way, you just admitted that his figures according to you could be screwed regarding the projections for Defensemen.

You asked me yo back up where he was wrong and you just admitted that you also believe he might be wrong on these figures.
Next time don't come on here schooling me to back up my statements when you already agree with it.
It's not him that wants back up statements , it's me. What does it matter when you made predictions on Gallant. Its dosn't matter when you made them , you always knew he was going to be a 16 year old rookie.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:23 AM
chsb

Quote:
It's not him that wants back up statements , it's me. What does it matter when you made predictions on Gallant. Its dosn't matter when you made them , you always knew he was going to be a 16 year old rookie.
Early August predictions are to put the table for future camp discussions....it is NOT the final say on the season to come, it never is and never was.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:37 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Early August predictions are to put the table for future camp discussions....it is NOT the final say on the season to come, it never is and never was.
Did you still know he was going to be a 16 year old rookie in early August ??

Old
09-04-2012, 01:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
You can win a gold in the Q ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 07:37 AM
chsb

Quote:
I am really disppointed with your reading skills!

Go back to the Titan topic and you will read the following:
"Carl Marois/Alex Gallant: 10 goals and 15 assists combined for 25 points (on 4th line)."

"Combined" is the key word here....that puts them at 5 goals/7-8 assists each for the whole season.....