HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 05:28 PM
bigdirty

vCash: 500
What's everyones opinion here on Ryan Falkenham?

He was one player I really liked last year, especially being the youngest guy on the team. Always seemed like he could become a really solid two-way guy, and I noticed he is now listed at 5'10, 185lbs, so it's nice to know he's still growing.

Can't say I've seen him enough to make any future predictions on him, as far as junior and pro potential go.
Anyone have an idea what to expect going forward?

Old
08-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post

He was one player I really liked last year, especially being the youngest guy on the team. Always seemed like he could become a really solid two-way guy, and I noticed he is now listed at 5'10, 185lbs, so it's nice to know he's still growing.

Can't say I've seen him enough to make any future predictions on him, as far as junior and pro potential go.
I liked him a lot as a 16 year old, especially coming on at the end of the season. I think we can expect him to play a solid third line role this season and then work his way into the top six the following season as a two-way forward.

I believe he can't be drafted until 2014 so he still has loads of room to improve and grow. Playing on a strong team such as Halifax this season will be good motivation to keep him working and playing hard to keep his ice time.

He would also be able to gain more exposure from scouts as well with MacKinnon, Fucale, and Drouin drawing in a large crowd.

I have high hopes for him and really hopes he does well. He is kind of the 'forgotten' 16 year old on the team from last season but he isn't a slouch either. It's hard to say what his pro potential will be like, I hope he will get drafted.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

Just like Drouin was overshadowed by Fucale and Nate, Falkenham was realllllllly overshadowed by the other three 16yos lol. What he did as a 16yo and the youngest member of the (League?) was pretty fantastic. During the latter stages of the season he was a first unit PKer, and was one of the hardest workers. Look for him to take on a big role of the bottom 6 this seaosn.

Old
08-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

I'm selling a Mooseheads jersey on ebay, if anybody's interested.

Halifax Mooseheads white jersey, size XXL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120975253397...#ht_500wt_1413

Old
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I believe he can't be drafted until 2014 so he still has loads of room to improve and grow. Playing on a strong team such as Halifax this season will be good motivation to keep him working and playing hard to keep his ice time.

He would also be able to gain more exposure from scouts as well with MacKinnon, Fucale, and Drouin drawing in a large crowd.
This is what I was thinking is well. He's in his second full year with the team, after make a good impact in last year's playoffs, and there's going to be plenty of NHL scouts at pretty much every game this season. Not many players get that kind of exposure when they're still two years away from being drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Just like Drouin was overshadowed by Fucale and Nate, Falkenham was realllllllly overshadowed by the other three 16yos lol. What he did as a 16yo and the youngest member of the (League?) was pretty fantastic. During the latter stages of the season he was a first unit PKer, and was one of the hardest workers. Look for him to take on a big role of the bottom 6 this seaosn.
How did he look on the PK, as far as being a physical match for larger players? I know he's bulked up some this off-season, but he's never going to be all that big of a guy, so he's going to need some serious core strength to make the next jump.

Also, am I remembering incorrectly, or did Falkenham play over a healthy Andrew Ryan in the playoffs?

Old
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What will the lines look like ?

Old
08-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Reesor01

My best guess:

Drouin - MacKinnon - Fournier
Ciampini - Boudreau - Frk
Ryan - Andrews - Ashley
Alcalde - Lindsay - Falkenham
Beauchemin

Defense is anyone's guess. Abeltshauser and Gillard have played well together in the passed. Although it'd be nice to spread the 20yo vets out. But I have a feeling they'll be together

Abeltshauser - Gillard
Duke - Weegar
Lewis - Hardie
Gazzola
Lovell

I'm not sure how you keep both Gazzola and Lovell out of the lineup. There's talk of going with 11 forwards and 7 Dmen to partially solve that problem. The next 4 exhibition games will be interesting to see if any of Gazzola or Lovell knock out any of our top 6. Gonna be tough for them to do so I think.

Fucale

Terenzio
Clarke

Sounds like we're going with 3 goalies for the time being. Not sure how I like that move, as either Clarke or Terenzio would be put on waivers if they were cut, and would have the opportunity to play elsewhere. Instead they're stuck behind a 17yo Goalie that played 58 games in the regular season last year.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:33 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
This is what I was thinking is well. He's in his second full year with the team, after make a good impact in last year's playoffs, and there's going to be plenty of NHL scouts at pretty much every game this season. Not many players get that kind of exposure when they're still two years away from being drafted.

How did he look on the PK, as far as being a physical match for larger players? I know he's bulked up some this off-season, but he's never going to be all that big of a guy, so he's going to need some serious core strength to make the next jump.

Also, am I remembering incorrectly, or did Falkenham play over a healthy Andrew Ryan in the playoffs?
For one or two games yes, he did.

Physically, he didn't look out of place. He was always ready for hits, and never shied away from a hit. Pretty impressive for a guy who played the first three months of his junior career as a 15yo. 10 garbage time points too

Gonna be an important player this year I think down the stretch as he goes way under the radar wih the three stars ahead of him.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:37 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post

Abeltshauser - Gillard
Duke - Weegar
Lewis - Hardie
Gazzola
Lovell

I'm not sure how you keep both Gazzola and Lovell out of the lineup. There's talk of going with 11 forwards and 7 Dmen to partially solve that problem. The next 4 exhibition games will be interesting to see if any of Gazzola or Lovell knock out any of our top 6. Gonna be tough for them to do so I think.
People talk about how bad our D is, which I know, it has relatively no big names other than KA. But to have Lewis - Hardie as our last pair shows us the depth we have, and would be the best 3rd pair in the league. But I expect Lewis to get top 2/3 minutes because he can log those.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Are Lovell and Alcade locks ?

Isn't Terenzio an OA ?

Old
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

Isn't Terenzio an OA ?
Yes, yes, no

Old
08-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Revo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
People talk about how bad our D is, which I know, it has relatively no big names other than KA. But to have Lewis - Hardie as our last pair shows us the depth we have, and would be the best 3rd pair in the league. But I expect Lewis to get top 2/3 minutes because he can log those.
Possibly, but not a cold hard fact as far as I'm concerned.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:53 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
Possibly, but not a cold hard fact as far as I'm concerned.
Well I don't expect that to be the 3rd pairing, but I was just taking a quick glance around the leagues depth charts...

Old
09-01-2012, 09:00 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

Isn't Terenzio an OA ?
Dam, was hoping that wasn't the case..

Old
09-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Dam, was hoping that wasn't the case..
You were hoping he was, or was not an overager? He's 19. It's unfortunate he missed a full year, but good fortune for Fucale who got to show what he was made of.

Old
09-01-2012, 09:10 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
You were hoping he was, or was not an overager? He's 19. It's unfortunate he missed a full year, but good fortune for Fucale who got to show what he was made of.
Not Terenzio... I meant Alcade and Lovell being locks..

Old
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Not Terenzio... I meant Alcade and Lovell being locks..
Ah.

I would rather have Lacroix-Courville make the team being 16 and all, but I don't want him there if he isn't good enough. Being the go-to guy in Midget will help his development more than being in and out of the lineup in Halifax.

Lovell will more than likely be the 8th Dman, as I see Gazzola being ahead of him at this point.

Old
09-01-2012, 01:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Ah.

I would rather have Lacroix-Courville make the team being 16 and all, but I don't want him there if he isn't good enough. Being the go-to guy in Midget will help his development more than being in and out of the lineup in Halifax.

Lovell will more than likely be the 8th Dman, as I see Gazzola being ahead of him at this point.
Which means he's likely to get sent down right ?

Old
09-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Reesor01

Quote:
Which means he's likely to get sent down right ?
Well we do need a spare dman up with the team. I know what you're implying thought. Why would Lovell be the 8th dman and sit in the stands 1/2 the time instead of being sent back to Jr A to play every day? That's why I think there's more to the story.

Old
09-01-2012, 02:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well we do need a spare dman up with the team. I know what you're implying thought. Why would Lovell be the 8th dman and sit in the stands 1/2 the time instead of being sent back to Jr A to play every day? That's why I think there's more to the story.
I agree, though I'm hoping he's sent down to midget..

Old
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Libbs

When are our season tickets available for pick-up?

Old
09-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
When are our season tickets available for pick-up?
I believe September 12th. I'm getting way too antsy for this season to start. I want to see the boys play some regular season games.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Libbs

Quote:
I believe September 12th. I'm getting way too antsy for this season to start. I want to see the boys play some regular season games.
Thanks!

Old
09-03-2012, 09:01 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Agreed, especially with all this bs about projections and predictions and constant ****shows which I can't pass up

P.S. Seasons/15 packs are sold out of the lower bowl... I believe there's several singles left, but wow. They said they've had a record # of seasons/15's this season, not seen since the beginning of moose mania in the 90's

Old
09-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Libbs

Just throwing it out there...but there may be a chance my ticket may be up for sale for the majority of the season. I'm possibly being deployed in January and really only bought my ticket this year to keep my seat (Sec 7, Row M, Seat 15). It's only 1 seat though.

If you may be interested, PM me and I'll let you know when I know 100%.

Closed Thread