Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 10:56 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
my seat (Sec 7, Row M, Seat 15). It's only 1 seat though.
Damn, that's just about the nicest seat in the MC. Aisle seat, half way up, around center, on the moose offensive side twice. Lol

Old
09-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Damn, that's just about the nicest seat in the MC. Aisle seat, half way up, around center, on the moose offensive side twice. Lol
Its actually just up from the blueline... but yeah, my favourite spot to watch a hockey game (in any arena). Couldn't pass up on that seat even though I may be missing pretty much the entire season.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Raimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Fair warning tho, they like to sit the kids at the bottom of 7 and 8.. that's why I moved me the heck outta there.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:39 AM
kalvincline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Fair warning tho, they like to sit the kids at the bottom of 7 and 8.. that's why I moved me the heck outta there.
Yeah those damn kids with the 'cheering' and 'noise making'. A fella can barely enjoy the game. Perhaps we could get rid of Hal and stop playing that loud music between whistles.

I wish the season would just start already....I can't take much more of this waiting! This team is gonna be reeeal good.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:59 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post
Yeah those damn kids with the 'cheering' and 'noise making'. A fella can barely enjoy the game. Perhaps we could get rid of Hal and stop playing that loud music between whistles.
Perhaps we can all sit on our hands when a goal is scored too

Old
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

I struck gold too this year, got myself one seat in section 8 row Q

dead centre top of the lower bowl looking down over the benches, so excited

Old
09-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

I'll be in Section 6 row Q in aisle seats. 4th year in a row with the same spot. Can't wait for the home opener.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:11 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
I'll be in Section 6 row Q in aisle seats. 4th year in a row with the same spot. Can't wait for the home opener.
That's also a nice seat. I just got 15 so I'm in th endzones. 15's and seasons guarantee you your playoff seats so that's why I didn't get seasons. Should be a filled rink most nights in the lower bowl, and weekend games should draw 7000+ regularly. Gonna be fun

Old
09-05-2012, 11:12 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Good move.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Libbs

Quote:

I wish the season would just start already....I can't take much more of this waiting! This team is gonna be reeeal good.

Those damn kids I tells ya!

I didn't have any issues with kids in that section at all.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
kalvincline

Just watched the Moose lose 5-3 at the Forum and I feel the need to vent. I'm not worried they lost, mostly because it's the preseason.

The Good
Konrad Abeltshauser - shot the puck from the point on the power play..a few times...I'm stunned! Could this be a knew KA? And he only managed to break one stick which is almost as shocking.
Brent Andrews - WOW! He looked bigger and more physical. If he can stay healthy and play like he did tonight....friggin sweet!
The "Mac-D-For" line looked good and I don't think they even shifted into 2nd gear.
Weegar - looked solid on the power play. A little soft on even strength but very promising offensively.

The Bad
Ciampini - may be skating better but his once sweet goal scoring hands have shacked up with his confidence and are in the witness protection program. He also had trouble pick up hard passes tonight. You might not know it but I'm rooting for him.
Frk & Ashley - Someone get these kids into anger management. And tell Frk he can't score from the penalty box no matter how much he dangles like Datsyuk and shoot the puck as hard as the pros.
Lovell - Is big, strong, tough but got caught chasing guys for hits which cost at least one or two goals.
The Moose D in general are in much better shape than a few of the earlier posts. I think/hope with a few games under their belt Gazolla & Weegar will have the confidence to play regularly.

I don't know the league disciplinary side too well but I think Frk will get at least a game for his "spearing" (it was actually a slash...and a very dumb play) but I would be shocked if he didn't get a few games.

Tabernac! Me, I can not wait for dis season to start la!

Old
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Good evaluation KC, I saw a lot of the same.

Good:

Randy Gazzola. Only concern is his footspeed, but showed two-way smarts and has size to go with it.

Brent Andrews certainly looks like he could break out this year, was driving the net and showed improved skating.

Weegar is a really poised puck mover and is good under pressure, like what I saw from him.

Alcade was a treat to watch, perfect energy player that finishes all his checks and forechecks hard.

Bad:

Ciampini doesn't look too improved.

Ashley and Frk, brutal discipline.

Old
09-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Dgill

I wish I was there last night. Disappointed at the lack of improvement from Ciampini, boy did he ever die off come October/November last season...

Frk and Ashley's discipline is definitely a concern, hopefully whoever is captain (I am really hoping for Trey Lewis) will keep their egos in check. With an arguably stronger and so far healthier lineup then last year hopefully Ducharme also rattles both of them and benches them if they can't keep their emotions properly in check.

Is it September 28th yet?

Old
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
johnnydrum

Crikey, what happened to Marty Frk, did I read correctley when I read he speared the guy in the face?
I was hoping that the preseason games would be broadcasted via the teams radio , but was disapointed when it was baseball..lol

Old
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Crikey, what happened to Marty Frk, did I read correctley when I read he speared the guy in the face?
I was hoping that the preseason games would be broadcasted via the teams radio , but was disapointed when it was baseball..lol
I was curious about the incident too. Anyone see that game? Suspension?

Old
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Yeah I was there. Frk got rowled up over something in the offensive zone, took an interference headshot at a CB player on his way out of the zone then as Oligny skated by chirping he picked his stick up and clipped him in the face.

Wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a game to prove a point but with no video replay there shouldn't be a lengthy suspension

Old
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Oligny ***** Marty in the corner, and makes him eat ice. Ref is watching Abelt (I believe it was him) at the point with puck, and can't see what's going on in the corner. Frk doesn't clear the zone but instead lays into the ref. Cross-checks/hits a guy in the back and gets 2 for interference. Oligny is allowed to skate to the box (where's the other linesman? ) and chirp Marty. Frk clips him on the face and Oligny falls like he was shot. Makes sure he gets his major penalty, fixes his hair and is out on the same PP. Frk rages in the tunnel lol.

Oligny was doing his job, but it wasn't 5 Min worthy... Not like what Frk did was right. He had those moments last season and needs to be more disciplined. It's unfair to Marty in the first place as it should've been 2 for Oligny and nothing more, but Frk couldn't move on.

Maybe a one-gamer.

Old
09-10-2012, 10:11 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
He was like that in Czech rep leagues they said. Gritty player, with some bad discipline.

Old
09-11-2012, 11:41 AM
newfy

I see Frks gotten into some trouble but how does he look compared to last year in the games so far? Better skating? Any lingering issues with the concussion?

Old
09-11-2012, 02:11 PM
kalvincline

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I see Frks gotten into some trouble but how does he look compared to last year in the games so far? Better skating? Any lingering issues with the concussion?
He threw a few aggressive checks and made a great pass on Boudreau's goal. I think he's hands are and hockey sense are ready-to-go. To be honest, there wasn't a play where he tried to beat a defender with speed or drive through them so its hard to really say but I think he'll be up to full speed in two weeks based on what I've seen.

Related note, I think Frk and Bourdeau make a nice pairing. Boudreau can wait between the far post and face-off dot for a one timer which gives Frk 2/3 of the offensive zone to "juke" and/or "dippsy-do" around guys.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

How do Jo and Lovell look ?

How has Alcade fit in ?

Old
09-11-2012, 11:16 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

How has Alcade fit in ?
Amazing, much improved in every facet of the game. Only a small sample size, but it will be exciting to see if that's the Drouin we get this year.

Raw. Good skater, went for hit a lot on Sunday

Wrecking ball

In the order you listed those players

Old
09-11-2012, 11:20 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
He threw a few aggressive checks and made a great pass on Boudreau's goal. I think he's hands are and hockey sense are ready-to-go. To be honest, there wasn't a play where he tried to beat a defender with speed or drive through them so its hard to really say but I think he'll be up to full speed in two weeks based on what I've seen.

Related note, I think Frk and Bourdeau make a nice pairing. Boudreau can wait between the far post and face-off dot for a one timer which gives Frk 2/3 of the offensive zone to "juke" and/or "dippsy-do" around guys.
Personally I'd like Drouin to be put with those two. Both can score and have improved wheels, but Drouin would be that elite playmaker that would complete this line.

That means you wouldn't role Fournier, nate and Jo, but I would also like to see how an Andrews-Fournier tandem would look like. Andrews has looked like a much better player offensively, and would be a pretty tall line (Both 6'3) throw in Ashley too for chemistry

That leaves MacKinnon with Ryan and Ciampini which could work as Nate makes the players around him better, and Ryan and Ciampini are two players that might need a kick to get going.

Lots of possibilities for sure.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:24 AM
kalvincline

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

How has Alcade fit in ?
Maybe it was the two or five beer I misplaced during the game, but I thought Drouin looked a little bigger and more solid.

I think the 2012 Lovell ate the 2011 Lovell...he's much bigger and physical. He got caught out of position skating around looking for people to hit which I think led to a goal but I think he will be a nice 6-7-8 D-man. He had a hit in the 3rd which impressed me and I can't wait to talk to the kid to ask him if set it up the way I saw it because if he did...he even be a little more clever than I thought.

Alcade looks solid and although he didn't land any highlight reel hits he could be the best checking Moose have had in the last 4-5 years.

Which leads to another comment/discussion. In the last few years, the Moose haven't had a player who can combine the three things I think it takes to make a punishing forechecker 1) size 2) speed 3) finishing. For example, Cuzner had speed but not enough size to really punish a guy (without being greasy).

Some guys have size and decent speed but can't quite line up an opponent and stay with him to finish the check well.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
kalvincline

Quote:
I don't know the league disciplinary side too well but I think Frk will get at least a game for his "spearing" (it was actually a slash...and a very dumb play) but I would be shocked if he didn't get a few games.
Frk is suspended for the final two preseason games. Someone get the kid some prozac.

Closed Thread