Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 09:50 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Has there been a more overrated defensive secondary in the history of the CFL, Hefney finally gets to cover someone his own size (5'7'' or under) and he is eaten up.

Did Mack truly believe Pierce would play more than half the games? Why was there no experienced backup QB signed, anyone who follows football in Winnipeg knew Pierce would go down at any time after the first snap.

O-line has been bad for years, so Mack lets our best O-lineman walk in FA.

Last edited by sipowicz: 09-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old
09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Gotta love coach Burke is the post game, "we'll have a game plan for them next week", WTF did they just wing it in the blow-out?

PS Who in the hell hired Gary Crowton (so called O-coordinator) and his 0 experience in the CFL or pro football for that matter, he should have been sent packing with LaPo.

Last edited by sipowicz: 09-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old
09-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Just returned from a brief holiday.

52-0?

Hahahaha.

What?

Old
09-03-2012, 11:38 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
No, just, no

Bombers have been a community team forever, and should stay that way.
Oh yeah the team with the Board that thinks there's nothing wrong and have treated fans like garbage. One PR nightmare after another. They are not committed to winning at all.

Bomber greats must hang their heads in shame. How can you go 22 years without winning a cup in an 8 team league?!? And I think it'll go another 22 years unless some huge changes are made. Everything needs to be changed. From the board to the players.

Old
09-03-2012, 11:47 AM
KingSalamon

vCash: 500
Further confirmation that the October 13 game that overlaps the jets home opener isn't much of a choice.

Even with the lockout and the game being cancelled (if that happens) I think they could can the Bombers game as well or forfeit the game because there is no playoff implications for the Bombers this year.

Time to blow up the team AND MANAGEMENT and start fresh, I haven't been this irritated by a Bomber team since the Reinbold era... Hmm perhaps he wasn't that bad after all... Ok now we're in trouble as I'm thinking crazy... I'm becoming irrational!

Ok... Mack gets shown the door and we need some competent people running the show.

Hey... Doesn't the NFL start in a couple days? I guess that will be interesting to watch until hockey starts up..

Old
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Okay
1) whom ever blames elliott has an issue
2) whom ever says the o line is better then last year is watching a different game then I am
3) this defence is horribly over rated
4) i guess it wasnt lapolice's fault
5) fire Mack
6)???
7) Profit?

Old
09-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
\o/

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/bomber-fa...-loss-1.940768

Proud member of that page haha

09-03-2012, 05:37 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Okay
1) whom ever blames elliott has an issue
2) whom ever says the o line is better then last year is watching a different game then I am
3) this defence is horribly over rated
4) i guess it wasnt lapolice's fault
5) fire Mack
6)???
7) Profit?
You know it's bad when the Rider fans at the Wasagaming bar were feeling sorry for us Bomber fans. The team is so bad I don't know where to begin. I'm not in the fore Mack crowd (yet) but I wouldn't be surprised if they blow it up and start from scratch. Won't get us closer to the GC but it may provide the fans some hope.

Old
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
No, just, no

Bombers have been a community team forever, and should stay that way.
With all due respect, the definition of insanity is...

repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result.

In my opinion, it's time for a change.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
With all due respect, the definition of insanity is...

repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result.

In my opinion, it's time for a change.
The team that beat us, 52-0, lest you forget, is community owned.

The problem isn't the community ownership, the problem is the people in charge aren't acting like good stewards of the Blue Bombers and are pulling fascist tactics like "no outside food".

Some people think it's because they're saddled with debt that the province has passed on to the team, and that the delay in construction forced them to let players go to cut costs. If so, that's pathetic and obviously a bad strategy. Still, if it amounts to a mortgage owed to the province, then it's not bad as far as debts go so I don't see why that would make them act so rashly.

Old
09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post

The problem isn't the community ownership, the problem is the people in charge aren't acting like good stewards of the Blue Bombers and are pulling fascist tactics like "no outside food".

Some people think it's because they're saddled with debt that the province has passed on to the team, and that the delay in construction forced them to let players go to cut costs. If so, that's pathetic and obviously a bad strategy. Still, if it amounts to a mortgage owed to the province, then it's not bad as far as debts go so I don't see why that would make them act so rashly.
And how exactly do you buy a Community owned team, would there be a vote on it by the season ticket holders?

Old
09-03-2012, 09:59 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post

They haven't gone 22 years without winning a grey cup. In fact they've beaten us in the grey cup. They've won more grey cups then us in those 22 years. They aren't a joke of an organization where the decision to fire a coach was made by email and over the phone. The Bombers are pathetic from ownership right up to the fans who will cheer regardless. This is the CFL and a team that can't win in 22 years means there's seriously something wrong with their organization. Everything from the new stadium to the way the team won't help out season ticket holders. They kept changing the design of the damn stadium and they wonder why it wasn't done on time. It shouldn't take that damn long. I'm so sick of this mickey mouse organization and their inabilities in EVERYTHING.

Old
09-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Bob E

I can not believe how leader-less the bomber franchise is at the moment.

1) The Board becomes too involved and makes stupid decisions when they are.

2) Buchko was simply a mis-hire. Has been a disaster from day 1. Horrible leader, during a time when the organization is screaming for one.

3) Joe Mack has lost touch with what makes a CFL team successful. His personnel decisions have been absolutely brutal. Canadian depth is non-existent. When they did draft someone with all-star ability, they 'didn't communicate well enough' to get a deal done with said player. We have ZERO at QB - the most important position on a CFL (just plain football) team - outside of maybe giving Elliot some development time. He might be a decent back-up one day, MIGHT... Brink is brutal and Buck is ALWAYS injured. There are key positions on a football team, and Mack has recruited either unproven, unreliable or unproductive players in those spots.

4) Burke. His HC debut is 52-0. 52 - ZERO. His assistant coaches seemed lost. The players seemed lost. Further, CFL teams do not get shut out. It doesn't matter how bad you are, you don't score a goose egg in a CFL game. Punt single, missed field goal, something. Last happened to Bombers, what, 40 yrs ago. This group of players have not played well for him recently, as a defence, and now as a complete team.

5) Players. But what is most concerning is players gave up. Absolute disgrace. There shouldn't be an 'untouchable' on this team. I'm not sure how many of these players would start on a quality team like Montreal or BC. Not many. And on-the-field leadership is needed terribly.

This organization needs a complete overhaul from the very top, AGAIN. Are quality football leaders that hard to find? Do they not want to be in the CFL? There has to be more Joe Popp's out there.

Old
09-03-2012, 10:21 PM
PaperRockChamp

I feel bad for Terence Edwards. He deserves better. Seeing some of the Bombers (O-line and Def) joking/laughing on the sidelines in the last 4-5 mins of the game was frustrating.

If we are going to keep Mack around, all I want to know is: WHAT THE F is his plan for this team????

It feels like the Bombers let the vets go to make more money, knowing that the new stadium was sold out, no outside food or drinks (must spend in the stadium) and they were really driving for a very profitable year.. Absolute train-wreck. It's impossible to be proud of a single thing with this franchise right now.

Old
09-03-2012, 10:41 PM
mondena

In regards to being community owned, i was having a conversation with a good friend of mine recently, and they are a very connected person in regards to big business & politics in winnipeg. they have never been a football fan, and so a couple years ago when they were asked to be on the blue bomber board, they declined, basically saying they were clearly the wrong person as they do not know anything about about football.

To me this shows the type of people on the board, they are well connected people that have agreed to sit on the board for whatever reason. I don't think we can ever expect a board like that to run a winning organization compared to a private company with a passionate owner, such as true north.

Old
09-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
They haven't gone 22 years without winning a grey cup. In fact they've beaten us in the grey cup. They've won more grey cups then us in those 22 years.
The point isn't having a private run team. THAT is IRRELEVANT. The point is having people in charge of the team who care about it. Who care about the community.

Saskatchewan actually had a pretty bad run for a while up until they won a cup a few years back.

Old
09-03-2012, 11:34 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

The Green Bay Packers are community owned.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:27 AM
PostmanPat1919

I love the comments seemingly begging some white knight from the business community to privatize the Bombers, as if that would magically solve all problems. Maybe Winnipeg fans should instead be demanding more democratic responsibility from the organization, seeing as they apparently own the team (through the public sector) and should have the right to demand changes to the administrative structure of the club.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Wasn't David Asper going to buy the team as part of the original new stadium proposal? Of course his credentials include running a multi-billion dollar business into the ground, so he'd be perfect!

To be fair, the Bombers made it to the Cup 5 times in the last 20 years (1992, 1993, 2001, 2007 and 2011). Some of those Bomber teams were very good, they just haven't had any luck in the big game.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Wasn't David Asper going to buy the team as part of the original new stadium proposal? Of course his credentials include running a multi-billion dollar business into the ground, so he'd be perfect!

To be fair, the Bombers made it to the Cup 5 times in the last 20 years (1992, 1993, 2001, 2007 and 2011). Some of those Bomber teams were very good, they just haven't had any luck in the big game.
We are also the the averaging 2nd place team in the entire CFL over the last 75 years.

On a side not, the Bomber forums give me a headache, from the "If you don't have 2,000 post's like me you opinion is invalid" or the mods never saying anything negative about the team.

Last edited by Diatidialga: 09-04-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old
09-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Tdoe42

Well Being there made it worse!! lol

Ive NEVER seen a team play a game that bad and ive been to every Bomber game since 04. That being said its only one game tho if we play like that even once more this season ill start to worry but right now im not. I like to watch the games over but not this one im just gonna forget and move on.

Im not ready to start over yet tho the talent is there just after a game like that Emotions are high and everyone is pissed and wants to clean house. Im just gonna take a more long term view of it all because I kinda saw it coming and I really think now we will see what this team is made of.

Burn the Tape and move on thats all you can do

Old
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Jetsfan204*

Whoops wrong thread

Old
09-04-2012, 10:27 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Bang on Bob E bang on! Crowton looks to be about the worst O coordinator in some time and that's pretty bad.

That stupid grin Jovon Johnson had at the end of the game needs to be slapped off him, where is the leadership on this sinking ship?

Old
09-04-2012, 11:58 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Bang on Bob E bang on! Crowton looks to be about the worst O coordinator in some time and that's pretty bad.

That stupid grin Jovon Johnson had at the end of the game needs to be slapped off him, where is the leadership on this sinking ship?
Retired and not resigned

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
sully1410

Does anybody else think its weird that they're going to put another cfl team in Ottawa...a place that it has failed twice in spectacular fashion?

Closed Thread