HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Taylor vs Tyler

View Poll Results: Taylor Hall vs Tyler Seguin
Taylor Hall 153 44.74%
Tyler Seguin 189 55.26%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
  #101
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
This poll should be titled "Oilers Fans VS everyone else".

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 07:01 PM
  #102
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
This poll should be titled "Oilers Fans VS everyone else".
Believe it or not, the entire world ISN'T out to get you, because believe it or not, there ARE some players and prospects better than some of your players and prospects.

The fact that you can argue that Seguin is better than Hall, doesn't mean everyone hates you.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:03 PM
  #103
agreen23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
And if Taylor can get a pass for injuries can Tyler? He hurt his wrist in March. That severely hinders ones ability to shoot. For a shooter that hurts their ability to score. Big time.

He had to get wrist surgery in the offseason.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:06 PM
  #104
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,258
vCash: 50
Seguin was on pace for 100 points early in the season... If he got injured then, could we use that as an excuse? Or even when he was a near PPG the whole first half.

Then, guess what? He slumped. Hall played 20 less games. Who's to say he wouldn't? Being injured is anything BUT a free pass... I take the healthier player.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:53 PM
  #105
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Seguin was on pace for 100 points early in the season... If he got injured then, could we use that as an excuse? Or even when he was a near PPG the whole first half.

Then, guess what? He slumped. Hall played 20 less games. Who's to say he wouldn't? Being injured is anything BUT a free pass... I take the healthier player.
The thing is that Hall has been relatively healthy, IIRC he never missed a game in juniors and will likely never get hit as hard and awkward as he was by Hamonic while still in Windsor. In his rookie year he fought Dorsett which wasn't too bright, but had Dorsett not tried to turn them into a tornado on ice, there would've been no injury. Most of the rest of his issues stemmed from an injury from juniors that just progressively got worst. IMO it's not fair YET to say that he is injury prone. Yes he got concussed but that is hardly uncommon in the NHL.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
  #106
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
The thing is that Hall has been relatively healthy, IIRC he never missed a game in juniors and will likely never get hit as hard and awkward as he was by Hamonic while still in Windsor. In his rookie year he fought Dorsett which wasn't too bright, but had Dorsett not tried to turn them into a tornado on ice, there would've been no injury. Most of the rest of his issues stemmed from an injury from juniors that just progressively got worst. IMO it's not fair YET to say that he is injury prone. Yes he got concussed but that is hardly uncommon in the NHL.
I don't have a problem with what you said, but considering how much flak Crosby gets for what was a fluke injury that could have been solved a lot quicker if the doctors identified the reason for his elongated concussion, I think it will ultimately be considered a factor by the masses until proven otherwise. It doesn't take much for hfboards to jump on something like this, and considering Hall did not finish either of his first two seasons, it's simply status quo here as far as I'm concerned.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:06 PM
  #107
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I don't have a problem with what you said, but considering how much flak Crosby gets for what was a fluke injury that could have been solved a lot quicker if the doctors identified the reason for his elongated concussion, I think it will ultimately be considered a factor by the masses until proven otherwise. It doesn't take much for hfboards to jump on something like this, and considering Hall did not finish either of his first two seasons, it's simply status quo here as far as I'm concerned.
Understood, however Crosby has missed a ton of time in the last 2-3 years and it's kind of an apples to oranges comp. That said I hope that Sid becomes an iron man the rest of his career.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:06 PM
  #108
DohBruins
Registered User
 
DohBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Oil Change is on NHL Network right now and it's the first one (I believe) where they are deciding on Taylor or Tyler.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
  #109
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
Oil Change is on NHL Network right now and it's the first one (I believe) where they are deciding on Taylor or Tyler.
By far the best episode of the two seasons.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 12:22 AM
  #110
sjaustin77
Registered User
 
sjaustin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
We are going to have to agree to disagree. I have to say though...you haven't really addressed a whole lot. All you do is tell me I'm cherry picking stats. Then bring up how Hall has slightly more ice time and how Seguin produced at a slightly more efficient rate. You "snip" or just out right ignore my other points that go beyond the 9 game hot streak. I have addressed almost everything including teammates. Are you reading anything anyone is responding to you? I snipped so we didn't have 1 post taking up a whole page. My response was after the snip. I wasn't ignoring points, I just don't feel the need to directly respond to each of your cherry picked arguments. You continue to make it about a 9 game streak or pick out 10 game streaks. That doesn't prove consistency which also doesn't mean better. You say Seguin only had a 9 game streak and Hall had a 45 game streak. I and others have shown you other different sets of games including the whole season where Seguin was better. We have shown you the fallacy of your argument by reversing what you are doing and taking out Hall's hot streak while including Seguin's.

You say Seguin was by far the better 5 on 5 player. I bring up how it's a lot easier to be a good 5 on 5 player when you have a guys like Bergeron, Chara and just the entire Bruins team in general around you. Or a goalie like Thomas that can bail the team out. You didn't counter that point. You "snipped" it. I have already said he had better teammates defensively. I didn't know I needed to analyze every play the whole season. Seguin was far better. If you are willing to admit that then maybe we can get into why.

Or how about puck moving defensemen? Hall had a rookie in Petry and Whitney playing on one ankle(a shadow of his former self). Do you know how important making plays off the rush is for a player like Hall? Correy Potter lead the Oilers defense in PP ice time. He was our go to offensive defenseman. He had 21 points. Have you even heard of him? I won't use it against you. Sometimes even I forget he's an Oiler and that's not even a joke. The Bruins don't have a very mobile or puck moving defense. Based on PPG the Bruin's defense averaged 7 more points than the Oilers Defense. I have already said Seguin had some advantages being on the Bruins.

You told me Hall had better offensive line mates. I told you that while he spent a fair chunk of the season with Eberle and RNH, he actually did better without them and spent a large part of the season with Gagner and Hemsky. You said you know how to use behindthenet. I actually wasn't telling you anything that isn't common knowledge. Maybe you could have actually watched Hall last season. And I'm the insulting one? You are a Bruin's expert who watches every game I guess. I guess there is no point in arguing with your biased expert eyes You wouldn't need the website. So you are saying that Eberle and RNH were better without Hall? Eberle was incredible offensively this year. Gagner didn't have his best season and Hemsky had his worst. What you are telling me isn't a very ringing endorsement of Hall. It looks to me like he is a selfish player that doesn't make teammates better.

It's also interesting that Seguin is a better 5 on 5 player than Hall because he had more points but for some reason you think he was at an advantage offensively playing with a rookie in RNH(for MAYBE 25 games) who actually put up 18 less even strength points than Bergeron at even strength. Maybe experienced linemates that bring a great overall game is an advantage? Especially 5 on 5? I've never said it was because he had more points. I use rate stats not points. I have done an analysis combining ES & PP rates weighted by ice time and Hall's teammates came out ahead but barely. I have already told you Seguin had better defensive linemates.

You didn't even acknowledge that I said in general goal scorers are more highly regarded when all things are equal. Ignoring hot and cold streaks(since it's better to just ignore them). Seguin averaged 0.358 goals per game. Hall averaged 0.443(a 36 goal pace). You are right I didn't acknowledge this yet. Use rate stats with both even strength and powerplay. Use Seguin's % of ES to PP time to equalize the advantage Hall had; and Hall comes out ahead 1.269 Goals/60 to 1.262 Goals/60. So Hall's biggest advantage isn't really an advantage. I don't see any proof that Hall is the better goalscorer. He has been the better powerplay goalscorer so far. Even strength Seguin was ahead 1.21 G/60 to .87 G/60. I think shootouts suck for evaluating hockey but since their overall rates were so close and the NHL uses shootouts as a tiebreaker lets look at that. Seguin was 6 for 12 this year or 50%. Hall was 1 for 4 or 25%. Seguin is 10 for 20 for 50% in his career. Hall is 3 for 11 or 27% in his career. No teammates or powerplay problems there. Skater vs goalie. Seguin has been twice the goal scorer.

Or how about the systems? You said it's easier to put up points in the Oilers system. You never told me why...and don't make Julien out to be Lamaire just to prove a point. The Bruins were a defensively responsible team. They weren't a trapping team. Defense wins championships. It also leads to turnovers and offense. I don't think I have ever said that. I said he had better offensive teammates. Julien's distribution of ice time is the biggest reason why it is harder for the Bruin's top players to put up points. Seguin had under 17 minutes TOI. Most top forwards get 19 plus and 1 minute more of powerplay time. Having to be defensively responsible works both ways. I agree that good defense leads to offense.

You acknowledged that Hall was the better powerplay player but then suggested that it was only because Bruins PP was so bad...and that was everyone but Seguin's fault("The Bruins powerplay sucked but it was the rest of the B's players"). Yes. They have the players, but I don't know why they weren't good. It was coaching and the other players more than Seguin. Seguin had the highest rate of any fulltime forward. Horton and Peverley beat him slightly but missed 36 and 25 games. Seguin should have played more than he did and that would have put him further ahead in overall production.

You say even strength production is better than powerplay production. I agree...but being a slightly better even strength player(even that is debatable) isn't better than being one of the best powerplay players in the entire league. Hall was 5th in powerplay goals while missing 21 games. Yes it is better than one of the best powerplay players. That is why Seguin ended up with better production despite getting less ice time on the powerplay. Because ES is far more important. It makes up so much more of the game time and goal scoring. Also, nice way to skew the argument and ES wasn't debatable this year. Seguin is only slightly better? While Hall is one of the best in the league. You could also say that Hall was only slightly better while Seguin was one of the best in the entire league at ES which again is more important. Seguin was 10th in the league to 82nd for Hall at ES. Hall was 21st in the league on the PP while Seguin was 100th. If you take out players with less than 1 minute per game Hall is 10th and Seguin is 76th.

You said Seguin doesn't throw hits because his line always has the puck. Somehow Ovechkin found time to throw 215 hits last season. You're insulting everyone's intelligence with comments like that. I'll admit that Seguin has come a LONG way since his junior days but he's still very much a perimeter player. Hall very much isn't a perimeter player...and it's much easier to reign a guy in than teach a guy to be aggressive. One advantage to Hall's aggressiveness is that only 10 players that played 40+ games drew more penalties per game than him last season. Seguin ranked tied for 106th. He's a much harder player to play against. That shouldn't even be debatable. I never said that. I said it is harder to throw hits when you always have the puck. Using Ovechkin isn't a good argument. He had negative Corsi numbers so he had more opportunities to throw hits. I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence because I didn't say that and I've never said that Seguin was physical. Hall drew more penalties. Chalk up another point for you. I don't think that means that he is much harder to play against. He isn't that physical either. Maybe if he was throwing 200 hits a year like Brown or Doan you could say he is harder to play against.

...but everything I've tried to discuss doesn't matter because on top of this I have one other point about how I go about seeing who was the more consistent player. And even if you don't like how I've come to that conclusion, you've yet to prove to me that Seguin was actually the more consistent player. You brought up Malkin but I don't even know how to respond to that one. It made no sense. You actually think I'm saying that because Malkin would go up and down (probably between playing like a 90 point player and 150 point player) while Hall was pretty constant at about a ppg player the majority of the season that I think Hall is the better player? You really think that's what I'm saying? Are we having a discussion here or are we just going to try and pull out every trick to "win" this debate? I'm not getting sucked into a position to argue a point I don't agree with just because you're twisting my words around. You think Seguin was the more consistent threat? That's fine. I strongly disagree though. Feel free to prove it to me without a sarcastic response where you mock me and show how easy it is to manipulate numbers. If Seguin really was the more consistent player last season, show me. I brought up Malkin to prove that consistency doesn't equal better. I'm not trying to prove if Seguin was more consistent. He probably wasn't. This isn't about consistency, it is about who was better. I'm the one trying to pull out every trick? I'm not trying to mock you, I'm showing that what you are doing is wrong and that it is easy to manipulate the numbers when you cherry pick. Picking out streaks doesn't mean anything. Here is a better measure of consistency. Hall scored a point in 61% of his games last year to 56% for Seguin. That is going by points which isn't the best measure. If you want to take Hall because he might get a point in 5 more games out of 100 (with more ice time and PP time) then go ahead. That doesn't mean that he was the better player.

...and please don't bring up the playoffs. Seguin's first playoffs was better than anything either of them have done because he had a point every 19:39? That alone just proves how much of a stretch you argument is. He was on the 4th line, playing against 4th line competition. He had 6 points in 2 games and then 1 point in the next 11 games. Nevermind how Hall fits into this. You think that was better than what Seguin did this season? I make one observation that I thought was neat and you use that against me. That makes my argument a stretch? I didn't even use it against Hall. That was in a paragraph where I was showing how fair I have been instead of using Stanley cups: Seguin - 1, Hall - 0 like some fans would use. He did do it against weak competition but he was also a rookie playing 4th line minutes. Take out that comment if you want. It has nothing at all to do with my argument and wasn't used against Hall.

You're accusing me of cherry picking stats but all you've done is say that Seguin needs 29 less seconds to put up a point and that Hall averaging 36 more seconds on the powerplay was the end all, be all between the two. You're also cherry picking bits and pieces of my argument by "snipping" them. I have done a lot more than just showing the overall production. I have shown you how you are cherry picking and what happens when you do the reverse. I have shown many other "streaks" that show that Seguin was better over longer periods of time including the whole season and ES.

I was going to point out everything that you chose to ignore but instead I'll just put it in bold. I'll apologize right now. It's going to make my long post even longer.

I don't know how to include what I had responded to earlier. I didn't just ignore. I think I have now responded to everything.



...but I'm the only cherry picker in this discussion? You're chalking it up as speculation because you don't have anything to say. Just say I don't know if you don't. I'm not going to criticize you. We're talking about what happened last season. Not specifically about if the players switched teams. We're breaking down their situations and weighing the pros and cons. We are talking about what happened last season. You brought Hall being able to play on the Bruins into it. I have never said that he couldn't.

Anyways. We can be done with this. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. Feel free to comment on anything that I put in bold from my own post if you want.
Yes you are the cherry picker. I have plenty to say. You want me to say that I don't know? How about you stop speculating and say you don't know. I'm not going to respond to every nonsensical argument that you make.

Here is your statement that started this.


"...but that 2-3 week period in November when Seguin had 10 goals in 9 games while Hall had 0 goals in 8 games(it all happened at the same time) was the only time Seguin was clearly the better player this season and possibly ever. Get passed the basic stats line and look at their game by game stats and how the season really played out...and it's clear Hall is the significantly better offensive player at this point."

I don't care if you agree with me on who was better or who you would take but I have proved that your original statement was clearly wrong and I have responded to more things as they have been brought up. You have asked me to prove things to you and asked directly why would I take Seguin. I have shown you that in many ways.


Last edited by sjaustin77: 09-04-2012 at 12:28 AM.
sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 12:27 AM
  #111
sjaustin77
Registered User
 
sjaustin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
It's amazing that Seguin is winning despite losing in most statistical comparisons. I wonder what the poll results will be if Seguin actually wins on most stats...
Seguin won most of them this year. That is why he is winning because he was better this year.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 12:28 AM
  #112
Angelus
Smile Time!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 141
Looks like someone's in way over their head.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:54 AM
  #113
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hall was and is the right player for the Oilers, that's all that I care about. I knew that Boston would be getting a dandy player no matter who we picked, both teams won big that day.
That's all that needs to be said

Frankly I am thrilled the bruins didn't have the first overall, because no matter who we picked, Bruins fans would have complained 10x as much as soon as the player didn't live up to expectations or slumped

FWIW, I believe Peter Chiarelli would have picked Seguin either way because while Hall probably would have been more helpful in 2011, PC and the bruins brass LOVE skilled centers and have a tendency to pick centers over wingers because of how they think the game, as well as many scouts projecting Seguin to have the better potential for an overall great career/higher ceiling. None of this is meant to diminish Hall, he's pretty amazing, it's just my logic in the scenario of Boston having the first pick. I've followed PC long enough to know that's what his line of thinking would have been

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:32 AM
  #114
oil4life14
Registered User
 
oil4life14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Seguin won most of them this year. That is why he is winning because he was better this year.
Really? maybe u should go look at the stats again and rethink that statement.

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:27 AM
  #115
DohBruins
Registered User
 
DohBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
That's all that needs to be said

Frankly I am thrilled the bruins didn't have the first overall, because no matter who we picked, Bruins fans would have complained 10x as much as soon as the player didn't live up to expectations or slumped

FWIW, I believe Peter Chiarelli would have picked Seguin either way because while Hall probably would have been more helpful in 2011, PC and the bruins brass LOVE skilled centers and have a tendency to pick centers over wingers because of how they think the game, as well as many scouts projecting Seguin to have the better potential for an overall great career/higher ceiling. None of this is meant to diminish Hall, he's pretty amazing, it's just my logic in the scenario of Boston having the first pick. I've followed PC long enough to know that's what his line of thinking would have been
I don't think Chia would have taken seguin. They had Savard, Bergy, and Krejci at the time, and needed a goal scoring winger, which they got later that day (Horton)

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:51 AM
  #116
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
I don't think Chia would have taken seguin. They had Savard, Bergy, and Krejci at the time, and needed a goal scoring winger, which they got later that day (Horton)
You're thinking too simplistic, think about how chia operates and go from there

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
  #117
DohBruins
Registered User
 
DohBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
You're thinking too simplistic, think about how chia operates and go from there
The reason I thought this way, do you remember this?- http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-overall-pick/


right after they drafted seguin

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
  #118
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
The reason I thought this way, do you remember this?- http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-overall-pick/


right after they drafted seguin
Well I never buy into those trade rumors, still, wouldn't that suggest even more that they'd want Seguin if they were thinking of trading Savard?

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
  #119
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,149
vCash: 500
Tyler Seguin right now

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
  #120
Bonecrusher11
Swedish goal king
 
Bonecrusher11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life14 View Post
Really? maybe u should go look at the stats again and rethink that statement.
Seguin Hall
29 g > 27 g
38 a > 26 a
67 p > 53 p
+34 > -3
81 gp > 61 gp
30 pim < 36 pim
7 gwg = 7 gwg
5 ppg < 13 ppg

Most of these stats favor Seguin except for penalty minutes and power play goals.

Bonecrusher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
  #121
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher11 View Post
Seguin Hall
29 g > 27 g
38 a > 26 a
67 p > 53 p
+34 > -3
81 gp > 61 gp
30 pim < 36 pim
7 gwg = 7 gwg
5 ppg < 13 ppg

Most of these stats favor Seguin except for penalty minutes and power play goals.
I'd like to think to think Seguin could score 2 more goals in 20 more games. Completely unfair look at the per game comparison Hall dominates.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
  #122
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernam* View Post
Believe it or not, the entire world ISN'T out to get you, because believe it or not, there ARE some players and prospects better than some of your players and prospects.

The fact that you can argue that Seguin is better than Hall, doesn't mean everyone hates you.
The fact that most of HF thinks that Hall has lower top end potential than Eberle doesn't mean they hate us. It just means that most non-Oiler fans have no idea what they're talking about with regards to Hall and Eberle. And it shows in other threads

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
  #123
Fayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
Fayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,452
vCash: 500
Put em on the same line with Eberle or Skinner in Sochi Kid line woop woop

Also not voting because I'm an Oilers fan, but at the time, Tyler would have been the better pick...but Taylor fits better in the current team as I think Tyler would be a 2C here.

Fayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
  #124
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher11 View Post
Seguin Hall
29 g > 27 g
38 a > 26 a
67 p > 53 p
+34 > -3
81 gp > 61 gp
30 pim < 36 pim
7 gwg = 7 gwg
5 ppg < 13 ppg

Most of these stats favor Seguin except for penalty minutes and power play goals.
You'd think in 2012 on a hockey forum we'd know that raw statistics are rather useless if one player played 20 fewer games than the other.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
  #125
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher11 View Post
Seguin Hall
29 g > 27 g
38 a > 26 a
67 p > 53 p
+34 > -3
81 gp > 61 gp
30 pim < 36 pim
7 gwg = 7 gwg
5 ppg < 13 ppg

Most of these stats favor Seguin except for penalty minutes and power play goals.
Most of these stats favor Seguin because he has played 20 more games...

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.