Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SM-liiga: Semir Ben-Amor cheap-shot on ex-NHL player Ville Peltonen

Old
09-03-2012, 05:38 PM
f1nn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Unofrtunately we probably won't see any suspensions for SM-liiga play.. the league brass stated that its out of their jurisdiction since its a european trophy game, not SM-liiga

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 05:47 PM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
Shows that you don't read what others post, great way to participate. I clearly stated that I'm a HIFK fan but why would I bother to answer you if you don't even read what I write.
Yeah I notice that Ben-Amor was 1 of 2 Jokeri players u liked... I suppose the other one is Ruutu by your name. Shows a lot what u like about hockey!

Favorite 1-line?:

Ruutu-Melart-BenAmor

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
jonlin

And please dont try to tell me u like thoose guys cause of their hockey-skills!

Old
09-03-2012, 05:55 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Yeah I notice that Ben-Amor was 1 of 2 Jokeri players u liked... I suppose the other one is Ruutu by your name. Shows a lot what u like about hockey!

Favorite 1-line?:

Ruutu-Melart-BenAmor
Doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Nice try to derail the conversation tho...

I could like Probert, Stevens, Gillis, Laraque and Domi, still wouldn't make it OK for Ben-Amor to blindside Peltonen and punch him while hes out. Right?

Try to use arguments that actually mean something.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:02 PM
jonlin

Quote:
Doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Nice try to derail the conversation tho...

I could like Probert, Stevens, Gillis, Laraque and Domi, still wouldn't make it OK for Ben-Amor to blindside Peltonen and punch him while hes out. Right?

Try to use arguments that actually mean something.
U haven`t said a thing about Melart, Salmi and Jokela! All 3 would be having suspensions in NHL. Take thoose glasses of alrdy!
U like fighting - until it hits your own. Funny thing is - a few of my own friends that are Hifk-fans are disqusted with their playstyle. U promote it and are actually a fan of the goons!

Old
09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I've seen worse in the NHL playoffs. Carkner mugging Boyle. He got concussed too.
No he didn't. He got concussed when Neil obliterated him with a crushing open ice hit.

swiftwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Fat Doctor

I guess I should copy my post here, because I crave for attention:

Some thoughts about Saturday's Jokeri-HIFK:

Prologue

- Friday's game: Jarkko Ruutu delivered a suspicious hit on Iiro Pakarinen, who apparently twisted his wrist and got injured. Ruutu got sent away, though I think 2+10 would have been enough. But that's what you get for wearing a Ruutu-jersey.

Episode I
- Saturday: After two minutes of playing, Ilari Melart attacked Ruutu from behind and started hitting him on the back of his head. This went on for a while, even when Ruutu was down on ice. Melart got sent out, Ruutu laughed and kept playing.

- At the end of the 5-minute-PP, Jokerit's 17-yo forward Aleksi Mustonen was ready to make his debut and jumped on to ice. For reasons I dont know, he immediately turned back to the bench, allowing Semir Ben-Amor to get on the ice. Jokerit was starting their last PP-attack from behind their own net, but Ben-Amor rushed straight towards Ville Peltonen, tackled him, Peltonen got up quickly but was instantly hammered down by Ben-Amor. The beating went on for few seconds.

When this happened, IFK's defenseman Mikko Jokela tried to save Peltonen, but he was stopped by Jokerit's forward Jani Rita. They fought for a while, even though Rita never dropped his gloves and tried to wrestle his way out. Both got sent off, so did Ben-Amor. Peltonen was blurry and had to be carried away. He didnt play for the rest of the match.

Episode II

- Still in first period: puck wasnt near, but IFK's young defenseman Juuso Salmi attacked Jokerit's star-center Ilari Filppula from behind and started hitting him on the back of his head, while Filppula was on the ice. Luckily, Jokerit's forward Steve Moses was aware and jumped between them, no-one was injured.

Meanwhile, Jokerit's captain Väänänen was wrestling with some IFK-player and the referees, and suddenly IFK's Siim Liivik dropped his glove and punched Väänänen on the back of his head. Väänänen was more furious than anyone has ever been, but couldnt do anything.

At the same moment, Jokerit's Niemi and IFK's Åsten fought a little.

Penalties:
IFK: Salmi got sent away, Liivik 2+10, Åsten 2 minutes for roughing. Coach Sormunen got sent away.
Jokerit: Väänänen got sent away (not sure why), coach Lämsä got sent away.

Episode III

- Jarkko Ruutu has had it with Siim Liivik. After suckerpunching the captain, in second period Ruutu takes action. Gloves are dropped and Ruutu mold's Liivik's face into a new shape. 100-0 for Ruutu. Both got sent off.

Bonus

- In the third period, IFK's Arttu Luttinen hits Jokerit's Jeremy Dehner in the numbers, rushing him to boards. Dehner wasn't injured, so no major penalties. While goalie Frans Tuohimaa heads to the bench for the extra player, IFK's Joakim Eriksson tackle's Tuohimaa lightly. Jokerit's assistant captain Riku Hahl has a word with the referees about this, but no result. Jokerit wins the game 5-1.

Conclusion

So, what do I think of this. Mostly, I think Jokerit was ready to play ice hockey, IFK wasn't. Melart's action after few minutes says it all. I don't think that attack was justified, because Ruutu's hit causing Pakarinen's injury was mostly bad luck. Melart want's to prove everyone he is a badass, and has been humiliated by Ruutu before.

Semir Ben-Amor. One of my favorite players, he plays hard, he is super-strong and can play ice-hockey. When his teammate is attacked, he always takes action. Always. When he got to ice, he was like a raging bull, locked on to IFK's best player and captain, then blasted full steam ahead without stopping. The punishment was too harsh, but in general, the message was 10/10. IFK's boneheads have been provocating Jokerit for a long time, and they were asking for this! Too bad for IFK, Jokerit has a bit tougher goons than they have.

I had a little orgasm when I saw Ruutu destroying Liivik.

Ben-Amor's attack = wrong
Was IFK asking for it? Yes.

That's about it.

Here's Semir Ben-Amor. I'm glad to have someone like him in my team.

Fat Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:13 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
U haven`t said a thing about Melart, Salmi and Jokela! All 3 would be having suspensions in NHL. Take thoose glasses of alrdy!
U like fighting - until it hits your own. Funny thing is - a few of my own friends that are Hifk-fans are disqusted with their playstyle. U promote it and are actually a fan of the goons!
Again you show that you don't read what I write and you just blow that crap out of your rectum.

Where do I promote goons? You should stop making things up to back up your nonsense.

Read the topic, it's about Ben-Amor going postal against Peltonen, not about Melart, Salmi or Jokela. Thats why I don't see the need of bringing them up because they are not anyway responsible for what Ben-Amor did.

There is no point of continuing this discussion before you have read what I've wrote and stop using those made up things as facts. You're arguments are as flawed as your writing in general.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:16 PM
jonlin

Quote:
Again you show that you don't read what I write and you just blow that crap out of your rectum.

Where do I promote goons? You should stop making things up to back up your nonsense.

Read the topic, it's about Ben-Amor going postal against Peltonen, not about Melart, Salmi or Jokela. Thats why I don't see the need of bringing them up because they are not anyway responsible what Ben-Amor did.

There is no point of continuing this discussion before you have read what I've wrote and stop using those made up things as facts. You're arguments are as flawed as your writing in general.
U truly are something... OFC its also about Melart, Salmi and Jokela - They gooned it up in the same game! U just dont wanna deal with it cause u promote your own team playing dirty! U said earlier that Ben-Amor and Ruutu were the only players from Jokerit u like - theyre the dirtiest! U got some issues son...

Old
09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
U truly are something... OFC its also about Melart, Salmi and Jokela - They gooned it up in the same game! U just dont wanna deal with it cause u promote your own team playing dirty! U said earlier that Ben-Amor and Ruutu were the only players from Jokerit u like - theyre the dirtiest! U got some issues son...
I've never said I like Ruutu so thats again more of your made up crap.

I don't promote dirty plays, thats your imagination speaking and I've never said anything to boost it.

Melart, Jokela and Salmi sure had their moments but nothing they did was nearly as bad what Ben-Amor did, thats why they don't belong into this topic, you can make own topic for those incidents at the Finland section.

and that "son" remark with that spelling of yours made me laugh out loud.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
WHat a ridiculous and inane response.

What happened wasn't fighting, it was a blindsided cowardly beating of a player who was unconscious and nothing more.

If it had been a fight then you might have a tiny little leg to stand on but it wasn't at all.

Your position has become an endless string of trite and hackneyed responses and you are much better than this. Why not try and answer a few questions or make reasoned and logical responses.

I have read your previous posts and know that you are better than you are showing.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Tuomaz

Don't dish-it out if u can't take it, eh.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Don't dish-it out if u can't take it, eh.
Take what, having an out of control thug sneak up from behind you knocking you unconscious and then beating your limp body until someone else steps in and saves your life?

Um.......alright.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:20 AM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
WHat a ridiculous and inane response.

What happened wasn't fighting, it was a blindsided cowardly beating of a player who was unconscious and nothing more.

If it had been a fight then you might have a tiny little leg to stand on but it wasn't at all.

Your position has become an endless string of trite and hackneyed responses and you are much better than this. Why not try and answer a few questions or make reasoned and logical responses.

I have read your previous posts and know that you are better than you are showing.
Salmi did the exact same thing to Filppula in the same game(hitting the guy in the head while down), the only difference was Filppulas teammate was fast enough to jump in! Melart started the cheapshotting by attacking Ruutu from behind. Jokela attacked a non-fighting skillplayer. Liivik was 3rd man in attacking a Jokeri-player. The list goes on...

I have in no way claimed that what Semir Ben-Amor did was ok. I hope he gets banned from ice-hockey and this goes to court! I just wanted to point out that both teams gooned up in the game. Hifk is well known for this in Finland. They even had a full size advertisement in one of the biggest papers in Finland wishing "Welcome to Helsinki Tuukka" to a player from another team. Who got attacked in the following game...
HIFK fans should really take off thoose sunglasses...

Old
09-04-2012, 05:08 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Salmi did the exact same thing to Filppula in the same game(hitting the guy in the head while down), the only difference was Filppulas teammate was fast enough to jump in! Melart started the cheapshotting by attacking Ruutu from behind. Jokela attacked a non-fighting skillplayer. Liivik was 3rd man in attacking a Jokeri-player. The list goes on...

I have in no way claimed that what Semir Ben-Amor did was ok. I hope he gets banned from ice-hockey and this goes to court! I just wanted to point out that both teams gooned up in the game. Hifk is well known for this in Finland. They even had a full size advertisement in one of the biggest papers in Finland wishing "Welcome to Helsinki Tuukka" to a player from another team. Who got attacked in the following game...
HIFK fans should really take off thoose sunglasses...
Again you are derailing this conversation... Hijacking this thread to be what HIFK is or isn't?

Stay on topic and stop making crap out. You sir have not contributed anything valid to this thread.

Step 1: Make a "HIFK's style of play - Goon or not to goon?" thread.
Step 2: Post your thoughts there.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Old
09-04-2012, 05:22 AM
goodoldhockeygame

http://www.suomikiekko.com/2012/09/n...uli-ylilyonti/

goodoldhockeygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Fat Doctor

Jokerit has apologized and promised that this will not happen again (by Kekäläinen), and Semir has publicly apologized Peltonen and wished him all the best. Semir also said it was his own, spontaneous choise, which he repents. Jokerit also informed, that Semir has been disciplined inside the organization.

Excellent job by Jokerit, but wait! Shouldn't HIFK take some responsibility of this? HIFK hasn't informed anything about the game in their website, only the result. No match report, nothing. HIFK was the one who came to away game, starting by punching one of our best players on the back of his head. Take your share of the responsibility, you pretentious little crybabies. Go ahead and tease the smaller teams, do that against Jokerit and you will get smashed (on the scoreboard too, as usual).

Old
09-04-2012, 08:38 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
Jokerit has apologized and promised that this will not happen again (by Kekäläinen), and Semir has publicly apologized Peltonen and wished him all the best. Semir also said it was his own, spontaneous choise, which he repents. Jokerit also informed, that Semir has been disciplined inside the organization.

Excellent job by Jokerit, but wait! Shouldn't HIFK take some responsibility of this? HIFK hasn't informed anything about the game in their website, only the result. No match report, nothing. HIFK was the one who came to away game, starting by punching one of our best players on the back of his head. Take your share of the responsibility, you pretentious little crybabies. Go ahead and tease the smaller teams, do that against Jokerit and you will get smashed (on the scoreboard too, as usual).
^This is what is wrong with people now days. If a matter is brought up for a discussion its either crying or hypocrite.

I've not once said that what HIFK did was all good but this topic isn't about the match in general or what HIFK has done in past, but the acts of Semir Ben-Amor.

You Jokerit fans and jonlin are just trying to turn this "Semir Ben-Amor chep-shot"-thread into a HIFK bashing thread for no reason. There has been no Jokerit bashing in this thread so I feel like it's just your lack of arguments over this matter that forces you to start derailing.

Like I said earlier, all the respect for Kekäläinen and what he has said, one of my favorite ice-hockey persons in the world but blaming fans here about what HIFK as an organisation has or hasn't done is just ignorant from your behalf.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
^This is what is wrong with people now days. If a matter is brought up for a discussion its either crying or hypocrite.

I've not once said that what HIFK did was all good but this topic isn't about the match in general or what HIFK has done in past, but the acts of Semir Ben-Amor.

You Jokerit fans and jonlin are just trying to turn this "Semir Ben-Amor chep-shot"-thread into a HIFK bashing thread for no reason. There has been no Jokerit bashing in this thread so I feel like it's just your lack of arguments over this matter that forces you to start derailing.

Like I said earlier, all the respect for Kekäläinen and what he has said, one of my favorite ice-hockey persons in the world but blaming fans here about what HIFK as an organisation has or hasn't done is just ignorant from your behalf.
Do you want me to open a new topic for HIFK's behaviour, or can you answer my previous post here? My post was harsh, but it had a real question to it; what is IFK going to do?

Then again, I'm what is wrong with people nowadays. What do I know?

Old
09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Iconia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The context doesn't remove Ben Amor from his responsibilities as a player or a human being. Regardless of the context Ben Amor acted in a cowardly and dangerous manner that was way outside the scope of acceptable behavior as well as the rules. The fact that he came up and attacked a player from behind and then beat him after he was unconscious is completely unacceptable.

It is in line with what Bertuzzi did to Moore and there simply can't be any excuse for such an act of cowardice.
I completely agree. I can honestly, as a Jokerit fan, say that what Ben-Amor did was not a hockey play. Not even remotely.

It surely has similarities to the Bertuzzi - Moore incident, though imo this one looked even worse. Of course, Moore suffered a lot worse injury since his neck broke, but at least Bertuzzi didn't keep on beating after the guy went down.

Iconia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 04:46 AM
goodoldhockeygame

http://www.suomikiekko.com/2012/09/p...ista-tapahtuu/

Old
09-05-2012, 01:05 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

European Trophy's suspensions:

Jokerit: Ben-Amor 5 games, Ruutu & Rita 1 game

HIFK: Melart 2 games, Liivik, Jokela & Salmi 1 game

SM-liiga still investigating.

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:31 PM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
European Trophy's suspensions:

Jokerit: Ben-Amor 5 games, Ruutu & Rita 1 game

HIFK: Melart 2 games, Liivik, Jokela & Salmi 1 game

SM-liiga still investigating.

I`d like to c :

Jokerit: Ben-Amor 20 games, Rita & Ruutu 1 game

HIFK: Salmi 10 games, Melart 3 games, Jokela & Liivik 2 games

Jokerit coach should get the same amount Ben-Amor gets - 20 games! Does anyone think a 4th liner is playing PP and jumping HIFK:s captain without being told to do so? The guy is fighting to get 3rd-4th line minutes and does as hes told.

HIFK coach should get 10 games. He also put his guys attacking Jokerits best players after the Peltonen-incident!

I`d fine both teams 200.000€/. Maybe this would stop this nonsense?

Old
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
I`d like to c :

Jokerit: Ben-Amor 20 games, Rita & Ruutu 1 game

HIFK: Salmi 10 games, Melart 3 games, Jokela & Liivik 2 games

Jokerit coach should get the same amount Ben-Amor gets - 20 games! Does anyone think a 4th liner is playing PP and jumping HIFK:s captain without being told to do so? The guy is fighting to get 3rd-4th line minutes and does as hes told.

HIFK coach should get 10 games. He also put his guys attacking Jokerits best players after the Peltonen-incident!

I`d fine both teams 200.000€/. Maybe this would stop this nonsense?
I see.

Why would Rita get penalized? He didnt drop his gloves, just got to a scrap with Jokela. Also Jokela shouldnt get anything, though he did drop his gloves.

Ben-Amor has said the attack was his own choice, Lämsä has said he didnt order anyone to do anything. True or false, doesnt matter. Until proven otherwise, Ben-Amor acted on his own.

200k€? Hah, that would be ridiculous. Also, FEL doesnt have the balls to punish the two flashiest teams like that.

-

By the way, I dont think Ben-Amor is just a random 4th-liner. He is physically excellent, one of the hardest hitters in Finland. In Jokerit, he has proven to be a decent point-scorer too. Last season, 9+6=15 with a minimum ice time. Also useful on powerplay, as he demonstrated in the first two European Trophy games.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:25 AM
goodoldhockeygame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Hi6VhSa7o&sns=fb

just to declare, im on neither side.....just found this vid posted somewhere.....