HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Lockout Thread Part I

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
FANonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
This is random but idk of u guys have seen the draft generators but in case of a lockout, jackets chances of getting 2 top 10 picks... Pretty damn good.
Better than our chance of getting the #1 overall pick this past year?

Old
09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
CBJSlash

If one more year of hockey gets wiped out in our lifetime -- this would be a good one.

Let the young players get older. The chances of the Rangers or Kings pick being in the top 20 increases greatly.

Maybe in 2 years we'll have a legit All-Star.

Does a year roll off the contracts? I don't remember what happened last time.

Old
09-01-2012, 01:08 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

I could not disagree more. This team has way to much going for it and losing this season could end up being a disaster.

09-01-2012, 01:17 PM
slightlystewpid420

Well all i know is that we will have 5 balls in the lottery if there is a lockout, 2 more than any other team. Saw one of em where we had 2 top 10 picks and the #14. Cant even imagine if that happened for us. If that were to happen the lockout would be worth it. To get 2 of any shinkaruk/monahan/jones/mackinnon/barkov could GREATLY increase our publicity and potential as a team in the league. Along with johansen and atkinson getting bigger and wiser. Lots of potential there imagine a jones and murray defense in 3 years. . .

Just did this one..

Pick 1: CHICAGO
Pick 2: COLUMBUS
Pick 3: WINNIPEG
Pick 4: NEW JERSEY
Pick 5: WASHINGTON
Pick 6: NEW YORK RANGERS (cbj)
Pick 7: CAROLINA
Pick 8: CALGARY
Pick 9: MINNESOTA
Pick 10: BOSTON
Pick 11: ANAHEIM
Pick 12: TORONTO
Pick 13: DETROIT
Pick 14: NEW YORK ISLANDERS
Pick 15: PHOENIX
Pick 16: FLORIDA
Pick 17: DALLAS
Pick 18: BUFFALO
Pick 19: MONTREAL
Pick 20: PHILADELPHIA
Pick 21: TAMPA BAY
Pick 22: VANCOUVER
Pick 23: OTTAWA
Pick 24: COLORADO
Pick 25: PITTSBURGH
Pick 26: SAN JOSE
Pick 27: ST. LOUIS
Pick 28: NASHVILLE
Pick 29: EDMONTON
Pick 30: LOS ANGELES (cbj)

I like it. CBJ with 2 top 6 picks.

what i dont like is washington with a top 10 pick and chicago with the #1...

http://www.draftpicklottery.com/lottery.php

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 09-01-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old
09-01-2012, 03:16 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Yes, a lockout would be so great for the future of the team because we have the best odds of winning the lottery of any team in the NHL. It's worked out well in the past...

Old
09-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Better than our chance of getting the #1 overall pick this past year?
Considerably worse, actually. Our chances of getting the 1st overall are around 10%.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Considerably worse, actually. Our chances of getting the 1st overall are around 10%.
I think he was sarcastically pointing out that, no matter how good the odds of getting two top-10 picks are, we will likely be screwed once again. Personally, I think if there's a lockout, we will automagically be relegated to having all three of our picks in the 20s. Yes, I even said automagically.

Old
09-02-2012, 08:34 AM
EspenK

I think Porty has a good framework to work from

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...asy-steps.html

And before anything else, decide exactly what hockey related revenue is.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:47 PM
slightlystewpid420

I guess we have to look at it like this. Do we have a better chance of LA and NYR finishing in the bottom 15 or us getting 2 spots in the lottery in the top 15?

Old
09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I guess we have to look at it like this. Do we have a better chance of LA and NYR finishing in the bottom 15 or us getting 2 spots in the lottery in the top 15?
I think the Kings are one of those teams that are primed for a major collapse. Why?

1. Jonathan Quick - Not only do I think his injury situation is a major reason why the team hasn't dealt Jonathan Bernier, but I think this lack of a preseason/early season workout will be a major hindrance on his season as a whole. You take away his stellar play throughout the year, and the Kings don't even make the playoffs.

2. The "Cup Hangover" - This team is chock full of guys known for taking off days as an excuse to set and challenge all sorts of drinking records. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards are just the beginning, really ... throw in Stanley Cup parties and see where it takes them.

3. Youthful Exuberance - This sort of goes with what I mentioned above, but I gave it its own category for beauty's sake. The Kings are still a very young team in this league ... what will matter is whether or not they can take this Cup run in stride and continue to strive for success. It happened in Pittsburgh and Chicago, where the kids came back with really less of a desire to win (though they clearly still have had great teams). I see the same thing with the Kings and their young core.

I love the fact that we held off on that pick until next year. Tanner Pearson may turn out to be a great draft day "steal" for them ... but I'm really curious to see what we get in this draft, which should be a very good one. I think it'll be a better player honestly.

Old
09-02-2012, 04:38 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Believe or not but fans of KHL arent happy for lockout in the most. They dont want NHL players in their league, maximum Russian stars, even not all Russian players. The managment of KHL doesnt want to make too much changes in reglement too. Why? Because they understand that lockout will finish maximum in December and players will go out back to NHL.... before PO in KHL. Plus players can play in Sweden only the whole season not part of the season so IMO the work will find only stars or really good players in Europe.

And where our players can play?

Anisimov.... lokomotiv Yaroslavl has his rights
Bobrovsky... SKA St. Petersburg has his rights (Metallurg Novokuznetsk saled his rights)
Nikitin... AK Bars Kazan has his rights (Avantgard Omsk saled his rights)
Tyutin.... no team doesnt have his rights
Prospal... no team doesnt have his rights
Kubalik... HC Plzeň 1929 has his rights
Erixon... Skellefteå AIK has his rights

Last edited by mt-svk: 09-02-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old
09-03-2012, 07:30 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 0
Bettman is a puppet controlled by the likes of Snider & Jacobs. Increased revenue sharing is good for the league, but there is no way these guys will allow it.

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...ettmans-bosses

Quote:
Boston owner Jeremy Jacobs and Philadelphia owner Ed Snider hold considerable sway with Bettman and are strongly opposed to revenue-sharing. Those clubs, along with Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, the New York Rangers, Toronto and Vancouver, would stand to lose the most revenue.

Old
09-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Happy Labor Day to all.

The end of summer and time to turn to thoughts of training camp.

Let's all HOPE/PRAY there is one.

I post, therefore I am.
Old
09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Matt

Based on what is going on with the negeotiations, there ain't gonna be a season again this year.

Old
09-03-2012, 06:48 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

I see that the NHL Board of Governors have a scheduled meeting. It would be nice to think some of the smaller market owners could convince Snider, Jacobs and the rest of the power brokers that increased revenue sharing is good for the NHL.

I'm not holding out much hope for that. The last time a concession was given to smaller market western clubs in the form of realignment under the guise of cutting travel expenses, the powerful owners of the Eastern Conference managed to make it mathematically easier for their teams to make the playoffs.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:51 AM
EDM

I really wish there was at least one small market owner willing to open up his month and make a scene at the meeting. With quite a bit of confidence I think it will not be MacJr.

Old
09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I really wish there was at least one small market owner willing to open up his month and make a scene at the meeting. With quite a bit of confidence I think it will not be MacJr.
I don't see how making a scene helps the image of the team.

Old
09-04-2012, 02:36 PM
EDM

Maybe it would make the point about how bad we are getting screwed by another lock out. If there is no All Star game, I see tickets for the 2013-2014 season dropping almost to the point of irrelevance, say 5000 or so. GNat would become an empty barn.

Old
09-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Matt

I really don't think either side cares. I believe the plan was to skip this season all along.

Old
09-04-2012, 03:15 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

The good news is this will give Mason another couple weeks to work off a few off-season pounds.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:06 PM
CBJfan4evr

Anybody see the players video Ecklund has up on hockeybuzz? Bet Skraut. Could put something like this together

Old
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
blahblah

So the Union wants to "snap back" to 57% of revenue at year 4? Very generous.

NHLPA in a nutshell. Modestly reduce the revenue share for a small windows, put the burden on the owners to funnel more money down to the lower revenue teams, and give the appearance we are being reasonable.

Owners. Well I am a large revenue team. Let's increase revenue in any way possible. Inflate the cap and kill other team by raising the floor to a point where they have a difficult time even breaking even. Then we giggle at the struggling teams.

Where does a lot of that revenue come from that are discussing? You and I. We are the suckers that buy tickets, parking, and pay $10 a beer. If we are really stupid we pay another $125 on a jersey, for each family member. Not to mention hats. Being a small market team, we are even dumber as we have almost no chance at the Cup. At least the money they get from TV deals and sponsorships are kind of free. Although advertising budgets make it down to bottom line in things we buy, albeit indirectly.

Yep. This is going to go well.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:50 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Per Michael Russo
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/168679476.html

Quote:
n last week’s proposal, the league got rid of the rollback request but asked players to put money into escrow that would essentially reduce their salaries and protect teams, like say the Wild, who are $12 million above the NHL’s current proposed salary cap level for next season.
This is why I have no sympathy and no support for the NHL plan. The Wild goes out and spends almost 200 mill to sign 2 guys, and would be 12 mill over the proposed cap. But they get bailed out by the NHL plan.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:31 AM
EspenK

From Puckrakers

"One of the first moves the Blue Jackets will make on Sept. 15 – if not CBA is in place – will be to send defenseman Ryan Murray back to his junior club..."

So if he goes can he come back before his junior team is done for the season? I'm thinking not but not sure. Anyone?

Old
09-06-2012, 07:41 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
From Puckrakers

"One of the first moves the Blue Jackets will make on Sept. 15 – if not CBA is in place – will be to send defenseman Ryan Murray back to his junior club..."

So if he goes can he come back before his junior team is done for the season? I'm thinking not but not sure. Anyone?
Historically no, but he and other junior players could be granted exception and go to the camps.

Closed Thread