HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

synergy sticks while killing penalties??

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
synergy sticks while killing penalties??

I noticed something last night. While killing a penalty, Shawn Horcoff broke his stick. It looked like one of those fancy sticks that allow you to shoot like Al McInnis the one time in 50 that it doesn't break.

My question is why does the oiler coaching staff allow those sticks on the ice while killing penalties? I saw 3 guys with fancy looking sticks and I am pretty sure they were the new type. When Shawn broke his stick, it was like we were 2 men short.

Old
12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Walsher

I think the Oielrs should not allow the majority of their players to use the 1 piece sticks. It is a proven fact that they are meant for elite puckhandling players due to the way the puck jumps off the stick even accepting passes. Watch some of the banger players, every pass bounces off their stick or at least goes out of control leading to turnovers. These sticks only benefit players that have the hands to use them effectively. To me that limits the Oilers list to Hemsky, Dvorak, and York. Geez, Oates doesn't even use them and he is notorious for being one of the best players with the puck, how on earth can some of these plugs continue using them. Be like Moreau - use a Synergy shaft with a wooden blade. Or just a wooden stick like Oates. IMO these 2 have been plaing the best lately and it seems as though stick choice may have a minor influence on that.

Old
12-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i know karyia and big AL went back to the wooden sticks

Old
12-04-2003, 04:18 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

they must have gotten tired of pierre mcguires rantings on tsn.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Oi'll say!

Good point, especially for guys who aren't scoring threats. They don't get any more dangerous with an extra 4 mph on their slapshot but the risk of them putting their team down a man by losing their stick is increased by 500%.

I like the one-piece composites for the pp because the officials insist on giving penalties to guys who chop those things in half. Then again, do the Oilers even want 5-3 pp's? They can't score on them either.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
They can't score on them either.
should be like Football where u can decline the PP

Closed Thread