HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

2012 NFC South Champions

View Poll Results: Who will win the NFC South?
Atlanta Falcons 30 54.55%
Carolina Panthers 12 21.82%
New Orleans Saints 12 21.82%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
What the Faulk
Auggie

vCash: 500
Beason, Davis and the Dline are actually healthy. They won't be great, but they'll be better. I don't buy Tampa being better for a second.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

vCash: 50
Saints
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs

I think it will be somewhat close to business as usual for the Saints. Yes we will miss Sean Payton, but I think we will soften the blow tremendously. Our OC Pete Carmichael Jr., took over all of the play calling after the Rams game and our offense averaged over 400 yards and 30+ points. Spags will take over the D and actually make it do something other than blitz(and not even get to the QB). Adding Lofton, Hawthorne and Bunkley will really help revamp our D. Our offense should be top-5 as usual.

I put the Panthers here because I think they may surprise. I like their offense. From Caaaaam to Stewart to Smith. Good enough O-line. Olsen serves as a pretty good receiving TE. Their D is a big question mark, but I think it may surprise. Their front 7 could be better than last year. Keuchly and Beason will make for a great ILB duo in their 3-4.

Atlanta I think will have a down year. Replacing Lofton with now Dent will be a downgrade in MLB, which is important in a 4-3(unless they move Weatherspoon). The biggest thing is I don't think they did very much to try fix the O-line, which was a problem last year. Turner and Gonzalez are also another year older. Julio Jones is also another year older so that is a plus.

I really didn't like the offseason the Bucs had. Their best addition was adding the best G in the game in Nicks. Definitely a positive and will really help the O-line. Apart from that, I don't think I liked their other additions. V-Jax is a nice receiver, but how will he do without a Philip Rivers throwing to him? This is a guy who has never had 68 receptions nor has he ever hit 10 TDs. Apart from that, Eric Wright was brought in to help their secondary. A #3 CB at best, brought in to shore up a secondary. I don't think he's all that good. They added some decent pieces through the draft, but also lost some talent in Tanard Jackson(no matter how stupid he is). All in all, even with Schiano's new attitude(which awesome), I think this team is in for some serious growing pains. Especially is McCoy's health concerns continue. The guy has finished his first two seasons on IR. He needs to stay healthy.

09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Went with Saints

Even with all the issues for Saints with the scandal and a leaky D ,, They still have the best offense in division

Also still not sold on the Falcons hype nor on Matt Ryan as the guy to lead the Falcons to next level

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Gootie
GOATie

Saints
Panthers
Falcons
Bucs

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
ATL 10-6
NO 9-7
TB 7-9
CAR 7-9

The Falcons will have another Falcons type season, good, but certainly not great. Probably another 1st round loss. They will be good enough to win this division though.

It will be really fascinating to see how the Saints do after all that has happened. But at the end of the day, IT'S A PASSING LEAGUE, and they have Brees. That's good enough to get them to 9 wins and barely miss out on a WC berth.

Tampa is an under the radar team. They completely quit on Raheem Morris last year, one of the most blatant quit jobs I can remember. Hard to forget they were 10-6 the year before and were 4-2 early last year. Add in a seemingly decent new coach, FA pickups like VJax and Nicks and they should be better.

Love Carolina's offence, but that defence is just not ready yet for winning football.
Taking the Falcons to win the division. Saints, the suspensions are on defense, so the offense will be fine, but sooner or later you have to stop the opposition.

Think the Bucs can rebound with a good season.

Expect ATL to finish with about 11 or 12 wins.
Saints to be 9-7.
Bucs and panthers between 7-9 or 8-8.

Street Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote