HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Yandle Bars GM Connected League - FREE AGENCY, 11 TEAMS CAN BE AVAILABLE

Old
09-04-2012, 01:20 AM
phil steve

vCash: 500
I totally disagree with not being able to play the cpu if your opponent isn't available.

what you said about having a bad team win the cup is completely true the other way around as well. someone sucks at the game but has a good team. doesn't make them self available to play then ends up with an amazing record because of a bunch of sim wins.

when I joined the league I was assuming we would play the majority of our game but from the looks of things the amount of games that are going to be simmed could cause you to miss the playoffs which is pretty ridiculous.

phil steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil steve View Post
I totally disagree with not being able to play the cpu if your opponent isn't available.

what you said about having a bad team win the cup is completely true the other way around as well. someone sucks at the game but has a good team. doesn't make them self available to play then ends up with an amazing record because of a bunch of sim wins.

when I joined the league I was assuming we would play the majority of our game but from the looks of things the amount of games that are going to be simmed could cause you to miss the playoffs which is pretty ridiculous.
You play the computer, it's a free win.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 04:11 PM
phamJET

I thought we are playing on superstar level, so how is it a free win?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
You play the computer, it's a free win.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

We are, once you guys are going to get used to the game, you will beat computer's no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamJET View Post
I thought we are playing on superstar level, so how is it a free win?

Old
09-04-2012, 07:08 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

@Yandle Bars

I'm only saying this because im your friend but you are trying to make this more the way you want it than the way others want it. Saying that they will be kicked instantly is a little over the top. I say to be fair we should vote/decide if we want to play the CPU (on Superstar) or have the game simmed.

Example: if the opponent you are playing is not there within 3 days then we will ask him if he would rather the opponent if he would rather have it simmed or CPU played

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Jeremyisgood

QUESTIONAIRE:
1. How many games will you like to play? (Max is 82) 25
2. Rate your skill level in the NHL series from 1-10? 4
3. How many hours per day will you be on (or week) As many as I need to.
4. Are you happy with your team? Yes
5. Any vacations or where you will be away from your Xbox? Let me know. Nope
6. Any other friends interested in joining your squad? I'll probably have a few.
7. Do you have a microphone? Yes
8. Your knowledge of hockey in general, from 1-10? 6-7

If your opponent doesn't care if you play against their computer, then they should probably be allowed to. But Yandle Bars is right. Eventually you just beat the computer on superstar mode. Hopefully, everyone just plays their games, and all is well. It's not like we can play all 82 games with 30 people involved. There will be some simming going on.

Jeremyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:14 PM
TBLbrian

before we get started we should do a check in. also start up a chatzy maybe?

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:55 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLbrian View Post
before we get started we should do a check in. also start up a chatzy maybe?
sure i agree

Old
09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

How about you can play the computer 20 times a season? And only if there is no way the other player can play you. I just want to sim games because if we don't the seasons will take FOREVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensAreReligion View Post
@Yandle Bars

I'm only saying this because im your friend but you are trying to make this more the way you want it than the way others want it. Saying that they will be kicked instantly is a little over the top. I say to be fair we should vote/decide if we want to play the CPU (on Superstar) or have the game simmed.

Example: if the opponent you are playing is not there within 3 days then we will ask him if he would rather the opponent if he would rather have it simmed or CPU played

Old
09-04-2012, 11:50 PM
TBLbrian

i think we should wait until major announcements are made to explain how this is going to work before we get anything decided

Old
09-04-2012, 11:57 PM
phamJET

How about, on the 4th day, before it ends, if you cant play your opponent, your opponent has the option to play against your AI, if your opponent cant play against your AI, the commish sims, and we move on.

this way we can move the league at a fast pace, and it doesnt punish players who make time for the game.
Quote:
How about you can play the computer 20 times a season? And only if there is no way the other player can play you. I just want to sim games because if we don't the seasons will take FOREVER.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:12 AM
TBLbrian

what if we did the schedule as a home and home format? so you play a series against someone and work out the times with them. and if they cant make it they can use the app on their phone to manage it

Old
09-05-2012, 12:47 AM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
How about, on the 4th day, before it ends, if you cant play your opponent, your opponent has the option to play against your AI, if your opponent cant play against your AI, the commish sims, and we move on.

this way we can move the league at a fast pace, and it doesnt punish players who make time for the game.
i like it, i like it alot

Old
09-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Falco5

I agree with the Commish. I believe most players will be able to regularly beat the computer on superstar once they get used to the game. There are going to be lots of times when players schedules don't line up. How do you decide which owner gets to play the computer? If you are an owner, why would you ever agree to allow another owner to play in person against your team being controlled by a computer.

I think it should be fairly obvious if people are avoiding games and those people should be removed from the league and replaced.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
TBLbrian

But if we don't get schedules to match up it's unfair to lose out on games because of someone else.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Here's the deal.

- 5 days in real life to play, 2 weeks of the game.

- You have 4 days to play as many games as you want against other people ONLINE.

- If there is games still available on the 5th day, and the opposing player is not on. You can play the computer. ONE GAME

- Any other games will be simmed.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
But if we don't get schedules to match up it's unfair to lose out on games because of someone else.
Can you see the problem of your opponent being unavailable to play for 4 and a half of the 5 day, then logging on with 3 hours left and trying to play the computer all the time? You were available to play your games all 5 of those days(just not at 11pm on day 5), and now you just got shutout. That doesn't seem "fair". I think we all want to avoid "cheapness".

Old
09-05-2012, 11:53 PM
TBLbrian

i agree. i just want to make sure we can all play all of the games, I hope this works out. we should make a zetaboard so its easier to follow then HFboards

Old
09-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
i agree. i just want to make sure we can all play all of the games, I hope this works out. we should make a zetaboard so its easier to follow then HFboards
I will make a chat, do you know any good chat websites?

Old
09-06-2012, 01:46 AM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
I will make a chat, do you know any good chat websites?
Facebook group? Just an idea obviously, maybe some people dont have it though

Old
09-06-2012, 01:48 AM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
Here's the deal.

- 5 days in real life to play, 2 weeks of the game.

- You have 4 days to play as many games as you want against other people ONLINE.

- If there is games still available on the 5th day, and the opposing player is not on. You can play the computer. ONE GAME

- Any other games will be simmed.
Good, i think this is perfect (i wont even play CPU)

Old
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Falco5

I really don't like the idea of playing the computer. How does one decide which team gets to play the computer? The first to sign on when the calender hits the 5th day? That hardly seems fair. I don't believe one should ever be able to play the computer, however if we are going to allow playing the computer, it should only be allowed in the situation where someone does not respond to a message.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:33 PM
phamJET

well originally you had 4 days to complete your schedule of games, the 5th day was added because it rewarded people who made time for the game, and it allows the commish a hard deadline to commit to. So after 4 days, and at the start of the 5th day, everyone is allowed to play the AI of their opponent with out consent.

we are playing on superstar, its not gonna be a cake walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
I really don't like the idea of playing the computer. How does one decide which team gets to play the computer? The first to sign on when the calender hits the 5th day? That hardly seems fair. I don't believe one should ever be able to play the computer, however if we are going to allow playing the computer, it should only be allowed in the situation where someone does not respond to a message.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
phil steve

its all about communication. if you're trying to get ahold of a guy and you don't hear anything back from him for 3 or 4 days you should be allowed to play the computer as your opponent hasn't even made an effort. hopefully this doesn't happen very often but with 30 guys in the league I could imagine there will be a couple guys that don't communicate very well hopefully there weeded out sooner than later and it doesn't become an issue.

phil steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
well originally you had 4 days to complete your schedule of games, the 5th day was added because it rewarded people who made time for the game, and it allows the commish a hard deadline to commit to. So after 4 days, and at the start of the 5th day, everyone is allowed to play the AI of their opponent with out consent.

we are playing on superstar, its not gonna be a cake walk.
I think for the most part, if you're not playing your games, someone is more than willing to take over your spot as GM. There's pretty high demand for this mode on here.