HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA / Lockout Discussion Thread (Update: player tested, owner approved)

Old
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

vCash: 500
I saw the proposal to bring the cap down to 58. According to capgeek.com were at around 63. Would they be able to buy out Ohlund? What do you guys think we would do if this went through?

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:30 PM
TurboBrick

The only way to cap goes down is if it also includes everyone taking an equal % pay cut across the board.

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

I think its gonna come down but how much is the question. This first proposal was a starting point. Im sure it will go down but not a whole lot. Not down to 58 lol.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:33 PM
LightningStrikes

Dreger:
Quote:
The cap for 2012-13 - projected to be $70.2 million under the existing CBA - would be cut to a fixed $58 million under the latest proposal.

That number would rise to a fixed $60 million in 2013-14 and then to a fixed $62 million the following year.

Projected cap numbers for the final three years of the deal include: $64.2 million in 2015-16, $67.6 million in 2016-17 and $71.1 million in 2017-18.

The league's proposal did not include an across-the-board reduction (or "rollback") to existing contract values. Necessary adjustments would be financed entirely from a combination of modified contracting practices, increases in league-wide revenue and from the players' Escrow contributions.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404044

Quote:
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
There will be a conference call @5:30 pm EST today between negotiating committee,executive board & players to discuss NHL proposal. #TSN
https://twitter.com/aaronward_nhl

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Well at least they are negotiating. Thats a good sign. They really just need to get into the same room and dont leave until they get it done. Too big of egos involved for that though.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:56 PM
chasespace

I wonder if anyone has suggested a caphit roll back? Allows teams to get under the new cap ceiling, players don't lose their money.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:29 PM
BoltSTH

Usually by now I have my tickets. I presume they will not go out until there is a CBA.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 10:19 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Usually by now I have my tickets. I presume they will not go out until there is a CBA.
Nah, last i've heard is that they're going out post-RNC. They've been in the building since mid-July and its really thrown a cog in some things.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:01 PM
ultra63

"Steven Stamkos’ BioSteel camp shootout goal might be only NHL-related highlight for

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7393--nhl.html

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:24 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Sucks that the NHL is gonna waste a year of Stamkos.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:29 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
Sucks that the NHL is gonna waste a year of Stamkos.
That's honestly my biggest problem with this whole thing. Stamkoses don't grow on trees.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
The YzerJesus
HoseEmAllAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
That's honestly my biggest problem with this whole thing. Stamkoses don't grow on trees.
I believe the proper plural is Stamki

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:08 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Ron MacLean: No Lockout

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...n-maclean.html

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
That would be the greatest gift for me today..

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

YESS PLEASE BE TRUEE

Old
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

"Setting the Record Straight: CBA Myths vs. Facts" from the NHLPA.com's Staff

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/headlines/...yths-vs.-facts

Quote:
With a vast amount of information available on the state of current CBA negotiations, it can be difficult to separate myth from fact. Here is a useful chart that breaks down some of the most common myths on CBA negotiations.

Old
09-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I Am Beat You

The NHLPA is not the MLBPA.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
The NHLPA is not the MLBPA.
They did get Donald Fehr.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Probably the worst possible thing we could have read. Since when is Ron MacLean correct on ANYTHING?

As for season tickets...ugh...usually thats one of my favorite days of the year. I feel like getting them in the mail this year is going to be a big reminder of the suckage happening right now.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...medium=twitter
Quote:
"Usually time takes care of things like this," W Marty St. Louis said at the Ice Sports Forum. "But am I worried? Yeah, absolutely."
Quote:
"There's not really a partnership. There's bickering back and forth, and that's what we're trying to get rid of," said RW B.J. Crombeen, part of the union's negotiating committee. "It's frustrating they're not willing to talk right now."
Quote:
Players also are upset that the framework of the league's updated proposal cuts the players' share of hockey-related revenues from 57 percent to 46. Under the current agreement, players gave back 24 percent of salaries after the 2004-05 lockout.

"You can only … take so much," LW Ryan Malone said.

Said D Marc-Andre Bergeron: "It's frustrating. We gave them what they wanted, and all of a sudden it's not good enough. We're not the only one who should make sacrifices. It seems like we're too good of guys. They try to take advantage of us because they know what we gave the last time, I guess."
Quote:
For St. Louis, the concern is an extended lockout would cost the league the steam that in the past seven seasons helped it increase revenue from $2.1 billion to $3.3 billion.

"We have so much momentum as a league," he said. "It didn't happen overnight. Players are working harder than ever off the ice, and I think there's a direct correlation with how good the product is on the ice and how much the game has grown."

Even so, St. Louis said, "Last time we lost a full season to get (the owners') deal. If we have to sit, we'll sit. That's how I feel."

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:03 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
The Winnipeg Jets publicly acknowledged the potential of a league-wide work stoppage on Thursday, sending a message to their stakeholders, partners and season ticket holders to be prepared for possible cancellations of games and team events.

"As you may be aware from recent reports in the media, the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association are currently engaged in the process of negotiating a successor Collective Bargaining Agreement to their current Agreement, which expires Saturday, September 15th, 2012," read a team email from True North president and CEO Jim Ludlow and senior vice president of sales and marketing Norva Riddell.

"Although it is the League's objective to successfully conclude negotiations for the new Agreement by September 15th, it is possible this may not occur."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404654

Quote:
While the stalemate continues between the NHL and NHLPA, there has been one encouraging sign of late. NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr met for dinner Wednesday night.

"Steve and I had dinner last night and conversed on a whole range of subjects," Daly told ESPN.com via email Thursday. "I think it's safe to say that we are both trying to find ways in which we might be able to meaningfully advance the process."

Although it is not an uncommon occurrence -- the two have dined together often throughout the negotiation process (insert joke about how they split the check here) -- it is a sign that there is an open line of communication between the two camps as a lockout looms.

No further meetings have been scheduled yet, but there is expected to be more informal dialogue between the league and the union over the next few days. Although there are no guarantees talks will resume soon, both sides will be active next week.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...eet-for-dinner

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 02:09 AM
CC321

Fehr tried using hypnosis on Bettman, but failed.

Last edited by CC321: 09-10-2012 at 01:46 AM.
CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 134
I will be IR8AF if we miss a single game of this season.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:41 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

It's getting pretty damn ugly now. Daly saying Fehr doesn't have a clue. The PA filing with individual provinces to keep teams from locking out players. Bleh.

I was hopeful that maybe we would have a least a shortened season, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
It's getting pretty damn ugly now. Daly saying Fehr doesn't have a clue. The PA filing with individual provinces to keep teams from locking out players. Bleh.

I was hopeful that maybe we would have a least a shortened season, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.
Should the PA not use Quebec law in their favor? From what I understand, the league can still lockout, but Montreal still might have to pay their players, which should severely weaken the league's leverage, and I think it's them, not the PA, who are being hardasses about this whole thing.

On a semi-related note, Gary Bettman better not make it into the HHOF. He's done more than anyone to ensure fewer games have been played. That's not what a legend of the sport does.

Can Bettman not lose games this time around? He was there for the 94 shortened season, 05's complete shutdown, and potentially this.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 09-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.