HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourque out for 8 to 12 weeks

Old
08-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Colby Armstrong is not a top 6 forward, solid 3rd liner when healthy but far from being as top 6
Yes but he's proven to be a relatively good ES offensive threat when healthy. Unless we see a huge campaign from a prospect at camp he's the best bet to manage as a temporary fill in on wings.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
When you have injuries you end up with 3rd line players in the top-6.
Might be Galchenyuk chance to get the 9 games and play him on the top 2 lines

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

I've never been sold on White as an ofensive player. As for his defense, I think RW on the 4th line is his best chance. It won't be many seasons before White is no longer on the roster.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Fair enough.

I see as an absolute need for a 4th line center to be elite as far as face off are concerned. That, and defensive acumen. White isn't bad in the latter, but he isn't great either. I see white as a future Neil kind of player so I love him and have a lot of expectations, but he still has ways to go...

As for your last paragraph, palushaj NEEDS to be given a proper chance, I've seen the flashes. Before selling, he needs a proper shot in a role. He is suited for, not 3rd or 4th line mind of ********...
Agreed. During training camp practices last season, I remember reading several articles after each practice that talked about him being a bright spot and sometimes even stealing the show. He went glove side on Price a couple of times, including a breakaway on his knees. The kid has talent that is untapped and he absolutely needs that chance. I just hope they do not D'Agostini him though. In that reference, I mean give him his shot, watch him do well and even put up production, and then drop him like a bag of rocks.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:18 PM
OneSharpMarble

Hopefully he comes back strong and puts all his detractors to shame. The guy was a excellent power forward not long ago and flames fans thought he would replace Iginla. That skill doesn't just go away.

I am happy we got Bourque and wonderhow long he was suffering with this injury. Too bad he didn't have the surjery much sooner.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:34 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Hopefully he comes back strong and puts all his detractors to shame. The guy was a excellent power forward not long ago and flames fans thought he would replace Iginla. That skill doesn't just go away.

I am happy we got Bourque and wonderhow long he was suffering with this injury. Too bad he didn't have the surjery much sooner.
RDS mentioned his injury occurred during summer training. That is the reason why his surgery happened now.

This team is unable to stay away from injuries... unbelievable

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Problem with Bourque is not his skill, you should know that.

Also, he should have put his detractors (Flames fans) to shame when he was traded to Montreal. He had something to prove. He had a bad rep way before coming to Montreal. Usually, a player that just got traded can react two ways, give your best to your new team and prove your ex-team that they were wrong to trade you, like Latendresse and Pouliot did, or showing complete disinterested and give a very poor effort because you didn't want to get trade. Bourque chose the latter.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

Also, he should have put his detractors (Flames fans) to shame when he was traded to Montreal. He had something to prove. He had a bad rep way before coming to Montreal. Usually, a player that just got traded can react two ways, give your best to your new team and prove your ex-team that they were wrong to trade you, like Latendresse and Pouliot did, or showing complete disinterested and give a very poor effort because you didn't want to get trade. Bourque chose the latter.
When he got here the team was a ball of fire headed for the toilet. I didn't expect him to lift a team that was in a stage of complete change.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
RDS mentioned his injury occurred during summer training. That is the reason why his surgery happened now.

This team is unable to stay away from injuries... unbelievable
Number 17's curse !!!! Bourque asked for this # over the Summer.... We all know it's a BAD number.... Brunet, Laraque.....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 11:42 PM
ericd

Andrei Kostitsyn could be a good option for Rene Bourque replacement

ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
When he got here the team was a ball of fire headed for the toilet. I didn't expect him to lift a team that was in a stage of complete change.
Still doesn't excuse his lack of effort, interest and commitment. I know the team wasn't doing great but it didn't prevent MaxPac, DD, Cole, Plekanec to produce at a good rate. He had something to prove and he didn't prove it. Actually, he just confirmed why he got his bad reputation of being lazy. He even managed to drop on the third line... While Plekanec was still looking to have a decent winger to play with on the 2nd line.

Old
09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Still doesn't excuse his lack of effort, interest and commitment. I know the team wasn't doing great but it didn't prevent MaxPac, DD, Cole, Plekanec to produce at a good rate. He had something to prove and he didn't prove it. Actually, he just confirmed why he got his bad reputation of being lazy. He even managed to drop on the third line... While Plekanec was still looking to have a decent winger to play with on the 2nd line.
Doesn't change the fact that a puck jumping over his stick, or just being deflected would have gotten him 3-5 more goals. Not too mention him setting up teammates who had the same thing happened which prevented him from picking up 3-5 assists.

Furthermore, he helped us in the shootout. An aspect of the game which we were dreadful in and cost us a whole lot of points. He preformed well on the pk and back checked hard. However, when you want to be lazy and only see the bad from the players you might as well watch the boxscore because that's all you and most of the other people on here did.

Yes, let's complain and get rid of him after 38 games. Then, when he sucks there for a bit and then regains his form we can all cry like every one of us wanted him to stay.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 10:27 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn could be a good option for Rene Bourque replacement
No he won't...geeez get over it. He is NOT comming back here thank goodness.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 11:03 AM
76ftw

Quote:

He was playing on a team that wasn't going anywhere, with a coach who was done at the end of the season. Yea may as well judge him. He'll never be good again may as well just cut him.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Doesn't change the fact that a puck jumping over his stick, or just being deflected would have gotten him 3-5 more goals. Not too mention him setting up teammates who had the same thing happened which prevented him from picking up 3-5 assists.

Furthermore, he helped us in the shootout. An aspect of the game which we were dreadful in and cost us a whole lot of points. He preformed well on the pk and back checked hard. However, when you want to be lazy and only see the bad from the players you might as well watch the boxscore because that's all you and most of the other people on here did.

Yes, let's complain and get rid of him after 38 games. Then, when he sucks there for a bit and then regains his form we can all cry like every one of us wanted him to stay.

Wait wait.. are you saying that he played relatively well for us last season but was just unlucky because the pucks were bouncing over his stick or his linesmates sucked too much or were also unlucky to finish his play? I know you said stats doesn't tell the whole team but Bourque's stats does give good indication of his play last year with us. 8 points in almost half season, yeah, there's nothing to be worry about. He apparently played just as well and hard as Patches, DD, Cole and Plekanec, he was just unlucky. And even if he was unlucky, let's say it gives him 7-8 pts more.. that would give him 16pts in 38 games. Wow! Big deal. His production just went from a 4th liner to a 3rd liner.

By the way, I have already state that I'm willing to give him another chance next season because everybody deserves a 2nd chance and he didn't play in the best condition last year but willing to give him another chance doesn't mean I think he effort level of last season was acceptable. You seem to be rather satisfied with his performance last year, I don't.

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 09-02-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
09-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Might be Galchenyuk chance to get the 9 games and play him on the top 2 lines
He might not even last 9 games...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
He might not even last 9 games...
Heh true that. Don't feel like seeing another knee injury.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
habitue*

Darche would look good on the lw with Plekanec and Gionta...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:50 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Number 17's curse !!!! Bourque asked for this # over the Summer.... We all know it's a BAD number.... Brunet, Laraque.....
but also:
Rod Langway
Craig Ludwig
John Leclair

and for the young at heart
Murray Wilson
Jean Guy Talbot
Phil Roberto

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 05:19 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
17? Isn't he 27?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 04:26 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
17? Isn't he 27?
He switched to 17 this summer.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote