HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins have offer on table for Yandle (Link)

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
I don't doubt Boston's interest. I think a Thomas+Krejci for Yandle trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:06 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Boston certainly has the expendable assets to get a guy of Yandle's calibre. Personally, I'd hate to see them add Yandle at the expense of Krejci. I'm not sold on Krejci being a #1 center.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
rypper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I don't doubt Boston's interest. I think a Thomas+Krejci for Yandle trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.
How does this make sense for Phoenix specifically the inclusion of Thomas? Did something happen to Mike Smith?

Old
09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
How does this make sense for Phoenix specifically the inclusion of Thomas? Did something happen to Mike Smith?
Cap floor, I presume. Phoenix acquires Thomas' rights, ask him to play and when he turns them down suspends him, and artificially they end up adding $5 million to their cap number without paying a cent.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
No kidding, TT means little to Phoenix. Phoenix doesn't NEED to trade yandle so if someone is inquiring they want pieces that help them, not piece that may or may not play next year and even if they did, Mike Smith is still alive. TT as a cap dump? Sure but not as an actual value piece.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Cap floor, I presume. Phoenix acquires Thomas' rights, ask him to play and when he turns them down suspends him, and artificially they end up adding $5 million to their cap number without paying a cent.
I guess, but it's a little premature. The way NHL is talking is that they want a rollback anyway and the deviation might be much smaller than it is now.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:56 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
No kidding, TT means little to Phoenix. Phoenix doesn't NEED to trade yandle so if someone is inquiring they want pieces that help them, not piece that may or may not play next year and even if they did, Mike Smith is still alive. TT as a cap dump? Sure but not as an actual value piece.
i think the idea is that phoenix would get thomas' cap hit without having to pay his salary. That might help them out depending on where the cap floor falls (they're ~9.5M under the floor right now, even signing doan wont get them there as it stands)

Old
09-04-2012, 05:58 PM
P U L L H A R D

Unless Boston is trading away a defenseman in the deal, or in another deal, they will have too many defensemen on the team. Hamilton is making it this year.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Unless Boston is trading away a defenseman in the deal, or in another deal, they will have too many defensemen on the team. Hamilton is making it this year.
Trust me, it's no problem... Chiarelli is in no rush. With Yandle, the team would be more competitive and he can control Dougie's ice time even more by playing him here and there.

Ference and McQuaid are also pretty injury prone... Having too many defensemen is a problem I think all of us Bruins fans could deal with. Especially after seeing Corvo and Zanon in the playoffs...Yikes.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
JVR21
G

at CSNNE. What a disgrace.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Aucoin11*

Even if this was real, Yandle would probably get ripped apart by bruins fans.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Yandle is Phil Housely. I'd love the Bruins getting easier to play against, and a team like the Coyotes quietly rolling three very strong lines.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

So we're seeing talk of "Yandle is overrated" from a few users, one of which specially mentionned advanced stats.

I was unable to watch any of the Phoenix games in the playoffs this year (and that's about the only time I'll watch them) so how about some numbers to back up the claim that Yandle isn't as good as his production indicates?

Old
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Aucoin11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
So we're seeing talk of "Yandle is overrated" from a few users, one of which specially mentionned advanced stats.

I was unable to watch any of the Phoenix games in the playoffs this year (and that's about the only time I'll watch them) so how about some numbers to back up the claim that Yandle isn't as good as his production indicates?
It isn't about the production as much as the defensive performance.

Go back and watch wings goals from the 2011 series. Yandle did not look good. And those goal highlights don't even show a number of other revealing defensive gaps and turnovers that didn't show up on the scoresheet.

Moreover, in one year he was surpassed, in terms of defensive matchups, by what was essentially a rookie in OEL. Obviously, this shouldn't be a slight as much as it is a compliment towards OEL, but it does speak volumes in a sense to the gaping hole in Yandle's game that is his own zone.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I noticed Yandle icing the puck A LOT during the playoffs. Is this a common thing when he's under pressure?

Old
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close19 View Post
While it wasn't the first time that Yandle's name has been linked to the Bruins, a tweet over the weekend from @*************** brought it back to the surface when he tweeted

why is this considered a rumour when this guys uses hackey insider as a source

Old
09-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
His traditional numbers look good on paper until you get into how he put up those numbers and against who.

The whole point of advanced stats is to put the numbers into perspective and not artificially inflate a players value. I don't think advanced stats can be used to make someone a paper tiger, they're pretty good at getting at a players true value imo.
I understood the point above before I made my original comment. My take on it is that advanced stats and stats in general in hockey can be more misleading than any other sport. I would much rather watch a guy for a few games and get some simple totals and facts for a large smaple size than use advanced stats.

That sort of scouting and data is more useful for forecasting adaptability and success across different systems, team mates and roles than advanced stats IMO.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Jeff L

I'm not crazy about this trade. I like Yandle well enough but without Krejci, there's a pretty big hole in the Bruins' top six.

However, I could see this working out if they had plans to roll Chara, Yandle, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, and Hamilton with Krug or Cross as a seventh d-man. Then, trade Ference (or Boychuk) and a high pick for another forward. This clears some of the log-jam in the defense department and would hopefully provide an upgrade to the top six (I'd trade for a veteran type player who might need a change of scenery to light a fire under his ass, no names come to mind though).

Lucic - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - ?
Caron - Kelly - Peverley
Pie - Soup - Sugar
Spooner/Knight

Chara - Yandle
Boychuk - Seidenberg
McQuaid - Hamilton
Krug/Cross

Old
09-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Kershaw

Good. Good.

Let them dismantle their team for Wideman 2.0.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
underslept
well-informed

Unless Boston is shipping back a defenseman or decent defensive prospect, this rumor is going to fizzle.

Phoenix is going to need some defense too...

Old
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
SSoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Good. Good.

Let them dismantle their team for Wideman 2.0.
Says the man whose team gave up multiple assets for a 30 goal scorer who makes 7.8 mil a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
Unless Boston is shipping back a defenseman or decent defensive prospect, this rumor is going to fizzle.

Phoenix is going to need some defense too...
No we don't need any more defence we have so many young players on D ready for the NHL thats why were able afford to ship Yandle if the right package comes along, it will only be for a #1 C.

Again H-I is a 17 year old high school kid in Quebec. http://goo.gl/b5lrw

Old
09-04-2012, 09:29 PM
OneSharpMarble

The only question now is why does Phoenix want Krejci?

They could do much better for Yandle.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Closed due to the article sourcing **************

Closed Thread