HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
I hope we get the same return back as we paid for Schoenmaker. At least. Make it essentially Braithwaite for Schoenmakers straight up.

I'd probably have just traded Braithwaite and kept the net picks. I don't see what Schoenmakers really adds to the team. I suspect this means Alonge will not be kept. Other current RW's - Ionin, Ho-Sang, Czinder, Bilcke, Smith and Maletta. I assume Maletta will play center for us this season, probably center the third line but it still means Ionin, Ho-Sang, Czinder and now Schoenmakers make up our RW corps with Bilcke, Smith and Graham as the odd men out.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Spitsfan67*

Spits SHOULD take a run at Pallazze in Kitchener trade Kuchmey,Ebert and someone.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Spits SHOULD take a run at Pallazze in Kitchener trade Kuchmey,Ebert and someone.
I would not give up on Ebert yet
After a summer of training it appears he finally gets it
I am very interested to see how he plays with Seiloff,he could breakout like he did when he was a rookie 2 years ago

Old
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Ottomatic

Rychel|Vail|Ho-Sang
Johnson|Clarke|Schoenmakers
Marchese|Maletta|Czinder
Bilcke|Studnicka|Ionin

I don't know if an import is going to happy with fourth line duties. I wonder if Czinder is on his way out still. Put Ionin with Marchese/Maletta and have Verbeek play with Bilcke/Studnicka.

On defence I think Bowen makes the team as our #6. Do we go with McNaughton as the #7 or have one of the rookies - Brown or Sanvido up with the team but playing irregularly?

Sieloff-Ebert
Posa-Bateman
Devlin-Bowen

Old
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I hope we get the same return back as we paid for Schoenmaker. At least. Make it essentially Braithwaite for Schoenmakers straight up.

I'd probably have just traded Braithwaite and kept the net picks. I don't see what Schoenmakers really adds to the team. I suspect this means Alonge will not be kept. Other current RW's - Ionin, Ho-Sang, Czinder, Bilcke, Smith and Maletta. I assume Maletta will play center for us this season, probably center the third line but it still means Ionin, Ho-Sang, Czinder and now Schoenmakers make up our RW corps with Bilcke, Smith and Graham as the odd men out.
Dont see how his 26 goals wont help Otto he comes here with the 2nd most goals behind Rychel
Windsor fans will love his grit as well
With the unexpected loss of Koko some more offense is required
You are probably right about Alonge his days might be numbered might be moved to Erie I know they liked him last year

Old
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
big papa

with the trades WR made that means Bowen, Brown, McNaughton, Sandvido will be batleing for the 6th/7th spots as we now have Ebert, Sieloff, Posa, Devlin, Bateman as are top 5. Could see Bowen and McNaughton make the team out of camp to give both Sanvido and Brown some top 4 mins down in Junior B to start the season

Old
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
big papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Dont see how his 26 goals wont help Otto he comes here with the 2nd most goals behind Rychel
Windsor fans will love his grit as well
With the unexpected loss of Koko some more offense is required
You are probably right about Alonge his days might be numbered might be moved to Erie I know they liked him last year
would get us a pic back that we traded for Marchese

Old
Ottomatic

^Schoenmakers is a mucker/garbage goal type though isn't he? I guess he'll work with our dump and cycle team but we need creators offensively. Ho-Sang, Ionin, Czinder and now Schoenmakers - who plays on the 4th line?

Old
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Rychel|Vail|Ho-Sang
Marchese|Maletta|Czinder
Bilcke|Studnicka|Ionin

I don't know if an import is going to happy with fourth line duties. I wonder if Czinder is on his way out still. Put Ionin with Marchese/Maletta and have Verbeek play with Bilcke/Studnicka.

On defence I think Bowen makes the team as our #6. Do we go with McNaughton as the #7 or have one of the rookies - Brown or Sanvido up with the team but playing irregularly?

Sieloff-Ebert
Posa-Bateman
Devlin-Bowen
Upfront Ionin has to earn top 9 minutes which is why I would not move Czinder yet
On the D I see your question 1 of Brown or Sanvido goes to Jr B while Mcnaughton may start the year here
Will have to see how things shake out

Old
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
^Schoenmakers is a mucker/garbage goal type though isn't he? I guess he'll work with our dump and cycle team but we need creators offensively. Ho-Sang, Ionin, Czinder and now Schoenmakers - who plays on the 4th line?
I think Ionin starts on the 4th line with Bilcke and Studnicka,to open the season

Old
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Jackman

Quote:
Rychel|Vail|Ho-Sang
Marchese|Maletta|Czinder
Bilcke|Studnicka|Ionin

Sieloff-Ebert
Posa-Bateman
Devlin-Bowen
I still think Schoenmakers plays on a line with Ho-Sang and Rychel. The spits didn't have a top six type of forward that could also provide grit and protection. There is no way Rychel can be Ho-Sang's protector and he definitely needs one.

As for Bowen he needs to go and open up a spot for Savido or Brown. Bowen just isn't that good.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
I still think Schoenmakers plays on a line with Ho-Sang and Rychel. The spits didn't have a top six type of forward that could also provide grit and protection. There is no way Rychel can be Ho-Sang's protector and he definitely needs one.

As for Bowen he needs to go and open up a spot for Savido or Brown. Bowen just isn't that good.
Rychel fought Schoenmaker as a 16 yr old and beat him.

Now maybe it's a case of the team not wanting Kerby to be the protector which would be a different story. I think Schoenmakers will be looked on to add grit to Johnson/Clarke line. Ho-Sang isn't ready to play center in the league yet either.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
I think Ionin starts on the 4th line with Bilcke and Studnicka,to open the season
I honestly don't think lonin will stay playing Fourth line minutes he got drafted in the 2nd round by his hometown team in the khl....I no he hasn't earned much more then a spot on the fourth line but he will come around the kid has skill but he is playing his first hockey games in over a year and just has to get used to the CHL he kinda reminds me of Kuhnhackle when he got 1 assist in his first twelve games and then he started sniping every corner and started making plays and eventually became a fan Favourite.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
RayzorIsDull

Schoenmakers in all likelihood will replace the production of MacQueen last year. Unfortunately it looks to be a lot of dump and chase hockey. Most nights the other team will have more talent but the Spits will have to out hustle teams and make sure their special teams are exactly that and find a way to get a W.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I honestly don't think lonin will stay playing Fourth line minutes he got drafted in the 2nd round by his hometown team in the khl....I no he hasn't earned much more then a spot on the fourth line but he will come around the kid has skill but he is playing his first hockey games in over a year and just has to get used to the CHL he kinda reminds me of Kuhnhackle when he got 1 assist in his first twelve games and then he started sniping every corner and started making plays and eventually became a fan Favourite.
Dont disagree with what u are saying and while I know he is playing hurt though getting healthier he needs to do more to secure a top 9 spot up front patience is needed for this guy

Old
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Schoenmakers in all likelihood will replace the production of MacQueen last year. Unfortunately it looks to be a lot of dump and chase hockey. Most nights the other team will have more talent but the Spits will have to out hustle teams and make sure their special teams are exactly that and find a way to get a W.
See what u mean although a bigger version,would not surprise me to see him lineup with Rychel and either Clarke or HoSang or maybe even Marchese

Old
09-04-2012, 07:43 PM
OHLTG

Take this how you may:

Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord

Kitchener Rangers GM Steve Spott says club has not acquired Jeff Braithwaite from Windsor Spitfires. #OHLRangers

Old
09-04-2012, 07:46 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Take this how you may:

Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord

Kitchener Rangers GM Steve Spott says club has not acquired Jeff Braithwaite from Windsor Spitfires. #OHLRangers
Interesting still think he will be moved maybe Guelph or Erie

Old
09-04-2012, 07:56 PM
punch1943

Quote:

If they deal with Kitchener the guy I want is Juraj Bezuch which means shipping Pavelka out of town. It'd be complicated but it appears nothing will be easy this year.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
See what u mean although a bigger version,would not surprise me to see him lineup with Rychel and either Clarke or HoSang or maybe even Marchese
I can see that. At the very least with this acquisition and signing Graham there are messages being sent to guys like Smith, Studnicka, to a lesser extent Alonge but he can't do much right now. We don't have to see the written words of a coach or gm to understand that all you have to do is see the moves.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Take this how you may:

Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord

Here is the whole article............................

Internet rumours that defenceman Jeff Braithwaite is en route from Windsor to Kitchener are not true according to GM/coach Steve Spott.

Kitchener is one of many teams that has had discussions about the overage defenceman but nothing official has been done yet according to Spott.

Braithwaite had 22 points in 57 games last season with Kingston and Windsor.

Kitchener has three OA spots to fill this season. The team hasn't announced its intentions, but it would make sense for them to add a veteran blueliner, a skilled forward and a gritty forward who can score.

Earlier today, Windsor acquired overage forward Derek Schoenmakers from Sudbury for a pair of draft picks, leaving the club with four overage players. Each OHL team can only dress three.

If Windsor is still vying to host the Memorial Cup in 2014 it will want to stock up on young talent that will peak in two years time.

Kitchener is flush with youngsters but has been reluctant to part with it, for good reason.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:54 PM
RayzorIsDull

Brown sent to LaSalle.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Here is the whole article............................

Internet rumours that defenceman Jeff Braithwaite is en route from Windsor to Kitchener are not true according to GM/coach Steve Spott.

Kitchener is one of many teams that has had discussions about the overage defenceman but nothing official has been done yet according to Spott.

Braithwaite had 22 points in 57 games last season with Kingston and Windsor.

Kitchener has three OA spots to fill this season. The team hasn't announced its intentions, but it would make sense for them to add a veteran blueliner, a skilled forward and a gritty forward who can score.

Earlier today, Windsor acquired overage forward Derek Schoenmakers from Sudbury for a pair of draft picks, leaving the club with four overage players. Each OHL team can only dress three.

If Windsor is still vying to host the Memorial Cup in 2014 it will want to stock up on young talent that will peak in two years time.

Kitchener is flush with youngsters but has been reluctant to part with it, for good reason.
https://twitter.com/Braith05

Member of the Kitchener Rangers

Old
09-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
If they deal with Kitchener the guy I want is Juraj Bezuch which means shipping Pavelka out of town. It'd be complicated but it appears nothing will be easy this year.
He has been outstanding!!
Any team getting him will be getting a heck of a player!

Old
09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
https://twitter.com/Braith05

Member of the Kitchener Rangers
Nice catch. I see he's following Kitchener Rangers as well.

Closed Thread