Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2012, 12:54 AM
CC321

vCash: 500
What do you think Tanner Richard will do this season if he can stay healthy. 80pts maybe.

Old
08-30-2012, 01:10 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
What do you think Tanner Richard will do this season if he can stay healthy. 80pts maybe.
If he can stay healthy I can see a big year from him. He has the ability to pass and shoot at a high level, and he thinks the game real well. He has played center and wing on this team last year so you could question who he would line up with on any given shift. A line I would love to see would be Richard - Garlent - Kosmachuk.

But yes, if all goes well he does have the ability to put up 80.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
StormSurge9

After last night, all 96 born players were sent packing (except Fabbri and Locke). According to Tony Saxon, Mike Kelly said 5th rounder Marc Stevens would have made the team "in a different year." He will be one to watch at next years camp.

Brandon Cercone, Adam Moodie and Zack Murphy were also cut. More cuts expected after today's scrimmage at 3pm.

Also as a note for those that haven't been following the team real close, Brock McGinn looks like he will still be out a while with a wrist problem. He has been using it very gingerly so far in practice and has not scrimmaged at all.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
NHL Fanatic

Good games by Hunter Garlent and Jason Dickinson, they really stand out and I expect a big year from the two. Also impressed by Robbie Fabbri, good game today.

Old
09-02-2012, 09:31 AM
StormSurge9

I have a feeling you will hear Dickinson's name called quite a bit this year.

Also, Ben Harpur has made huge strides on D and looks effective out there.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
hockeyfan4ver

Thusday Tony Saxon did state the below

After last night, all 96 born players were sent packing (except Fabbri and Locke). According to Tony Saxon, Mike Kelly said 5th rounder Marc Stevens would have made the team "in a different year." He will be one to watch at next years camp.

then on Friday post "Last Cuts" Tony Saxon stated the following

Matt Saturno (14th round, 2011), Darren Huck (11th round, 2011), Steven Domenchini (free agent) and Davis Gadjovich (13th round, 2012).

Which would to me indicate that 1996 player Davis G. was kept till Friday and is a 1996

was Davis G. then the last 96 cut?

Old
09-02-2012, 04:44 PM
StormSurge9

Yea I think Saxon must have meant that most had gone home, because Davis was at the Friday scrimmage, as was #15 in Red, which according to the roster page given (unless numbers changed) was Andrew Dodge (7th Rounder in 2012)

Old
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Good games by Hunter Garlent and Jason Dickinson, they really stand out and I expect a big year from the two. Also impressed by Robbie Fabbri, good game today.
Tell me more? Im pulling for this kid. How often do u see star players block shots with there face if they have too? Reminds me of Doug Gilmour. The only pick in last years OHL draft in the top 10 that I saw regularly block shots from the point on the PK with any part of his body it didnt matter. Do u think that inspires a team? When your star small guy blocks the biggest bombs from the point, everyone better be working that night. Robby gives him team a shot of adrenaline. Great kid, great leader, Great Wrist shot. Ive never seen him take a shift off in 50 Rebels games I watched last year. I can only say that about 5 kids in all of Ontario.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 09-03-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old
09-04-2012, 12:05 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Tell me more? Im pulling for this kid. How often do u see star players block shots with there face if they have too? Reminds me of Doug Gilmour. The only pick in last years OHL draft in the top 10 that I saw regularly block shots from the point on the PK with any part of his body it didnt matter. Do u think that inspires a team? When your star small guy blocks the biggest bombs from the point, everyone better be working that night. Robby gives him team a shot of adrenaline. Great kid, great leader, Great Wrist shot. Ive never seen him take a shift off in 50 Rebels games I watched last year. I can only say that about 5 kids in all of Ontario.
Strong skating, guys were bigger than him but he still had good puck protection in the corners, the kid plays with heart, small but noticeable out there.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Strong skating, guys were bigger than him but he still had good puck protection in the corners, the kid plays with heart, small but noticeable out there.
Agree with this. He kind of reminds me of Ryan Callahan as a do whatever it takes type of kid.

What really impressed me was his offensive skill. I haven't seen many 16 year olds with the moves Fabbri has.

My only criticism would be that he needs to use his linemates a bit more. A couple times during the pre-season opener it seemed like he tried to be a little to cute with the puck.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Agree with this. He kind of reminds me of Ryan Callahan as a do whatever it takes type of kid.

What really impressed me was his offensive skill. I haven't seen many 16 year olds with the moves Fabbri has.

My only criticism would be that he needs to use his linemates a bit more. A couple times during the pre-season opener it seemed like he tried to be a little to cute with the puck.
Trying hard to make an impression possibly...I dont think u will see that from him when regular season starts. He is far, far from selfish. He was the heart and soul of his team last year. Great character kid and comes from a great family. He's a meat and potatoes kind of player.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:31 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Trying hard to make an impression possibly...I dont think u will see that from him when regular season starts. He is far, far from selfish. He was the heart and soul of his team last year. Great character kid and comes from a great family. He's a meat and potatoes kind of player.
I understand that, but the only time I have seen him play is training camp scrimmages and the first pre-season game. Maybe he was just trying to make an impression on the coaching staff, but that's what I have seen.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:11 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
I understand that, but the only time I have seen him play is training camp scrimmages and the first pre-season game. Maybe he was just trying to make an impression on the coaching staff, but that's what I have seen.
Thanks for the feedback on Fabbri I appreciate it.

Old
09-05-2012, 03:06 PM
StormSurge9

It would appear that the final roster is pretty much set. With Mac Nichol, Keegan Calder, Michael Levesque and Matt Martin being sent packing. Here is a look at who is left.

Tanner Richard - Hunter Garlent - Scott Kosmachuk
Jason Dickinson - Robby Fabbri - Zack Mitchell
Brock McGinn - Tyler Bertuzzi - Cody McNaughton
Ryan Horvat - Patrick Watling - Justin Auger
Brody Milne - Spencer Turcotte

Matt Finn - Andrey Pedan
Zack Leslie - Kyle Locke
Ben Harpur - Chadd Bauman
Daniel Poliziani

Garrett Sparks
Jason Da Silva

Old
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
It would appear that the final roster is pretty much set. With Mac Nichol, Keegan Calder, Michael Levesque and Matt Martin being sent packing. Here is a look at who is left.

Tanner Richard - Hunter Garlent - Scott Kosmachuk
Jason Dickinson - Robby Fabbri - Zack Mitchell
Brock McGinn - Tyler Bertuzzi - Cody McNaughton
Ryan Horvat - Patrick Watling - Justin Auger
Brody Milne - Spencer Turcotte

Matt Finn - Andrey Pedan
Zack Leslie - Kyle Locke
Ben Harpur - Chadd Bauman
Daniel Poliziani

Garrett Sparks
Jason Da Silva
Love the look of that lineup. Guelph fans should be very excited.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
StormSurge9

I am excited as well. Certainly a lot of talent throughout.

I really hope McGinn comes back from his wrist injury and can play like he did. He was a real heart and soul guy that this team needs in the lineup. A perfect Scott Walker type player.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
HockeyBlogFan

Excellent game tonight at Iceland. Storm looked dominant from the first shift. Lots of contributors to the 6 goals: Dickinson and Fabbri had a couple points each (each with at least a goal and assist). Richard & Mitchell looked great on the first line... can't wait for season to start!

Old
09-06-2012, 01:49 PM
StormSurge9

Everytime I see Bertuzzi I come away impressed.

Excited to see how he continues to grow into a more mature player.

Old
09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
StormSurge9

Spencer Turcotte has been released, as per the team's website.

Old
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
tourlord*

I'm waiting for somebody to pound out Bertuzzi. That's about all I have to offer at Guelph.

Old
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
I'm waiting for somebody to pound out Bertuzzi. That's about all I have to offer at Guelph.
Well that's just great...

Old
09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
StormSurge9

A team injury update:

Brock McGinn (Wrist) is LIKELY to play in the home opener, Andrei Pedan status is unknown at this point.

Also Hunter Garlent was called for a slew foot in the final pre-season game. This could very well land him at least a one game suspension.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Question: Are there any really good twitter sources for Storm updates? I help with a Winnipeg Jets Blog (www.arcticicehockey.com) and we'd like to get as many sources for news on our prospects (Kosmachuk being yours).

PS thanks!!

Old
09-22-2012, 11:50 AM
StormSurge9

@Storm_City is the team's official twitter. Gameday updates are posted (Goals, Assists, Fights)

@SaxonOnTheStorm is the team's beat writer. Usually just posts quick updates.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:42 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
@Storm_City is the team's official twitter. Gameday updates are posted (Goals, Assists, Fights)

@SaxonOnTheStorm is the team's beat writer. Usually just posts quick updates.
Thank you kindly!

Closed Thread