HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official MLB Thread - Part VI (Summer In Da' City)

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Its frustrating to think of how great Cano could be if he gave even the slightest bit of effort. He has loads of talent but doesn't seem to ever give a ****.

Not expecting a win tonight
Reminds me of Alexei Kovalev

Old
09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
30theking

this team needs some major changes in the offseason. no more hughes and garcia. i dont see kuroda or pettite coming back they are just too old and pettite is an injury risk. i dont think nova is that special either. they are going to have to look for some young pitching in the offseason to go along with sabathia and pineda. plus they are going to have to look for a new catcher cause martin just isnt good.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
this team needs some major changes in the offseason. no more hughes and garcia. i dont see kuroda or pettite coming back they are just too old and pettite is an injury risk. i dont think nova is that special either. they are going to have to look for some young pitching in the offseason to go along with sabathia and pineda. plus they are going to have to look for a new catcher cause martin just isnt good.
I wouldn't even include Pineda. He's a question mark, big time. He had a great fast half last year that's it

Old
09-04-2012, 08:51 PM
30theking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I wouldn't even include Pineda. He's a question mark, big time. He had a great fast half last year that's it
that's true but i figure they gave up montero for him so they want to see what he could do next year before they start worrying about him. he can either come back strong or just look completely flat. he is still young so i'll give him a chance.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:58 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Barring a WS win, changes need to be made after the season. It's not entirely anyone's fault but you can't remain status quo after this collapse.

1. Get rid of Long.
2. Get rid of Thompson
3. Do not bring Swisher back
4. Shop Granderson and see what you can get.
5. Do not bring Jones or Ibanez back.
6. Let Arod be your primary DH next year. Bring in a 3rd baseman and let him compete with David Adams in ST for the starting job.
7. Enough with Russell Martin. He was done 5 years ago. How that comparison to Thurman Munson looks now Cashman?? smh.
8. Goodbye to Freddie Garcia.
9. Shop Hughes and see what you can get.

DO NOT TRADE.....Austin, Williams, Heathcott or Sanchez.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Riverdale

Am I the only one bugged by Rodney's crooked hat? He looks like a complete clown.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
30theking

the only 3rd baseman even worth looking at in the free agent pool is david wright and there's no chance the mets aren't going to resign him. he's the face of the franchise. i still see chavez and a-rod platooning 3rd base next year unless someone from their farm system steps up.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

They moved David Adams from 2nd to 3rd this year. So I'm assuming he's an option.
The problem with Chavez is you can't play him too much. I wouldn't have a problem with bringing Chavez to platoon with Adams. Adams kills lefty's.

Arod needs to move to DH. Before the injury, you can tell he's lost a lot range. He's up there in age too. It's time.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Girardi needs to realign his friggin rotation. They open the Baltimore series with Phelps? That's a joke. Have one of the rookies start tomorrow and open Baltimore with Kuroda.

The rotation for the Baltimore series should be Kuroda, Hughes, CC and Nova on Sunday.

Forget Tampa. If they lose tomorrow, they could make it up when Tampa plays the Rangers

Pettite, Nova, Texeira are all ready to return next week.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Barring a WS win, changes need to be made after the season. It's not entirely anyone's fault but you can't remain status quo after this collapse.

1. Get rid of Long.
2. Get rid of Thompson
3. Do not bring Swisher back
4. Shop Granderson and see what you can get.
5. Do not bring Jones or Ibanez back.
6. Let Arod be your primary DH next year. Bring in a 3rd baseman and let him compete with David Adams in ST for the starting job.
7. Enough with Russell Martin. He was done 5 years ago. How that comparison to Thurman Munson looks now Cashman?? smh.
8. Goodbye to Freddie Garcia.
9. Shop Hughes and see what you can get.

DO NOT TRADE.....Austin, Williams, Heathcott or Sanchez.
Technically, it'll be a collapse if they dont make the playoffs. For now, they're alive and kicking.

But I agree that the organization needs a new strategy.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
A-Rod would be quite the expensive platoon player.

09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

^ I want him at DH. Chavez/Adams platoon.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:04 PM
30theking

the only 2 catchers that look good as free agents in the offseason are mccan and ruiz but the braves and phillies will probably try real hard to resign them. still they just cant have martin back there for another year and sanchez is still not ready. plus their backup catching is garbage. stewart and cervelli can barely hit to save their lives and they have terrible throwing arms.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post

Pineda also threw more innings in his rookie year with Mariners than he's ever thrown in minors. Fatigue perhaps?

Old
09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
the only 2 catchers that look good as free agents in the offseason are mccan and ruiz but the braves and phillies will probably try real hard to resign them. still they just cant have martin back there for another year and sanchez is still not ready. plus their backup catching is garbage. stewart and cervelli can barely hit to save their lives and they have terrible throwing arms.

Both McCann and Ruiz have club options for 2013. There is no way Braves/Phillies dont pick up those options. 12 mill for McCann and 5 for Ruiz.

Hate his guts but wouldnt mind taking a shot (1 year deal) on Pierzynski. I just threw up in my mouth.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:14 PM
30theking

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Both McCann and Ruiz have club options for 2013. There is no way Braves/Phillies dont pick up those options. 12 mill for McCann and 5 for Ruiz.

Hate his guts but wouldnt mind taking a shot (1 year deal) on Pierzynski. I just threw up in my mouth.
no way. i cant stand him either. and next year he will be 36 years old. team needs to get younger at positions not older.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:15 AM
XLJ

Yanks lineup is seriously flawed. They need to get younger and find a couple of hitters that hit for average. They are filled with 240/250 all or nothing type hitters. Enough of these aging platoon players!

Say goodbye to Swisher, Garcia, Ibanez, Ichiro, Jones, Martin etc. The only guy I want to keep is Chavez.

Look to trade either Hughes or Nova for a bat. I think Phelps can be the 5th starter next year.

I agree with making A-Rod the full-time DH. He is getting old, making him the DH might be the best way to try to maximize his offense. I would try to trade for someone like Chase Headley to play third. Try Nunez in RF. With him and Gardner back in the lineup that will add a speed element that is missing from the lineup.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:04 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

The Yankees promoted Austin to AA this week. He could be an option mid next year.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:31 AM
NYR Viper

I have been saying this all season, even when they were up 10 games in the division. They need to add speed and be able to manufacture runs. I would blow it up and go young but that won't happen.

Old
09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Good thing the Giants are on tonight

Old
09-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Predictions on Russell Martin's final BA? .058

Old
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Predictions on Russell Martin's final BA? .058
And with this post, he has a huge game

Old
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Yankees hitters tonight:

13 K's

2 BB

LOL 14

Old
09-06-2012, 10:32 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Hal Steinbrenner wants to have a $189M payroll by 2014. The luxury tax threshold increases to $189M in 14. NYY will be a 4 time offender of threshold which means luxury taxes of 50%. The Yankees will drop to $189M to avoid paying the tax and they will get a rebate on revenue sharing. The NYY will have no choice but cut the payroll. The economic benefits are too great to ignore especially if the team is struggling to make the playoffs. Younger players. Gary Sanchez. Mason Williams. Tyler Austin. Slade Heathcott. They will be paying so much of the $189M to CC,Tex and AROD plus whatever Cano gets. Forget about the Grandy man long term. Pick up the options on Cano and Grandy. Re-sign Cano. Keep the Grandy man for 13 and get the draft pick compensation or trade him this winter. He will be 33 when his next contract begins. They already have a good chunk of cash invested in older players. Economics will dicatate the NYY going with a younger lineup. They have 4 position player prospects who all had really good years. Austin was promoted to AA. The other 3 ended their seasons in high A ball in Tampa. Ramon Flores is another OF. He was also promoted to AA with Austin. Phil Hughes is arbtration eligible this winter and a free agent after 2013. Cashman should shop him. It will cost the NYY decent bucks to sign Hughes long term. He has shown he isn't worth those $. Inconsistent. Injuries. Can Cashman get a package of young pitchers which includes a top young arm? Sort of like what Beane got for Gio and Cahill. Those guys were signed while Hughes has a year before FA.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Hughes and Nova are both very good 3 and 4 starters. Hughes is 17th in strikeouts, 18th in WHIP and 21st in ERA.

Nova is 10th in the AL in K/9 and has 11 wins.

They will never be aces, but they do the job.

CC is 31, Hughes just turned 26 and Nova is 25.

Closed Thread