HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hockey cards

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 09:09 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
It seems like The Cup gets released later and later every year. Quite a late release for a 11-12 set.
It's funny because some 12/13 products has been released already. But it's not just Upper Deck(Cup), it's also with Panini(Dominion). I think last year, card companies got permission to release their last products until mid September or so. Reason with the delay, I think they want most of the products to be live, rather then redemptions. As a collector, I would rather have it come out late and have live cards, rather then buy it sooner and end up pulling some redemption cards.

Old
09-03-2012, 09:19 PM
oats
outshot

Anybody here pick up Panini Prime yet?

Old
09-03-2012, 09:44 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Anybody here pick up Panini Prime yet?
Unfortunetly no. The shop was closed for the long weekend. I have a feeling by the time I go in this weekend, he'll be sold out as he only brought in a case. There's 2 guys who spends big bucks and it's usually case or nothing. Also, shop guy said he would bring in another so I can try but I have a feeling it'll be sold out. That or the price goes up and I don't want to spend more then what the price is now. From what I've seen, looks unreal. Product of the year imo. Some guy bought a case and got a Allen York 1/1 shield so he went for another case. Ended up pulling a Price tag 1/1 and a Roy Genuine Letter Marks /3(but technically a 1/1).

Have you?

Old
09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
kovultrick

Old
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
oats
outshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Unfortunetly no. The shop was closed for the long weekend. I have a feeling by the time I go in this weekend, he'll be sold out as he only brought in a case. There's 2 guys who spends big bucks and it's usually case or nothing. Also, shop guy said he would bring in another so I can try but I have a feeling it'll be sold out. That or the price goes up and I don't want to spend more then what the price is now. From what I've seen, looks unreal. Product of the year imo. Some guy bought a case and got a Allen York 1/1 shield so he went for another case. Ended up pulling a Price tag 1/1 and a Roy Genuine Letter Marks /3(but technically a 1/1).

Have you?
I haven't either . I like the helmet decal cards a lot and I think that's a great idea. And the sweater tie cards look amazing. Product of the year in my opinion as well.

Last edited by oats: 09-04-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old
09-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Sports
McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Does anyone know of a free sports card organizer software for hockey which lets you import an entire base set in and other cards without scanning the picture?

It doesn't need to have any buy/sell features, just care about being able to put players in without having to manually write out the card info.
Afraid not.
Beckett has pretty solid organizing software, though.
$20 annually, though.
I didn't do many hockey cards, but there were none I searched for in baseball cards that didn't have a picture with it to help identify the exact card, and I had some pretty obscure ones.
It is free to use for X amount of days; i'm not really sure how long exactly.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Sports
McDavid

Quote:
What does Arnold Palmer have to do with anything?

Quote:
That is pretty freaking sick.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Has OPC been released yet? They always have a large set. Haven't got any cards in a while.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:36 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
What does Arnold Palmer have to do with anything?

It's a tribute set. Two years ago, think it was for Crosby. Last year it was for Ovie. This year, have no idea.

In the past, they had Tiger Woods, some basketball player from the Washington Huskies, and a bunch of other non hockey players. I think it's cool and different but not sure what non hockey players have to do with the Tribute set. Also, I get Woods and Palmer would be a big pull, not sure why they had the Huskies player.

*Go on Ebay and type in Cup tribute. Saw a Barry Sanders, Derick Rose, and the Huskies guy was Brandon Roy.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:37 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Has OPC been released yet? They always have a large set. Haven't got any cards in a while.
OPC released Aug 14th. Last time I checked, a box of their cards this year goes for about $60.

Base Card:

Pop-Ups Insert:

They also have a wrapper redemption for Canadian citizens. If you take 50 empty 12/13 OPC wrappers to one of the Certified Diamond Dealers, you get a redemption pack with 5 red-bordered cards, and one All Star insert.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:45 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
OPC released Aug 14th. Last time I checked, a box of their cards this year goes for about $60.

Base Card:

Pop-Ups Insert:

They also have a wrapper redemption for Canadian citizens. If you take 50 empty 12/13 OPC wrappers to one of the Certified Diamond Dealers, you get a redemption pack with 5 red-bordered cards, and one All Star insert.

They also added additional cards from past sets(buy back auto's and cards that didn't get produced on time for past sets). A guy I know pulled a Lundqvist/Drury/Dubinsky/Gaborik OPC Premier quad auto /10. The gold version 1/1 is out in the OPC product as well.

Here is what I found from another site....
PS3-EGM Gaborik/Messier/Esposito 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Triple #/15
PS3-GDA Anisimov/Dubinsky/Gaborik 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Triple #/15
PS4-NYR Dubinsky/Drury/Lundqvist/Gaborik 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Quad #/10
PS4-NYR Dubinsky/Drury/Lundqvist/Gaborik 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Quad Gold #/1

The buy back autos were Crosby and Ovechkin cards.

Quote:
:

I haven't either . I like the helmet decal cards a lot and I think that's a great idea. And the sweater tie cards look amazing. Product of the year in my opinion as well.
Plan on getting any or just pick up singles off of Ebay?

Old
09-04-2012, 01:24 AM
oats
outshot

Quote:
They also added additional cards from past sets(buy back auto's and cards that didn't get produced on time for past sets). A guy I know pulled a Lundqvist/Drury/Dubinsky/Gaborik OPC Premier quad auto /10. The gold version 1/1 is out in the OPC product as well.

Here is what I found from another site....
PS3-EGM Gaborik/Messier/Esposito 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Triple #/15
PS3-GDA Anisimov/Dubinsky/Gaborik 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Triple #/15
PS4-NYR Dubinsky/Drury/Lundqvist/Gaborik 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Quad #/10
PS4-NYR Dubinsky/Drury/Lundqvist/Gaborik 2009-10 OPC Premier Sig Quad Gold #/1

The buy back autos were Crosby and Ovechkin cards.

Plan on getting any or just pick up singles off of Ebay?
I'll try to pick up some singles. Doubt I'll buy a box. I'd love to find a tie card that's not too ridiculously pricy. Same as one of the collision course ones (which look like 1/1's basically since I think each one has a different decal). What about you?

Old
09-04-2012, 02:17 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
I'll try to pick up some singles. Doubt I'll buy a box. I'd love to find a tie card that's not too ridiculously pricy. Same as one of the collision course ones (which look like 1/1's basically since I think each one has a different decal). What about you?
If the guy has a pack then I will buy a pack because I did mention to the owner that I was interested. If he doesn't have it, it won't be a big deal. So far I picked up a NAMESAKES AUTO JERSEY LETTER JOHNSON /75 "O" and have a snipe on a sick Nash patch card. Need to pick up some other low end Johnson cards as well as some Boll cards. But for those, since they have a lot of copies, might pick them up in the future. Might save my money just in case the Johnson 1/1's shows up in the near future. Like you, I kind of want to pick up a Collision Course(Nash) card as well. The only problem is, I get some guy to do my Ebay/paypal transaction and he moved away. I don't see him to often so I don't want to be in debt with him and have him be down money because of me. He says he doesn't mind because he sells on behalf of another guy(guy who buys the case of cards all the time) so he always has money coming into his paypal account but it still sucks knowing that he has to wait for me to pay him back, even if I give him extra. If I know when I'll see him next, I guess I could always get him to put in a offer a day before we meet up. Who knows, time will tell. Which players are you going after for the Collision Course and the Prime Ties?

Old
09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
oats
outshot

Quote:
If the guy has a pack then I will buy a pack because I did mention to the owner that I was interested. If he doesn't have it, it won't be a big deal. So far I picked up a NAMESAKES AUTO JERSEY LETTER JOHNSON /75 "O" and have a snipe on a sick Nash patch card. Need to pick up some other low end Johnson cards as well as some Boll cards. But for those, since they have a lot of copies, might pick them up in the future. Might save my money just in case the Johnson 1/1's shows up in the near future. Like you, I kind of want to pick up a Collision Course(Nash) card as well. The only problem is, I get some guy to do my Ebay/paypal transaction and he moved away. I don't see him to often so I don't want to be in debt with him and have him be down money because of me. He says he doesn't mind because he sells on behalf of another guy(guy who buys the case of cards all the time) so he always has money coming into his paypal account but it still sucks knowing that he has to wait for me to pay him back, even if I give him extra. If I know when I'll see him next, I guess I could always get him to put in a offer a day before we meet up. Who knows, time will tell. Which players are you going after for the Collision Course and the Prime Ties?
Well there's only three Leafs cards between both sets and they're all Prime Ties . I'll go after the Gardiner and Frattin Prime Ties but I'm not a big Colborne fan. If I can find a Weber Collision Course for cheap enough I'd go after that as well. If I can't track these down I'll probably just buy whatever I can find at a low price. And I'm assuming you'll be going after mainly Jackets cards?

Old
09-04-2012, 08:56 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Well there's only three Leafs cards between both sets and they're all Prime Ties . I'll go after the Gardiner and Frattin Prime Ties but I'm not a big Colborne fan. If I can find a Weber Collision Course for cheap enough I'd go after that as well. If I can't track these down I'll probably just buy whatever I can find at a low price. And I'm assuming you'll be going after mainly Jackets cards?
Yeah, just mainly Johnson,Boll, and Nash cards. At this point no other Jackets cards and no Oiler cards. Maybe if I go to a show and find some stuff for a decent price, I'll pick them up then. I am tempted to make a offer for the Allen York shield but in the end, I need to save money so maybe I won't. Good luck with your wants.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
oats
outshot

Quote:
Yeah, just mainly Johnson,Boll, and Nash cards. At this point no other Jackets cards and no Oiler cards. Maybe if I go to a show and find some stuff for a decent price, I'll pick them up then. I am tempted to make a offer for the Allen York shield but in the end, I need to save money so maybe I won't. Good luck with your wants.
Its hard to pick up singles in Saskatoon since we never have any shows. It sucks.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Jonsson

Send a message via MSN to Jonsson
Have collected for about 20 years...here are some of the ones Ive obtained last year.

64788_10150711428826869_1912469983_n.jpg

422829_10150711428591869_2129321243_n.jpg

426033_10150711420881869_1609070872_n.jpg

Old
09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Jonsson

Send a message via MSN to Jonsson
and some more

429652_10150711420551869_1443590352_n.jpg

424072_10150711421706869_1961205844_n.jpg

430699_10150711428356869_950866966_n.jpg

Old
09-04-2012, 10:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

[QUOTE=Undecided;54072823]What does Arnold Palmer have to do with anything?

[QUOTE]

He's part of the Isles post season team.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Its hard to pick up singles in Saskatoon since we never have any shows. It sucks.
These card shops are in Saskatoon. I also recommend going to the flea market if you have one since they may have a memorabilia shop which sells some bargains though it's mostly stuff from more than an yr ago. But you can always grab new singles after release for fairly cheap from checkoutmycards.com or canadianhockeycards.com (though they don't seem to carry too many high end ones).

AJW Sports Cards
1635 29th St W Unit E
Saskatoon, SK
S7L 0N6
Canada
PH: 1-306-384-3194
Fax: 1-306-651-2057
Toll Free 1-866-268-2820

Collectors Lane
34-2325 Preston Ave
Saskatoon, SK.
S7J 2G2
Canada
PH: 1-306-373-9911

Penns Antiques
307 33rd St W
Saskatoon, SK
S7L 0V3
Canada
Ph: 1-306-652-2975

And comic book stores often sell them but they usually sell cheaper sets like Series 1/2 or Score and Victory.

Btw I need a really nice action shot photo of Pahlsson (from when he was in Anaheim) and a nice photo of Madden in NJ to use in a couple custom cards. Preferable resolution of the player himself above 400 pixels in length.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:12 AM
oats
outshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
These card shops are in Saskatoon. I also recommend going to the flea market if you have one since they may have a memorabilia shop which sells some bargains though it's mostly stuff from more than an yr ago. But you can always grab new singles after release for fairly cheap from checkoutmycards.com or canadianhockeycards.com (though they don't seem to carry too many high end ones).

AJW Sports Cards
1635 29th St W Unit E
Saskatoon, SK
S7L 0N6
Canada
PH: 1-306-384-3194
Fax: 1-306-651-2057
Toll Free 1-866-268-2820

Collectors Lane
34-2325 Preston Ave
Saskatoon, SK.
S7J 2G2
Canada
PH: 1-306-373-9911

Penns Antiques
307 33rd St W
Saskatoon, SK
S7L 0V3
Canada
Ph: 1-306-652-2975

And comic book stores often sell them but they usually sell cheaper sets like Series 1/2 or Score and Victory.

Btw I need a really nice action shot photo of Pahlsson (from when he was in Anaheim) and a nice photo of Madden in NJ to use in a couple custom cards. Preferable resolution of the player himself above 400 pixels in length.
Collectors Lane guys are *******s and more than half the time the guy who sells the sports cards isn't even there. There's no organization, nothing is priced and 75% of the time when I ask how much for a card the response is "the other guy works tomorrow, come back then" like I'm actually going to drive across the city twice in two days for the same damn thing. Another 10% of the time the guy rips the card out of my hand like I was going to steal it or damage it or something. AJW Sports Cards has a nice enough owner, but just simply has too little product. Don't remember ever being to Penn's Antiques so I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Old
09-05-2012, 03:32 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
That sucks. Do you know anyone who bust boxes/cases where you can get first dibs? Have you ever gone out to Toronto when they have the Big shows? I've never been but heard it's great. Nothing compared to the Vancouver Big shows.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:46 AM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 1338
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Collectors Lane guys are *******s and more than half the time the guy who sells the sports cards isn't even there. There's no organization, nothing is priced and 75% of the time when I ask how much for a card the response is "the other guy works tomorrow, come back then" like I'm actually going to drive across the city twice in two days for the same damn thing. Another 10% of the time the guy rips the card out of my hand like I was going to steal it or damage it or something. AJW Sports Cards has a nice enough owner, but just simply has too little product. Don't remember ever being to Penn's Antiques so I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
If you ever come out west to Edmonton I would suggest checking out Wayne's Sports Cards & Collectables (17020 90 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5T 1L6). They have a great selection and the owners are excellent, really focus on customer service.

Some recent hits from the store

09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I don't know what it is, but I feel stupid for buying it.

It's a Patrick Roy/ Manon Rheaume card. Well, it's not really a card. On the back it says 1 of 5, then underneath says 1 of 10,000.

I'll have to scan it some time, but I don't think it's worth the 45 bucks I paid for it. Stupid of me.

Though the interesting thing is Rheaume is spelled wrong.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Wayne is a dink.
He threw my credit card back at me once and he never smiles.
The store is great, the customer service is terrible.

Closed Thread