HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Premier of Quebec rushed from stage amid security scare

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Has the truck full of guns been tied to this ?

Probably just gangs who got caught.
Seems like a pretty big coincidence to be honest, but man... The guy sounded like a complete looney. The truck itself seemed like an expensive vehicle, and you have to wonder how expansive a bunch of weapons are (there's really no way to tell since we don't know the details). Just doesn't equate. Truck found with weapons near a guy barging in a crowd with an assault rifle, they have to be related right? But then you have to wonder how such a madmen can get his hands on all those things...

In a way, I really hope all this **** was his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I wish then that people would stop saying the separatist movement is a violent one because what happened with the FLQ...
You cannot help what people think of you or what you stand for. But you don't have to step as low as they do when the time comes to face a situation as horrible as what happened last night. Be mature about it.

Personally, I find disgusting that some here use this as a political weapon. Again, I repeat myself, but the act of a mad man should never be used to make a political point. I find it even more disgusting that some would go as far as to suggest that some kind of big conspiracy could be behind this. The hell is wrong with some of you? It's just one ****ed up guy that didn't take his pills, that's all there is to it.

Last edited by Gabe84: 09-05-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old
09-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Huge94

Just so everyone's clear, the guy was wielding an AK47...in his bathrobe. He's clearly mental. Let's just chill out and not get into his ''anglo vs. franco'' ****.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Seems like a pretty big coincidence to be honest, but man... The guy sounded like a complete looney. The truck itself seemed like an expensive vehicle, and you have to wonder how expansive a bunch of weapons are (there's really no way to tell since we don't know the details). Just doesn't equate. Truck found with weapons near a guy barging in a crowd with an assault rifle, they have to be related right? But then you have to wonder how such a madmen can get his hands on all those things...

In a way, I really hope all this **** was his.

You cannot help what people think of you or what you stand for. But you don't have to step as low as they do when the time comes to face a situation as horrible as what happened last night. Be mature about it.

Personally, I find disgusting that some here use this as a political weapon. Again, I repeat myself, but the act of a mad man should never be used to make a political point. I find it even more disgusting that some would go as far as to suggest that some kind of big conspiracy could be behind this. The hell is wrong with some of you? It's just one ****ed up guy that didn't take his pills, that's all there is to it.
Go snoop around on facebook for groups like "Pauline leave before anyone else gets hurt" or something along those lines. This morning I found one, 300+ members in it. People are endorsing the shooting. While checking the names of the members of the group, let me tell you, I didn't read one french name.

I tought like you before I saw those kind of things (it's not the only one). Some anglos are pretty ****ing pissed that the PQ won, while it doesn't mean, at all, that anglos should be all put in the same basket, some, and they probably won't say it, are okay with that happened yesterday.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Go snoop around on facebook for groups like "Pauline leave before anyone else gets hurt" or something along those lines. This morning I found one, 300+ members in it. People are endorsing the shooting. While checking the names of the members of the group, let me tell you, I didn't read one french name.

I tought like you before I saw those kind of things (it's not the only one). Some anglos are pretty ****ing pissed that the PQ won, while it doesn't mean, at all, that anglos should be all put in the same basket, some, and they probably won't say it, are okay with that happened yesterday.
This is probably nothing to what would've happened if Charest got re-elected.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:48 AM
RC51

the problem is not this nut case its' a possible copy cat in a few weeks then the for sure retaliation from the hard line PQ nut cases.
Everyone will blame the other side and we are off to a civil war.

I hope not

Old
09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge94 View Post
This is probably nothing to what would've happened if Charest got re-elected.
It would of been hell, but sure as hell nobody would have been murdered. Many riots would happened. Heck, you wouldn't of been able to get to work this morning. But all this is relatively nothing compared to something getting shot, one injured and the attempted murder of the new PM.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
I checked that group out real quick. Anyone could make a silly page and add all their friends, which is exactly what happened. I could make one right now and add my 500 buddies. It really has no bearing on anything, and shouldn't be taken seriously IMO.

I saw some French names as well, just to be fair.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:55 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I checked that group out real quick. Anyone could make a silly page and add all their friends, which is exactly what happened. I could make one right now and add my 500 buddies. It really has no bearing on anything, and shouldn't be taken seriously IMO.

I saw some French names as well, just to be fair.
You can add anyone? I tought you could only invite them, not add them.

My mistake then.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:55 AM
elsubz

Jesus christ just imagine if the ak47 had not jammed. It would have been a complete carnage. It seems the guy was planning on throwing an incendiary grenade also.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:

Alright. So you found 300 jambons on Facebook. It's so easy to state a poorly thought opinion on a social network. It shouldn't hold any weight whatsoever. And it shouldn't enable you to do the same if you respect yourself as an intellectually sound individual.

The fact is, that's always what happens after an election. No matter who wins. Those who lost (and a lot of posters on this board have done this very thing on the political board) start freaking out, acting as if the province is doomed. Those overdramatic reactions are generally diluted over time, once those individuals realize that not much has changed in their everyday life. They will go on, and all this reactionary ******** will be slowly replaced by routine nonchalance and laissez-faire.

The PQ won't burn your houses down. The PQ won't hold your family hostages. The PQ won't force you to move to Toronto. They might try to pass a few laws you won't like. But don't act as if you are being oppressed, you aren't. You live in a free country. Hell, you live in one of the best damn place in the world if you want to let your voice be heard. That's the magic of democracy. Sometimes, you get your way, other times, you don't. You don't decide on your own, there are 7 million people involved in the process and you can't win them all. But you always get to speak out and stand up for your rights and your freedom.

But in reality, it will be a pretty boring 3-4 years (if a minority government can make it that far). Most of the big promises won't make it through. The government will be one of careful fiscal management that will be walking on egg shells. And all the over-the-top pre-election garbage will be just that, garbage. And nobody will ever admit how silly all of this was, sadly.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:58 AM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
the problem is not this nut case its' a possible copy cat in a few weeks then the for sure retaliation from the hard line PQ nut cases.
Everyone will blame the other side and we are off to a civil war.

I hope not
Let's hope this remains an isolated event. My french friends don't think anything of it, they don't like Marois as much as me, for obvious reasons. But, to take it to this level is only something someone crazy can do. I think this is the last we see of this sort of violence, moreso I hope it is.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
You can add anyone? I tought you could only invite them, not add them.

My mistake then.
The vast majority had 'added by .....' beside their name. I know I've been added to a bunch of groups (much to my dismay) in the past.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:05 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Alright. So you found 300 jambons on Facebook. It's so easy to state a poorly thought opinion on a social network. It shouldn't hold any weight whatsoever. And it shouldn't enable you to do the same if you respect yourself as an intellectually sound individual.
The fact is, that's always what happens after an election. No matter who wins. Those who lost (and a lot of posters on this board have done this very thing on the political board) start freaking out, acting as if the province is doomed. Those overdramatic reactions are generally diluted over time, once those individuals realize that not much has changed in their everyday life. They will go on, and all this reactionary ******** will be slowly replaced by routine nonchalance and laissez-faire.

The PQ won't burn your houses down. The PQ won't hold your family hostages. The PQ won't force you to move to Toronto. They might try to pass a few laws you won't like. But don't act as if you are being oppressed, you aren't. You live in a free country. Hell, you live in one of the best damn place in the world if you want to let your voice be heard. That's the magic of democracy. Sometimes, you get your way, other times, you don't. You don't decide on your own, there are 7 million people involved in the process and you can't win them all. But you always get to speak out and stand up for your rights and your freedom.

But in reality, it will be a pretty boring 3-4 years (if a minority government can make it that far). Most of the big promises won't make it through. The government will be one of careful fiscal management that will be walking on egg shells. And all the over-the-top pre-election garbage will be just that, garbage. And nobody will ever admit how silly all of this was, sadly.
Yeah, I know. I've indicated by someone just a bit earlier in the thread that people can simply be added by the maker of the group.

I tried not to talk politic in this thread, but you are 100% right. I don't know what people who are pissed at the PQ expect them to do with 50 seats taken by the PLQ. IMO, there won't be that much a change.

Looks like 9 years of corruption and lies didn't convince people to make a change. Anyway, I'm not here to talk about politics, it's my opinion, it's not worth more than anyone else here.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
ClasslessGuy

I don't personaly like Marois but she's not racist or extremist like the poster above me said.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:28 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
Let's hope this remains an isolated event. My french friends don't think anything of it, they don't like Marois as much as me, for obvious reasons. But, to take it to this level is only something someone crazy can do. I think this is the last we see of this sort of violence, moreso I hope it is.
agree but do think of this.
In the event that Quebec does go it's own way and the PQ does not make an a special enclave for the Canadians that don't want to be FORCED to belong to this new county that's when the shiiiiiiit will hit the fan. maybe 1 million people or more DON'T want to be in a new country you just can't FORCE over a million people like that. You will be asking for a civil war. It's not just the FLQ that can make bombs.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:28 AM
ClasslessGuy

This whole election/scandal thing have shown how a lot of people don't know nothing about politics...

You see comments like: «I work at the federal government, will I lose my job?», «Moving to ottawa tomorow», «In a week we'll be in economic crisis and canada will be laughing at us» etc etc. Even Cammalerri tweeted something about his house value in MTL....

It's a god dam minority... they can't do ?$?*. We'll be in election in less than 2 years.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:29 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
agree but do think of this.
In the event that Quebec does go it's own way and the PQ does not make an a special enclave for the Canadians that don't want to be FORCED to belong to this new county that's when the shiiiiiiit will hit the fan. maybe 1 million people or more DON'T want to be in a new country you just can't FORCE over a million people like that. You will be asking for a civil war. It's not just the FLQ that can make bombs.
PQ got 54 seats, PLQ 50.. What do you expect the PQ to do with that much opposition.

Also, they'll only be in charge for 1 or 2 years. The NDP will win the next provincial election

Old
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

wtf

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/qu...8_accueil_POS2

Old
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Good.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:17 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Two persons are seriously injured (gun shots) and the suspect got really close to the Prime Minister of Québec.

SouthernHab's title is seriously stupid.

The suspect was yelling, in broken French, "The anglos are waking up! The anglos are waking up!" but he does not, I hope, represent the Anglo quebecois. He looked mentally challenged.
Kjell. All I did was copy and paste the headline from Reuters. Take it up with Reuters.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I hate Marois but this guy is another freak.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://virtuel.linformationdunordmon...701/30.html#30

2nd picture...

EDIT: Here it is.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
wow. crazy stuff.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Simerc

Well that pretty much proves he's insane.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
LePoche69

I think the guy's a lunatic, and I don't think it has something to do with politic.

But I do think that all the Quebec bashing lead by some important anglo mediums could help some lunatics "jumping the fence".

Closed Thread