HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-31-2012, 11:49 AM
  #326
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
While I wasnt really thinking Blasby and Learn would make this squad I thought they would have been around until the final cuts to give them more time with the team/system as I thought they would be one of the first call ups.

Glad to see Stewart still around. He could be a wild card in this pending on any trades that may come.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 01:32 AM
  #327
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
I have questions regarding the fact the Rangers have three imports in camp.

OHL teams can only have two imports on the roster. This year was the 1st year teams could pick an import player as insurance should they lose one of their two protected imports off their roster prematurely. (Call it the Boedker/Landeskog rule for Ranger fans). So, the Rangers chose Juraj Bezuch in this year's import draft.

With that in mind, the questions:

1) Since the NHL and NHLPA are in negotiations, how long can the Rangers have all three imports in Kitchener? Is there a cut off date? Has there been an exception made to any possible cut off date in the event there is a delay to the NHL season? Can any two imports play games once the OHL season starts?

2) In the event there is an NHL season, how long do the Rangers have to "deal with" the three import situation once Faksa is returned to the Rangers?

3) If Faksa is returned, does Bezuch have to be the odd man out? Example: What if, by the time Faksa has returned (who knows, that could be a while), Rieder has sustained some type of season ending injury. Could the Rangers then opt to keep Bezuch over Rieder?


Considering the Rangers are looking for at least two OA's, and should be dealing Bezuch, would a deal like the following (maybe pick(s) involved as well) make sense for both sides?

To Missy: 93W - Juraj Bezuch
93G - Frankie Palazzese

To Kit: 92W - Riley Brace


The Rangers need a quality OA and Brace would be just that.

I believe (but I may be wrong) that Missy is without a veteran goaltender and short one import player. If that is the case, in Bezuch, Missy would get an offensive talent who, by all accounts, should be close to point a game player. In Palazzese, they'd get a #1 goalie who would be a very good candidate to be around for an OA season next year.

Thoughts?

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 05:51 AM
  #328
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I have questions regarding the fact the Rangers have three imports in camp.

OHL teams can only have two imports on the roster. This year was the 1st year teams could pick an import player as insurance should they lose one of their two protected imports off their roster prematurely. (Call it the Boedker/Landeskog rule for Ranger fans). So, the Rangers chose Juraj Bezuch in this year's import draft.

With that in mind, the questions:

1) Since the NHL and NHLPA are in negotiations, how long can the Rangers have all three imports in Kitchener? Is there a cut off date? Has there been an exception made to any possible cut off date in the event there is a delay to the NHL season? Can any two imports play games once the OHL season starts?

2) In the event there is an NHL season, how long do the Rangers have to "deal with" the three import situation once Faksa is returned to the Rangers?

3) If Faksa is returned, does Bezuch have to be the odd man out? Example: What if, by the time Faksa has returned (who knows, that could be a while), Rieder has sustained some type of season ending injury. Could the Rangers then opt to keep Bezuch over Rieder?


Considering the Rangers are looking for at least two OA's, and should be dealing Bezuch, would a deal like the following (maybe pick(s) involved as well) make sense for both sides?

To Missy: 93W - Juraj Bezuch
93G - Frankie Palazzese

To Kit: 92W - Riley Brace


The Rangers need a quality OA and Brace would be just that.

I believe (but I may be wrong) that Missy is without a veteran goaltender and short one import player. If that is the case, in Bezuch, Missy would get an offensive talent who, by all accounts, should be close to point a game player. In Palazzese, they'd get a #1 goalie who would be a very good candidate to be around for an OA season next year.

Thoughts?
Since the same thing is happening with Quebec, same rules must apply to Kitchener.

1) As long as there is a lock out, the team can keep the three imports on their roster. However, you have to stick with the same two until the lock out is over, the third one can stay on your list but he can't play.

2) The team will have 14 days to trade or release one of the imports once Faksa is sent back.

3) Once Faksa returns, the team can trade or release any of the three.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 09:17 AM
  #329
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
After watching this weekends games, I too was thinking what the situation is with Bezuch. He is one of the player that stood out at times.

You would have to think he's in a difficult situation right now. He has to know that if Rieder and Faksa come back after NHL camps (if they happen) that he is the odd man out. As well if it is a prolonged lockout, he is still the odd man out. You would think at this point that he is auditioning for a roster spot elsewhere.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
  #330
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I have questions regarding the fact the Rangers have three imports in camp.

OHL teams can only have two imports on the roster. This year was the 1st year teams could pick an import player as insurance should they lose one of their two protected imports off their roster prematurely. (Call it the Boedker/Landeskog rule for Ranger fans). So, the Rangers chose Juraj Bezuch in this year's import draft.

With that in mind, the questions:

1) Since the NHL and NHLPA are in negotiations, how long can the Rangers have all three imports in Kitchener? Is there a cut off date? Has there been an exception made to any possible cut off date in the event there is a delay to the NHL season? Can any two imports play games once the OHL season starts?

2) In the event there is an NHL season, how long do the Rangers have to "deal with" the three import situation once Faksa is returned to the Rangers?

3) If Faksa is returned, does Bezuch have to be the odd man out? Example: What if, by the time Faksa has returned (who knows, that could be a while), Rieder has sustained some type of season ending injury. Could the Rangers then opt to keep Bezuch over Rieder?


Considering the Rangers are looking for at least two OA's, and should be dealing Bezuch, would a deal like the following (maybe pick(s) involved as well) make sense for both sides?

To Missy: 93W - Juraj Bezuch
93G - Frankie Palazzese

To Kit: 92W - Riley Brace


The Rangers need a quality OA and Brace would be just that.

I believe (but I may be wrong) that Missy is without a veteran goaltender and short one import player. If that is the case, in Bezuch, Missy would get an offensive talent who, by all accounts, should be close to point a game player. In Palazzese, they'd get a #1 goalie who would be a very good candidate to be around for an OA season next year.

Thoughts?
I'm not sure you'll see Frankie dealt until Gibson is confirmed that he'll be back from the NHL then there's also the time away for Gibson during the WJHC.
IMHO....you'll see two separate deals in regards to Bezuch and FP, having separate deals deals tend to maximize the returns.
Of course in both deals pending what's involved players and picks could be involved (coming and going).
One team that could use Bezuch is Kingston.
They've had a horrendous history in getting imports and I believe (too busy to confirm right now) that they have two spots open.
Not sure what they have that could interest Spott.

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 10:29 AM
  #331
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
One team that could use Bezuch is Kingston.
They've had a horrendous history in getting imports and I believe (too busy to confirm right now) that they have two spots open.
Not sure what they have that could interest Spott.
Kingston has both spots filled. Henri Ikonen and Mikko Vainonen. Can't comment on Ikonen, but Vainonen is a quality player.

Mississauga and Oshawa each have one spot open, but Id guess someone like Sondre Olden would be coveted ahead of Bezuch.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 10:34 AM
  #332
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Kingston has both spots filled. Henri Ikonen and Mikko Vainonen. Can't comment on Ikonen, but Vainonen is a quality player.

Mississauga and Oshawa each have one spot open, but Id guess someone like Sondre Olden would be coveted ahead of Bezuch.
Just wondering what your insight would be on teams that could use an upgrade on their current import for Bezuch?

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  #333
ohlman22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Caught a Newmarket preseason game saw brandon get 5 pts. His skating is way advanced to the other players

ohlman22 is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 11:54 PM
  #334
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Since the same thing is happening with Quebec, same rules must apply to Kitchener.

1) As long as there is a lock out, the team can keep the three imports on their roster. However, you have to stick with the same two until the lock out is over, the third one can stay on your list but he can't play.

2) The team will have 14 days to trade or release one of the imports once Faksa is sent back.

3) Once Faksa returns, the team can trade or release any of the three.

Thanks for the info. It cleared up a lot of uncertainty.

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
  #335
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I'm not sure you'll see Frankie dealt until Gibson is confirmed that he'll be back from the NHL then there's also the time away for Gibson during the WJHC.

Frankie won't be dealt until Gibson comes back. But if I'm Spott, I deal Frankie shortly after Gibson comes back and preferrably before the WJC.

Reason being, that I'd want to have Moylan in net for the time Gibson is away at the WJC to see if he can "carry the mail" so to speak. Spott will need to know that going forward. If Moylan can, then we have a capable backup. If he can't, then Spott would have to try and pick up a capable veteran backup for what could be a long playoff run in the event that Gibson may suffer an injury.

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:01 AM
  #336
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Kingston has both spots filled. Henri Ikonen and Mikko Vainonen. Can't comment on Ikonen, but Vainonen is a quality player.

Mississauga and Oshawa each have one spot open, but Id guess someone like Sondre Olden would be coveted ahead of Bezuch.
....but, Olden is also an OA. That may make Bezuch more appealing since most teams rarely use an import spot and an OA spot on one player.

EvenSteven is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
  #337
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
....but, Olden is also an OA. That may make Bezuch more appealing since most teams rarely use an import spot and an OA spot on one player.
Olden is a better player, and there are very few quality OA's out there on the market. It's something they are looking at.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
  #338
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,476
vCash: 500
Just saw on his twitter winger Domenic Alberga 20 is now a Ranger

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:47 PM
  #339
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Its on loosepucks but nothing I see confirmed yet by the league.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:52 PM
  #340
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Its on loosepucks but nothing I see confirmed yet by the league.
Loosepucks doesn't report it unless registered with the league, thats how Terry works.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
  #341
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Its official now. Media release from the Rangers

Quote:
Kitchener Rangers General Manager and Head Coach Steve Spott announced today that the team has completed a trade with the Sarnia Sting.


In the deal, the Rangers send a sixth round pick in the 2013 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection (acquired from Windsor) to Sarnia in exchange for centre Domenic Alberga.

BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
  #342
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Loosepucks doesn't report it unless registered with the league, thats how Terry works.
Confirmed..
http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/arti...cquire-alberga

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 01:36 PM
  #343
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Good hockey trade. Alberga is a great kid and player. Brings a lot to a contending team

dean youngblood82 is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 07:56 PM
  #344
krauss72
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
You will love Alberga.

krauss72 is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 10:13 PM
  #345
EvenSteven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Good hockey trade. Alberga is a great kid and player. Brings a lot to a contending team

Well, we'll see. This isn't the high end OA forward that the Rangers need to play on their top six.

But since Spott has said he expects him to be our 3rd line checking center to play against the opponants top lines, this may be a good acquisition at a bargain. Methinks that Spott won't deal for another OA forward until he gets a much better idea as to whether AC actually sticks with the Marlies or not.

I believe that the last thing he'd want to do is have 4 valuable OA's on the roster at the deadline and be forced to give one of them away for next to nothing as was the case with Melchiori last year.


Last edited by EvenSteven: 09-05-2012 at 10:33 PM.
EvenSteven is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:09 AM
  #346
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Well, we'll see. This isn't the high end OA forward that the Rangers need to play on their top six.

But since Spott has said he expects him to be our 3rd line checking center to play against the opponants top lines, this may be a good acquisition at a bargain. Methinks that Spott won't deal for another OA forward until he gets a much better idea as to whether AC actually sticks with the Marlies or not.

I believe that the last thing he'd want to do is have 4 valuable OA's on the roster at the deadline and be forced to give one of them away for next to nothing as was the case with Melchiori last year.
I believe a large part of that Melchiori return being underwhelming was that Tyler Randall was returned last minute unexpectedly. Spott was even quoted saying he usually has a good stream of communication with NHL teams and his players, including Tyler, and was last told he wasnt coming back. You can't plan for that.

I don't see the rush personally in adding any further O/A's at the moment. Wait and see with AC (though all indication is he will not be returned. period. According to Mike Farwell). They need to add a 2C, but that doesnt have to be an O/A, and they have pieces to deal.

Franky P will need to go, along with some D. Patience allows for those asstets to be utilized in a manner that returns a quality player(s) of need.

They will know more once the NHL sorts itself out.

A question related to the NHL and potential lockout.

If the NHL is locked out, even for a couple days the OHL regular season will begin. Can players such as Gibson, Reider, Faksa, Peumple, Murphy etc be called to NHL training camp even after the season starts?

Traditionally once they are in junior thats it unless for an emergency call up. However, they havent technically been 'returned' to junior. Has this been talked about anywhere?

ORYX is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
  #347
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
If the NHL is locked out, even for a couple days the OHL regular season will begin. Can players such as Gibson, Reider, Faksa, Peumple, Murphy etc be called to NHL training camp even after the season starts?

Traditionally once they are in junior thats it unless for an emergency call up. However, they havent technically been 'returned' to junior. Has this been talked about anywhere?
Yes, they can go to the NHL camps according to Bob McKenzie on twitter...
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:31 AM
  #348
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Yes, they can go to the NHL camps according to Bob McKenzie on twitter...
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
I just read those tweets too. Funny how I ask this question and literally less then 10 minutes later Bobby Mac has the answer!

ORYX is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 10:53 AM
  #349
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I just read those tweets too. Funny how I ask this question and literally less then 10 minutes later Bobby Mac has the answer!
Oryx speaks...Bobby Mac jumps!!


Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
  #350
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
So we could still potentially lose Faksa, Rieder, Murphy and Gibson....ouch.

So right now does our lineup look something like:

Puempel - Faksa - Rieder
Thomson - Sterk - Marcantouni
Ming - Alberga - Bailey
Schmalz - Meighan/Lesway - Llewellyn

Murphy - Fanelli/Iafrate
Fanelli/Iafrate - McEneny
Genovese/Young/Gilbert

Gibson
Palazzese
Moylan

BenchedGuy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.