HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Los Angeles King & Chicago Blackhawks

Old
09-05-2012, 03:02 PM
ukyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Bishop only got a 2nd and Lindback did't even get a 1st round pick. I don't think Bernier will get close to that much.
And that's fair. What the Hawks (and Hawks fans if they want to play GM) would be willing to pay for Bernier is one thing. What the Kings actually get for Bernier (or rather are willing to accept for him) is another.

ukyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 03:06 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
There's rarely ever a goaltender that's both available for trade and not a gamble. Goaltenders get traded because they're not the #1 on their current teams; they're either backups or part of a tandem. In either case, they're not the #1 for a reason. The closest thing to an exception this offseason is Luongo, who's a huge gamble for other reasons.

There's always huge uncertainty in this position, but try to use that as an excuse to cheap out and "minmax" on this position, and you get the Flyers of the past decade or the Blues of shortly before that.
For sure, I am so fed up with the current situation that I am very willing to overpay for a legitimate potential solution. Bowman wouldn't though, which is why it is the way it is. I do firmly believe that L.A. will not get this package from anyone, nor do I believe anyone would offer it, maybe close to this but not quite 2 1sts.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote