Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

My WR Deep Enough?

Old
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
RedRenegade

vCash: 500
My WR Deep Enough?

First time NFL fantasy player. I have two slots in my league for WR and right now I have Fitzgerald, Harvin and Demaryius Thomas. Should I be looking to add a 4th receiver?

RedRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

No, I like your WRs. All of them should have good seasons.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Yes you should. There are always injuries and BYEs. Its good to have a 4th.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
You will need more receivers later in the season. I would wait until you need one or until a sleeper comes around and pick him up and get rid of someone that is under performing on your team at the time.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:03 PM
BGDDYKWL

Those three are real solid, but yeah you should have minimum 4 receivers total. Actually, the one instance where I might advise against that is if you don't have a RB limit and you've stacked your bench with quality backups like Tate, Wilson, Turbin, Bush, Spiller, Leshoure, etc. I wouldn't drop any of those guys for a free agent WR.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:04 PM
RedRenegade

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I'm going to keep an eye out for another receiver to pick up when the time's right. Can't wait for the season to get started!

Old
09-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Who is available in FA, and who is expendable on your team?

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
RedRenegade

Well to be honest it was a weird draft that paused about 3/4 of the way through. I just wasn't sure if I should focus on other positions or take more WR with the remainder of my picks.

I followed your guys advice and added two more wideouts, Greg Little (homer pick) and Lance Moore. I was kind of hoping to bolster my RB some more because I feel less confident in that group but am gonna try a balance depth approach for now.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:36 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I cant believe both Little and Moore were still out there for you to snag.....how many teams are in this league?

You just picked up 2 likely top 30-40 wideouts off the waivers...pretty good stuff

I would also look at Lestar Jean from Houston...if he can step up and overtake Walter for #2 receiver, he could be this years Victor Cruz

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I cant believe both Little and Moore were still out there for you to snag.....how many teams are in this league?

You just picked up 2 likely top 30-40 wideouts off the waivers...pretty good stuff

I would also look at Lestar Jean from Houston...if he can step up and overtake Walter for #2 receiver, he could be this years Victor Cruz
I actually drafted Keshawn Martin in one of my leagues. I like his upside more than Jean and he had a better pre-season. I also have Andre Johnson, so Martin is a handcuff, if you will.

If you look on the 2nd to last page on the "post your squad" thread I have a very unproven rookie bench in that league. 12 team league 16 roster spots and towards the last 5 or so rounds there was nobody I really liked left (and if there was he would go a pick or 2 before me) so I just took upside rather than the Brian Hartline's and Ronnie Brown's of the world, who I'd most likely just drop eventually anyway.

One guy took like 9 WRs and another has like 6 or 7 RBs and it screwed up the whole depth of the draft.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 04:20 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I actually drafted Keshawn Martin in one of my leagues. I like his upside more than Jean and he had a better pre-season. I also have Andre Johnson, so Martin is a handcuff, if you will.

If you look on the 2nd to last page on the "post your squad" thread I have a very unproven rookie bench in that league. 12 team league 16 roster spots and towards the last 5 or so rounds there was nobody I really liked left (and if there was he would go a pick or 2 before me) so I just took upside rather than the Brian Hartline's and Ronnie Brown's of the world, who I'd most likely just drop eventually anyway.

One guy took like 9 WRs and another has like 6 or 7 RBs and it screwed up the whole depth of the draft.
from everything I have heard Martin is in the doghouse bigtime as the dude has fumbled BIGTIME....and receivers that fumble get buried!

Lestar Jean is still my guy to get as he is more athletic then Martin and has better hands, though I agree Martin had a solid preseason minus the butterfingers....I like both kids as I feel Houston can easily throw a lot to both of them with or without Andre Johnson.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote