HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Saad for Plekanec

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
intylerwetrust
Space Oddity

vCash: 500
Saad for Plekanec

deal?

Old
09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Exit Dose

I'm not going to get into value, but I think this is bad move for Montreal. Losing Pleks for the current flavor-of-the-month prospect is a massive step backwards for them. Beregevin did well enough in the last draft that they don't need to chase down futures.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Done.

Hab fans won't like it.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:01 PM
TurdFerguson

Seems a bit more like a mid season trade, also seems like something Bowman would do if he's worried about his job.

From a fan's perspective: Would you be alright with McNeill? They're our top 2 prospects, but we're more willing to trade a C if we're getting a C.

But yeah, deal.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Mrb1p

Again ? Seriously? Toews for Leblanc ?

Old
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Saad is a good starting piece...

Old
09-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
Seems a bit more like a mid season trade, also seems like something Bowman would do if he's worried about his job.

From a fan's perspective: Would you be alright with McNeill? They're our top 2 prospects, but we're more willing to trade a C if we're getting a C.
Rather Saad for his size and frankly, if Galchenyuk lives up to even half his potential we have no need of another center. I would want a little more coming back with Saad considering Plekanec is a highly valuable two way player. No roster players but a good pick and/or prospect lower on the radar would balance it out.

While many Hab fans disagree. I advocate this is the direction Montreal ought to take provided they are not in a playoff spot by the deadline (when a trade like this would happen.) High probability would say we are not a playoff team this year and adding a prospect like Saad would be excellent when you factor in who we have.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
That

Saad is the exact type of prospect we need, but I just can't see the Habs doing it right now. Plekanec is way to important to the team, and Eller hasn't shown me he's ready to immediately takes Plekanec's role on the team (Specifically offensively).

If Galchenyuk makes the team out of camp (which is highly, highly unlikely), and proves he can produce consistently, or if Eller steps up offensively, then this trade would make a lot more sense.

It also probably take a little bit more than Saad, not too much though. He's underrated around here.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Rather Saad for his size and frankly, if Galchenyuk lives up to even half his potential we have no need of another center. I would want a little more coming back with Saad considering Plekanec is a highly valuable two way player. No roster players but a good pick and/or prospect lower on the radar would balance it out.

While many Hab fans disagree. I advocate this is the direction Montreal ought to take provided they are not in a playoff spot by the deadline (when a trade like this would happen.) High probability would say we are not a playoff team this year and adding a prospect like Saad would be excellent when you factor in who we have.
So, by trading Plekanec at the end of the season you completely abandon the next year.

You know, Plekanec is 30 years old he still has 3-4 prime years.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

So, trade the finished product for the one that has yet to be assembled?

I think Saad will be a great NHL'er but jesus is he ever being overrated like any other "darling" prospect in here.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
PeterForsberg

Saad + Morin? Or two 2nd's.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:

We don't have a ton of picks next year, what kind of low-radar prospect would you need?

Old
09-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
So, by trading Plekanec at the end of the season you completely abandon the next year.

You know, Plekanec is 30 years old he still has 3-4 prime years.
And in three or four years when we're actually competing for a playoff berth consistently, will he be? Even if he is Saad would have another ten years, whereas Plekanec would not. Trade Plek at the deadline if we're out of it and yes, we tank another year. I fail to see how another top five pick would be viewed negatively. I'm tired of the Habs clawing their way in most of the time. I want them to be what Pittsburgh, Vancouver and Philly are now.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Don't do it Montreal.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:56 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitimes View Post
Don't do it Montreal.
We wouldn't.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Chicago needs to add more pieces for this deal to be fair. Pleks is already a successful NHL player. Saad is unproven.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Again ? Seriously? Toews for Leblanc ?
Pretty sure OP is a habs fan, so its not the Hawks proposing this

Also, Toews is not even close to Plekanec, but nice try.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
And in three or four years when we're actually competing for a playoff berth consistently, will he be? Even if he is Saad would have another ten years, whereas Plekanec would not. Trade Plek at the deadline if we're out of it and yes, we tank another year. I fail to see how another top five pick would be viewed negatively. I'm tired of the Habs clawing their way in most of the time. I want them to be what Pittsburgh, Vancouver and Philly are now.
Evaluate our core pieces atm. P.K., Price and Patches. This group of three can rivalize with any core of any team. What we need is not more core pieces it's too add to it. Sure i'd love another Mackinnon, but i'd love 1023931 times more a great playoff run.

Plekanec is what 30 team dreamed, dream and will be dreaming of. We have one of those incredibly versatile player that can do it all, while having outstanding attitude and leadership. Why in the hell trade that for futures ? HF boards will always amaze me.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I thought Teravainen was the target Montreal was looking for?(as a starting piece, of course)

Old
09-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Pretty sure OP is a habs fan, so its not the Hawks proposing this

Also, Toews is not even close to Plekanec, but nice try.
Toews best season ; 76 1 year ago. Plekanec's best season 70 2 years ago.
Who's the better leader ? Toews for sure take it. Who's the better 2-way player ? Pretty equal heh ? Who's paid more ? Who's playing with Hossa, Sharp and Kane ? Who had Cammaleri and Kostitsyn ?

I'd take Toews 393983934 times before Plekanec. But Toews is not what you guy's say he is.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
We wouldn't.
Ok good. But sorry to dampen the thread, if he were up for bid on a prospect basis, I think it would be suitable for Dallas to offer Montreal kid, Alex Chiasson. Just for fun of course, cuz pretty sure Nieuwendyk has his heart set on seeing the kid in the lineup, and from all the reports he projects to be a solid bet for the Stars top 6 in the not so distance future...

Old
09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Chicago has to add, for sure.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:34 PM
palindrom

As a Montreal fan, its almost a yes from me. i dont really mind taking a step back for the next few years.

I would like to make a Plekanec auction thread and see what is the best offer we could get for him. Of course in real i would shop Plekanec around and see how the other offer compare to Saad.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Toews best season ; 76 1 year ago. Plekanec's best season 70 2 years ago.
Who's the better leader ? Toews for sure take it. Who's the better 2-way player ? Pretty equal heh ? Who's paid more ? Who's playing with Hossa, Sharp and Kane ? Who had Cammaleri and Kostitsyn ?

I'd take Toews 393983934 times before Plekanec. But Toews is not what you guy's say he is.
LOL

Defensively: Toews>>Plekanec

Old
09-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I thought Teravainen was the target Montreal was looking for?(as a starting piece, of course)
This would be my thinking. The only problem with that is if we trade Plekanec we could very well end up with Monahan or Barkov at next years' draft.

Closed Thread