HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread Part IX: WTF is Pitkanen worth anyway? Not $4.5 million apparently ‎

Old
09-05-2012, 11:28 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Babchuk Crunch View Post
Y'all know you can drink beer in a Chuck E. Cheese? It's more expensive than it has any right to be, but it makes the Chuck E. Cheese experience very different.
Sadly, they have adopted a 1-beer-per-hour policy. You can't imagine how upset I was the first time they told me this.

Imagine the feeling inside your head after an hour at Chuck E Cheese having had exactly ONE overpriced beer. I'm pretty sure the government isn't allowed to do that to POWs.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Sadly, they have adopted a 1-beer-per-hour policy. You can't imagine how upset I was the first time they told me this.

Imagine the feeling inside your head after an hour at Chuck E Cheese having had exactly ONE overpriced beer. I'm pretty sure the government isn't allowed to do that to POWs.
Funny story, me and my buddy, while waiting for a movie to start, tried to go for a drink at a Chuck E Cheese here in Calgary, but they have some sort of anti pedophile law, where you have to have a kid with you to get in.

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Funny story, me and my buddy, while waiting for a movie to start, tried to go for a drink at a Chuck E Cheese here in Calgary, but they have some sort of anti pedophile law, where you have to have a kid with you to get in.
I'm am 100%, unequivocally in favor of that rule.

Anton Dubinchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Mr America

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
Dalpe was the best player in camp last summer. He shocked a LOT of people when he failed to stick around as a full time player last fall.
Didn't he get hurt or sick right at the end of camp/beginning of last season? That put him behind the eight ball last season.

Mr America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 07:32 AM
TheBigKahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post

I think that TBK's love for Dalpe is absurd and will surely disappoint.

Sorry to disappoint, but my love is directed elsewhere. I just think Dalpe has the higher ceiling of the two.

Boychuck is a 1st round bust.

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint, but my love is directed elsewhere. I just think Dalpe has the higher ceiling of the two.

Boychuck is a 1st round bust.
Ah, but is Boychuk?

Anton Dubinchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:21 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
That's another company policy. And really, who can argue with denying childless adults the option to get drunk at a Chuck E Cheese?

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

Quote:
Does anybody *really* think that it's a coincidence that this anti-pedophile rule is in Calgary? I don't think Airdrie is that far from Calgary, is it? All signs point to this rule being instated due to several instances in which Zach Boychuk abducted small children from a Calgary Chuck E. Cheese's.

I'm not making any accusations. I'm just asking questions. Certainly Zach Boychuk's tweets of going to a football game show a sick, depraved person, so this is the next logical step.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
bleedgreen

Still waiting for the proof kahuna.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I have long since thought that Boychuk was not going to be a valuable professional player as in not a top six guy. I must admit that a lot of the speculation regarding his character has been generated more from observational and anecdotal "evidence", but if you have a gut feeling about a kid then there is no problem at all expressing that as long as its prefaced by the fact that it's only an opinion that has been mildly spurred by wink wink nudge nudge comments made by guys at certain points like Branecky, Daniels, and Rutherford. The comments themselves relatively benign, but having your name brought up by those guys isn't exactly something you want to see. The quotes themselves aren't much to go on in my opinion, but they're there if you've got an agenda based on what you've subjectively observed in the player's attitude that fits with your narrative regarding why he hasn't had success.

I am of the opinion that Boychuk is just a rotten employee. I won't pretend to know him, but the fact that he has fallen out of favor at such a tremendous pace has to speak to something not being right about his development or his game. I have observed some of those weaknesses in the past and it's no sense getting into them again here, but the criticism that Boychuk gets from me I feel like he deserves.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
I love it whn people make crap up. Boychuk is "known" to have a lazy streak. Rutherford tore him up publicly. That's funny. Boychuk was in a group of players "torn up" by jr including dalpe for not having great seasons. All this reading between the lines in what coaches/gms get quoted saying or tweets loses all purpose when used to forward ones biased agenda against a player.
Whether you believe it or not, JR did say that he was disappointed that Boychuk didn't show up to camp until the day before.

Dalpe and Bowman were NOT demoted to the 4th line in Charlotte either. Boychuk, on the other hand, was.

I don't know, but if I had a chance to grab a spot in the NHL for the past 2 years, and I haven't stuck yet. Then i'm watching other guys get call ups over me. I think I'd change what I do. I think I might cut my summer a few weeks short and get to my city and start hanging with the team. The coaches do show up and watch. I think i'd let them know that I mean business and its going to be hard to send me back to Charlotte. But that's just me. Unfortunetly for Boychuk, its just not a hard decision to send him up the road.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
Whether you believe it or not, JR did say that he was disappointed that Boychuk didn't show up to camp until the day before.

Dalpe and Bowman were NOT demoted to the 4th line in Charlotte either. Boychuk, on the other hand, was.

I don't know, but if I had a chance to grab a spot in the NHL for the past 2 years, and I haven't stuck yet. Then i'm watching other guys get call ups over me. I think I'd change what I do. I think I might cut my summer a few weeks short and get to my city and start hanging with the team. The coaches do show up and watch. I think i'd let them know that I mean business and its going to be hard to send me back to Charlotte. But that's just me. Unfortunetly for Boychuk, its just not a hard decision to send him up the road.
Again, last year Boychuk showed up August 31st. Did him no good. In fact it was the worst season of his professional career.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM
TheBigKahuna

Quote:
Still waiting for the proof kahuna.

WTF are you babbling on about?

Old
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes
No new additions at today's #Canes informal skate. E. Staal, Pitkanen, Nodl absent.
Oh great. Pitkanen is probably already injured and E. Staal is already getting lazy. You would think that after starting off every season so slowly that E. Staal would be putting in the extra time now to get in shape for the season.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Like Our Group View Post
Does anybody *really* think that it's a coincidence that this anti-pedophile rule is in Calgary? I don't think Airdrie is that far from Calgary, is it? All signs point to this rule being instated due to several instances in which Zach Boychuk abducted small children from a Calgary Chuck E. Cheese's.

I'm not making any accusations. I'm just asking questions. Certainly Zach Boychuk's tweets of going to a football game show a sick, depraved person, so this is the next logical step.
It's about 20 min north of the airport, which is on the northern edge of the city. So ya it's close. Scary coincidence.

Also, to clarify my earlier post, I agree 110% with the rule, we just got a chuckle out of it cause the theatre we were at has two other bars we were sick of so we though we'd go for a beer at Chuck E Cheese as a joke but were turned away.

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Just fyi if anyone is or has a kid that's an Anthony Stewart fan. He'll be at Dream Sports Center in Apex signing autographs tonight (for a small donation to charity).

http://www.dreamsportscenter.com/201...-fight-cancer/

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:07 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
WTF are you babbling on about?
I asked for all the proof you have that boychuk is lazy. You state it's known. You've become the loudest voice in the room about him, I'm askin you to back it up so we can all have a logical debate about it. Vagrant came out and said his is anecdotal, and that he is reading between the lines in what people have said and used it as a backing for just not liking the kid. Fair enough, but to me it's admission there is no proof and it's just his very early made opinion that he's sticking to.

You reference similar things that it's "known" boychuk is this way. I'm asking you to back up anything you say in terms of proof. Show us links to
Interviews or whatever that backs up jr and staff have torn him up so we can have an actual review of the facts. The burden of proof is on the accuser. You accuse him of these things so I'm asking you to proof it to the best of your abilities.

Mostly because I think you're full of crap.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:34 PM
TheBigKahuna

Quote:
I asked for all the proof you have that boychuk is lazy. You state it's known. You've become the loudest voice in the room about him, I'm askin you to back it up so we can all have a logical debate about it. Vagrant came out and said his is anecdotal, and that he is reading between the lines in what people have said and used it as a backing for just not liking the kid. Fair enough, but to me it's admission there is no proof and it's just his very early made opinion that he's sticking to.

You reference similar things that it's "known" boychuk is this way. I'm asking you to back up anything you say in terms of proof. Show us links to
Interviews or whatever that backs up jr and staff have torn him up so we can have an actual review of the facts. The burden of proof is on the accuser. You accuse him of these things so I'm asking you to proof it to the best of your abilities.

Oh...you're bitter! How cute.

I've watched Boychuk with my own eyes. The effort simply isn't there. He's got lazy written all over him. JR was asked point blank on 99.9 last year, why Samson, Dalpe and Bowman seemingly had moved ahead of Boychuk in terms of callups. And JR without hesitation went on to criticize Boychuk for coming into camp out of shape and not playing up to expectations. If you failed to hear that interview, that's your problem.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:43 PM
bleedgreen

A) not bitter at all. You could possibly convince me of your side of this with some effort. I'm not on boychuks side as much as I seem. I just don't buy the whole character assassination thing that goes in here every year. Petty and obviously uninformed.

B) from the rest if your response I take it you're incapable of even trying, which at least exposes your opinion as what it actually is. Just a personal bias with loose references to a "truth" that doesn't exist. I expected as much.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:

Quote:
I always look forward to this time, he said. Ive been waiting patiently, and now tonight is my chance to show the new coach what I can do.

Boychuk said new because he hasnt been recalled since head coach Kirk Muller took over coaching duties at the end of November. A number of forwards have made the trip to and from Charlotte since then.
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=619639

Doesn't take much to read between the lines there.

Quote:
He certainly shows signs of what we expect and signs that hell be an NHL player, but its a consistency thing now, said Rutherford. It has to be shift after shift after shift, game in and game out. Thats what were going to want to see when hes in Charlotte.
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539020

Boychuk has to be more consistent.

And then there was the end of the season presser where Boychuk was one of the players he singled out as "disappointed with their progression".

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
La Huracanista

Why do people always overreact to who shows up to these informal skates?

I think Chip should stop reporting the stupid names. It's meaningless.

La Huracanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Gr8Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Huracanista View Post
Why do people always overreact to who shows up to these informal skates?

I think Chip should stop reporting the stupid names. It's meaningless.
Well he's got to have a job, all he does is Canes news and nothing really is going on right now

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

In non-Boychuk news:

Quote:
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

Canes GM Jim Rutherford says contract negotiations continue with Jeremy Welsh. "I'd like to think we can get it done by next week," he says.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
La Huracanista

woohoo. Yay for real (and good) news

La Huracanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
In non-Boychuk news:
Almost forgot he still doesn't have a contract. What the heck could be taking so long.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote