HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2012, 09:08 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
But he said "20's" and Teravainen went 18th...
Probably both. I couldn't believe how far Forsberg and Teravainen fell. And they go to contenders like Caps and Hawks

Old
09-05-2012, 04:42 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
I dont think anyone was thinking this.
Just the prevalent thought in my mind at the time.Good call.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Probably both. I couldn't believe how far Forsberg and Teravainen fell. And they go to contenders like Caps and Hawks
People thought Pittsburgh got a steal with Esposito. In time we'll find out if Forsberg, Teravainen, or even Galchenyuk are NHLers.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
People thought Pittsburgh got a steal with Esposito. In time we'll find out if Forsberg, Teravainen, or even Galchenyuk are NHLers.
That's not what I recall re Esposito. He had alot of questions about his compete level amongst other things.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Roulin

Quote:
It was an interesting draft. So many teams drafted dmen earlier than expected! I wonder how long that trend will continue? In terms of just forwards:

Yakupov
Galchenyuk
Forsberg
Grigorenko
Faksa
Girgensons
Wilson
Hertl
Teravainen

...the order is closer to projections. A team will often reach for Wilson's player type.

As an aside, I wonder if Forsberg could end up as trade bait? Washington must be in "win now" mode.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
It was an interesting draft. So many teams drafted dmen earlier than expected! I wonder how long that trend will continue? In terms of just forwards:

Yakupov
Galchenyuk
Forsberg
Grigorenko
Faksa
Girgensons
Wilson
Hertl
Teravainen

...the order is closer to projections. A team will often reach for Wilson's player type.

As an aside, I wonder if Forsberg could end up as trade bait? Washington must be in "win now" mode.
Sadly for them, I think the "win now" impulse in Washington has wrecked what was a really good team. Look up and down their lineup honestly and you can't say they're much of an offensive force anymore. Especially since number 8's 60 goal days seem behind him.

Old
09-05-2012, 04:26 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Sadly for them, I think the "win now" impulse in Washington has wrecked what was a really good team. Look up and down their lineup honestly and you can't say they're much of an offensive force anymore. Especially since number 8's 60 goal days seem behind him.
It looks pretty good right now if everyone is healthy. Promising G, solid D and with Ribeiro they look more well rounded. They need another talented winger, could be Galiev. Whenever Kuz and Forsberg are ready, they're gonna make an impact.

Old
09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
It looks pretty good right now if everyone is healthy. Promising G, solid D and with Ribeiro they look more well rounded. They need another talented winger, could be Galiev. Whenever Kuz and Forsberg are ready, they're gonna make an impact.
Their 2nd line is a shadow of its former self without Semin and the 2012-13 version of Riberio doesn't compensate for him. Semin carried Johansson to the point he almost looked respectable as a 2nd center, but if you look at what his game was like without one of Ovechkin or Semin on the ice it isn't pretty.

The big thing is Riberio's defensive game has fallen off so much. Semin's offensive didn't come at the expense of goals against, Riberio's does these days. Riberio-Laich would have been a good basis for a 2nd line a few years ago but I don't think it is now.

They can rebound if the guys in their system become good contributors but as of right now they are a shadow of their former selves at forward having shed to much talent and their top guy no longer being the best offensive threat in the game.

Nice defense though, plenty to like there. I've been a big Carlson fan for a while, almost as good as Subban, and they have some good other pieces as well.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:48 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

True but I still think Ribeiro will thrive in Washington. He's a fantastic 2nd line centre capable of playing temporary 1st line and he has the talent to keep up with whoever he plays with. I have a feeling a prospect will step up and I'm thinking Galiev. The year after possibly Kuz probably Forsberg. Not to mention Semin's cap space can be spent to improve.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
True but I still think Ribeiro will thrive in Washington. He's a fantastic 2nd line centre capable of playing temporary 1st line and he has the talent to keep up with whoever he plays with. I have a feeling a prospect will step up and I'm thinking Galiev. The year after possibly Kuz probably Forsberg. Not to mention Semin's cap space can be spent to improve.
I'm basing this on what I've been hearing from guys out of Dallas that his ability to play has been in serious decline recently.

I really doubt Galiev is ready to do more than fill a spot, I'm not super familiar with him but he looks like a really good but not dominant junior player. I don't think he's any more than what Johansson was at 20.

Now if they got Kuzentzov they'd be cooking again, but he's in Russia for at least another year and might never come.

Old
09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Ranford and Sarault...that might never amount to anything, but those are 2 smart invitations.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:47 AM
crakced

It's summer so news is slow....but here's something from the Blades color commentator

Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove

Saskatoon Blades defencemen and #Habs prospects Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower are both enrolled in french classes. Take note Montreal.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced View Post
It's summer so news is slow....but here's something from the Blades color commentator

Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove

Saskatoon Blades defencemen and #Habs prospects Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower are both enrolled in french classes. Take note Montreal.
I like that! Not necessarily because they'll speak french, but because it shows they want to be habs and please the fans. If most of our past prospects had shown that level of dedication/will to be habs, we'd be in a better situation. I like to think that it's an effect of the new management/development personal that is actually helping our prospects to be proud (potential) habs.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:46 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Archambault with 9 assists in 4 pre-season games. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and put up some reasonable numbers that a former #1 overall QMJHL draft pick should put up.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Ranford and Sarault...that might never amount to anything, but those are 2 smart invitations.
Has Stefan Fournier been invited to a team's camp? Considering his size and his play during the preseason in Halifax, would it be an interesting move to do just that? I know he was invited to Pittsburgh camp last year.

Last edited by Fozz: 09-08-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old
09-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Has Stefan Fournier been invited to a team's camp? Considering his size and his play during the preseason in Halifax, would it be an interesting move to do just that? I know he was invited to Pittsburgh camp last year.
I would definately invite him as well. Not sure if he was invited by a team though.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Was just wondering, was Andre Bouvet-Morrissette just a training camp tryout, or he was given an actual contract ? I don't remember the story on him quite well enough...

Any other news concerning Sarault ? And does someone knows if Maxime Villemaire, who finished last season with the Sea Dogs, got a tryout somewhere ? Thanks !

Old
09-08-2012, 07:50 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Villemaire got an AHL contract a while back. Tough SOB.

Bouvet wasn't signed.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:59 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Was just wondering, was Andre Bouvet-Morrissette just a training camp tryout, or he was given an actual contract ? I don't remember the story on him quite well enough...
He only came to our private draft combine and then signed with Milwaukee in August.

Habs Prospects website
Old
09-09-2012, 02:01 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars0987 View Post
Archambault with 9 assists in 4 pre-season games. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and put up some reasonable numbers that a former #1 overall QMJHL draft pick should put up.
Archambault,Bozon and Hudon represent some pretty talented LW prospects for the Hamilton Bulldogs and the future Montreal Canadiens.The actual depth in the system hasn't been this good since the 70's,Bergevin has brought together an "Elite Staff " to ensure the best possible results from them.The future draft picks will continue to show the same type of results,due to the impeccable Scouting Staff he has brought on board.Mellanby,Lapointe and Brisebois will co-ordinate the efforts of prospects,so that they are prepared for the AHL coaches and finally the Habs coaches.The next three years should culminate with a Montreal Canadiens team capable of winning the Stanley Cup every year IMO.

Old
09-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Schwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Archambault,Bozon and Hudon represent some pretty talented LW prospects for the Hamilton Bulldogs and the future Montreal Canadiens.The actual depth in the system hasn't been this good since the 70's,Bergevin has brought together an "Elite Staff " to ensure the best possible results from them.The future draft picks will continue to show the same type of results,due to the impeccable Scouting Staff he has brought on board.Mellanby,Lapointe and Brisebois will co-ordinate the efforts of prospects,so that they are prepared for the AHL coaches and finally the Habs coaches.The next three years should culminate with a Montreal Canadiens team capable of winning the Stanley Cup every year IMO.
Add Madden in there and we've got a pretty good fourth line!

Old
09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Add Madden in there and we've got a pretty good fourth line!
Somehow, you think that the Habs did that for a reason. Lapointe, Brisebois, Madden, Mowers, Gallant, Daigneault, Bergevin, Mellanby, Lefebvre, Dufresne, Boisvert etc....Coaches could line a pretty solid team against our team to practice....

Old
09-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Galchenyuk with the GWG and an assist vs Windsor in a 4-3 win. No points for Vail.

Old
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I like that! Not necessarily because they'll speak french, but because it shows they want to be habs and please the fans. If most of our past prospects had shown that level of dedication/will to be habs, we'd be in a better situation. I like to think that it's an effect of the new management/development personal that is actually helping our prospects to be proud (potential) habs.
If our fans showed even a moderate level of intelligence we would be in a MUCH better situation. How many coaches/players have not come to montreal because of this language nonsense?

Old
09-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If our fans showed even a moderate level of intelligence we would be in a MUCH better situation. How many coaches/players have not come to montreal because of this language nonsense?
I know, but it's easier to have dedicated players than intelligent/comprehensive fans. Still, I believe things will change when we win the cup with only a few Quebec players. This group of fan only remember '93 with all the Quebec guys.

Closed Thread