HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHL Center Ice..

Old
08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
markie8002000

vCash: 500
NHL Center Ice..

Is anyone thinking of or going to be getting it this year with the lockout possibly happening.

Last edited by markie8002000: 08-31-2012 at 03:59 PM.
markie8002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I don't have it, but some close family friends do. Watching it at their house makes me want to buy in. Hockey 24/7

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:03 PM
MrJoshua

I'll get it, but not until the CBA is worked out.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Mine is set for auto renewal.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Will there not be refunds in case of lockout?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Will there not be refunds in case of lockout?
Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:42 PM
predfan98

I cancelled my auto renewal on Direct tv. They're very difficult to work with concerning sports packages.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I cancelled my auto renewal on Direct tv. They're very difficult to work with concerning sports packages.
I haven't had much trouble with them. I'm waiting to see how well they live up to the promise of Sunday Ticket as part of my move.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 10:51 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
DirecTV is being cool about the possible lockout, by not charging for CI until its confirmed there is a season.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
I have direct tv and they are being very reasonable about this.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 07:28 AM
predfan98

well, I must have contacted a grumpy or poorly trained direct tv rep...... they told me that i would be charged the whole rate for direct tv center ice if they even played half a season........... unless i cancelled the auto renewal.

Old
09-01-2012, 01:44 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

It amazes me the differences between one customer service rep and another regarding the same question. Sometimes if I don't want to escalate a call (go above their head... it can get them in trouble) I'll just politely end the call, and then call back in a couple of minutes. I'm pretty much guaranteed to get someone new, and there is a good shot they know what's going on.

As for the question, I haven't decided if it would be a good investment yet. I have the funds right now, but I think I need to wait to see how things shake out over the next few weeks. It's pretty easy to find streams and just hook the laptop up to the 55".

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/8...ckout-2012-cba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirecTV
This is your first renewal notification for 2012-13 NHL® CENTER ICE®. Because of the potential NHL labor dispute, you will not be charged until there is a confirmed season start date*. This assures that you will not pay for any missed games. Once a settlement is reached, you will begin to see a charge** for NHL® CENTER ICE® and will be set to enjoy another exciting season. If you wish to cancel, you must do so before the season starts; refunds not available after the season starts. *Season currently scheduled to start on 10/10/12 but is subject to change pending the outcome of a new NHL agreement **2012-13 renewal price is 4 payments of $42.95/month. Should there be a delay in the season and games are missed, the price will be adjusted accordingly. This amount will appear on your bill once an agreement has been made.
I have had NHL Center Ice on Comcast / TWC for the past four years. It is amazing how much better it has gotten. I will definitely subscribe again given that I live in DC.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:15 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I so wish that Insight would provide this channel. I asked them about being taken over by time warner and how time warner offers it. The rep told me that even though they are owned by time warner, they still will not be offering center ice.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:16 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
I use NHL Gamecenter Live (online version of Center Ice).

I love it because I can watch the games anywhere. Via my cell, iPad, laptop, desktop, PS3, whatever...

Oh, and did I mention that you can watch 4 games at once?

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post

I love it because I can watch the games anywhere. Via my cell, iPad, laptop, desktop, PS3, whatever...

do you have blackout issues? Can you watch a Preds game in Nashville or in another city when traveling?

Old
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
do you have blackout issues? Can you watch a Preds game in Nashville or in another city when traveling?
Same blackout rules as CI. If I'm in Nashville, I can't watch Preds games online (unless not televised locally).

Last year, I traveled to NYC, Boston, and Chicago and was able to watch the Preds vs LA Kings online via NHL Gamecenter. But I don't know if that is always the case for everyone. But it worked for me

So I'm guessing it is based on IP addresses...

Old
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
My girlfriend had Game Center two years ago. It was solid most of the time, but we definitely had some issues with freezing / black screens that would sometimes last a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes, and periodically Game Center would just crash for everyone for an entire evening game session. It might be improved by now, but I have never had a technical issue with NHL Center Ice. The one boggled telecast from last year was actually Fox Sports South's issue as a bunch of you local guys were complaining about the same thing I was seeing on Center Ice in the GDT thread.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

well they r still charging my card so i dont think they care...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Same blackout rules as CI. If I'm in Nashville, I can't watch Preds games online (unless not televised locally).

Last year, I traveled to NYC, Boston, and Chicago and was able to watch the Preds vs LA Kings online via NHL Gamecenter. But I don't know if that is always the case for everyone. But it worked for me

So I'm guessing it is based on IP addresses...
This is where it gets so confusing for me. If I'm here, I can watch on fox sports on my tv....so center ice blackout doesn't matter---- but if I am out of town and the game in nashville isn't on center ice ---where does the computer think I am? Does it pick up the network that you're hooked up to wifi on and go "oh, this computer isn't in Nashville" so you can see the game? That's kind of what it sounds like from what you're saying.

I just remember people complaining about having nhl gamecenter and then not being able to see the games.

So is the IP address also the geographic location of the computer (for some reason I thought it was more like an id code of the machine).

Anyway, I'm just trying to decide if I want to pick up nhl gamecenter specifically for long periods of time out of town when I want to see Preds games and am not in this area. And if it matters where I am physically with the computer when I initially sign up for it.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:33 PM
HeaveHo94

Quote:
This is where it gets so confusing for me. If I'm here, I can watch on fox sports on my tv....so center ice blackout doesn't matter---- but if I am out of town and the game in nashville isn't on center ice ---where does the computer think I am? Does it pick up the network that you're hooked up to wifi on and go "oh, this computer isn't in Nashville" so you can see the game? That's kind of what it sounds like from what you're saying.

I just remember people complaining about having nhl gamecenter and then not being able to see the games.

So is the IP address also the geographic location of the computer (for some reason I thought it was more like an id code of the machine).

Anyway, I'm just trying to decide if I want to pick up nhl gamecenter specifically for long periods of time out of town when I want to see Preds games and am not in this area. And if it matters where I am physically with the computer when I initially sign up for it.
they use ur IP. Its the same as wen im at my dad house and I go online and have to read spam pop ups on meeting single woman or men tonight in the same town my dad lives in. then wen i go back home to my house 30 miles away on that same website i see the same pop ups saying the same thing, but now the single men and woman are in my town. lol

Old
09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
utmfisher19

Quote:

Since the person above my tackled the IP question, I'll help with the rest.

Personally... it is for me. I mean I love Center Ice and all, but with Gamecenter, personally (doesn't mean other people have had the same experience), I've never had any issues. I get the games streamed live (in HD) via my PS3 to my tv. Or if you don't have xbox360 or ps3, you can stream it to your computer and buy a HDMI cord to transfer the screen to your tv.

Why it is for me:
1.) I watch it on my phone a lot.
2.) With Center Ice you have to record games to your DVR in order to watch it if you have missed it live. With Gamecenter, I can go back 3 years and watch archived games anytime from anywhere. To give an example, I went back and watched the Braves game vs the Phillies from September 2nd on MLB.tv (MLB's version of NHL Gamecenter Live) just last night. That was the first time I've seen the game. Without the MLB.tv, I would have never seen the game.
3.) I have DirecTv and I don't currently have a box in my bedroom. So instead of having to watch the games in my living room, I can get in my bed and watch the games on my laptop or hook my laptop up to my bedroom tv and watch it there.
4.) I like to keep up with my fantasy hockey team and GameCenter live gives you an option to give you alerts if anyone on your team has done anything of significance in the game.
5.) I pretty much always watch 2 games at once. Which you can't do with Center Ice.
6.) I travel 1 to 2 times a month and love to be able to watch the games while away without having to find a bar with the Center Ice package.

Now these are just my opinions, but that is why GameCenter is for me. If you fall under any of these categories, I'd say you should consider it as well.

Old
09-10-2012, 09:09 AM
hockey diva

I also get the online Game center package. Love what I get for the price. I have been able to watch the Preds at my mom's house in Indianapolis. Roommate loves it because he gets to watch the Sharks a lot. I also like the fantasy stats feature as well.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
HeaveHo94

I loved last year during the playoffs I was able to get the CBC feed after the game here in the states on my PS3. I had enough of Doc on NBC.

Old
09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:

Quote:
I don't have cable at home and I use NHL Gamecenter Live to watch all the Preds' home games. I live in Nashville. Getting around the local blackouts is easy if you use a VPN client. Technically, I'm watching all the games from Madrid.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote