HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Regular Season (2-1. Maybe Spiller, Maybe Jackson: Huzzah!)

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 11:17 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Cruz dropping the ball left and right thank god keeping me alive in my fantasy game...

Should have seen this upset coming, though theres no way the Giants repeat in fact I would be surprised to see them win there division....

Old
09-06-2012, 06:50 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Cruz dropping the ball left and right thank god keeping me alive in my fantasy game...

Should have seen this upset coming, though theres no way the Giants repeat in fact I would be surprised to see them win there division....

They only barely squeeked into the playoffs last year

Old
09-06-2012, 08:09 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

So the Giants are what we thought, a not so special team that just got hot at the right time.

Wow could their D have crapped the bed anymore for my fantasy team?

Old
09-06-2012, 08:10 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
They only barely squeeked into the playoffs last year
Because the Girls didn't know how to hang on to a lead!

Old
09-06-2012, 08:53 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ce=twitterfeed

Old
09-06-2012, 09:08 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
So the Giants are what we thought, a not so special team that just got hot at the right time.

Wow could their D have crapped the bed anymore for my fantasy team?
They could have not picked off Romo resulting in 2 less points in standard scoring.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

The Giants will be fine. Eli and lots of offensive weapons. It's 1 game. Way too early for judgements.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
They could have not picked off Romo resulting in 2 less points in standard scoring.
I only got 1 point out of them, if only Boley had scored...

Old
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
The Giants will be fine. Eli and lots of offensive weapons. It's 1 game. Way too early for judgements.
I know they have won 2 SB's in his time(one largely due to the defense)i'm still not sold Eli is all that great, last year was his first real great season to speak of.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:39 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
I know they have won 2 SB's in his time(one largely due to the defense)i'm still not sold Eli is all that great, last year was his first real great season to speak of.
Yeah, uh...I would take him on my team. He wins at the right time.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
The guy is great under pressure, and can hit all of the hard throws. I don't get what else this dude has to prove.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:50 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
Yeah, uh...I would take him on my team. He wins at the right time.
While he is clutch for the most part, I don't think he is Elite. Definatly above average though. Romo and Schaub both have better career numbers then him, and neither of them are Elite. While he does have two rings, he didn't deserve the superbowl mvp last year. He wasn't very good. It should have been given to a defensive player. His defense won the game for him by keeping Brady in check. That being said, Id take him on the bills any day of the week.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

That's precious.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:55 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
While he is clutch for the most part, I don't think he is Elite. Definatly above average though. Romo and Schaub both have better career numbers then him, and neither of them are Elite. While he does have two rings, he didn't deserve the superbowl mvp last year. He wasn't very good. It should have been given to a defensive player. His defense won the game for him by keeping Brady in check. That being said, Id take him on the bills any day of the week.
I would say that about the first game at least....also that lucky catch by Tyree. New England was just awful this time around, they had a lot of drops.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
You forgot the most important part of that last-sentence expression, "and twice on Sundays".

Old
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Injury updates:

Stevie held out of practice for precautionary reasons (groin). Gailey expects he'll be back tomorrow and Saturday and ready to play Sunday.
Brad Smith (groin) practiced today, and looked good according to Gailey.
Urbik (back) returned to practice after sitting yesterday, should be ready Sunday.
Pears (groin) and McGee (knee) both were full participants in practice today, so hopefully both will be ready to go Sunday.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Der Jaeger

The Giants are a unique team. They are built for post-season success, not regular season dominance. The Giants are built to compete in close games, and they don't blow folks away too often. Their offense features a complex passing game (Kevin Gilbride of run'n'shoot fame) that can break down and bog down during games. And their cover 2 defense is mostly a bend-but-don't break coverage scheme with a great pass rush. That combination doesn't lend itself to big wins, but they also don't get crushed often.

Of the Giants' 9 wins, five were tight games (win by ten points or less). Only their last two wins were over two touchdown margins.

Of the Giants' 7 losses, three were tight games, and only the Saints and the Redskins won by 14 points or more.

Playing over half their games in "tight" situations, they know how to play in even playoff games. They have a QB that plays really well under pressure, and a defensive line that degrades passing games. It's a team built to play well in tight games, but not necessarily to blow teams out.

Old
09-07-2012, 08:53 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Not a bad preview by NY Media:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...coming-sunday/

Old
09-07-2012, 08:59 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

http://wgr550.com/SIMON--What-About-...gacy-/14174408

Old
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

All 53 players were in practice today. Officially, Johnson is questionable and Urbik/Smith are probable, but they all expect to be ready to play on Sunday.

Having everyone available is huge since I'll say it right now: this is a must-win game. Yeah, I know that it's the first game of the season, but they need to start the season off right and knock one of their playoff aspiring contenders down. They need to get the leg up when they can.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:18 PM
whiplash

Gotta set a tone before you can worry about maintaining it. Always important to win the opener but for a team like the Bills, opening against the Jets, it's doubly so

Old
09-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Dubi Doo

This game would be a huge confidence builder. They were 1-5 in their division last year. They were stomped out in nearly everyone of their losses. Its time to show we can hang in our division. Get the 'W', boys!

Old
09-07-2012, 05:03 PM
whiplash

Wow, talk about a punch in the throat for the league: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100..._breaking_news

All 4 players suspended over the bounty program are reinstated effective immediately

Old
09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
The Giants are a unique team. They are built for post-season success, not regular season dominance. The Giants are built to compete in close games, and they don't blow folks away too often. Their offense features a complex passing game (Kevin Gilbride of run'n'shoot fame) that can break down and bog down during games. And their cover 2 defense is mostly a bend-but-don't break coverage scheme with a great pass rush. That combination doesn't lend itself to big wins, but they also don't get crushed often.

Of the Giants' 9 wins, five were tight games (win by ten points or less). Only their last two wins were over two touchdown margins.

Of the Giants' 7 losses, three were tight games, and only the Saints and the Redskins won by 14 points or more.

Playing over half their games in "tight" situations, they know how to play in even playoff games. They have a QB that plays really well under pressure, and a defensive line that degrades passing games. It's a team built to play well in tight games, but not necessarily to blow teams out.
I don't see how you can build a team that doesn't do that well in meaningful football games in December but somehow in January they're really good.

All of the games are important, and they're all played by the same rules. Teams that play close games are more prone to lose more games than teams that blow the opposition out.

The argument that they're build to win close games is illogical. They're built to win football games. Nobody goes "We don't want to make absolutely sure we're the best football team, we want to barely squeak by in our games and leave the fate of the game up to a couple plays that could go either way". That's just dumb.

Not to mention, it's not guaranteed you get into the playoffs, winning at least 10 games is really, really hard in this league. Taking the regular season for granted is incredibly silly. Also, home field advantage is pretty damn important, which is also decided in the regular season.

TL;DR - Everything you just said is silly and illogical, they're an above average team who got hot at the right time.

Old
09-07-2012, 05:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
All 53 players were in practice today. Officially, Johnson is questionable and Urbik/Smith are probable, but they all expect to be ready to play on Sunday.

Having everyone available is huge since I'll say it right now: this is a must-win game. Yeah, I know that it's the first game of the season, but they need to start the season off right and knock one of their playoff aspiring contenders down. They need to get the leg up when they can.
The Jets really aren't that good or a contender but the AFC as a whole is weak.

Closed Thread