HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Saad for Plekanec

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 View Post
LOL

Defensively: Toews>>Plekanec
Oh seriously ? Are you sure ? Did youi really watch Plekanec ?

Bolland is the top shutdown center on this team how do you even know how good Toews is ?

Im okay if you say Toews is better offensively, because it's true. But saying that for the other end is quite humorous.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
DesertDawg

If Plekanec is available, I'm sure the Coyotes would have interest, but I don't understand why the Habs would trade him. Gomez on the otherhand...

Old
09-05-2012, 11:33 PM
nickschultzfan

I posted this before. Hjarm, Frolik, Saad, and McNeil for Plekanec, Cole, and young Dman (Weber?).

Hawks get two major pieces to bring them back into Stanley Cup Contention. Pleks and Cole are exactly what they need.

Habs go from directionless team to one of the brightest young teams in the league.
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Saad
McNeil
LeBlanc
Subban
Gorges
Hjarm
Beaulieu
Price

That's a nice core.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I posted this before. Hjarm, Frolik, Saad, and McNeil for Plekanec, Cole, and young Dman (Weber?).

Hawks get two major pieces to bring them back into Stanley Cup Contention. Pleks and Cole are exactly what they need.

Habs go from directionless team to one of the brightest young teams in the league.
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Saad
McNeil
LeBlanc
Subban
Gorges
Hjarm
Beaulieu
Price

That's a nice core.
Tell me why this core isnt better
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Cole
Plekanec
LeBlanc
Subban
Gorges
Beaulieu
Price

Old
09-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Montreal Shadow

Chicago gets a 55-60pts center who is a bit small but one of the best two-way players in the league and Montreal gets a prospect who has 1 point in the NHL? Wat?

Old
09-05-2012, 11:52 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Cole
Plekanec
LeBlanc
Subban
Gorges
Beaulieu
Price
um Tinordi? Collberg? Why is Beaulieu on it and Leblanc but not them lol.

In reality our core is just Price Subban Pacioretty Plekanec Gorges.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitimes View Post
Ok good. But sorry to dampen the thread, if he were up for bid on a prospect basis, I think it would be suitable for Dallas to offer Montreal kid, Alex Chiasson. Just for fun of course, cuz pretty sure Nieuwendyk has his heart set on seeing the kid in the lineup, and from all the reports he projects to be a solid bet for the Stars top 6 in the not so distance future...
Chiasson is phenomenal. Very underrated.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Chiasson is phenomenal. Very underrated.
I know, which is why I threw in the, 'just for fun of course'.

On another note, whoever put up the Toews >>> Plekanec defensively, I respectfully have to disagree. Not gunna get into it,it's a judgement call, and as a fan of neither, I will say that both guys can handle their defensive responsibilities better than most.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Again ? Seriously? Toews for Leblanc ?
Pleks isn't even close to Toews and Leblanc isn't really that much better than Saad....

Saad for Pleks would be a good starting point, Leblanc for Toews would be embarrassing

Old
09-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Montreal would definitley have to add

Old
09-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Penosity

Quote:
Toews best season ; 76 1 year ago. Plekanec's best season 70 2 years ago.
Who's the better leader ? Toews for sure take it. Who's the better 2-way player ? Pretty equal heh ? Who's paid more ? Who's playing with Hossa, Sharp and Kane ? Who had Cammaleri and Kostitsyn ?

I'd take Toews 393983934 times before Plekanec. But Toews is not what you guy's say he is.

Toews was on pace for 50 goals and 90+ pts this year before getting hurt before the All-Star Game.
He still finished with ~ 1ppg.

He's an elite talent.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Mr. Hab

I'm just one Hab fan, but...I'd keep Plekanec. (could be good till he's 36-37...he's only 30).
Imo, Pleks is too important...solid 2nd line two-way center and surprisingly...rarely injured (a bit of an Iron-Man).
I see Pleks getting another 70pt season, especially if the coach treats him to a Cole and/or Pacioretty, but...Pleks' game is not just offense but defence (so 55-60pts for a 2nd line two-way center is more than fine...and when/if Galchenyuk and Eller move UP with time...in 3-4 seasons having Plekanec on the 3rd line makes any team that much better...imo).

Saad:
probably has a very bright future...but I would still keep Pleks for another 3-4 seasons and/or more...

Hab Centers:
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Desharnais
Eller
Leblanc
(center/winger)
(imo because of salaries...they can't all stay...Desharnais is crafty/lots of potential/talented/great vision, BUT only 5'6...this is why imo Desharnais might be packaged in the future or it may be Eller...depending on the return...stay tuned! imo it would be a mistake to trade young veteran Plekanec...underrated, hard worker, team player, disciplined, and never complains from what I know! and Habs need Eller's size/height but time will tell if he can be more consistent and if he gets better linemates).

Old
09-06-2012, 01:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 View Post
LOL

Defensively: Toews>>Plekanec
i don't find his statement laughable. i'd say they are indeed comparable, but i won't argue and agree that toews is better defensively, but it's in the 'slightly better' category, not the 'LOLOLOL toews >>> plekanec' category.

i know it's become sacrosanct to doubt toews godlike two-way abilities, but i don't think he is 'LOLOLOL >>> ' that much better than plekanec

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
well aren't you edgy...

gagne (who is nowhere near plekanec's abilities) for saad? deal?

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 09-06-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old
09-06-2012, 01:46 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
This would be my thinking. The only problem with that is if we trade Plekanec we could very well end up with Monahan or Barkov at next years' draft.
And this is a problem how? The Habs just came off of a great draft, they can afford to take their time. Eller is probably capable of handling Plekanec's defensive minutes in a few years, ie when the Habs will be contending, so it makes sense to trade Plekanec for the best package of picks and prospects right now, tank for another year or two, and then have those early picks step in just as the later picks from this past season minus Galchenyuk are ready.

Old
09-06-2012, 01:55 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Lol wut?

Old
09-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Evaluate our core pieces atm. P.K., Price and Patches. This group of three can rivalize with any core of any team. What we need is not more core pieces it's too add to it. Sure i'd love another Mackinnon, but i'd love 1023931 times more a great playoff run.

Plekanec is what 30 team dreamed, dream and will be dreaming of. We have one of those incredibly versatile player that can do it all, while having outstanding attitude and leadership. Why in the hell trade that for futures ? HF boards will always amaze me.
Good lord are you overrating everyone. There are numerous teams with vastly superior talent, so no the Habs cannot rival any core. Price is the only standout amongst teams like Pittsburgh and Philly who otherwise are better in everything and teams like New York and Vancouver wouldn't even blink at Price as they have elite goaltending.

I can also tell you not one of those teams "dream off" having Plekanec. That is hardly a shot at his abilities. Plekanec is an excellent player but you are making vast assumptions of other team's rosters when they have achieved very little.

Quote:
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Cole
Plekanec
LeBlanc
Subban
Gorges
Beaulieu
Price
Should be fairly simple. You have two excellent prospects in Saad and McNeil (although I am not convinced Chicago would trade both) and whatever else is included, plus the probability of a high draft like MacKinnion.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - MacKinnion
Saad - Desharnais - Cole
McNeil - Eller - LeBlanc

Now that is a pretty nice line up, especially seeing Cole is the only one over thirty. Provided Markov has a relatively good bounce back, he could command a return at the deadline and you can add even more.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:40 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Is there a smile which stands for troll?
Even Hawk fans say Saad would be a starting point and in comes this expert Oiler fan who knows better.

Old
09-06-2012, 07:22 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Is there a smile which stands for troll?
Even Hawk fans say Saad would be a starting point and in comes this expert Oiler fan who knows better.
experts in prospects

Old
09-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Saad is a good starting piece...
This

If anything i'd be interested in Plekanec + for Sharp but then the Hawks would probably decline.

Old
09-06-2012, 07:47 AM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

I despise the Habs but Plek is worth much more than Saad.

And I like Saad a lot, but you have to think there was a reason he fell in the draft, and Montreal isn't exactly the place where someone with character questions can flourish.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Toews was on pace for 50 goals and 90+ pts this year before getting hurt before the All-Star Game.
He still finished with ~ 1ppg.

He's an elite talent.
He was never on pace for 50. I've followed him because of arguments like those on him. He was on pace for 46, sure that's incredible. He was also on pace for 80ish at one point, then before his injury he hitted a wall, literally stopped producing. He had a elite november and december (I think) without that he's nowhere near PPG.. And I stated that Toews is better than Plekanec, just not the lolollololol toews >>>>>> Plekanec you guy's have been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Pleks isn't even close to Toews and Leblanc isn't really that much better than Saad....

Saad for Pleks would be a good starting point, Leblanc for Toews would be embarrassing
read up, stop being biased. Toews is an outstanding player, but he's nowhere near what people say he is. And I never stated Leblanc was that much better than Saad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Good lord are you overrating everyone. There are numerous teams with vastly superior talent, so no the Habs cannot rival any core. Price is the only standout amongst teams like Pittsburgh and Philly who otherwise are better in everything and teams like New York and Vancouver wouldn't even blink at Price as they have elite goaltending.

I can also tell you not one of those teams "dream off" having Plekanec. That is hardly a shot at his abilities. Plekanec is an excellent player but you are making vast assumptions of other team's rosters when they have achieved very little.

Should be fairly simple. You have two excellent prospects in Saad and McNeil (although I am not convinced Chicago would trade both) and whatever else is included, plus the probability of a high draft like MacKinnion.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - MacKinnion
Saad - Desharnais - Cole
McNeil - Eller - LeBlanc

Now that is a pretty nice line up, especially seeing Cole is the only one over thirty. Provided Markov has a relatively good bounce back, he could command a return at the deadline and you can add even more.
And you uderrate everyone, fairly simple ? Every team would salivate on Price, even if they don't need him ATM, you're acting like he his 34 Years old like the other dominant goaltenders. Patches can rivalize with alot of forward, sure he's not in the Crosby and in the Malkin/stamkos/JT category but he can rivalize with more than half of the team in the NHL. P.K. is surpassed by who? Chara, Weber, Pietrangelo, maybe Doughty. Then i think it's all gravy.

Take off your sinister glasses and watch hockey objectively.

Last edited by spiny norman: 09-06-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: not needed
Old
09-06-2012, 08:49 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I don't think it would be wise to trade Saad until he plays in the NHL and impresses for awhile, which he most likely will, and then his value will be pretty damn high.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:00 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Pacioretty
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Cole
Plekanec
LeBlanc
Subban
Gorges
Beaulieu
Price
Good cores are around the same age. By the time the Habs are going to be any good, Plekanec and Cole are going to be on the backsides of their careers.

Saad, McNeil, and Hjarm all make the Habs bigger and tougher, but still bring a lot of skill. They'll be hitting their stride at the same time as the other core players on the Habs.

Short term lost. Bigger long term gain.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I still don't understand why Hab fans want to move Pleks, we can't afford to move him right now. Gally is not ready and Desharnais had 1 great year, we have no idea if he can keep this up. Also we had a terrible year however we aren't rebuilding, the core is already pretty strong here

Old
09-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Good cores are around the same age. By the time the Habs are going to be any good, Plekanec and Cole are going to be on the backsides of their careers.

Saad, McNeil, and Hjarm all make the Habs bigger and tougher, but still bring a lot of skill. They'll be hitting their stride at the same time as the other core players on the Habs.

Short term lost. Bigger long term gain.
Cole yes, Plekanec no, he is going to turn 30 in October and still has years at a high level. Cole I agree, might be slowing down in 2 - 3 years but that's what he will have left in his deal anyways

Closed Thread