HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some Info From Detroit Fans

Old
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
D3ADLY

vCash: 500
Some Info From Detroit Fans

I am just here to get some info from Detroit fans. I am controlling Detroit in Toronto board in NHL 13 and made a trade recently involving Howard, White, Samuelsson, Tatar, Nyquist, Frk for Iginla, Kipper, Giordano. Just don't rip me but rather tell me if any of you would do this trade why or why not? Thanks in advance.

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
InjuredChoker

I wouldn't.

Only left handed Dman. I'll just leave it at that .

Brunner better be good, otherwise top6 is missing a player.

Flip-Dats-Iggy
Franzen-Z-??????

Well, maybe Cleary.

But then bottom 6 would be worse.

Miller-Helm-Tootoo
Mursak-Abdelkader-Emmerton

Well, you cleared the logjam of having too many bottom 6 players but there goes depth imo.

You're on your own bud .

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:23 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Horrendous trade. Wings get a bunch of old vets and give up a bunch of youth. That's what I call trade ****.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
D3ADLY

You have to keep in mind this is a game and not reality so getting better now is far better than getting better in the future. Having said that how would any of you use this lineup I was thinking..
Flip-Dats-Iggy
Cleary-Zets-Mule
JAK-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Extra Forwards. P. Eaves, Brunner, Mursak

Kronwall-Quincey
Ericsson-Giordano
Kindl-B.Smith

Mikka Kiprusoff
Jonas Gustavvson

I know Justin is C but I would like him to be on the 3rd line and convert him in to W. any suggestion much appreciated.

Old
09-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

I don't think this trade is that bad, but I probably wouldn't do it. This trade in my honest opinion, would make us a better team right now, but would hurt us pretty bad in 2-3 years and beyond.

Line-up with proposed trade

Filppula-Datsyuk-Iginla
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Really the bottom 6 wouldn't change much, and you swap Sammy for Iginla in the top 6 which is a definite upgrade. You lose some depth as well, but certainly not irreplacable players (minus the prospects).

Kronwall-Ercisson
Giordano-Smith
Kindl-Quincey

Slight upgrade offensively, not too sure of Giordano's defensive play as much. Seems like a push at worst, if not a slight upgrade.

Kiprusoff
Gustavsson

I like Jimmy, but for 1 year I would gladly take Kipper over him.

So this trade is really about mortgaging our future in hopes of chasing a Cup, but I don't know if it adds enough to put this team over the top. So for me I will say no, but I do not think it is a bad trade proposal to ponder.

If the trade was Howard + White + Samuelsson + draft picks I would be a lot more inclined to do it.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:45 PM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I don't think this trade is that bad, but I probably wouldn't do it. This trade in my honest opinion, would make us a better team right now, but would hurt us pretty bad in 2-3 years and beyond.

Line-up with proposed trade

Filppula-Datsyuk-Iginla
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Slight upgrade offensively, not too sure of Giordano's defensive play as much. Seems like a push at worst, if not a slight upgrade.

Kiprusoff
Gustavsson

I like Jimmy, but for 1 year I would gladly take Kipper over him.

So this trade is really about mortgaging our future in hopes of chasing a Cup, but I don't know if it adds enough to put this team over the top. So for me I will say no, but I do not think it is a bad trade proposal to ponder.

If the trade was Howard + White + Samuelsson + draft picks I would be a lot more inclined to do it.
I like your proposed forward group can you tell me about brunner is he top 6 material?

Last edited by D3ADLY: 09-06-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
TatarTangle

Good trade for you. You are getting the best player in the deal, Iginla, who is a beast in the demo.

Prospects also don't progress very well in NHL games so losing Nyquist, Frk and Tatar really isn't goint to hurt as much as you think

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:14 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Good trade for you. You are getting the best player in the deal, Iginla, who is a beast in the demo.

Prospects also don't progress very well in NHL games so losing Nyquist, Frk and Tatar really isn't goint to hurt as much as you think
Basically, this, because of the prospects, but to be honest, I wouldn't have done the deal. If Iggy was five years younger, then sure.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Basically, this, because of the prospects, but to be honest, I wouldn't have done the deal. If Iggy was five years younger, then sure.
Not real life, players regress slower in NHL games lol.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ADLY View Post
I like your proposed forward group can you tell me about brunner is he top 6 material?
I really don't know too much about him, except watching very limited footage, where it seems he has some nice tools.

Babcock thinks highly of him though "“I know a lot about him because I went to the World Championships (in May) and watched him play,'' Babcock said Saturday at the NHL entry draft. “The thing for us is he’s high, high paced, he scored, looks like he has tons of skill.

“Can he adjust and play the North American game? We’re going to give him every opportunity. He’ll be a top-six forward to start with us and see where he goes with us.''

Old
09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Are you asking us if we would do this trade in real life, or in a video game?

Old
09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Dekesyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I really don't know too much about him, except watching very limited footage, where it seems he has some nice tools.

Babcock thinks highly of him though "“I know a lot about him because I went to the World Championships (in May) and watched him play,'' Babcock said Saturday at the NHL entry draft. “The thing for us is he’s high, high paced, he scored, looks like he has tons of skill.

“Can he adjust and play the North American game? We’re going to give him every opportunity. He’ll be a top-six forward to start with us and see where he goes with us.''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fuYp...eature=related

Dekesyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekesyuk View Post
Youtube videos are the footage I am reffering to , along with some International play

Old
09-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
gotta love fantasty

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ADLY View Post
I am just here to get some info from Detroit fans. I am controlling Detroit in Toronto board in NHL 13 and made a trade recently involving Howard, White, Samuelsson, Tatar, Nyquist, Frk for Iginla, Kipper, Giordano. Just don't rip me but rather tell me if any of you would do this trade why or why not? Thanks in advance.
It's not a terrible deal if you are strictly looking short term. Kipper is probably better than Howard right now but who knows how long that will last? White is badly needed for Detroit's depleted blue line and I don't see Giordano as being as good as White, particularly when it comes to offensive production and contributions on the power play.

Iginla is clearly better than all the forwards you threw into the trade. I like Sammy just fine and don't have particularly high expectations for Tatar. Losing Nyquist probably doesn't kill you this year but could come back to haunt you in a year or two. With Frk who knows? Could be great, could amount to nothing more than a career AHL guy.

So for this season - assuming there is one - it looks like a reasonable deal. You have to give to get and you gave up a lot of guys with future potential like Howard, who will be better than Kipper soon, along with Nyquist and possibly Frk. Just remember that a deal that may be good this year can look bad the further down the line we go.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote