HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Nhl 13

Old
07-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

vCash: 500
What are the special features of the Stanley Cup edition? I mean, besides the cover. Give me a reason why in the hell it's $20 more expensive.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
What are the special features of the Stanley Cup edition? I mean, besides the cover. Give me a reason why in the hell it's $20 more expensive.
- Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image

- Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions

- Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items

- A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)

- A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com

- A complete copy of NHL 13

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Sounds worth it! Thanks.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Sounds worth it! Thanks.
, I was thinking quite the opposite since I don't really play those modes

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
pevsfreedom

cool just bought it
i hope they improve a lot in this release

1) i hate the passing of NHL12. it passes to who I aim for maybe 30% of the time
2) fix the problem with stick handling and shooting. i can't for the life of me figure out how to stick handle and pass. everytime I try this it makes me throw the puck at the goalie (like on a 2 on 1) and it aggrevates me to no end.

pevsfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

I wish they would come out with a mode where the game is 92-93 EA NHL Hockey, Genesis style, with all of the players numbers and stats being the 2012 season, especially the Kings.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 01:57 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
My first ever attempt at a custom cover, let me know what you guys think and likes/dislikes. Thanks!

Not sure how many people got to see this or not, just wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on this, thanks!

Old
07-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Not sure how many people got to see this or not, just wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on this, thanks!
It always boggled my mind why they didn't put the captain of the cup winning team hoisting the cup on the cover.
And the whole, the fans vote for this years cover, in my opinion was fixed. In my opinion, they always were going to put Giroux on the cover.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:21 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevsfreedom View Post
cool just bought it
i hope they improve a lot in this release

1) i hate the passing of NHL12. it passes to who I aim for maybe 30% of the time
2) fix the problem with stick handling and shooting. i can't for the life of me figure out how to stick handle and pass. everytime I try this it makes me throw the puck at the goalie (like on a 2 on 1) and it aggrevates me to no end.
A friend of mine got me into E3 this year and i got to play a game with the Kings and Devils (I was the Devs... ) on the floor and was chatting up an EA employee working the booth. Not much changed on the passing and stickhandling/shooting side of things.

Have you ever tried using the Classic control scheme? That's what I use when I played NHL 11 ( which was the last one I owned.) Most of the improvements this year seem to be mostly visual (although the improvements to way the goalies play are awesome) or to other modes in the game and not much appears to have been changed as far as the gameplay on the ice goes...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:22 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I pre-ordered the special edition version so I don't have to look at Giroux. It's our year, dammit!

SCARFACE909, your Richards cover looks great.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:16 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

I love the franchise and have been playing it since the 90s but every year I wish EA would just once put the same level of effort into it as it does FIFA. That's one of the greatest sports game of all time.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
EPIC cover SCARFACE. Does anyone know what time we would get NHL 13 from Toys R Us? Seeing how you cannot pick up the game, will they ship them out to where they arrive to you on the release date or do they first send out the games on the release date and it arrives to you at a later date?

I have never pre-ordered a game and had it shipped to me. I usually just Pre-Order it and pick it up from GameStop. So I was just wondering.

ALSO: SCARFACE, will you have an online feed of you playing the game before it comes out and you answer questions like last year? Would be great!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:48 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
EPIC cover SCARFACE. Does anyone know what time we would get NHL 13 from Toys R Us? Seeing how you cannot pick up the game, will they ship them out to where they arrive to you on the release date or do they first send out the games on the release date and it arrives to you at a later date?

I have never pre-ordered a game and had it shipped to me. I usually just Pre-Order it and pick it up from GameStop. So I was just wondering.

ALSO: SCARFACE, will you have an online feed of you playing the game before it comes out and you answer questions like last year? Would be great!
They should ship the game directly to you from the warehouse so that you have it ON release day. I know that's the way that amazon, Target, and Best Buy do it. It depends on your proximity to one of the shipping warehouses though as to when you'll actually get it. If you live in a town or city that has a Toys R Us you should get it sometime on release day. If you live a ways away from the nearest Toys R Us you may get it a day or two later.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:19 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:

Thanks and I'm not sure, I'll have to get permission from the guys at EA beforehand and hopefully I'll have some hardware so I can have better quality this year.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:41 AM
SCARFACE909

Who's played the demo so far? What'd you think?

Old
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Thought the demo was fun, passing is a bit rough sometimes, skating is pretty good.

I just need to work on playing a more traditional nhl game. Shots from the outside, crash the net for rebound and get a bit better at the dump & chase.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
SCARFACE909

Agreed demo is fun, though excited to possibly get my copy Friday!

Old
08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

It was so badass getting to play as the Kings on the demo. I loved the mode where you had to re-create history and eliminate the Yotes. It was great getting to eliminate those cry babies both in real life and in the game.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:05 AM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
EA continues to head in the right direction IMO. Solid demo. The only thing I disliked was the fact that the Shawnigan Catarachts kept up with a pretty much an all-star team. CHL teams are not that good. Who knows, maybe I am not good enough, but the speed difference between the players on Shawnigan and the players on mine were not much different at all. Another thing would maybe be boost the game speed up a tad bit, nothing major. Everything else looks great. Us Kings fan should start an Online GM league. I for one, would definitely be down with it.

Last edited by MxK1NGS: 08-30-2012 at 12:10 AM.
MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:50 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
EA continues to head in the right direction IMO. Solid demo. The only thing I disliked was the fact that the Shawnigan Catarachts kept up with a pretty much an all-star team. CHL teams are not that good. Who knows, maybe I am not good enough, but the speed difference between the players on Shawnigan and the players on mine were not much different at all. Another thing would maybe be boost the game speed up a tad bit, nothing major. Everything else looks great. Us Kings fan should start an Online GM league. I for one, would definitely be down with it.
Glad to hear you've enjoyed it so far.

I'm already in a GM connected league with 29 other guys including one of the NHL developers. I got the Wild with the 29th pick, this was before July 1st so pre- Parise and Suter, although I just completed a trade with the LA GM, I trade Zach Parise and Dany Heatley to LA for Mike Richards and Dustin Brown, pretty happy with the deal

Can't wait to get my hands on the retail version either tomorrow or Friday

Old
08-30-2012, 12:57 AM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
It was good. They did a really good job with the new skating engine, it's much more realistic other than the skate backwards anywhere thing. Some of the diving goalie saves are a little silly but that's ok. The game actually plays quite a bit differently than NHL 12 which is neat.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
SCARFACE909

So this came in the mail today..

Old
09-06-2012, 10:04 AM
MRichards10

^^ Nice! They change it up any from the demo?

MRichards10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 06:15 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards10 View Post
^^ Nice! They change it up any from the demo?
Unfortunately I'm silenced on talking about the actual game for a few more days sorry

Old
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM
ShattStar03

Doing my boycott of the NHL and that includes NHL 13.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote