HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils and Ducks

Old
09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan118 View Post
Fair, but no thanks

Ryan would hop on the first train to Philly the minute he hits F/A
Idk Ryan is from Jersey might be the only place other then Philly that he would want to go to....Nothing like playing close to home and family.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:42 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I can't believe that fans would rather have Henrique over Ryan. Ryan is only 25 and had multiple 30 plus goal seasons. There has only been 30 players that got 30 goals last year.
makes sense to me if they don't believe they're going anywhere next year anyway. I'd want to keep a hold of youth with that much promise too. If they plan on winning it would be mortgaging the future for right now, and they'd have to be VERY confident the cup was within reach to make that swap, otherwise, just go with what you have and hope it works out. They'll be better off five years from now by not doing the trade, and injecting Ryan in at the expense of Henrique is no guarantee in the short term. I'd think they'd do better, obviously, but probably not better enough.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Solves the Ducks problem by replacing a malcontent, but problem of a forward shortage remains in NJ. blah. No interest in the massively over rated Ryan either. His value is much higher than Henrique and he's "worth" more to GMs, but like I said - he's a malcontent. I don't want that on my favourite team.
Misinformed post is misinformed.

First, the Ducks also have a shortage of top 6 forwards...and this trade doesn't help.

Second, Ryan was malcontent at him being the center piece of all the trade rumors. Now that those have gone away, there is no evidence that he is malcontent, in fact it is quite the contrary. All the guy wanted was some job security from his current employer and surely as a working individual you can understand that.

Sean Garrity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:37 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

He said he'd welcome a trade to Philly. That's enough for me.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

I don't know, I would have an extremely hard time trading Henrique. He showed last year that he can play well offensively and well defensively. I don't see why we would trade a forward for a forward when we have 8 D ready to play. Plus I'd rather see Tedenby and Butler get a chance on the top line, maybe they can be top line players?

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Idk Ryan is from Jersey might be the only place other then Philly that he would want to go to....Nothing like playing close to home and family.
He's from South Jersey, about 20-30 minutes outside of Philly.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafe View Post
Plus I'd rather see Tedenby and Butler get a chance on the top line, maybe they can be top line players?
I'd rather not see that. Tedenby and Butler have decent top 6 potential, but if we're expecting them to make the first line, that's a bad sign for the Devils' offence. My guess is one of them will make the second or third line.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote