HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan not looking to be traded

Old
09-06-2012, 02:43 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
Ryan not looking to be traded

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/rya...ray-point.html

Just to clear things up since so many people are quick to say that Ryan "wants out of Anaheim"

also interesting that JVR was supposed to be the key piece in acquiring Bobby but Murray wanted Schenn. I would've asked for Couturier personally.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
PhoenyX

vCash: 500
I think most Ducks fans already knew this, but it's important for everyone else to read so we don't get flooded with more Bobby Ryan proposals.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:47 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyX View Post
I think most Ducks fans already knew this, but it's important for everyone else to read so we don't get flooded with more Bobby Ryan proposals.
I suppose because we didn't have quotes from Ryan himself (Though him tweeting fans that his goal is to win a cup in Anaheim should've been solid enough) people didn't believe us or something.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:47 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
At least we have a reference point for the next thread. But I'm sure some people won't buy it.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I suppose because we didn't have quotes from Ryan himself (Though him tweeting fans that his goal is to win a cup in Anaheim should've been solid enough) people didn't believe us or something.
Why should they believe the people who would know best if a player wants to leave? That would be so logical its stupid (yes I know what I did there.)

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 50
Quote:

Just to clear things up since so many people are quick to say that Ryan "wants out of Anaheim"

also interesting that JVR was supposed to be the key piece in acquiring Bobby but Murray wanted Schenn. I would've asked for Couturier personally.
Quote:
"I can't speak for the front office. I have no idea. Hopefully it's something they can clear up with you. As far as I'm concerned, I'm here and I'm ready to go."
They will quote this part (out of context) over and over and over again

TheNeutrality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Well what if the pieces coming back guarentee a cup in Anaheim? Mission accomplished?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM
caley

It's nice to think this clears everything up, but it really doesn't.

For instance, this part seems to indicate that maybe Murray's not sold on keeping Ryan

Quote:
Outside of calling Ryan's comments "disappointing," Murray hasn't said anything other than he wanted to talk with the winger at some point and "clear the air a little bit." That meeting has not happened.
I would think if Murray believes Ryan is a key part of the team that he wants to build around, meeting with a trying to resassure a player he's not being dealt would be paramount.

Also, this part sounds a little less than convincing, too.

Quote:
But while he has good feelings about working further with Boudreau, Ryan said he still isn't sure where he stands in his relationship with the Ducks overall.
"I have no idea," he said. "There's certainly no bad air between the coaching staff and I. The training staff's been great. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a Duck and I'm coming to camp and will be ready to compete.
"I can't speak for the front office. I have no idea. Hopefully it's something they can clear up with you. As far as I'm concerned, I'm here and I'm ready to go."
In short, Ducks fans, I just don't think this is the "Ryan's going nowhere" article you guys were hoping for. Not 100% anyways.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

caley, this article just reinforces what Anaheim fans have been saying, which is that Ryan doesn't want to be moved. Those that are trying to find arguments to support Ryan being moved will always find a way. Anaheim isn't going to say he's untouchable.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Last time I check Ryan wasn't management and he doesn't make the trades. Ofcourse a player will say he wants to stay even if he wants out (Unless hes a ******). No one wants to be that guy to the fans.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

I couldn't care less. What a drama

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Last time I check Ryan wasn't management and he doesn't make the trades. Ofcourse a player will say he wants to stay even if he wants out (Unless hes a ******). No one wants to be that guy to the fans.
A perfect example right here. People want to think a player of Ryan's caliber is available to them. It's not enough for a player to say it, because they can always tweak the words, or suggest deception. The bottom line is that not much has changed. Anaheim fans have said all along that Ryan wants to remain a Duck. They've also said that Ryan might be available for the right price, but that you should expect to pay a premium and that it would need to fill a need for Anaheim. The odds are that Ryan will remain a Duck for now, unless a team is willing to address those needs and pay the price.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:39 PM
DG

Quote:

For all we know, Murray got the impression that Schenn was more attainable then Couturier and went for him in the spirit of actually making a deal. Or maybe the Flyers signalled that they were willing to move Schenn for the right deal, but not Couturier in any circumstances (or not in a package with JVR for Ryan).

You never know.

But good for Ducks fans that this is (re?)confirmed.

DG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i'm going off memory here, but wasnt ryan's stance always that he didnt want to be moved, he was just frustrated with all the talk about him possibly being moved all the time and either wanted it to end or for them to just move him already (and that philly would be a nice place to go if that happened).

09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Grant
LL Genius

... Ryan said...the Ducks ... have no idea...There's certainly...bad air between the coaching staff and I...As far as I'm concerned... I'm ready to go.

Got to read in between the lines.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
A perfect example right here. People want to think a player of Ryan's caliber is available to them. It's not enough for a player to say it, because they can always tweak the words, or suggest deception. The bottom line is that not much has changed. Anaheim fans have said all along that Ryan wants to remain a Duck. They've also said that Ryan might be available for the right price, but that you should expect to pay a premium and that it would need to fill a need for Anaheim. The odds are that Ryan will remain a Duck for now, unless a team is willing to address those needs and pay the price.
I already know the Leafs will never get Ryan. Why would we get JVR and then Ryan too? Would cost way to much.

And since when do the fans = management? I guess I can tell you now that Phil Kessel intends to be a Leaf for the rest of his career and won't bother with free agency because of the Leafs performance (which could very likey happen if the Leafs don't turn it around). You want to know why I know this? Cause he said he loves Toronto.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i'm going off memory here, but wasnt ryan's stance always that he didnt want to be moved, he was just frustrated with all the talk about him possibly being moved all the time and either wanted it to end or for them to just move him already (and that philly would be a nice place to go if that happened).
Yes, but somehow some people turned that into him demanding a trade. This is exactly why some Anaheim fans have become so frustrated with the entire situation.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I already know the Leafs will never get Ryan. Why would we get JVR and then Ryan too? Would cost way to much.

And since when do the fans = management? I guess I can tell you now that Phil Kessel intends to be a Leaf for the rest of his career and won't bother with free agency because of the Leafs performance (which could very likey happen if the Leafs don't turn it around). You want to know why I know this? Cause he said he loves Toronto.
(groan) You're missing the point. Anaheim fans said it because Bobby Ryan said it and they were passing on the information. I have no idea what Ryan will do when his contract ends, and I have never claimed to know. What I do know is that Bobby Ryan has said he doesn't want to be traded, and he hopes to remain a Duck. Some people will assume he's just placating the fans, and that his words are meaningless.

The entire issue with Ryan wanting to be traded was blown way out of proportion, as danishh just pointed out. It was always about his frustration with being in trade rumors.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
I don't buy it. Who is Bobby's source on this matter?

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
(groan) You're missing the point. Anaheim fans said it because Bobby Ryan said it and they were passing on the information. I have no idea what Ryan will do when his contract ends, and I have never claimed to know. What I do know is that Bobby Ryan has said he doesn't want to be traded, and he hopes to remain a Duck. Some people will assume he's just placating the fans, and that his words are meaningless.

The entire issue with Ryan wanting to be traded was blown way out of proportion, as danishh just pointed out. It was always about his frustration with being in trade rumors.
Did the whole rumor not start with Murray shopping Ryan and then Ryan got frustrated?

What I am trying to say is even if Ryan wants to stay that doens't mean that management isn't trying to shop him.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Did the whole rumor not start with Murray shopping Ryan and then Ryan got frustrated?

What I am trying to say is even if Ryan wants to stay that doens't mean that management isn't trying to shop him.
This isn't about whether Anaheim has been shopping him. It's about Ryan, and whether or not he wants to stay in Anaheim. Ryan is not untouchable. For the right deal, I have no doubts that Ryan would be moved. That isn't the point of this thread. Did the title and OP not make that clear? It's about whether Ryan wants out.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

Quote:
This isn't about whether Anaheim has been shopping him. It's about Ryan, and whether or not he wants to stay in Anaheim. Ryan is not untouchable. For the right deal, I have no doubts that Ryan would be moved. That isn't the point of this thread. Did the title and OP not make that clear? It's about whether Ryan wants out.
Exactly this. Fans seem desperate to think that Ryan wants out and HAS to be traded. If anything the uncertainty surrounding Getzlaf and Perry make Ryan LESS likely to be traded now.

I fully understand that he isn't immune from being traded, but it's just a relief to know, even though we already basically knew, that he doesn't want out of Anaheim.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
TOML

Whatever. I think the Ducks improve this season. With or without Ryan. (Assuming there's a season.)

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

As others have already pointed out, this isn't about whether Ryan is untouchable or not...he's obviously available for the right price. The main point is that Ryan doesn't want out. What does that mean for frustrated Duck fans on HF? Every time someone posts a terrible proposal for Ryan and says, "his value is low because he wants out and you can't expect to receive fair market value for a disgruntled player", we can point out the fact that Ryan does not want out and isn't disgruntled. At the very least, maybe we will start seeing some fair trade offers for Ryan, although I'm not holding my breath, because somehow this article won't mean anything to the fans who want him on their team.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
... Ryan said...the Ducks ... have no idea...There's certainly...bad air between the coaching staff and I...As far as I'm concerned... I'm ready to go.

Got to read in between the lines.
That's how I read it

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote