Sit/Start Week 1

Old
09-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think you should avoid AP this week, can't see him having more than a limited role.
Yea I'm sitting him for the first week aswell.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Rick Sanchez
Wub a lub a dub dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think you should avoid AP this week, can't see him having more than a limited role.
Yeah, I was leaning that way myself. The question then boils down to Gerhart or Richardson.

Richardson himself is coming off injury and missed most if not all of training camp and Gerhart isn't great to begin with and might see some crucial carries taken by a gimpy AP.

Rick Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 06:40 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
though Witten blew balls, I doubt Miller really has that much better of a game, but it was a tough call with his injury situation and not knowing how much he would play....
I agree 100% just wanted an opinion on who was going to suck less

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 07:45 PM
JohnEDrama

Jared Cook (vs. NE) or Jermaine Gresham (vs. BAL)?

Also, working out a trade for Rivers where i'd give up Rothlisberger And Ben Tate. no brainer right?

JohnEDrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEDrama View Post

Also, working out a trade for Rivers where i'd give up Rothlisberger And Ben Tate. no brainer right?
Cook this week for me, and I am Gresham's biggest backer. Gresham will be a solid play most weeks, this one isnt likely...

Big Ben and Tate for Rivers is pretty solid yes for me...I like Rivers and have him on a few teams, dude gets constantly passed up for reasons I dont know

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:21 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Ridley (@Ten) or Deangelo Williams (@TB) - leaning towards Williams

Amendola (@Det) or Davone Bess (@Hou) or Kyle Rudolph (vs Jac) - Leaning Amendola
I've heard a lot of fantasy guys real high on DWill this week, and while I don't share their enthusiasm, I think with Stewart still banged up he's the way to go. I'd rather own Ridley, but for this week I'd go DWill. And yeah, I'd go with Amendola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealist View Post
Richardson
AP
Gerhart
AP is essentially a must sit IMO this week. You'd have to be REALLY desperate, and you're not. All news has been good in regard to TRich this week, but I have a feeling they're still gonna be cautious with him, meaning Hardesty will eat quite a bit into his touches. For right now I'd say Gerhart, but I'd check rotoworld prior to Sunday and get a feel for how much of a workload Richardson will get. If they say he's definitely getting a full workload then you probably have to go with him.

Quote:
That's really a coin flip. I guess you go Cook because you figure it'll be a higher scoring affair.

Quote:
I'm very high on Tate because he can be an ok flex some weeks, and he'll be a top 5 back if Foster's out. I also feel like Rivers is on the decline. I do see him having a better year than Ben though. Question is by how much. I have a feeling given the Steelers' current RB situation they will be airing it out more, and because of that I could see Ben ending the season not too far behind Rivers. I don't think it's necessarily a bad deal for you, but I don't love it either. I'd try to find another one.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
JohnEDrama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
That's really a coin flip. I guess you go Cook because you figure it'll be a higher scoring affair.

I'm very high on Tate because he can be an ok flex some weeks, and he'll be a top 5 back if Foster's out. I also feel like Rivers is on the decline. I do see him having a better year than Ben though. Question is by how much. I have a feeling given the Steelers' current RB situation they will be airing it out more, and because of that I could see Ben ending the season not too far behind Rivers. I don't think it's necessarily a bad deal for you, but I don't love it either. I'd try to find another one.
Agreed its a coin-flip. Prolly going to end up actually doing that lol.

Yeah, i feel the same about Tate, thats why i have him in both my leagues and i dont own Foster in either 1.

I guess i just think Rivers has a chance to bounce back and could be a top 5ish QB, whereas i think Ben will be an okay 8-12, which is where Rivers is at now give or take.

Its also the matter of my RB are Sproles, Forte and Charles (with M.Bush/Hillis handcuffs) and i can afford it. Also I think your buying low on Rivers where other QBs you wouldnt be.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
yoteshot

Ridley or Jennings at RB2?

Also, P.Manning or RG3 at QB?

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 08:45 PM
JohnEDrama

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Cook this week for me, and I am Gresham's biggest backer. Gresham will be a solid play most weeks, this one isnt likely...
Yeah i dont think it helps that Gresham is banged up, but thanks man.

Quote:
Big Ben and Tate for Rivers is pretty solid yes for me...I like Rivers and have him on a few teams, dude gets constantly passed up for reasons I dont know
yeah im going back and forth on it, but like i said with my depth at RB and the cost of other QB's probably warranting a starter im leaning that way as well.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I've got Richardson, Redman, and Titus Young for flex...

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
In another league I have Hillis vs. Shonn Green for flex, and Malcom Floyd vs. Boldin for WR

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

I'm flip-flopping between BJGE and DeAngelo Williams. I'll go with DWill if Stewart sits, but my gut is telling me BJGE is good for 2 TDs.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:40 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
First one's tough. I feel like with Vereen out and MJD back Ridley will get more touches (of the two), and the offense is better, so I think I'd lean with him (most fantasy sites will tell you Jennings however). Rookies tend to just be ok in their first games (aside from Cam last year) so I think you gotta go with Peyton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
I've got Richardson, Redman, and Titus Young for flex...
All reports out of Browns camp this week are good regarding Richardson, and it's possible he sees 15-20 touches. Word was Dwyer pased Redman, and Titus didn't do anything in the preseason to support the hype. I'd go TRich.
Quote:
In another league I have Hillis vs. Shonn Green for flex, and Malcom Floyd vs. Boldin for WR
I'd take Floyd in the second. I could see him having a big year. Boldin's pretty mediocre these days. I am not a fan of Greene's at all, and that Jets offense has been atrocious. I think the Charles/Hillis split will be more like 75/25 come year's end, but it probably will be close to 50/50 this week. I'd actually go Hillis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
I'm flip-flopping between BJGE and DeAngelo Williams. I'll go with DWill if Stewart sits, but my gut is telling me BJGE is good for 2 TDs.
BJGE has scored 2 TDs in 6 of his 53 games with the Pats. Those odds drop significantly in Cinci's offense. Tampa's run D was awful last year. Unless Stewart has some miraculous recovery DWill is the better start this week IMO.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:43 PM
JohnEDrama

Quote:
I'd start Hillis for sure. When Jamal Charles had that breakout year 2 years ago i had him, and he always seemed to break huge runs and somehow get tackled near the goal line. He will get the Thomas Jones treatment and he is better than Jones was at the point in his career. Plus, that Jets offense is just abysmal.

For WR, its a toss up. Boldin is probably safer but if your looking for higher upside its probably Flloyd with no real #1

Old
09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I'm sitting AP this week, wich should be a no-brainer for anyone who has him. I'm left with Mark Ingram, Toby Gerhart and LeGarrette Blount. Blount isn't even a option for me, so it's basically a toss up between Ingram and Gerhart.

I'm leaning towards Ingram but that 3 headed monster system is a killer. On the other hand, Gerhart isn't all that great but will get alot of touches.

Little help boys

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Should i play Patriots defence vs the Titans or Eagles vs the Browns ?

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I'm sitting AP this week, wich should be a no-brainer for anyone who has him. I'm left with Mark Ingram, Toby Gerhart and LeGarrette Blount. Blount isn't even a option for me, so it's basically a toss up between Ingram and Gerhart.

I'm leaning towards Ingram but that 3 headed monster system is a killer. On the other hand, Gerhart isn't all that great but will get alot of touches.

Little help boys
Too early to make a decision. Keep an eye an AD. If he's healthy and expected to get a solid share of the carries then go with Ingram. If AD isn't active or if he's only going to get 5-10 carries then start Gerhart.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
I would go with the Eagles. I like the Titans this year and they're going to have to air it out to keep up with the Pats.

I would consider dropping one of the defenses. (Likely New England) You're going to end up with annoying decisions to make every week and you'll often end up kicking yourself for making the wrong one.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Yeah i dont think it helps that Gresham is banged up, but thanks man.

yeah im going back and forth on it, but like i said with my depth at RB and the cost of other QB's probably warranting a starter im leaning that way as well.
I dont buy the Tate hype train much. The dude is a backup, who only has big games when Foster is out or limited. I dont use handcuffs much if ever, so unless you have Foster, no reason to keep Tate imo. I understand that he does well with the chances that he gets, but he rarely gets more then 10 touches a game, so if your solid at RB, then pull that trigger because Rivers is going to have another top 10-12 year like he always does...

Old
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Eagles.. Pats wont stop Chris Johnson's run game..

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Eagles all the way...

the Browns are going to struggle a lot with the ball this year, and the Titans are going to be a legit top 10-12 fantasy offense...especially when Britt comes back..

Eagles 100%

Old
09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

Little help boys
you have to go with Gerhart here...

I think Ingram will have a nice bounce back year, and will score plenty of touchdowns, but Gerhart is going to get the majority of the work as AP simply isnt going to get more then 10 touches at most....

Plus Gerhart has done very well as a starter, look at his numbers last year, the dude will get you some solid points...

start Gerhart imo

Old
09-07-2012, 11:38 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
I like DeAngelo this week better the BJGE...

I didnt look, but is this for your matchup against me (yomamma) on yahoo??? hahaha if it is, then start BJGE!!

Old
09-07-2012, 03:54 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

pretty funny that Foster might be limited or out this week....

Old
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Hammettf2b
Unregistered User

vCash: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post

I would go with Ridley and RG3. Ridley will get more touches in a better offense and RG3 has the better match up.

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote