HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brayden Schenn to the Oilers?

Old
09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Then you haven't paid much attention. RNH was consistently compared to Gretzky in terms of vision around the draft.
I always pay attention to the NHL. Funny how people just try to insult other people when they haven't heard/or disagree with peoples comments on this site. I will admit I didn't watch the draft though, because of work. I miss the draft every year and just get the updates on my phone.

I saw one person who said that about RNH, and it seems like the fan base has run away with it. Pro scouts make comparisons all the time, and some are better than worse. I would put this one in the worse category.

Even after all this nonsense my argument with Edmonton was that RNH won't be >>>> ahead of Couts in the offensive side of the game in a few years. They are being brought along at different rates, but when Couts is fully developed he should be a very productive #1 center in the league. Even if he is playing behind Giroux.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I always pay attention to the NHL. Funny how people just try to insult other people when they haven't heard/or disagree with peoples comments on this site. I will admit I didn't watch the draft though, because of work. I miss the draft every year and just get the updates on my phone.

I saw one person who said that about RNH, and it seems like the fan base has run away with it. Pro scouts make comparisons all the time, and some are better than worse. I would put this one in the worse category.

Even after all this nonsense my argument with Edmonton was that RNH won't be >>>> ahead of Couts in the offensive side of the game in a few years. They are being brought along at different rates, but when Couts is fully developed he should be a very productive #1 center in the league. Even if he is playing behind Giroux.
Analysts compared RNH vision to Gretzky. But they also compared him to like 5 other players. Oiler fans are really running with what the scouts said just before the draft. RNH isn't even close to Gretzky.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Flyershockey112
Rookie User

First time posting

Here is my take

RNH Couts
GP 62 77
SH TO/I 2mins 207mins
PP TO/I 186mins 34mins
Point 53 27
PPpts 23 1
+/- -2 18

Couts would be right up there if he had first line minutes and that much PP time. With his great two play

Flyershockey112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyershockey112 View Post
First time posting

Here is my take

RNH Couts
GP 62 77
SH TO/I 2mins 207mins
PP TO/I 186mins 34mins
Point 53 27
PPpts 23 1
+/- -2 18

Couts would be right up there if he had first line minutes and that much PP time. With his great two play
RNH had twice as many points in 15 less games. I dunno, man.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
RNH had twice as many points in 15 less games. I dunno, man.
That's because he's a better player. But not by so much as the point totals suggest, not is it something that is certain not to change going forward.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
That's because he's a better player. But not by so much as the point totals suggest, not is it something that is certain not to change going forward.
2-way forwards do no historically put up huge numbers either, considering they spend most of their time preventing and cleaning up messes.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Ciccio1980

Schenn and the 8th overall for mike Richards
would you trade Richards for the1st overall

Ciccio1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Ciccio1980

Wrong trade

Ciccio1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
thalegion

I love I mean love couturier, but dude seems like Paajarvi to me. Keep in mind I love and I mean love paajarvi!!!

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
First time posting

Here is my take

RNH Couts
GP 62 77
SH TO/I 2mins 207mins
PP TO/I 186mins 34mins
Point 53 27
PPpts 23 1
+/- -2 18

I absolutely hate that argument. You could use it for a bunch of forwards who are stuck in defensive roles with mediocre line mates. The numbers don't translate as easy as most want to believe.

I don't know how many times on this website I have to hear about a player who's playing with mediocre line mates, not getting PP time (or 1st PP time, which it'll be next for Couturier when he doesn't produce like Flyers fans want him to), and playing in a shut down role means if the player was put in a better offensive role they'd be a "2 way, Selke Caliber, PPG forward". It's one of the most annoying things to hear and just about every fan base does it with someone (i.e., Ryan O'Reilly).

RNH has more offensive potential than Couturier. Couturier is massively overrated by Flyers fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
2-way forwards do no historically put up huge numbers either, considering they spend most of their time preventing and cleaning up messes.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
I love I mean love couturier, but dude seems like Paajarvi to me. Keep in mind I love and I mean love paajarvi!!!
Hah, I used that comparison with one of my friends and they got mad. Too bad they have a lot in common. Players that fell. Were considered steals after good first years. Etc.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Flyershockey112
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I absolutely hate that argument. You could use it for a bunch of forwards who are stuck in defensive roles with mediocre line mates. The numbers don't translate as easy as most want to believe.

I don't know how many times on this website I have to hear about a player who's playing with mediocre line mates, not getting PP time (or 1st PP time, which it'll be next for Couturier when he doesn't produce like Flyers fans want him to), and playing in a shut down role means if the player was put in a better offensive role they'd be a "2 way, Selke Caliber, PPG forward". It's one of the most annoying things to hear and just about every fan base does it with someone (i.e., Ryan O'Reilly).

RNH has more offensive potential than Couturier. Couturier is massively overrated by Flyers fans.

Agreed.

Hah, I used that comparison with one of my friends and they got mad. Too bad they have a lot in common. Players that fell. Were considered steals after good first years. Etc.
So your saying that James Neal would of put up the same numbers if he wasn't with Maklin

Flyershockey112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 View Post
Schenn and the 8th overall for mike Richards
would you trade Richards for the1st overall
Urgh

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I haven't seen that comparison before, but before we throw Gretzky out there, he should maybe eclipse Crosby first. If Edmonton fans really think they have a new Gretzky on their hands, they are in for a huge disappointment.
The problem with HF is people get stuck on a name. Why bother bringing up Crosby, as far as I know nobody says he plays a similar style to Gretzky. The poster wasnt saying he was as good as Gretzky but played a similar game.

You havent seen that comparison but from November on the Edmonton media is pretty much focusing on the draft and we got nuge info alot. Ken Hitchcock said he initially thought Sakic light but then said he is more like Datsyuk.

Before you go rage mode Ken Hitchcock did not say he was as good as Datsyuk but that he played a similar style.

So no Oiler fans wont be dissapointed thinking RNH has high hockey IQ because he already has showed its some of the best on the team at 18

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:46 PM
PayItForward

Quote:

Quote:
So your saying that James Neal would of put up the same numbers if he wasn't with Maklin
Where did I say that? What does James Neal have to do with absolutely anything? How does he possibly fit into this equation at all?

RNH will be heads and shoulders a better player than James Neal if your trying to equate the 2. They are nothing alike.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
I'm not sld on couturier yet, schenns been just great in every league but ok as a youngin in the nhl. As an out sider I would rather keep Gagner and Yakupov over schenn and couturier. Neither Philly players have shown more than Gagner although I think couturier could be a little better than Gagner as a 50-55 point player but if it were me I'd keep Yakupov and Gagner( still really young could break out still).
Agreed. I think Yak will be an elite player in the league. Schenn, Gagner Couts will be nice 2nd liners. Yak is the best player in the trade.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Doubt very much the Oilers trade Yakupov. Also can't see them having an interest in Schenn.

09-07-2012, 04:06 PM
LSnow

It could make sense to make deal based on Yakupov - Schenn, but since they acquired the other Schenn also they probably would have to package both of them..

Schenn+Schenn for Yakupov + 2nd

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Where did I say that? What does James Neal have to do with absolutely anything? How does he possibly fit into this equation at all?

RNH will be heads and shoulders a better player than James Neal if your trying to equate the 2. They are nothing alike.
That's a bit presumptuous considering RNH has all of 62 games in the NHL. Neal had a great season and is still trending upwards. Why don't you wait until the sample size is larger before making definite statements like that.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
Philly fans think Couturier is better than RNH... this thread is going to go downhill, and fast.
Well, I DID call it...

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:16 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That's a bit presumptuous considering RNH has all of 62 games in the NHL. Neal had a great season and is still trending upwards. Why don't you wait until the sample size is larger before making definite statements like that.
Yeah, you could say that about just about everyone, including Islander fans when they talk about Tavares, no? When they say he's going to be up there with Stamkos and co.? When they said he was better than Giroux? All that?

James Neal is completely dependent on his center. He's a 25-30 goal scorer who's inconsistent throughout the year. He's a good player, but RNH will be better than him.

BTW, not even a Oilers fan. But James Neal is overrated.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
...yes. I'm saying their style of play is somewhat similar. What I'm not saying is that RNH will pot 200+ points. But he has a good shot at being a top scorer for much of his career because he has many of the attributes that made Gretzky successful.
Top scorer? No... Let's see if he can hit 80 points first, let alone 100+

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Yeah, you could say that about just about everyone, including Islander fans when they talk about Tavares, no? When they say he's going to be up there with Stamkos and co.? When they said he was better than Giroux? All that?

James Neal is completely dependent on his center. He's a 25-30 goal scorer who's inconsistent throughout the year. He's a good player, but RNH will be better than him.

Tavares and Stamkos are better than Giroux.
Neal is a center.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1000
Quote:

How exactly is Neal overrated when every time his name comes up, people talk about him being a product of Malkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Neal is a center.
Neal is a winger.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Neal is a center.
He may be one day but what has Tavares ever done to this day to warrant being better than Giroux?!?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
How exactly is Neal overrated when every time his name comes up, people talk about him being a product of Malkin?

Neal is a winger.
He played center for Dallas the past season, I am almost certain about this.