HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I didn't compare KA, DeMelo and Doherty to each other - at all. They are three incredibly different d-men. I simply said I think KA and DeMelo both have a better chance of reaching their upside.

It's good to know how HF ranks goalies - I don't agree with it at all, but at least I know your reasoning.

As I said originally, your write up is a huge improvement over what HF used to send out on Sharks prospects.
Thank you again for the praise on the write up. I just felt that the Sharks fans need to know what I am think and my experience. It is what I do for the Montreal Canadiens fans on their boards after I write their articles. I have to explain myself in a lot of detail to them as they are hockey crazy and follow everything about their prospects.

You might be right that KA and DeMelo reach their full potential and upside compared to Doherty. I just think it's too early to write Doherty off after his first pro-level season and determine he can't reach his offensive upside. They are very different player for sure and are a good mix of talents for the Sharks' organization.

I have to agree with you about the rankings. I have wanted a new ranking system where you rank the Goalies as one group, the forwards as another and defensmen as another group. No Top 20 list combining them all but separately. It's like comparing apples to oranges and then bananas. I suggested the same for HF's Top 50 list instead Top 30 Forwards list, Top 30 defensemen list and a Top 20 goalie list.

What your opinion on that idea?

Old
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
These are all my opinions based on what I have seen not what I have read. I have 35+ years of playing, coaching and refereeing at elite level hockey in Canada so I want to see the prospects for myself not what others have written or just their stats. That's how I decide my ratings and rankings.
Thanks for doing a perhaps the best HF ranking of the sharks i've seen since i've been on these here boards. Your experience is what i think makes the difference in player analysis / evaluations as most others here do not have your background in hockey and perhaps do not really know the game or how to evaluate players / prospects if they see them.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
Thank you again for the praise on the write up. I just felt that the Sharks fans need to know what I am think and my experience. It is what I do for the Montreal Canadiens fans on their boards after I write their articles. I have to explain myself in a lot of detail to them as they are hockey crazy and follow everything about their prospects.

You might be right that KA and DeMelo reach their full potential and upside compared to Doherty. I just think it's too early to write Doherty off after his first pro-level season and determine he can't reach his offensive upside. They are very different player for sure and are a good mix of talents for the Sharks' organization.

I have to agree with you about the rankings. I have wanted a new ranking system where you rank the Goalies as one group, the forwards as another and defensmen as another group. No Top 20 list combining them all but separately. It's like comparing apples to oranges and then bananas. I suggested the same for HF's Top 50 list instead Top 30 Forwards list, Top 30 defensemen list and a Top 20 goalie list.

What your opinion on that idea?
I'm definitely not writing off Doherty, I'm one of just a few Sharks fans that still thinks he has a chance to develop into a good player - it's just going to take a long time to find out if he's going to make it or not.

I do think goalies should be ranked separately because they (usually) take longer to develop then skaters and it's really hard for even the best of scouts to project how they will progress, but I don't mind that forwards and d-men are combined.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I do think goalies should be ranked separately because they (usually) take longer to develop then skaters and it's really hard for even the best of scouts to project how they will progress, but I don't mind that forwards and d-men are combined.
Absolutely...

Old
09-07-2012, 04:53 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I'm definitely not writing off Doherty, I'm one of just a few Sharks fans that still thinks he has a chance to develop into a good player - it's just going to take a long time to find out if he's going to make it or not.

Absolutely! But some defensemen do take along time as well.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:54 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Thanks for doing a perhaps the best HF ranking of the sharks i've seen since i've been on these here boards. Your experience is what i think makes the difference in player analysis / evaluations as most others here do not have your background in hockey and perhaps do not really know the game or how to evaluate players / prospects if they see them.
Thank you very much for your comments and I appreciated it!

Old
09-08-2012, 01:16 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

big, graphic-y front end is back again after a year off. I would like to remind everyone that the mini scouting reports (assets, flaws, and player type projections) are not my own beliefs. They are cobbled together from scouting reports across the interwebs, some of which I admit may be out of date or just plain wrong. If you believe that there are errors in those write-ups, let me know and convince me that you're right (link or reasoning on why you believe what you do) and I'll consider changing it where appropriate.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 32 GP, 12-15-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
09-08-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
big, graphic-y front end is back again after a year off. I would like to remind everyone that the mini scouting reports (assets, flaws, and player type projections) are not my own beliefs. They are cobbled together from scouting reports across the interwebs, some of which I admit may be out of date or just plain wrong. If you believe that there are errors in those write-ups, let me know and convince me that you're right (link or reasoning on why you believe what you do) and I'll consider changing it where appropriate.
You either have Stalberg's stats wrong or his team wrong...the stats you listed are for Worcester.

I can't speak for the other guys, but you pretty much nailed the WorSharks...

Last edited by 210: 09-08-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old
09-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Maybe I'm blind as a bat, but it would be nice to see what year they were drafted/acquired.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Old
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Maybe I'm blind as a bat, but it would be nice to see what year they were drafted/acquired.
It's the first thing right next to their picture...

Old
09-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
It's the first thing right next to their picture...
I guess I need 3 cups of coffee before I post

Old
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
You either have Stalberg's stats wrong or his team wrong...the stats you listed are for Worcester.

I can't speak for the other guys, but you pretty much nailed the WorSharks...

yeah, I screwed that up crossed up the stat lines.

thanks for the catch.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:01 PM
JL17

Having watched Tierney play in the London the last two years he's improved greatly but I'm not sure where he projects to be. He'll probably be a the 2nd line center this year he's great on the PK and has some great hands. I don't think he has the physical mindset to be aggressive enough to shutdown a big skill forward. He can certainly be part of a shutdown line but not be the guy to do it on his own.

I think you'll see at least a point a game out of him this year and probably progress to 1.25 points next year. If he can develop some kind of aggressive streak he'll turn into a Dave Bolland type.

Old
09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

https://twitter.com/#!/ladystanley/sharks-prospects

Put together a twitter list of all the Sharks prospects (that have twitter accounts) AND the "official" twitter accounts of all the teams of the Sharks prospects.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Cornell Big Red ‏@CornellSports Men's hockey will be on NBC Sports Network twice this year, including the annual Harvard visit on Nov. 16. The other game is Jan. 25.

Chance to watch Joakim Ryan (Cornell). (And Blackwell @ Harvard)

Old
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...012-13/148325/

NBCSN announces college hockey schedule.

Dates of interest (with Sharks prospects):

11/16 - Harvard vs Cornell (Blackwell, Ryan)
11/30 & 12/1 - BC vs BU (Macleod; Nieto, O'Reagan)
1/18 - Harvard vs Yale
1/25 - Yale vs Cornell
2/15 - BU vs Maine

(HE Tournament in March -- including potential participants Northeastern-Ferreiro; BC, BU)

Old
09-21-2012, 03:08 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/articl...in-home-opener

Hamilton gets PPA in first game of season

Old
09-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/articl...in-home-opener

Hamilton gets PPA in first game of season
Yea, wish we had him! That's Dougie I think..?

Old
09-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Yea, wish we had him! That's Dougie I think..?
Yeah. Freddie is probably going to be playing with the Worcester Sharks this season. He's in camp right now.

Here's a link to the story that essentially says the Sharks assigned, Freddie to the AHL.

http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=3219

Old
09-22-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
Yeah. Freddie is probably going to be playing with the Worcester Sharks this season. He's in camp right now.

Here's a link to the story that essentially says the Sharks assigned, Freddie to the AHL.

http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=3219
Freddie Hamilton will be here for this season...camp starts Thursday night with the first on ice practice being Friday.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Korolyuk15

Just saw this signing (guessing it has already been discussed, but I'm a bit slow)

Daniil Tarasov

http://www.sharksahl.com/Story.asp?story_id=3141

Kid looks really impressive, might have to get myself an AHL live subscription for this season to watch him play

45 seconds in

Anyone have any info on him? know why he wasn't drafted?

Quite good english too

Last edited by Korolyuk15: 09-23-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old
09-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Vertzedyek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
Just saw this signing (guessing it has already been discussed, but I'm a bit slow)

Daniil Tarasov

http://www.sharksahl.com/Story.asp?story_id=3141

Kid looks really impressive, might have to get myself an AHL live subscription for this season to watch him play

45 seconds in

Anyone have any info on him? know why he wasn't drafted?

Quite good english too

I'm interested too.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Korolyuk15

is a bit small

180/84kg and is 20 so I'm guessing he isn't growing much more, but he looks like he has a great shot and good speed so could develop into a nice scoring winger to play with Hertl!

I posted on the main boards too to see if anyone has seen him play in the USHL

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1263335

Old
09-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Kitten Mittons

He played on the same team with Kuraly.

Old
09-23-2012, 11:49 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

ddems2 1:49pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Great win today, first ever @OHLSteelheads win, glad to be apart of it

Closed Thread