HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Finnish hockey magazine Jääkiekkolehti had in their SM-liiga season preview issue Pulkkinen listed as 179/82. Another magazine has older stats (for other players as well) but mentioned Pulkkinen had shed off weight almost 10 kilos (which would mean he weighed 92 kilos last season which doesn't quite sound accurate but was obviously too much for him at this stage of his development). If any Finns have access to the season preview issue of Urheilulehti, I'd be somewhat curious what their story about Pulkkinen had to say, since local stores don't have it.

Old
09-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit delivering a "per c rice cows" to Frölunda in ET, 7-1 after two periods, Pulkkinen has a goal and two assists. At jatkoaika.com boards, when someone posted that Pulkkinen scored from a breakaway, 4-6 people posted almost simultaneously "slapshot?".

Old
09-07-2012, 12:10 PM
StormSurge9

vCash: 500
The Guelph Storm take on the Barrie Colts tonight.

Living in Guelph I hope I will be able to make and be able to see what AA can do with more ice time for the Colts.

Old
09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit delivering a "per c rice cows" to Frölunda in ET, 7-1 after two periods, Pulkkinen has a goal and two assists. At jatkoaika.com boards, when someone posted that Pulkkinen scored from a breakaway, 4-6 people posted almost simultaneously "slapshot?".
Pulkkinen plays in a "youth line" with 2012 Chicago 1st rounder Teuvo Teräväinen and Joonas Rask (younger brther of Boston goalie Tuukka), and a Predators 7th round pick).

http://www.europeantrophy.com/live211.html

07:26 Eronen scores for Jokerit! Eaves creates a 2-on-1 attack from a steal in the neutral zone. Eronen finishes with an accurate shot. Assist also to Pulkkinen.

21:07 Galbraith saves a one-time shot by Pulkkinen.

23:00 Rask scores for Jokerit! Fabian Brunnström loses the puck in the neutral zone and Pulkkinen frees Rask who shoots accurately in the top corner. Assist also to Teräväinen. Frölunda change goalies at the same time.

34:41 Pulkkinen scores for Jokerit! PJ Axelsson makes a horrible pass in the offensive zone and Pulkkinen gets to a breakaway from a pass by Rask. Pulkkinen shoots it in off the post.

Nice effort, 1+2 for Pulkkinen.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTY4eFRW5hY

Last goal scored by Pulkkinen.

Last edited by Henkka: 09-07-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old
09-07-2012, 02:50 PM
ChadS

Nice to see Pulkkinen score on a breakaway, looks like he actually skated faster than the d-man (!).

No points for Bäckman tonight, 2 PIM though.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
TNigs

Pulkkinens skating actually looked pretty good in that video, much better than the WJC last year. He must have been hurt or put on too much weight, something just wasn't right last year.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
Pulkkinens skating actually looked pretty good in that video, much better than the WJC last year. He must have been hurt or put on too much weight, something just wasn't right last year.
Like I posted earlier, he's listed now at 82 kilos, supposedly about 10 kilos less than a year ago. It was said that Detroit wanted him to put on more weight and muscle a year ago put he gained it more than expected. Note that it wasn't all fat either since after the individual off-season training period, he had the best scores in the fitness tests along with dman Teemu Eronen. He just put on too much/wrong type of muscle. I'm thinking he needs to put it on more sensibly.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Like I posted earlier, he's listed now at 82 kilos, supposedly about 10 kilos less than a year ago. It was said that Detroit wanted him to put on more weight and muscle a year ago put he gained it more than expected. Note that it wasn't all fat either since after the individual off-season training period, he had the best scores in the fitness tests along with dman Teemu Eronen. He just put on too much/wrong type of muscle. I'm thinking he needs to put it on more sensibly.
My guess is with an NHL training staff, their strength and conditioning coaches and the right nutritionist we can have him put on the weight the right way when he gets here. Is encouraging he can put on that much weight just needs people there to make sure in the next build up he does it correctly.

As somebody that constantly bags on his skating, it did look much better.

Old
09-08-2012, 05:29 AM
ChadS

Last night:
Pulkkinen 1+2
Bäckman 0+0, 2 PIM
Nedomlel 1+1, E
Tvrdon 0+0, +1
Hudon 1+0, E, 1 SOG, 2 PIM, 3 hits
Ouellet and Frk did not play
De Haas started his regular season, 0+0, E
Athanasiou (Barrie) had a game but the OHL sucks with exh game stats so no idea if he was even on the ice. They scored one but only found the goal scorer.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
My guess is with an NHL training staff, their strength and conditioning coaches and the right nutritionist we can have him put on the weight the right way when he gets here. Is encouraging he can put on that much weight just needs people there to make sure in the next build up he does it correctly.

As somebody that constantly bags on his skating, it did look much better.
He worked out last year according to Detroit's instructions from what I've read, he was just able to pick up mass, I'm assuming both the good and bad kind of mass, more/quicker than expected. Jokerit's new physical conditioning coach is considered to be among the best in Finland so it seems his work has already paid off.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:21 AM
ChadS

Here's a couple of streams for Marchenko's game that starts in about 10 minutes: http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/132796...oscow_donbass/

This is probably the best one: http://www.justin.tv/radiotrance_497/popout Marchenko #55 in Red.

Last edited by ChadS: 09-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old
09-08-2012, 06:32 PM
TNigs

Is this Bobby Orr or Richard Nedomlel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWLTP...ature=youtu.be
Love this kid! He has done nothing but improve since the moment the Wings drafted him. A big guy with a mean streak, and the offensive awareness to jump up in on that rush is awesome. Get this guy up to the big club he's exactly what we need right now.
Sorry I stole this from the prospects twitter.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:54 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
Is this Bobby Orr or Richard Nedomlel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWLTP...ature=youtu.be
Love this kid! He has done nothing but improve since the moment the Wings drafted him. A big guy with a mean streak, and the offensive awareness to jump up in on that rush is awesome. Get this guy up to the big club he's exactly what we need right now.
Sorry I stole this from the prospects twitter.
I have a feeling he will climb huge in our prospect rankings this year. I hope he can turn into atleast a bottom pairing guy who will play a very rugged game. I've had the chance to watch him live and have always come away impressed.

When he was drafted he was looked at as being a tough guy but to see him add the offensive part of his game last year and continuing this year I can't wait to see him in GR next year.

Old
09-09-2012, 07:13 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Almquist being that high stood out to me, too. Still, I think the only question with AA is if he can handle the smaller rinks. If he proves he can, I don't think there is a doubt that he's a legit prospect.
That's pretty much it. If he shows he can sustain a good defensive level and excel on the PP, he could rocket up into a top10 spot. This season will be very telling, maybe not right away but the second half of it.

Jarnkrok has had some minor injury, an undisclosed one, but it was said he left the last game because of illness not injury. We'll see if he plays the SEL premiere on Thursday I guess. As for Backman, he's consistently been paired up with Havelid during the preseason so that will probably be his D partner going in. Which in all likelihood means a top4 role.

Old
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
I have a feeling he will climb huge in our prospect rankings this year. I hope he can turn into atleast a bottom pairing guy who will play a very rugged game. I've had the chance to watch him live and have always come away impressed.

When he was drafted he was looked at as being a tough guy but to see him add the offensive part of his game last year and continuing this year I can't wait to see him in GR next year.
I'm glad we've altered our drafting approach a bit and are going after guys like Nedomlel and McKee. They are long shots but if they hit they are going to add a much needed dimension to our squad. Even if Callahan makes the big club he's not going to the force either of these guys would be as far as delivering hit or dropping the gloves.

Old
09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Last night:
Pulkkinen 1+2
Bäckman 0+0, 2 PIM
Nedomlel 1+1, E
Tvrdon 0+0, +1
Hudon 1+0, E, 1 SOG, 2 PIM, 3 hits
Ouellet and Frk did not play
De Haas started his regular season, 0+0, E
Athanasiou (Barrie) had a game but the OHL sucks with exh game stats so no idea if he was even on the ice. They scored one but only found the goal scorer.
That was the game against Guelph, Anthanasiou did not play. Barrie sat pretty much all their big guns (Schiefele, Athanasiou and Ekblad)

Old
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
RomersWorld*

Is Nedomlel really awful defensively or something? He was a -35 last year in +/- and he put up a decent amount of points. The -35 was by far the worst on the team with a -22 as the closest.

Old
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Is Nedomlel really awful defensively or something? He was a -35 last year in +/- and he put up a decent amount of points. The -35 was by far the worst on the team with a -22 as the closest.
I don't believe there are many Wings fans who could honestly answer that question.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
TNigs

Quote:
I didn't watch any games, but not many players on the Broncos were a plus. They didn't make the playoffs and the goalies numbers weren't very good. I'm guessing just not a very good team as a whole.

Old
09-09-2012, 10:25 PM
newfy

Quote:
Have only caught a few games but that isnt my impression. He was a later round pick so he obviously has his issues, but the wings thought his defense was more of a strong point and that any offense would just be a plus when they drafted him.

Nedomlel was the go to defender though on a pretty bad team which would ake that plus minus look a lot worse, plus I wonder if trying to play more offensive did sacrifice a little of his defensive play.

Old
09-10-2012, 12:58 AM
ChadS

Last night:
Frk 0+1, 2 SOG, 7 PIM, 2 hits - got a game misconduct for spearing. Apparently was also wearing the C for Halifax. First pre-season game.
Hudon 0+0, 1 SOG, 4 hits
Nedomlel 1+0, 4 PIM.

Old
09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Yabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
As for Backman, he's consistently been paired up with Havelid during the preseason so that will probably be his D partner going in. Which in all likelihood means a top4 role.
He has been one of the best, if not the best, d-men on the team during the pre-season, so a top4 role should be kind of a given. He's new head coach even predict that he will be a regular sight on Team Sweden's roster this season.

And, also, he finished off the pre-season with a goal (no assists) in last night's 9-5 win (no defense from either team in that one).

Old
09-10-2012, 08:30 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Last night:
Frk 0+1, 2 SOG, 7 PIM, 2 hits - got a game misconduct for spearing. Apparently was also wearing the C for Halifax. First pre-season game.
Hudon 0+0, 1 SOG, 4 hits
Nedomlel 1+0, 4 PIM.
Moosehead fans have not been happy at all with Frks discipline. It is just preseason and he might be trying to send a message early to avoid him and others like Mackinnon so maybe hes just acting tougher than usual

Old
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
ChadS

Looks like CSKA's coach doesn't have much patience with Marchenko since he was benched in the 1st period on Sunday and again today in the 1st period. He was on the ice during an opposition goal in both games, played 4:05 in the first game and only 1:36 so far today(1 period left). They seem to have 7 d-men in the line-up and he's the odd man out. So it's not looking too good right now...

Old
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
He has been one of the best, if not the best, d-men on the team during the pre-season, so a top4 role should be kind of a given. He's new head coach even predict that he will be a regular sight on Team Sweden's roster this season.

And, also, he finished off the pre-season with a goal (no assists) in last night's 9-5 win (no defense from either team in that one).
Thanks for the update. I am a big Mattias Backman fan so it's good to see his trajectory continue to rise.

Closed Thread