HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part III: Back to School Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
eating lunch across from tiny's, a black matte lambo pulls up and out comes this guy...

God damnit I never see anyone famous in the city. Ever.

Old
09-07-2012, 06:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I could never get into stuff like house or trance or whatever you kids listen to these days, but there's some electronic stuff I really love. RJD2 is ****ing dope, for example.

I also might be one of the few people here who enjoy rap. I've been on a real Tribe and DLS kick recently.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:05 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

I don't mind dubstep every once and a while. Seems to get kind of repetitive to me though.

I used to be really big into rap back when I was in high school from 04-08, but have really gotten into rock/metal/nu metal/etc (Avenged Sevenfold, A Day to Remember, Older Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead, etc) since college.

Am going back into the rap phase recently, but none of that newer, popular, sucky BS that's on the radio now (Drake, Lil Wayne, etc). Really like Macklemore and Childish Gambino. CB is probably the best rapper I've ever heard. He's the most original, unique rapper I've ever heard. I would definitely give him a listen if you've never heard him.

Just my two cents on music.

Old
09-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Boy do I have a treat for all of you guys who like House.

http://soundcloud.com/basicphysicsmu...ed-my-heart-ft

09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Boy do I have a treat for all of you guys who like House.

http://soundcloud.com/basicphysicsmu...ed-my-heart-ft
No articles since the 2nd? Step up your game!

But, you're still #1 for September (writing about Doan seems like a good way to get reads )

Old
09-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
No articles since the 2nd? Step up your game!

But, you're still #1 for September (writing about Doan seems like a good way to get reads )
Funny you say that, I actually just wrote an article tonight. I'm just waiting until morning to publish it.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

The only type of 'dubstep' I like would be Knife party because of Gareth and Rob being in Pendulum. though, they are all over the place with genres

09-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Funny you say that, I actually just wrote an article tonight. I'm just waiting until morning to publish it.
What's it on?

Old
09-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
What's it on?
My Guess: training camp

Old
09-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
What's it on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
My Guess: training camp
To be honest, it's a very "meh" article. I was bored and needed to get something out to stay consistent. It's just a slideshow of the top five moments of last year.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Quote:
To be honest, it's a very "meh" article. I was bored and needed to get something out to stay consistent. It's just a slideshow of the top five moments of last year.
Slideshow of moments? *****es love slideshows and moments

Old
09-07-2012, 09:34 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Any Big Gigantic fans? Trance/Dubstep/Live Horns.

Seeing them in 3 weeks at Red Rocks.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Meh from a writer's perspective, fun from a reader's perspective.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Any Big Gigantic fans? Trance/Dubstep/Live Horns.

Seeing them in 3 weeks at Red Rocks.

Not sure where you are heading trance at, unless they use trance elements in other songs.. This is almost entirely Dubstep/trip hop

Old
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I get to see Rush next month,

Old
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Am still loving this though

Old
09-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Am still loving this though

Song never gets old. Classic.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I'm currently getting ****ed backwards by AP Euro and it's only the 1st week of school. The workload is insane (the teacher's been teaching at my school since 1981, she's got a crazy rep of being THE hardest teacher in the school, now I see it first hand). I've always been amazingly strong in Soc, and that's why I took this class, but this **** is just on a different planet.

Oh and did I mention the workload is insane?

I spoke to my guidance counselor today, but she said all she can do is drop me from the course, which would be terrible because it would make my senior courses look like ****, as my only other AP is Environmental.

She said I need to talk to my teacher and have her sign off on switching me into another AP. I want to go into AP Econ. Any thoughts on how I go about this?

Old
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Not sure where you are heading trance at, unless they use trance elements in other songs.. This is almost entirely Dubstep/trip hop
Not specifically in this song...

I also don't hear any trip hop in this song.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
I'm currently getting ****ed backwards by AP Euro and it's only the 1st week of school. The workload is insane (the teacher's been teaching at my school since 1981, she's got a crazy rep of being THE hardest teacher in the school, now I see it first hand). I've always been amazingly strong in Soc, and that's why I took this class, but this **** is just on a different planet.

I spoke to my guidance counselor today, but she said all she can do is drop me from the course, which would be terrible because it would make my senior courses look like ****, as my only other AP is Environmental.

She said I need to talk to my teacher and have her sign off on switching me into another AP. I want to go into AP Econ. Any thoughts on how I go about this?
Don't try and slay the dragon that is the current AP class that you're taking. The truth is, even if you do all the work and give it a lot of your time and effort to the point of not having as much time to work on other classes, you'll still have to be marked and graded by a tough teacher. Just switch over the AP Econ. Econ looks great on every front. It's interesting and it'll look great on your senior year course load. Anything business related looks better to universities just because.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:12 PM
adam94
BU Terriers

Quote:

I'm taking AP Economics this year (Macro), I suggest you take it. AP Euro contains a lot of similar material that AP World History had, so it may seem a little redundant if you already took World. Euro is also pretty rigorous at my school, but most kids do well on the AP exam. For Econ, the material is hard and the kids don't do that well on the AP but there is not much work involved. It really depends on each school, though. If Euro is that insane I'd definitely recommend switching into Econ, it's a very different social studies class and thus very interesting, and I would think colleges would like to see that type of course over another history class.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:18 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Word to the youngins out there. Don't bother indebting yourselves for 20+ years with loans if you plan on going to college for anything outside of the sciences or law. it's just not worth it and you frankly don't need to. Traditional schooling, especially for the liberal arts is basically a well formulated scam. Kids today are learning the same things at "college" that their parents learned in high school.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Word to the youngins out there. Don't bother indebting yourselves for 20+ years with loans if you plan on going to college for anything outside of the sciences or law. it's just not worth it and you frankly don't need to. Traditional schooling, especially for the liberal arts is basically a well formulated scam. Kids today are learning the same things at "college" that their parents learned in high school.
That's harsh!

Bob is already having a hard time with the transition and now you drop this?!
I really hope he's in one of those two fields of study

Last edited by Cresto: 09-08-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old
09-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam94 View Post
I'm taking AP Economics this year (Macro), I suggest you take it. AP Euro contains a lot of similar material that AP World History had, so it may seem a little redundant if you already took World. Euro is also pretty rigorous at my school, but most kids do well on the AP exam. For Econ, the material is hard and the kids don't do that well on the AP but there is not much work involved. It really depends on each school, though. If Euro is that insane I'd definitely recommend switching into Econ, it's a very different social studies class and thus very interesting, and I would think colleges would like to see that type of course over another history class.
Quote:
Don't try and slay the dragon that is the current AP class that you're taking. The truth is, even if you do all the work and give it a lot of your time and effort to the point of not having as much time to work on other classes, you'll still have to be marked and graded by a tough teacher. Just switch over the AP Econ. Econ looks great on every front. It's interesting and it'll look great on your senior year course load. Anything business related looks better to universities just because.
So the concensus is to get the **** out of Euro? Sounds good to me. Thanks guys.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Colleges like foreign languages, right? I have 3 years of honors Spanish under my belt. All were in the high B-A range. I have a really tight schedule this year. Only have a free period 1 out of 6 days of school. Thinking of dropping AP Spanish, and Spanish altogether. I don't plan on being a Spanish major or anything of the sort. Should I do it?

Closed Thread