HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Need your trade help... dynasty league

Old
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
johnnyliner

vCash: 500
Need your trade help... dynasty league

I would be getting Dan Boyle + goalie Mike Smith (coyotes) vs Markstrom + Baertschi + Neiderreiter + Zack Kassian

Here are the stats used in the 12 team league
GP, G, A, Pt, +/-, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FOW, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

25 player rosters with an additional 10 prospects (less than 82 NHL games played)

every night we can play 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 4 D, 2 G + 2 other forwards...

Should I do this trade or not???

johnnyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:29 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Oh man, that's a hard one. Salary cap? If so, the Boyle side takes a bit of a hit.

It comes down to whether you believe Mike Smith is going to be top 10 fantasy goalie consistently for the next 5 years. Also depends on where you are right now in terms of rebuilding vs contending.

If you have the team to contend THIS year (be honest with yourself, otherwise this could bite you in the ass)) and maybe next year, and Mike Smith is a big upgrade over your 2nd best goalie, I might pull the trigger.

But if you're probably not a top 3 team in the league, I'd keep Markstrom. He's going to be an absolute fantasy beast in Florida for years to come. Add into the equation a bunch of other solid prospects, and the deal gets worse in the future.

Another thought here is that with only 12 teams, 2 goalies a night, that's only 24 goalies total... So Mike Smith's current value is even lower than in a league where theres a goalie scarcity. So TBH, no way I'd let go of Markstrom, especially the way Florida is rebuilding... they're going to be like Chicago, Pittsburgh, or any of the other rebuild teams here pretty quick

EvoLu7ioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:39 PM
johnnyliner

should I be letting the Luongo rumors get to me... on of the reasons I would make the deal... and yes, I have a top 2 team in my opinion... my other goalies are :

Lundqvist, Varlamov, Lindback

I have Markstrom, Bernier and Vasilevskiy on my prospects squad (anyone under 82 games played are considered prospects... so I could toggle them with Lindback...)

Old
09-06-2012, 04:24 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

I'd make the trade. You have a great team, and this trade helps make your team better albeit in the short term, but it makes your team better.

Plus losing Markstrom won't be such a big hit with Bernier on your farm, and with Smith likely being solid for the years ahead.

Your team is very good, and this only makes your team better IMO.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
johnnyliner

well thanks for the help... ended up trading the following players :
Baertschi
Markstrom
Neiderreiter
Brendan Smith
Rielly

and received the following :
Chara
Boyle
T. Ruutu
goalie Mike Smith

I have up 5 good prospects, but hopefully my team is ready to win... hope i did the right thing

Old
09-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Cappy
belgians do it best

wow, you usually don't see a team give up on the year until midway thru the season. you got some real nice pieces that will help you the next few years that made it worth giving up the kids and their potential

Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyliner View Post
well thanks for the help... ended up trading the following players :
Baertschi
Markstrom
Neiderreiter
Brendan Smith
Rielly

and received the following :
Chara
Boyle
T. Ruutu
goalie Mike Smith

I have up 5 good prospects, but hopefully my team is ready to win... hope i did the right thing
It's a great trade for you, the trade stacks your defense, and probably gives you the best defense group in your whole league. The adding of Mike Smith probably gives you the best goaltending in your whole league, and you already have a young amazing forward group, that allows you to move out solid prospects without having future problems.

This trade puts you in the driver seat to win this year, and the next few years to come, your team is going to be very dangerous for the duration of your league, I would imagine. Big time win for you, as you were looking like a favourite to win before pulling the trigger on this trade, that bolsters your defense and goaltending, without sacrificing and current stud forwards from your roster.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote