Post your fantasy squads here!

Old
09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Buttonwood
feaster in the groin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
You picked 9th in a standard scoring league and had Brees at that point? I don't know a league with standard scoring amongst the people I spoke with that didn't have Foster, Rice, McCoy, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady go as the top 6, not in that order necessarily.

Pats D though? Eesh.
Somebody's got to fall! To be fair Brees is the #3-4 QB and some people were (a little too) high on WRs. Needless to say, I'm happy.

Ya, I didn't like any of the defenses left, so I'll probably just try to play match-ups with NE, SEA, and DEN. But I do like NE more than most: BB knows that their weakness cost them when it mattered, subsequently invested 2 high picks, and will have plenty of teams throwing against them--leading to sacks and picks (and of course, yards against).

Buttonwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
thats what happens when you draft 2 qbs as high as you did...this is why I am a firm believer in drafting qbs after round 5 or 6
I drafted Matt Ryan in the 9th round... I also don't think you paid any attention to my scoring details.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Nazem Bozak

QB: Cam Newton
HB: Ray Rice
HB: Demarco Murray
WR: Hakeem Nicks
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Aaron Hernandez
K: Hanson
DEF: Packers
Bench:
Romo
Blackmon
Brown
Thomas (Broncos)
Tate
Britt

Nazem Bozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Cu Culann

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
My other league. 14 TEAM LEAGUE DRAFTED 10th OVERALL.

Bench

Alex Smith

Pierre Thomas

Randy Moss

Brent Celek

don't know who to start Moss or Heyward - Bey
I would go with Heyward-Bey. Moss is still a bit of a question mark, Heyward-Bey is expected to produce.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Cu Culann

3 overall, 10 teamer

Pos Player Team Round

QB Eli Manning NYG 6
RB LeSean McCoy Phi 1
RB Jamaal Charles KC 3
WR Brandon Lloyd NE 4
WR Marques Colston NO 5
WR Malcolm Floyd SD 13
TE Fred Davis Was 7
R/W/T Titus Young Det 8
DST Green Bay 14
K Garrett Hartley NO 16

RB Adrian Peterson Min 2
WR Greg Little Cle 9
RB Jaquizz Rodgers Atl 10
TE Jermaine Gresham Cin 11
WR Michael Crabtree SF 12
QB Carson Palmer Oak 15

I think I may have jumped the gun on some of my targets, but I like my depth.

Does it look like I gambled too much?
Do I have my priorities on WR set straight?
Drop Carson Palmer for some deep RB sleeper? Who?

Old
09-06-2012, 03:20 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
3 overall, 10 teamer
This is gonna come down to the health of Charles and AP. I like that you took 3 RBs first as if one doesn't pan out you're still fine. Also think you took Lloyd, Titus, and Little a bit too early, but time will tell.
Quote:
Do I have my priorities on WR set straight?
I like Floyd this year so for now I'd keep it as is.
Quote:
Drop Carson Palmer for some deep RB sleeper? Who?
Definitely. Tough for me to say without knowing who's available, but in that Jacquizz went in the 10th I'm sure that means Hillis, Gerhart, M Bush, Wilson, Tate, Leshoure, Jennings, R Williams, Helu, Hunter, Turbin, etc. are all gone. If so, maybe a Taiwan Jones, D Thomas, Blount, Dwyer, Hardesty, Pead.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Cu Culann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
This is gonna come down to the health of Charles and AP. I like that you took 3 RBs first as if one doesn't pan out you're still fine. Also think you took Lloyd, Titus, and Little a bit too early, but time will tell.

I like Floyd this year so for now I'd keep it as is.

Definitely. Tough for me to say without knowing who's available, but in that Jacquizz went in the 10th I'm sure that means Hillis, Gerhart, M Bush, Wilson, Tate, Leshoure, Jennings, R Williams, Helu, Hunter, Turbin, etc. are all gone. If so, maybe a Taiwan Jones, D Thomas, Blount, Dwyer, Hardesty, Pead.
Exactly right re: the running backs. There was a run on WRs in the 3rd-4th, and I'm sure I ended grabbing a bunch of "sleepers" way too early. Cross my fingers. I'll watch the results this weekend for a running back like you mentioned.

Appreciate the thoughts.

Last edited by Cu Culann: 09-06-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Thanks
Old
09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

First Year Doing Fantasy Football:

1. (3) Ray Rice
(Bal - RB)
2. (22) Victor Cruz
(NYG - WR)
3. (27) Eli Manning
(NYG - QB)
4. (46) Mike Wallace
(Pit - WR)
5. (51) Antonio Gates
(SD - TE)
6. (70) Beanie Wells
(Ari - RB)
7. (75) Stevie Johnson
(Buf - WR)
8. (94) Ben Roethlisberger
(Pit - QB)
9. (99) Seattle
(Sea - DEF)
10. (118) David Akers
(SF - K)
11. (123) Michael Bush
(Chi - RB)
12. (142) Denarius Moore
(Oak - WR)
13. (147) Dustin Keller
(NYJ - TE)
14. (166) Brandon Jacobs
(SF - RB)
15. (171) Mike Nugent
(Cin - K)
16. (190) Austin Collie
(Ind - WR)

Hick Leafs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
First Year Doing Fantasy Football:
Unless the league has crazy rules I don't know about there is no reason for you to have picked a Kicker in round 10 or a DEF in the 9th or pick a backup K at all.

Your WRs are good (although you probably took Cruz 2 rounds too early) but you need help at RB other than Rice.

Not sold on Wells as Ryan Williams is coming up the rear, Bush is ok but is a backup and shouldn't be your #3 and Jacobs is injured plus the 3rd stringer.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
MJG

18 Team league. Had the 15th pick.

QB Robert Griffin III, Wsh
RB Matt Forte, Chi
RB Darren McFadden, Oak
WR Percy Harvin, Min
WR Titus Young, Det
TE Aaron Hernandez, NE
FLEX Doug Martin, TB
D/ST Patriots D/ST
K Justin Medlock, CAR
Bench Greg Little, Cle
Bench Rashard Mendenhall, Pit
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car
Bench Jake Locker, Ten
Bench Kyle Rudolph, Min
Bench Austin Collie, Ind
Bench Emmanuel Sanders, Pit

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:45 AM
AmericanDream
Gold or Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
I drafted Matt Ryan in the 9th round... I also don't think you paid any attention to my scoring details.
saw your scoring details, was nothing special...whats your point?

also what kind of monkeys did you draft with to let Matt Ryan get to the 9th?

that is beyond ridiculous

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
saw your scoring details, was nothing special...whats your point?

also what kind of monkeys did you draft with to let Matt Ryan get to the 9th?

that is beyond ridiculous
Point is, Brees is the most valuable guy on board at 6 and it's really not even close. He averages 7+ points per week more than guys like CJ2k, MJD, and Forte, and that's also about as much as he outscores the second tier QBs by. With our settings, the difference between someone like Forte and someone like R.Bush is actually pretty negligible week-to-week, even if I don't really like Bush as a player. The added points I get from Brees here is huge. Graham in the second seems like a reach, but we have a full point per reception and he had at least 4 catches in every game last year--that's too good to pass up at this point, and he won't last until the third round. His 17.9 points per game is better than any RB left on board at that position, and comparable with the top tier guys. Beyond that I just reacted to having my targets go a few spots before my pick and took who I thought was the BPA. My receivers are all #1 or 1a targets, and all average 13+ points per week except for Maclin. I'm not pleased with my RB crew by any stretch, but my QB and receiving corps have enough firepower to keep me in most games until I make a move for an RB.

As for Ryan, *shrug*. A lot of starters went early. 9th round seems a little low for him, but it's really a matter of preference. Some love him this year, some aren't sold on him breaking out. The second tier guys are totally interchangeable week-to-week, and Romo and Peyton could go huge at any time as well.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Unless the league has crazy rules I don't know about there is no reason for you to have picked a Kicker in round 10 or a DEF in the 9th or pick a backup K at all.

Your WRs are good (although you probably took Cruz 2 rounds too early) but you need help at RB other than Rice.

Not sold on Wells as Ryan Williams is coming up the rear, Bush is ok but is a backup and shouldn't be your #3 and Jacobs is injured plus the 3rd stringer.
well people started taking def and kicers at like round 7, so i had to take them earlier then i wanted to

and cruz was actually ranked 21

and like i said first year doing this

Hick Leafs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
well people started taking def and kicers at like round 7, so i had to take them earlier then i wanted to

If people around you start taking defence and kickers that early you just laugh at them and improve your depth elsewhere. You can get a good D and kicker in the last rounds.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Quote:

I know its your first year but some advice for the future is don't let other peoples picking of K and DEF affect you. They should almost always be picked in the last 2 or 3 rounds. The difference between the 1st and 15th K is usually slim. If a dude wants to pick Gostkowski or 49ers D that early, well that's their fault.

You coulda got like Prater and the Chiefs DEF or something in the last 2 rounds and woulda been fine while in the mean time be improving your depth at WR and RB in the 9th and 10th.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
18 Team league. Had the 15th pick.

QB Robert Griffin III, Wsh
RB Matt Forte, Chi
RB Darren McFadden, Oak
WR Percy Harvin, Min
WR Titus Young, Det
TE Aaron Hernandez, NE
FLEX Doug Martin, TB
D/ST Patriots D/ST
K Justin Medlock, CAR
Bench Greg Little, Cle
Bench Rashard Mendenhall, Pit
Bench Brandon LaFell, Car
Bench Jake Locker, Ten
Bench Kyle Rudolph, Min
Bench Austin Collie, Ind
Bench Emmanuel Sanders, Pit
Surprised you ended up with McFadden AND Forte at 15th. I can't imagine playing in an 18 team league, but I would say that would be pretty decent team in a deep 12 team league too

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:43 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Cam Newton
Ray Rice
Frank Gore
Percy Harvin
Dwayne Bowe
Tony Gonzalez
Alex Henerey
Ravens
Vincent Jackson - flex

Peyton Manning
Maurice Jones-Drew
Mark Ingram
Greg Little
Nate Burleson
Fred Davis

PPR 10 man league.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
AmericanDream
Gold or Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Point is, Brees is the most valuable guy on board at 6 and it's really not even close. He averages 7+ points per week more than guys like CJ2k, MJD, and Forte, and that's also about as much as he outscores the second tier QBs by. With our settings, the difference between someone like Forte and someone like R.Bush is actually pretty negligible week-to-week, even if I don't really like Bush as a player. The added points I get from Brees here is huge. Graham in the second seems like a reach, but we have a full point per reception and he had at least 4 catches in every game last year--that's too good to pass up at this point, and he won't last until the third round. His 17.9 points per game is better than any RB left on board at that position, and comparable with the top tier guys. Beyond that I just reacted to having my targets go a few spots before my pick and took who I thought was the BPA. My receivers are all #1 or 1a targets, and all average 13+ points per week except for Maclin. I'm not pleased with my RB crew by any stretch, but my QB and receiving corps have enough firepower to keep me in most games until I make a move for an RB.

As for Ryan, *shrug*. A lot of starters went early. 9th round seems a little low for him, but it's really a matter of preference. Some love him this year, some aren't sold on him breaking out. The second tier guys are totally interchangeable week-to-week, and Romo and Peyton could go huge at any time as well.
not going to get into a debate with you but Brees is not the most valuable player at #6. The math does not support the idea of selecting a QB that high in comparison to having an elite running back... the gap between Brees and a guy I get in the 7th round isnt as big of a difference as some want to believe....plus you only play one QB at a time...in most leagues, people use 3 RB's (one as a flex) and landing the elite of the elite in running backs is the mathematical advantage you will have as you are in a clear advantage over the herd with 3 overall spots instead of just one...

I will guarantee that your team of Brees, Doug Martin, and Reggie Bush will lose 10 out of 10 times to my teams that I draft of Romo, McCoy and Murray by years end (assuming everyone stays relatively healthy ofcourse)....just using 3 guys as an example that I usually draft with Romo going around round 7.... the gap between McCoy/Murray and Martin/Bush is gigantic in the landscape of fantasy football...

Old
09-07-2012, 11:27 PM
AmericanDream
Gold or Bust!

Quote:
not going to get into a debate with you but Brees is not the most valuable player at #6. The math does not support the idea of selecting a QB that high in comparison to having an elite running back... the gap between Brees and a guy I get in the 7th round isnt as big of a difference as some want to believe....plus you only play one QB at a time...in most leagues, people use 3 RB's (one as a flex) and landing the elite of the elite in running backs is the mathematical advantage you will have as you are in a clear advantage over the herd with 3 overall spots instead of just one...

I will guarantee that your team of Brees, Doug Martin, and Reggie Bush will lose 10 out of 10 times to my teams that I draft of Romo, McCoy and Murray by years end (assuming everyone stays relatively healthy ofcourse)....just using 3 guys as an example that I usually draft with Romo going around round 7.... the gap between McCoy/Murray and Martin/Bush is gigantic in the landscape of fantasy football...
if I am not saying this very clearly, then my apologies as its late and I have downed a few silver bullets....

to each their own in draft strategy, but I get giddy when people take QBs in round 1 in one starting QB leagues....

my draft strategy has served me very well over the years as I am sure yours has for you...so I will just keep my strategy to myself as I want to continue to win league championships...

Old
09-08-2012, 06:21 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
to each their own in draft strategy, but I get giddy when people take QBs in round 1 in one starting QB leagues...
I'd never argue with someone who would take Foster/Rice/McCoy before Rodgers say, but there's no question taking a top QB before someone like Forte or Murray is the smart way to go. Look at last year's top 4. Charles was a bust, and AP didn't finish the year. Very little chance that happens with a top QB (aside from Vick). You could make an argument for CJ2K and a healthy McFadden, but after that QB is the way to go.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I'd never argue with someone who would take Foster/Rice/McCoy before Rodgers say, but there's no question taking a top QB before someone like Forte or Murray is the smart way to go. Look at last year's top 4. Charles was a bust, and AP didn't finish the year. Very little chance that happens with a top QB (aside from Vick). You could make an argument for CJ2K and a healthy McFadden, but after that QB is the way to go.
Agreed. The "conventional wisdom" is always "draft RBs early" and yet every year in my league, the teams that do the best are the ones that have Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees at quarterback. Also, the team with either of the top 2 ranked running backs (at draft time) has NEVER won our league. Small sample size, I know, but I would never take a player like Matt Forte over Drew Brees or Tom Brady.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote