HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stamkos says Henrik Lundqvist is the toughest goalie to score on

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-04-2012, 04:43 PM
  #1
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Stamkos says Henrik Lundqvist is the toughest goalie to score on

its over on tsn.ca/nhl

go to the videos on the right, then on the 2nd page theres a stamkos shooting video...its a good watch actually.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 05:18 PM
  #2
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
make it a little easier here:

http://www.tsn.ca/cabbiepresents/

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 05:32 PM
  #3
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,341
vCash: 500
Wonderful haha.

Henrik Lundqvist, the king. He's so cool that when we were in Atlantic city playing blackjack and split two kings cus that's how cool he is and then he got two more kings.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:12 PM
  #4
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,222
vCash: 823
All these "toughest goalie to score on" things that players always say has a bit of bias to it.

How many elite goalies are in the eastern conference, where every eastern conference team plays four times a season? Not many.

How many elite goalies are there in the western conference where every western conference team plays four times in a season? Definitely more than the east.

It would be way easier for a player to make that decision when they face way less elite goalies than they do of the western conference.

A few years ago, Luongo was voted, by the players, the toughest goalie to score on. This was the same argument we used.

Obviously I'm not saying Lundqvist is not the toughest goalie to score on, but it isn't fair to say that if you are only using an eastern conference player's opinion.

__________________
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:39 PM
  #5
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
All these "toughest goalie to score on" things that players always say has a bit of bias to it.

How many elite goalies are in the eastern conference, where every eastern conference team plays four times a season? Not many.

How many elite goalies are there in the western conference where every western conference team plays four times in a season? Definitely more than the east.

It would be way easier for a player to make that decision when they face way less elite goalies than they do of the western conference.

A few years ago, Luongo was voted, by the players, the toughest goalie to score on. This was the same argument we used.

Obviously I'm not saying Lundqvist is not the toughest goalie to score on, but it isn't fair to say that if you are only using an eastern conference player's opinion.
I think it depends on a lot of things. Most importantly to the shooter is the kind of shot he is likely to take, and how accurate he is. We all know Hank has some vulnerability high glove side, and someone who is adept at hitting that sweet spot may disagree with Stamkos' sentiment. However someone who makes their money shooting low or trying to beat a goalie tucking it under their arms before they can center to the shot, would probably say Lundqvist is a beast. His position is generally technically sound, and his vision/reflexes are top-notch.

I think it is safe to say most players would rank Henrik highly among toughest goalies to score on, but THE toughest becomes highly subjective to each player.

__________________

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:05 PM
  #6
FultonReed
ew, you did what?
 
FultonReed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Wonderful haha.

Henrik Lundqvist, the king. He's so cool that when we were in Atlantic city playing blackjack and split two kings cus that's how cool he is and then he got two more kings.
like a boss.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
  #7
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,067
vCash: 500
Ovechkin has said this multiple times as well (before he won the vezina)

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:09 PM
  #8
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Makes sense. Probably a combination of the fact that our defense is stingy as far as allowing clear shooting lanes and that Lundqvist has incredible lateral movement and is hard to beat even on those one-timers that Stamkos loves.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:20 PM
  #9
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Best. Goalie. Ever. Proven night after night.

The King uses the F word better than Carlin.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:55 PM
  #10
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,427
vCash: 350
I've been calling Lundqvist the best goalie in the league for years now. I remember when people would laugh at me for thinking that on the main board. It's very apparent that he is the best. His resume is second to none compared to other goalies currently in their prime.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
  #11
dowenmr
Registered User
 
dowenmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rockland County, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Patrick Sharp has said the same thing

http://snyrangersblog.com/henrik-lun...s-the-coolest/

dowenmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:15 PM
  #12
ogie
Registered User
 
ogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Ovechkin has said this multiple times as well (before he won the vezina)
i think that Hank is seriously in Ovechkin's head. seems like he drives him mad when we play them... which is awesome.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:34 PM
  #13
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
i think that Hank is seriously in Ovechkin's head. seems like he drives him mad when we play them... which is awesome.
not sure i agree with that...AO has scored quite a few goals on Henrik over the years, and in the playoffs especially. hes been lethal.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
  #14
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 8,278
vCash: 500
Universe is the easiest. Too bad he was asked that.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
  #15
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,877
vCash: 500
When Stamkos was shooting pucks at that guy was the best part of the video. But him saying Lundqvist was awesome too.

bigbuffalo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:56 AM
  #16
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I've been calling Lundqvist the best goalie in the league for years now. I remember when people would laugh at me for thinking that on the main board. It's very apparent that he is the best. His resume is second to none compared to other goalies currently in their prime.
Unfortunately everybody still thinks the best is Quick.

bigbuffalo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
  #17
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuffalo313 View Post
Unfortunately everybody still thinks the best is Quick.
Flavor of the month.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:54 PM
  #18
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Flavor of the month.
The whole Kings organization is the flavor of the month. Prior to the playoffs, Brown was an awful captain and an awful player being shopped around. Bernier and Quick were fighting for the starting position and there was no clear consensus of who would get it. They were a bubble team that no one saw doing anything in the playoffs, if they even made it. Then they go on a tear in the post-season and suddenly they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. We'll see what they can do next season, which I'm willing to bet will be a 2nd round exit at the hands of a team like the Coyotes.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 05:10 PM
  #19
NYRangers77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
That guy cabbie is a tool, hes literally 2 inches from stamkos's face the whole time.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:01 PM
  #20
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
The whole Kings organization is the flavor of the month. Prior to the playoffs, Brown was an awful captain and an awful player being shopped around. Bernier and Quick were fighting for the starting position and there was no clear consensus of who would get it. They were a bubble team that no one saw doing anything in the playoffs, if they even made it. Then they go on a tear in the post-season and suddenly they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. We'll see what they can do next season, which I'm willing to bet will be a 2nd round exit at the hands of a team like the Coyotes.
Kings were penciled in to be a Stanley Cup final favorite before the season began. The fact that they were doing so horribly in the regular season had surprised a lot of people.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
  #21
NYR2047
Moderator
Team Parsley
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Kings were penciled in to be a Stanley Cup final favorite before the season began. The fact that they were doing so horribly in the regular season had surprised a lot of people.
I remember this, they were expected to be great not sneak in as the 8th seed

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
  #22
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
i think that hank is seriously in ovechkin's head. Seems like he drives him mad when we play them... Which is awesome.
whos your daddy!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.