HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Who should I claim for my keeper?

Old
09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Who should I claim for my keeper?

Kreider
Tarasenko
Shultz
Hamilton
Doan
Baetshi
Vokoun
Bishop
Granlund
Berglund

Now no guarantee I will get all of these guys as I have 4 open spots. We are doing an offline draft, Just wondering how you would rank them. Keep in mind I have a great shot at winning it all this year so that is definately playing into my decision a bit.

Yahoo rotisserie.

My team

LW - Ovechkin, Neal, Ladd
C - Crosby, Kesler, Lecavalier
RW - Backes, Kessel, Versteeg
D - Karlsson, Boyle, Suter, Campbell, Bieksa, Quincey
G - Miller, Luongo, Thomas

Last edited by DJB: 09-05-2012 at 02:22 PM.
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
I'm taking into consideration that you're in contention mode, and you're center/goalie depth is pretty damn good.

#1 - Tarasenko (Defensive system, but he's an electric talent. Could be the winger Backes has been looking for)

#2 - Doan (Old dog keeps on doing it. Lock for 20g, 50pts, 50PIM, and Hits if your league counts it. Icing on the cake for a contending team)

#3 - Kreider (The NY lineup is cluttered, but if he gets his foot in the door this year, there's a good chance he'll either play with Gaborik or Nash)

#4 - Shultz (Too much unwarranted hype surrounding a kid who hasn't played a single NHL game. That being said, he could land himself on a PP unit with some of the best young talent in the game today which is never a bad thing)

Last edited by Everlong: 09-05-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Tarasenko
Hamilton
Granlund
Schultz
Kreider
Baetshi
Bishop
Doan
Vokoun

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Cappy
belgians do it best

in no particular order these 4

kreider, granlund, tarasenko, hamilton

Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:00 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Granlund just went before me. Ii decided on Kreider and am glad since the two GM's after me were going to take him. I'm holding out that Tarasenko might fall to round 2. We shall see.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Tarasenko
Hamilton
Doan

Vokoun I'm hoping to take with my last pick as I need a 3rd netminder. Fluery falters often and Vokoun is pretty good insurance and probably good for 20 starts.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
IdealisticSniper

The real question is, what kind of garbage keeper league do you play in that Crosby and Ovechkin end up on the same team. Lol

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:54 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
The real question is, what kind of garbage keeper league do you play in that Crosby and Ovechkin end up on the same team. Lol
I traded for Crosby last year when he was hurt and nobody knew if he was going to retire or not. I took a huge gamble.

Nugent Hopkins + Perron + Myers + Hiller

for

Crosby + Campbell.

That's what it cost me for a broken Crosby at the time.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

A team just offered me Holtby for Kreider straight up.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
A team just offered me Holtby for Kreider straight up.
Stick with Kreider. Holtby has looked good, but it's difficult to tell with goaltenders how many starts they'll actually get. I'd say keep that one on the back-burner until the season starts at very least. Overall, I like Kreider better considering your team's goaltending as is.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:37 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Stick with Kreider. Holtby has looked good, but it's difficult to tell with goaltenders how many starts they'll actually get. I'd say keep that one on the back-burner until the season starts at very least. Overall, I like Kreider better considering your team's goaltending as is.
Well that same GM just took Tarasenko so he isn't sliding. I tried offering Kreider + my 2nd pick for Holtby and Tarasenko but no go at the moment.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Hutzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I'm taking into consideration that you're in contention mode, and you're center/goalie depth is pretty damn good.
He has one starting goalie...how is his goalie depth damn good?

Hutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutzler View Post
He has one starting goalie...how is his goalie depth damn good?
Thomas isn't playing this year but Miller and Lu is still an above average pair. Even in Lu's current state.

Last edited by Everlong: 09-06-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old
09-06-2012, 04:12 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

What happened to adding Rinne? That would have been a huge win for you.

I like Tarasenko if you can land him, it's too late now but I would have preferred Tarasenko over Kreider. If Tarasenko is gone, I think Doan would be a good idea, as your team will be a contender. Schultz is a good option as he should be able to contribute right away, and will continue to be good on your back end. If those all fail then I look to Hamilton who could very well be the best, but IMO is the furthest away from helping, and with your squad I'd be looking for immediate help, as your positioned very well to win not only now but in the future.

Getting Vokoun at the end of the draft isn't a bad idea, but isn't needed if you can manage to get that old Rinne deal back, which IMO is what you should do.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
What happened to adding Rinne? That would have been a huge win for you.

I like Tarasenko if you can land him, it's too late now but I would have preferred Tarasenko over Kreider. If Tarasenko is gone, I think Doan would be a good idea, as your team will be a contender. Schultz is a good option as he should be able to contribute right away, and will continue to be good on your back end. If those all fail then I look to Hamilton who could very well be the best, but IMO is the furthest away from helping, and with your squad I'd be looking for immediate help, as your positioned very well to win not only now but in the future.

Getting Vokoun at the end of the draft isn't a bad idea, but isn't needed if you can manage to get that old Rinne deal back, which IMO is what you should do.
Ya the Rinne deal is on hold for now. The other GM is shopping him around first.

Shultz went two picks after Kreider so he isn't an option. I did manage to snag Hamilton in round 2 though.

So after two rounds I have Kreider and Hamilton.

Thougts on Kreider and Hamilton for Holtby and Tarasenko?

Old
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Was just offerd Halak and Spezza for Kessel, Kesler and suter. Should I?

Old
09-07-2012, 09:14 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

I countered with Kesler and Suter for Halak instead. We shall see.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Decided to do the Holtby and Tarasenko for Kreider and Hamilton.

I'm in win now mode so it's a good deal for me to acquire a starting goaltender and only give up future.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:09 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
I countered with Kesler and Suter for Halak instead. We shall see.
Don't like this trade too much personally, I think Halak is great, and I'm not a fan of Elliott, but I feel with the Blues Elliott will be able to steal more games off Halak than he should, much like last year, to a slightly lesser degree. The better option IMO was the original only because I slightly prefer Spezza to Kessel, but there's probably better center options in the free agent pool, that would make Kessel greater than Spezza, plus he's more goal heavy, and goals are usually the hardest to come by. But if there's still hope for that Rinne trade to come to fruition, I'd no doubt go for it, as it's a much better deal than what is offered up in any of the Halak scenarios.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:11 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Decided to do the Holtby and Tarasenko for Kreider and Hamilton.

I'm in win now mode so it's a good deal for me to acquire a starting goaltender and only give up future.
Good trade. Hamilton might be the best player in the deal, but he's the furthest away from being a fantasy stud, Holtby will by far bring the most immediate help to a team in win now mode, and I much prefer Tarasenko over Kreider. Plus I like Tarasenko over Hamilton because a stud forward beats out a stud dman in terms of fantasy relevance.

You got a team that can win now, and this trade makes you better right now, and could very well help you out more in the future than the futures your giving up. Very smart trade IMO.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Ya that was my thoughts on it as well. I'm in win now mode so acquiring Holtby helps me in that regard.

I had Kreider and Tarasenko rated quite closely in terms of their production and potential. I do agree that Hamilton has massive potential, but I think he is 2-3 years away from realising that. I'm also in the same mindset that a stud forward is much better then a stud defenceman. Fowards put up more points plain and simple.

Currently mulling a Suter for Zetterberg trade now. They keep coming!!! lol

Also contemplating offering Kesler for M Koivu.

Last edited by DJB: 09-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old
09-09-2012, 03:47 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Currently mulling a Suter for Zetterberg trade now. They keep coming!!! lol

Also contemplating offering Kesler for M Koivu.
I wouldn't mind swapping Suter for Zetterberg, in fact I really like it, but I know of some of your possible trade options that involve Suter, which are better, so for the time being I'm not sure if you should make this trade, unless the other offers involving Suter, disappear. But with your defense, adding a guy like Zetterberg who can contribute more than Suter can in the fantasy world, it makes it a very good trade for you.

Depends when the season starts, but if Kesler is out when the season comes to a start, I'd rather have the currently healthy and IR free M. Koivu. Looking past Kesler's injury, it comes down to how well you think Koivu can do with the new cast in Minnesota, and if he to can avoid injuries. It's a tough decision to make, but I'd go with Koivu, with Kesler injury playing a small role in my deciding.

At the end of the day, neither trade hurts you, and both can prove to be beneficial in winning your pool this season.